Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How do subtypes affect intertype relationships?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    I can't, they do not exist.

Try proving that they do.
    Already been done, use the search feature.
    No, anything can be fabricated, but to exist means to be actual in reality.
    Subjective realism. All perceptions and thus reality is a fabrication by your standards. What you're saying is a contradiction.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a rather simple deduction to come to the conclusion there are subtypes. It isn't like there are 16 people that have been cloned 375000000 times each.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    Already been done, use the search feature.

Subjective realism. All perceptions and thus reality is a fabrication by your standards. What you're saying is a contradiction.
    Use the search function? That's just another way of opting out and saying it hasn't been proven yet. Subjective realism? No, what the fuck are you talking about. Im talking about reality and your over there talking about philosophy. There's a reason why philosophy is useless, it gets you nowhere. You're supposedly IEI, you lack Se, stay in your corner if you can't comprehend wtf im saying.

There's real, and then there's not real. Example. The president is real. Santa Clause is not. Just because a child may believe in Santa Clause in its own mind doesn't mean Santa Claus actually exist in reality. Take that new-age bullshit and get the fuck.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    It's a rather simple deduction to come to the conclusion there are subtypes. It isn't like there are 16 people that have been cloned 375000000 times each.
    ....Um....dur, nobodies the same. I can assure you that there are definitely no subtypes though, thats just people trying to overcomplicate things. If there are subtypes of types, then there are subtypes of subtypes, which have subtypes of their own, and so forth.

But even if we were to say people were clones of each other, even if there were definite 16 types of people in this world; being a clone might mean they are psychologically the same...but they'd inevitably be taking different paths which would produce different outcomes, which is what we can see in real life.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    lol
    Use the search function? That's just another way of opting out and saying it hasn't been proven yet.
    Why should anyone reexplain something which has been gone over so in depth before and is also pretty fuckin obvious and a dumb question? .. Re^ what Hitta said.

Subjective realism? No, what the fuck are you talking about. Im talking about reality and your over there talking about philosophy. There's a reason why philosophy is useless, it gets you nowhere. You're supposedly IEI, you lack Se, stay in your corner if you can't comprehend wtf im saying.
    Reality has a subjective component. That can be shown pretty easily philosophically, and demonstrated in physics in alot of interesting ways. We can talk about it if you want, but I don't think you want to. So you're uneducated, well wear it like a badge. Are you from a poor background? You're in highschool aren't you? Learn when to keep your mouth shut and listen, you will get farther.

IEIs don't lack Se just like you don't lack Fi.. It's just a different form of the function. That's something I'm willing to explain since 95 percent of the forum still doesn't get it. Also, stop trying to act like a badass over the internet. In my experience SLEs are actually pussies. I saw that thread where you're afraid to walk up to a girl and ask her on a date? You don't have balls. I know because I also have no balls. Don't bullshit a bullshitter.

There's real, and then there's not real. Example. The president is real. Santa Clause is not. Just because a child may believe in Santa Clause in its own mind doesn't mean Santa Claus actually exist in reality. Take that new-age bullshit and get the fuck.
    The child doesn't actually believe santa clause exists in the outside world. That's the problem with language which people never catch. It's a misleading way of thinking to use words. Words are really functional more than logical. The child believes santa exists in his imagination, because he does. The mind is a physical thing. The phenomenon of experiencing an imagination of santa existing is real. And there are subjective elements everywhere in reality, even on physical levels. New age bullshit.. no it's new age, but not bullshit. I mean, if you want to remain an angsty dipshit that's your right. You'll probably change your mind after a few acid trips. Go do some acid.
    Last edited by rat1; 10-18-2011 at 02:09 PM.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

Why should anyone reexplain something which has been gone over so in depth before and is also pretty fuckin obvious and a dumb question? .. Re^ what Hitta said.

Reality has a subjective component. That can be shown pretty easily philosophically, and demonstrated in physics in alot of interesting ways. We can talk about it if you want, but I don't think you want to. So you're uneducated, well wear it like a badge. Are you from a poor background? You're in highschool aren't you? Learn when to keep your mouth shut and listen, you will get farther.

