382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I HATE SPONGEBOB

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that's pretty good, I could see that as the background music to when they work sometimes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A remarkably annoying and inappropriate song.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an incredible yes. Asurface of happy productivity conceals a hidden tension
    bubbling against the inefficienies of his fellow man.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    an incredible yes. Asurface of happy productivity conceals a hidden tension
    bubbling against the inefficienies of his fellow man.
    How about try something tense and melancholic with a minor undercurrent of hope that something sometimes just might work.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better chance of success connecting this to ISTps. Or ESFjs. Or maybe ISTjs.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    How about try something tense and melancholic with a minor undercurrent of hope that something sometimes just might work.
    This is SmilingEyes' theme song

Possibly sung by an EII, actually.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sampled from:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    that's great. That's what someone would do if they were making fun of me, too. Bono included. Perfect.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though an ISTp and a positivist, I sometimes feel that way as well. Weak Ni I suppose..?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    This is SmilingEyes' theme song

Possibly sung by an EII, actually.
    Uh. That was quite pleasant. Thanks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another example of what ESTj is not

And this isn't correct either

This neither

Nor this

This is slightly better, but only if you see it through sarcastic glasses

This has sort of the correct feeling

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though an ISTp and a positivist, I sometimes feel that way as well. Weak Ni I suppose..?
    I sometimes crack a joke.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was disturbing in so many levels... thank you.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I crack jokes all the time... but I don't get your point; nor the reason why Maritsa smiled. (not that I ever try to understand her reactions)
    Last edited by Park; 05-09-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I crack jokes all the time... but I don't get your point; nor the reason why Maritsa smiled. (not that I ever try to understand her reactions)
    Maybe you should take the zen aspect to the implicit question.

Two pupils met mistress Shi while she was having her tea.
    One pupil frowned and said, will you help me reach enlightenment because I am weary?
    Mistress Shi lifted her eyebrows and sipped her tea.
    The other pupil smiled and said: I don't need your teaching today.
    Mistress Shi closed her eyes and said: What a burden.
    Enlightenment.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her reactions are all based on her attempts to win people over. It almost smacks of being an EIE and how they overexagerate positive emotions when they want to suck up to people to gain their favor - but obviously we see how an EII can do such things.

Smilex is an LSE, so if she can gain favor with one, and create a coalition of "good LSEs" or "real LSEs", it will somehow make her seem 'more correct'.

It's all tactical, and rather 'fake'.

Creepy-Cyclops

For ISTps, hmm, I dunno, something pretty languid and 'archaic', then about half way through burts into a rather contrasting hive of activity of chorus.

Like them living in their Si but then they burst through with their creative Te and it can be rather contrasting and hence impressive what they can achieve in these moments.

Certainly can surprise me even when I do it.

I thought ride of valkyries, as it's sort of archaic in it's imagery, but it's not quiet for long enough to begin with, nor temper down. Maybe I or someone will think of a song.

Oh, I suppose ENFps would be something mostly busy, but lull then start with a slightly different type of music (but still related), as their energy luls a little before the start of the 'next big thing'.

Creepy-Cyclops

Her reactions are all based on her attempts to win people over. It almost smacks of being an EIE and how they overexagerate positive emotions when they want to suck up to people to gain their favor - but obviously we see how an EII can do such things.

Smilex is an LSE, so if she can gain favor with one, and create a coalition of "good LSEs" or "real LSEs", it will somehow make her seem 'more correct'.

I see her - what seems like - negative outbursts being the product of an Fi dominant becoming too exposed to the 'object', resulting in negative responses to it. I also think she's too stubborn to be an extravert, she doesn't have a good enough overall relation with the actual world, keeps sticking to her own sense of the introverted 'idea' rather than melding her view to reality.

Of course extraverts can be stubborn too, I just see her overall way of being stubborn as a characteristic of introvert, it's a stubborness based of her own individual idea rather than a real connection with base function reality; there's been too much stuff for me to elaborate fully, just think that those who've seen it themselves (as we all have) would get what I mean.

Anyway, I think I remember saying to her from off that this isn't best place for her, seems she is finally realising herself as her posting frequency is petering off, so guess will never know

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    For ISTps, hmm, I dunno, something pretty languid and 'archaic', then about half way through burts into a rather contrasting hive of activity of chorus.

Like them living in their Si but then they burst through with their creative Te and it can be rather contrasting and hence impressive what they can achieve in these moments.

Certainly can surprise me even when I do it.

I thought ride of valkyries, as it's sort of archaic in it's imagery, but it's not quiet for long enough to begin with, nor temper down. Maybe I or someone will think of a song.

