Thread: INTjs have best bullshit detectors?

Creepy-MR J

Default INTjs have best bullshit detectors?

Among dealing with matters of an objective manner (ie sales people's ploys), are INTj's the best "bullshit detectors"?
    -ESFjs seem to be pretty folish in such matters.
    -Just a hunch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that INTj's definitely do know how to spot bullshit. I knew one that called it "malarky". If I tried to grasp a concept she would go "that's a malarky explanation, you think I can't notice it, but it's malarky"... damn bitch.

no, but seriously, they are really good at it. I'd say they are good if it deals with logic, but ethics, forget about it. You can bullshit an INTj into alot of things if you mess with their emotions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some INTJs are easily bullshitable. What about ISTjs, ISTps, INTps, ESTjs? It really depends on what kind of bullshit is done. Most people have a tendency to take pride in their underdeveloped suggestive function.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think that INFjs would be the best bullshit detectors. I dunno though. I am pretty good at it, but the problem comes when I want to believe or not believe something. I often also don't get a true "that statement is a lie" sense but more of a "that person is up to something" sense.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

I think that INTj's definitely do know how to spot bullshit. I knew one that called it "malarky". If I tried to grasp a concept she would go "that's a malarky explanation, you think I can't notice it, but it's malarky"... damn bitch.

no, but seriously, they are really good at it. I'd say they are good if it deals with logic, but ethics, forget about it. You can bullshit an INTj into alot of things if you mess with their emotions.
    Some INTJs are easily bullshitable. What about ISTjs, ISTps, INTps, ESTjs? It really depends on what kind of bullshit is done. Most people have a tendency to take pride in their underdeveloped suggestive function.
    It depends on what kind of BS it is... if it happens to be logic and the scientific then I can spot it, but for things that involve emotions I can be easily BSed. I often say "Was für Unsinn!" or "reiner Unsinn" when I see that someone is BSing me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've bullshitted right in front of INTjs and gotten away with it. Then again, maybe they were just saving me the embarassment... :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

I've bullshitted right in front of INTjs and gotten away with it. Then again, maybe they were just saving me the embarassment... Wink
    I do not want to make a big deal out of every time someone is BSing me, so I often do not point it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an INFp I can spot BS a mile away, but on this forum it's a different story. Leave me alone, Steve!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the topic definately. But I would say INTjs are generally on the worse side of bullshit detecting. I would say ENTjs are the best at bullshit detecting, in my experience. They'll usually let you know too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an INFp I can spot BS a mile away, but on this forum it's a different story. Leave me alone, Steve!
    It's a matter of experience. I can spot BS and shitty people in forums better than IRL. I can even tell if some person will be banned/liked/disliked in some community very soon after the person joins.

Big deal really.. what if I'm sure that someone will cause trouble? Noone really listens to my BS except ESTps
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaiwan
    Depends on the topic definately. But I would say INTjs are generally on the worse side of bullshit detecting. I would say ENTjs are the best at bullshit detecting, in my experience. They'll usually let you know too.
    I think INTjs are very good, or the best, at detecting bullshit in these areas:

- corporate propaganda/attempt at brainwashing ("our company has 4 core values and two missions etc")
    - ditto for government
    - publicity slogans

Not so good at detecting emotional manipulation directed at third parties, and very insecure at detecting emotional bullshit directed at themselves.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!