IEIs don't lack Se just like you don't lack Fi.. It's just a different form of the function. That's something I'm willing to explain since 95 percent of the forum still doesn't get it. Also, stop trying to act like a badass over the internet. In my experience SLEs are actually pussies. I saw that thread where you're afraid to walk up to a girl and ask her on a date? You don't have balls. I know because I also have no balls. Don't bullshit a bullshitter.

The child doesn't actually believe santa clause exists in the outside world. That's the problem with language which people never catch. It's a misleading way of thinking to use words. Words are really functional more than logical. The child believes santa exists in his imagination, because he does. The mind is a physical thing. The phenomenon of experiencing an imagination of santa existing is real. And there are subjective elements everywhere in reality, even on physical levels. New age bullshit.. no it's new age, but not bullshit. I mean, if you want to remain an angsty dipshit that's your right. You'll probably change your mind after a few acid trips. Go do some acid.
    You know im not reading none of that, because I know that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you aren't reading it cuz you don't give a shit. And that's fine cuz neither do I, fuck you

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....Um....dur, nobodies the same. I can assure you that there are definitely no subtypes though, thats just people trying to overcomplicate things. If there are subtypes of types, then there are subtypes of subtypes, which have subtypes of their own, and so forth.

But even if we were to say people were clones of each other, even if there were definite 16 types of people in this world; being a clone might mean they are psychologically the same...but they'd inevitably be taking different paths which would produce different outcomes, which is what we can see in real life.
    is your argument:'There are no differentiated "subtypes" BECAUSE that's too complex?' That's not an argument. That's like saying there are no atoms because molecules are already so complex.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duals ftw
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you aren't reading it cuz you don't give a shit. And that's fine cuz neither do I, fuck you
    No thank you, im flattered, but im not going to fuck you. Go fuck yourself.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    is your argument:'There are no differentiated "subtypes" BECAUSE that's too complex?' That's not an argument. That's like saying there are no atoms because molecules are already so complex.
    No. Not complex. Over-complicated, as in completely unnecessary and therefore not true at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thank you, im flattered, but im not going to fuck you. Go fuck yourself.
    I would jack off on your face

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you on, birth control pills?

But I guess since you're "IEI", you're allowed to dream. But its never gonna happen. So...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Not complex. Over-complicated, as in completely unnecessary and therefore not true at all.
    That is a subjective statement, and you aren't supporting it.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to quote Expat and say that subtypes to exist but the effects are slight to negligible. You should focus on other aspects of the theory first before trying to go on about the nuances of subtypes.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, anything can be fabricated, but to exist means to be actual in reality.
    Retsyn didn't exist until Certs invented it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People giving names to things they think they do not exist. Pretty funny.

When it is on everyone's mouth one just needs to give it a name and voila, behold.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you on, birth control pills?

But I guess since you're "IEI", you're allowed to dream. But its never gonna happen. So...
    Are you playing hard to get?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Retsyn didn't exist until Certs invented it.
    You didn't exist as well until your mum and dad invented you.

I think he is SLE-IEI unlike you who is IEI-SLE.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, right now I can't tell whether or not you're actually fucked in the head or if this is some desperate cry for attention. So im fucking around, just trying to get in your head.

After some point, if shit continues, im going to stop talking to you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL that will be devastating

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you didn't care, you wouldn't reply with sarcasm. You're also running out of things to say.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People who talk a lot about reality end up working at gas stations & car washes all their life. People who understand subjective emotions well end up working in hollywood and having so much money they don't know what to do with. I think it's clear as to what is more powerful. I'm on rat's side on this one.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    People who talk a lot about reality end up working at gas stations & car washes all their life. People who understand subjective emotions well end up working in hollywood and having so much money they don't know what to do with. I think it's clear as to what is more powerful. I'm on rat's side on this one.
    Were you trying to not make sense on purpose?

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say so. I get along way better with Ne-EII than with Fi-EII. Ne-EIIs I find hilarious and even a little cool/intimidating, whereas I usually find Fi-EII to be overly-critical/serious and delusional. This is all IME though and I'd be open to feeling differently.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Question Subtypes: Intertype Relationships

If you were to be put in a group and couldn't know anyone's type beforehand, but could choose their subtype, would you rather be with people of the same rational/irrational subtype as yourself, people of the opposite rational/irrational subtype as yourself, people of the same extrovert/introvert subtype as yourself, or people of the opposite extrovert/introvert subtype as yourself?

If you have any other thoughts about subtype preferences in any sort of relationship, please share them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would honestly not care. I've had good experiences with both. Te-Fis are usually slightly less sparky and a bit more conservative, but very open, honest and tolerant. Se-Nis are sometimes very creative, insightful and have the right amount of drive, but in other cases they may be career obsessed, phony and abrasive.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From first hand experience, I've found that subtype plays a major role in your chances of success with anyone. I've experienced this especially with my identicals.

IEEs tend to be of two kinds: those who are nerds and happy about it (Ne subtype) and those who are nerds but try to hide it (Fi subtype). From my perspective, IEE-Fi are stubborn, unreasonable, impulsive, inconsiderate and overly proud. I can't really stand them. IEE-Ne, in the other hand, are much calmer and secure about themselves. I'd say, Fi subtypes are more self-centered (more infantile) and Ne subtypes more humble (more mature).

I've noticed similar things with other types. For example, I tend to dislike SLI-Te while at the same time adore SLI-Si.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mikemex, would you say you prefer irrational subtypes to rational subtypes?
    I have had the same experiences with IEEs and their subtypes.
    I read that a more dualish dual will have the same (base or creative subtype) as you, but I'm an LSE-Te and I find XII-Nes to be the more interesting subtype.
    I seem to get along better with ILI-Tes for obvious reasons, and with IEI-Fes for not-so-obvious reasons.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I find that I get a more innate sense of connection in communication and lifestyle with rational subtypes. With the irrational subs, even when Ne/Si, I kinda feel compelled to shift my brain to think the way they do, react to things a bit differently from how I'm normally accustomed. This of course assumes that all else is normal and that the people in question aren't complete asshats.

I also find that I'm more drawn towards creative subtypes than inert ones. Inert subtypes can come off a little WYSIWYG, and I see creative subs has having some greater complexity of character in some respects.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tend to get along with other irrational people. But Maritsa said I was a rational type myself.

When somebody makes a socionics post I usually try to 'humanize' it and generalize it, to read between the lines of what I think the person is saying. Then I am just criticized for oversimplifying but you can't win with people. They either like you or they don't, the older I get the more I realize this is true and I try not to people please so much.

What I think of most people on this forum, and the internet in general- is they are afraid to really relate to people. ((and idealizing others as 'duality' is a form of not relating to them.)) This isn't true of *everybody* on here but it's true of a lot of people. They might make excuses like 'I'm a logical type' but really - for some reason they just can't properly empathize. It's sociopathic and pathological. And so caring people try to help them show they can relate to people because it's awkward. It's weird. People aren't robots. Not everybody is going to take advantage of your emotions. The person who has proper empathy levels is really the person who has the most control. The other person is reactive and self-defensive.

And then we Mary Sue people who go on the internet but also learn more balanced real life relationships. They learn they can relate and connect with almost anybody if they learn different skills instead of hatefully psychoanalyzing the person and picking apart all they don't like about them. It's not really that they act super 'gay' with them, they just warm up a little. And they will like not like certain people and still love people but they learn that they don't have to look at others so darkly.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    WYSIWYG
    ?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What You See Is What You Get

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    but I'm an LSE-Te and I find XII-Nes to be the more interesting subtype.
    Which subtype is good for you could actually have a lot to do with how comfortable your childhood relationships have been: "what type are your parents and other childhood acquaintances?" I find that rational subtypes are usually, for some reason, simply easier to get along with, a more sane temperament, and I find that irrational subtypes are usually just more interesting and less predictable/adjusted, ime. So depending on if the acquaintances that formed your childhood are closer or further to your quadra, could easily give weight to which subtype you're more drawn to. If you've on average had a more conflicting quadra lifestyle, rational subtypes will seem comparatively much more peaceful and stable. If you've mostly been comfortable or bored with your quadra's lifestyle, irrational subtypes will seem more refreshing with more potential for good change.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally prefer the "delta subtypes" in both alphas and gammas (Ne/Si & Fi/Te). In deltas and betas creative subtypes are usually preferred.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345