Thread: Implementing Ti and Ne in humor?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Implementing Ti and Ne in humor?

Examples.
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Request for Examples =

As dominants, we do not do that sort of stuff. Sorry.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj/p ? Those are two very different types. You should start a thread in What's My Type and get that sorted out.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will use Logos in this example.

Logos: What's up?
    Me: There's no such thing as up. Just there, like your face.

Or like, questioning organized things. Like, why must the alphabet be that way? Why do synonyms exist? Or, "Dude, don't touch that piece of shit." "Ah c'mon, we're all just particles anyway."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    INTj/p ? Those are two very different types. You should start a thread in What's My Type and get that sorted out.
    Needless to say, that would be an ironic twist of fate should intjguy find himself out to be intpguy.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some relevant snippets from past threads:
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    re: seinfeldian humor. agree with this. i think alpha (and beta a little bit) loves discussion about life's minutia. the positives and negatives of 4 track razors, make up that does wonders, annoying drivers, etc etc etc. how to get your partner to do what you want. all that stuff. humor and laughing is a major aspect, too. some intj style dead pan humor, some entp anti-Fi humor; esfj's have like a good natured, non-offensive sense of humor, isfp - they seem kinda like bionicgoat, sort of irreverent or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I probably have described my interaction with the types somewhat irreverently, but I did discuss how Alpha types do have serious concerns about the world, but are unable to come across as doomsayers as a INTp or ENFj type might. I personally joke about things I have very seriously considered over a long period of time as a sort of bridge between myself and people. I think INTjs have a huge massive idea or quest (their life's ambitions\hopes \work etc.) which is a vital part of their essence - it defines them. But many people don't understand this, which means INTjs can talk very personally about themselves, and people wouldn't know it - what kind of person would ridicule an important part of themselves? I think it's an important part of quadra values to make others laugh at their own expense - it helps them to assess what is valuable to them, and also who is valuable, judging from the received response from those people. (Maybe that's an exaggeration - I don't talk to people much, but that is how I tend to talk to people if I speak to them for more than a few sentences, which is admittedly quite rare Embarassed ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Alpha Field Guide: -Self-deprecating humor
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quadra members, and especially mirror partners, have very similar senses of humor. How they make humor is more distinct than what they appreciate in it.

One difference is that ENTps actively joke more easily; INTjs work off others' statements more, pointing out funny things. INTjs also aren't as quick on their feet as ENTps; it's easier for me to be funny online because I have time to prepare.

ENTp humor is generally more irreverent & anti-Fi. INTjs are more self-deprecating. I think this is a consequence of Negativism. IME there is a very good correlation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Instead of one-up-manship, INTjs seem to play one-down-manship IME. I think both tend to make fun out of other people's quirks + beliefs, but tend to poke fun at themselves too.
    Other than that, I would say that in general for Alpha, the humor falls into two main categories: absurdities found in real life or random off-the-wall humor.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One word: Seinfeld - ENTp-Ti

I would say Wanda Sykes too who also seems Ti-ILE

Also,
    Jon Stewart
    Michael McDonald from MadTV
    Mo Collins from MadTV

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's ISFp humor like?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kiddish, and little boy-ish affectionate like. It will have a kind of 'bisexual' tone for lack of a better word. Just read Bionicgoat's post if you ask me his posts always put me in a good mood. But there are other factors. I think more shy ISFps have a bit of the bionicgoatness within them; it's just much more subtle. I don't know how to explain it other than light and friendly.

Like a more subdued version of south park. My alpha friends love south park but they don't really like it when it gets too 'intense.' They also tend to make light-hearted jokes about everything, as long as things don't get too Beta. It's important to make sure you don't go into that Beta zone of responsibility with them or you will lose them. And do not get too serious about humor as some sort of 'message' with it, that will lose them too. And don't use humor to try and have a much more realistic goal. Family Guy is something an Alpha would like I would think because it has the anti-Fi humor and it is filled with random -ness. I like that too really, I like when somebody like all of a sudden gets hit with a truck for no reason or like when people all make fun of themselves to get along, ya know? Kinda like 'yeah we all suck but let's love each other anyway.' Make sure you do not have a sense of us vs. them with your humor either, especially when talking to a Mediator.

For example I've noticed ISFps cannot stand an ENFj's sense of 'dramaticness.' Remember now matter how brash I appear on these boards, ENTp can appear the shyest of all types and there are many factors involved.

I like when people give serious speeches about morality and then get hit with a big ol' anvil.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For example I don't know if this helps anybody else out but:

I think Expat is a great, and intelligent guy and I have no reason to hate him. But I just do. Every other thing he posts makes me just want to.... not listen, and make fun of him, and like do something like Yakko Warner would do an overly serious conservative republican. So after he posts I just picture that he got like got hit by a truck or something or like comic violence happened to him, and it makes me feel a lot better.

That's how I deal with everybody I don't like. For example I had a conflictor boss once at work (it was horrible) and I just like drew these cartoons of her getting beat up by me. I cannot attack them directly with heavy arguements because I know I won't win. They also feel very confident defending that view point and it's a lose/lose situation so kinda like honking their nose like a clown is the only response I can think of.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves

I think Expat is a great, and intelligent guy and I have no reason to hate him. But I just do. Every other thing he posts makes me just want to.... not listen, and make fun of him, and like do something like Yakko Warner would do an overly serious conservative republican. So after he posts I just picture that he got like got hit by a truck or something or like comic violence happened to him, and it makes me feel a lot better.

That's how I deal with everybody I don't like. For example I had a conflictor boss once at work (it was horrible) and I just like drew these cartoons of her getting beat up by me. I cannot attack them directly with heavy arguements because I know I won't win. They also feel very confident defending that view point and it's a lose/lose situation so kinda like honking their nose like a clown is the only response I can think of.
    haha, I'm interested in knowing what happens in your mind after reading one of my posts.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw i find that yours have a similar effect on me. <3 there is always some wrong-way-rubbing going on, i think.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once a former boss that i didnt like tripped over my purse, and i laughed. That wasn't good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka

haha, I'm interested in knowing what happens in your mind after reading one of my posts.
    yeah, me too! hahaha

j/k (old one) (been told here before) alpha humor:

why did the monkey fall out of the tree? (scroll down)

because he was dead.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    once a former boss that i didnt like tripped over my purse, and i laughed. That wasn't good.
    but it sure as hell was funny! hahaha

ILE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea about anything to do with the topic of this thread, but this was quite a humorous email I just recieved.

SIGN IN A STORE WINDOW

"WE WOULD RATHER DO BUSINESS WITH 1000 AL QAEDA TERRORISTS THAN WITH ONE SINGLE AMERICAN"

This sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in Philadelphia . You are probably outraged at the thought of such an inflammatory statement. One would think that anti-hate grou ps from all across the country would be marching on this business . . and that the National Guard might have to be called to keep the angry crowds back. But, perhaps in these stressful times one might be tempted to let the proprietors simply make their statement . . We are a society which holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps our greatest liberty. And after all, it is just a sign.

You may ask what kind of business would dare post such a sign?

Answer: A Funeral Home

(Who said morticians had no sense of humor?)

You gotta love it!!! God Bless America !

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An example of a lame ISFp joke:

A few days ago, an ISFp friend and I were shopping when something caught my eye. As I picked up the item, I remarked how inexpensive it was. Then she came up with this joke:

Her: Hey, do you know why our people are like chickens in the eyes of those from our neighbouring country?

Me: Why?

Her: Because whenever we go there to shop, we always go "cheap, cheap! Cheap, cheap!"
    ("cheap" supposedly rhymes with "cheep")

Me: =.="

Creepy-bg

only an INTj would make a thread about "implimenting" "humor"

shall we engage in intercourse now?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    An example of a lame ISFp joke:

A few days ago, an ISFp friend and I were shopping when something caught my eye. As I picked up the item, I remarked how inexpensive it was. Then she came up with this joke:

Her: Hey, do you know why our people are like chickens in the eyes of those from our neighbouring country?

Me: Why?

Her: Because whenever we go there to shop, we always go "cheap, cheap! Cheap, cheap!"
    ("cheap" supposedly rhymes with "cheep")

Me: =.="
    Haha... sad but true. My dad makes jokes like that all the time. Just be glad you don't have to hear stuff like that daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Haha... sad but true. My dad makes jokes like that all the time. Just be glad you don't have to hear stuff like that daily.
    My dad is constantly making up jokes like this. ISFps...... I laugh though. It's part of his charm.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    only an INTj would make a thread about "implimenting" "humor"

shall we engage in intercourse now?
    yeah, really, lol

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed ISFps cannot stand an ENFj's sense of 'dramaticness.
    true dat.
    ISFp; SEI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My buddy had gotten into a bad motorcycle accident, didn't receive much hospitality at all. When I arrived, scrapes on his knees and arms were abundant, surfaced/leaking with blood.

After 1hr of drinking beer and bullshitting...

Buddy: "I'm going to bed."
    Someone: "You're not ganna wear any bandages? You'll ruin the sheets."
    Me: "Haha, dude you'll be like a girl in her prime."

You know what, I'm not sure if that's ti/ne humor or pervertedness.

edit: Definitely both.