TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tyep tension strategies.

pardon me

how do you get over a dislike of certain characteristics of a particular type?

i am aware of some mid-knee-jerk reactions to really S statements, for example.

I've recently discussed this with an ISTj friend. She also expressed some qualms about depending on logic.. meaning NT types.

Cone said something about contrary types working for all you are against.

I happen to like contrary relations but I am speaking in general about

your coping mechanisms for things that bother you about other types.

How would you use what socionics tell you to relate to others you have tension with?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops...

i meant the topic to be my guest name!

urgh.. can one of the mods change it to "type tension strategies"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: vanessa kensington

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    pardon me

how do you get over a dislike of certain characteristics of a particular type?

i am aware of some mid-knee-jerk reactions to really S statements, for example.

I've recently discussed this with an ISTj friend. She also expressed some qualms about depending on logic.. meaning NT types.

Cone said something about contrary types working for all you are against.

I happen to like contrary relations but I am speaking in general about

your coping mechanisms for things that bother you about other types.

How would you use what socionics tell you to relate to others you have tension with?
    Rationalizing to the functions what irrationally bugs me thus feeling detached from the situation and treating it as data.

Creepy-ms k

yeah its really funny how everything has to make sense

btw, i was just curious about your type and thought it would lead to more insight about your post (when i asked about your type earlier)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ms k
    yeah its really funny how everything has to make sense

btw, i was just curious about your type and thought it would lead to more insight about your post (when i asked about your type earlier)
    I'm glad my interests became substance in a data pool to understand types better with broader patterns at hand.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tyep tension strategies.

Basically to try to understand what makes people of other types different, and avoid at least obvious mistakes when dealing with them.

I don't think it's possible to avoid the tension altogether, especially because it's a one-way street thing if you understand other types and they don't you.

So I can avoid trying to use logic to argue with an ISFp, but an ISTj will continue to try to persuade me that something must be done in a certain way because "that's what normal people do" or "it's always been done like that".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tyep tension strategies.

[quote="Expat"]

So I can avoid trying to use logic to argue with an ISFp, but an ISTj will continue to try to persuade me that something must be done in a certain way because "that's what normal people do" or "it's always been done like that".
    oh my

my istj friend always says stuff like that.. makes steam come out of my ears.. only for a little while

seems like i am the only one who tries hard to communicate with others over type barriers..

there must be some reason why, and i suppose its the same reason i am drawn to contrary relationships.