Just testing.
    How do you like these?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, thanks, that make perfect sense. It's sort of what I assumed, but gave her the benefit of a doubt.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I smiled because I wanted to say "Hi" in an indirect way, "I'm here" kind of way. Se PoLR=indirectness, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I see her - what seems like - negative outbursts being the product of an Fi dominant becoming too exposed to the 'object', resulting in negative responses to it. I also think she's too stubborn to be an extravert, she doesn't have a good enough overall relation with the actual world, keeps sticking to her own sense of the introverted 'idea' rather than melding her view to reality.

Of course extraverts can be stubborn too, I just see her overall way of being stubborn as a characteristic of introvert, it's a stubborness based of her own individual idea rather than a real connection with base function reality; there's been too much stuff for me to elaborate fully, just think that those who've seen it themselves (as we all have) would get what I mean.

Anyway, I think I remember saying to her from off that this isn't best place for her, seems she is finally realising herself as her posting frequency is petering off, so guess will never know
    Correct. Correct. Correct...You are awesome. Why do ISTp's understand me so well? My X could read me like a book. My dual cousin knows me well too; she knows that when someone goes against my ideals I will raise my voice and she just has to let me she's a 8w9 in the enne so I know that there isn't a difference between subtypes and "getting along" within duality.

You just have to make and effort and understand or get along with your dual, IMO. I know my dual would like me to say and do exactly as they like, but that's not duality. If I see that I am right, I will carry out my own plan impertenantly...as it says here, and I do so because reason renders me that way not logic.

" The Humanist, in spite of his indecisiveness, defends his own interests silently but impertinently, if he is sure of his being right."

When I am sure that I am right, I will do things my own way and my dual just as to see and suport that about me, END OF STORY.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-10-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smilingeyes
    Maybe you should take the zen aspect to the implicit question.

Two pupils met mistress Shi while she was having her tea.
    One pupil frowned and said, will you help me reach enlightenment because I am weary?
    Mistress Shi lifted her eyebrows and sipped her tea.
    The other pupil smiled and said: I don't need your teaching today.
    Mistress Shi closed her eyes and said: What a burden.
    Enlightenment.
    I love this. You should write a novel in this style.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss Tom

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default LSE and EII films

A wonderful display of individual values and qualities in each type comes shining through in "LA Confidential" starring Russell Crow, LSE and Guy Pierce, EII. They were starred almost exactly according to their socitype in this amazing movie that displays duality so well. When they merge to work together, they become a team that uses, as I've said many times before about this particular dual pair, an unspoken intuitive (with a small case i.n.) language. A relationship where both the characters grow to apprehend qualities of the other and in such they learn to experience the gray shades they never knew before.

I love this film

-

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tuco...LSE-Si 8w7 sx/sp....the good the bad and the ugly

Winston Wolf....LSE-Te 7w8 sp/sx....pulp fiction

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost Dog in Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai is either ISTp or INTp.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Both the main characters in Lonesome Dove (book) are delta--IEE and SLI.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I HATE SPONGEBOB
    Me too

AlphaMaxxx
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although heavily gender-slanted and stereotypical,

Jane Eyre of the titular book (EII)
    and Mr Rochester (LSE)

Jane is even highly religious, and Mr Rochester is introduced as being rather gruff.

Probably 9w1 EII and 8(w9/7?) LSE
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Orlando - Virginia Woolf (not so gender-slanted or stereotypical). (the book and the movie are both excellent)

The main character is based on Vita Sackville-West, although I'm sure he/she shares some Virginia Woolf traits too.

Woolf saw Vita as a huge inspiration: whereas she might attempt to drive a car and crash it into a hedgerow, she saw Vita as very capable in the material world...Vita certainly knew how to drive a car properly! If Vita had been born male, she would have inherited a title and a vast estate. As it was, she always saw herself as very boyish and typically dressed accordingly. She was an author (fiction and memoirs as well as poetry) in her own right, and also a gardener. I would be interested to resolve what her type might have been actually (she was certainly more extroverted than Woolf, but not really surprising. I find that her writing seems very reminiscent of Woolf's in terms of phrasing, tone, sentiment etc. (indeed it reminds me of my own inclinations!)

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the fat one in jeans is LSE.

torch: ese 9w1 so/sx
    lisa: sle 8w7 so/sx
    susanna: iei 4w3 sx/sp
    daisy: eii 3w4 sx/sp

"I need an ambulance."
    "Make it a hearst."

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lucy Van Pelt....LSE-Te

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Baldwin's character....such a LSE-Te 7w8 sp/sx (basically, a gordon ramsay)

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reading The Remains of the Day. The main character is so painfully and deliciously SLI.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I thought it was going to be snow white but I guess not. I took the quiz to see which Disney character would be EII

-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast