Thread: Does anyone have an ENTp father/dad?

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does anyone have an ENTp father/dad?

If so how would you rate them........
    Suomea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ILE pappy.

Would have to rate him well, given our intertype relation. Not too many misunderstandings between us.

He is a decent person in general. The mid-west/southern values he grew up with remain important to him.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, my dad was the exact same temperment as me.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    He is a decent person in general. The mid-west/southern values he grew up with remain important to him.
    ENTp *and* southern? You're killing me <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    ENTp *and* southern? You're killing me <3
    Yeah I noticed that too. Personally, I have no patience for southern people. I am not trying to stereotype, but all of the people who are proud to call themselves southern, God-loving, Church-going republicans, annoy the hell out of me.

I am not saying it is bad to be southern, love God, go to church, or be republican.
    But it is annoying to be all four.
    That is me pappy. We disagree and argue on many things. Perhaps argue is not the right word; debate maybe.

He often says crazy things, like the U.S. should wipe out any one who opposes us. This usually comes when I shoot down/poke holes in his conservative notions. He attends a small rural church with an ILE pastor. They meet and talk about their crazy God ideas, and my father comes home and criticises things on television for not being Jesus enough. He was pissed at my little IEE brother when he came home with a tattoo because "the devil gets into you that way". It was somthing he and the other pastor came up with.

At least now his work is keeping him too busy to go to church, so the religious kick seems to be fading. Thank God.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, damn secedin sons a bitches. the only good southern people were the so-called 'galvanized yankee.' a group of confederate POWs that decided rather than fight for the union they would become unions soldiers in the mid-west and western regions that were spared from confederate conflict.

there's nothing wrong with southern people. but i think football is nearly an epidemic there.
    asd

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'round these parts a '<3' means you like what was in the sentence it preceded..

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ENTp father and overall I would say he was pretty good. Why?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    I have an ENTp father and overall I would say he was pretty good. Why?
    Just was wondering....... have no idea whether I'll ever be stable enough for that.... but I'd like to be.
    Suomea

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would actually be pretty cool.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know four ILE's who are fathers. All four are divorced, and I've talked to three of their exes (two IEIs, one IEE) and what the exes tell me is "Massive refusal to be responsible", "Incredibly cheap", "Never grew up", "Treats the kids like his playmates, not his children", "Arrogant", and in one case "Hates educated women."

Now, I get along pretty well with these guys, but then, I wasn't married to any of them.

So No, it probably would not be awesome to have an ILE father, unless you also had a responsible adult in the room.

Actually, to be fair, I know a fifth, 40-something ILE who has never been married. He and I get along, kind of. We both agree that the other guy is an asshole, but who doesn't need to be killed just yet. He seems to have a different GF every month.

And I also know a sixth, younger ILE, about 30, possibly, who is married to an SEI and they have a little daughter. The SEI works and cleans and cooks and the ILE plays with the little girl and with his Maker stuff in the basement. He's an incredibly smart guy and I like him, but we don't hang out together.

Wait. I just remembered a seventh ILE. This guy works for a division of the Air Force, is extremely smart and handsome (he almost looks SLE-ish), and expresses sincere gratitude that he is long-married to the most wonderful woman in the world. He gives me the impression that he might be slightly religious, too, but I'm not sure of that. I've never met his wife and I don't know if he's a father, but if he is, I think he'd be a pretty good father.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-28-2021 at 05:28 PM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have one. He is pretty cool, never judged me, was good at explaining how stuff works and encouraged intellectual curiosity. At times I found the infantile aspect and Si seeking a bit annoying but all in all, just fine. I agree with the stinginess 100% though, haha.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Yeah, I have one. He is pretty cool, never judged me, was good at explaining how stuff works and encouraged intellectual curiosity. At times I found the infantile aspect and Si seeking a bit annoying but all in all, just fine. I agree with the stinginess 100% though, haha.
    This is more what I was imagining. @Adam Strange aren't you being a little hard on ILEs? Is it because of quadra differences?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is with ILE men being stingy?!?!

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    What is with ILE men being stingy?!?!
    Devalued Se doesn't want to spend anything on 'flashy' things, and 4D -Te (process type) that wants to conserve resources and use them as efficiently as possible (like LSE). SLE have +Te (like LIE) which is more interested in making as much profit as possible, less interested in savings and doesn't mind spending the money on 'cool stuff'.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Devalued Se doesn't want to spend anything on 'flashy' things, and 4D -Te (process type) that wants to conserve resources and use them as efficiently as possible (like LSE). SLE have +Te (like LIE) which is more interested in making as much profit as possible, less interested in savings and doesn't mind spending the money on 'cool stuff'.
    Thank you for the explanation! I just find this interesting as while I don’t like “flashy” things as well. I don’t mind spending a pretty penny on things that I find “comfortable” or “I consider the best product”. I am not afraid to spend money but it is something I have to be careful about. I just find this interesting from a dual aspect. I would think with Si seeking that may over spend sometimes on the things that made them feel comfortable or on people with their Fe HA. Which I am surprised heavily about. Either way, I learned something new!

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Thank you for the explanation! I just find this interesting as while I don’t like “flashy” things as well. I don’t mind spending a pretty penny on things that I find “comfortable” or “I consider the best product”. I am not afraid to spend money but it is something I have to be careful about. I just find this interesting from a dual aspect. I would think with Si seeking that may over spend sometimes on the things that made them feel comfortable or on people with their Fe HA. Which I am surprised heavily about. Either way, I learned something new!
    Yeah, ILE won't be against spending money to get a high quality product, especially if they see good use for it down the line. They just are more oriented at being sensibly frugal than overspending for the cool factor.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    This is more what I was imagining. @Adam Strange aren't you being a little hard on ILEs? Is it because of quadra differences?

Yes, @Eudaimonia, it occurred to me that I WAS being really hard on ILEs. I almost went back and deleted my post, and was thinking of modifying it at the least, but then I thought, it might be better to leave it as reporting the facts as I heard them, but to add a disclaimer that says "These women are all divorced from these guys, so they might not have the best perspective on them."

But this post will have to serve that purpose.

Personally, I think it's a mistake to marry anyone other than a Dual because the problems will just accumulate over time. Enough problems accumulate over time with Duals as it is, you don't need to add to the burden.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is ILE. Every time I talk to him, he reminds me that I don’t have to take shit from anyone (“not even me!” he says) and tells me that I should do whatever I want because it’s my life and not anyone else’s.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    My dad is ILE. Every time I talk to him, he reminds me that I don’t have to take shit from anyone (“not even me!” he says) and tells me that I should do whatever I want because it’s my life and not anyone else’s.
    This reminds me of elementary school. "He is so easy to tease because he does not seem to care". Few minutes later... "eh.. he really does not care. Not fun.".
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've only known the family of one ILE; he had a PhD in materials engineering. He seemed to have done everything for his son - even got him a job. The son wasn't very capable but tried to mimic his father's British arrogance and came across as a buffoon. As arrogant as the ILE was to most people, he certainly kowtowed to his wife when she was around. However, he seemed to spend minimal time at home; he had to be forced to retire from a senior directors job, and died 2 years later. The son took the father's death very hard so I would assume that he was a good dad.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't. I wish I had been the biological child of an ILE-Ti mother though.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.