Hi I am new to this forum. I have only recently discovered this personality type information. Since discovering what type I am, I have begun to learn many things about myself. It is all starting make sence now.
Many people donít understand me, I think they think I am strange. I often feel as though people donít understand me, and I often donít understand myself. What is written is what I have learned about myself.
People lead me to believe I was passive aggressive, Iím not. I am very sensitive and only trying to protect my feelings, I can be hurt very easily.
If I am angry with you, you will not know about it, because I hate confrontations. People mistake this as passive aggressive behaviour, it is not. I am just trying to avoid a situation I donít handle well.
Iím not insecure; Iím very sensitive to the emotions and moods of others. I react to your moods and feelings. Sometimes my sensitivity leads me to become overwhelmed with emotions and I need to withdraw to process those feelings.
If you see me walking around looking vacant and not seeming to engage the world, I am processing information that I have gathered. This is normal for me, let me do my thing, and I will engage the world again in my own time (my mother would often become annoyed with my seemingly aimless pacing around the house and stop me).
If you put me in a large group and expect me to perform well in the spotlight, you will be very disappointed. You are putting me in an environment that makes me feel unsafe and I will do anything to remove myself from it (my teachers would stand me up in class and ask me questions, this terrified me into silence, I got poor grades in school).
Others always seemed to do better than me in school. I was put in the ďdumbĒ class at school. This made me feel stupid, I am of course not stupid. I was being taught in a way that was foreign to me. I needed to get up and move around and experience things for myself. Once you show me what to do I will experiment with it until works for me.
If you confront me and back me into a ďcornerĒ, I will feel threatened I will try and get away from you. Donít be surprised if I just turn my back on you and leave. In extreme situations I will find it acceptable to lash out verbally and physically. Iím not doing this because I am a violent person. I am doing this because I am scared and may be confused about what is happening. Donít confront me, talk to me and give me time to work it through, I'm just trying to protect myself.
Keep a look out for the little things I do for you, they are very important to me. This is how I show my love for you. Donít think I do things for you because I want something from you. And donít think I donít love you if I do not say, ďI love youĒ.
If you put me somewhere I feel safe and give me time to do my thing, watch me shine! I am very capable if you give me a chance, more so than you may imagine.
I am a very private person. Unless I know you extremely well and I trust you, I will not show you the wonderful world that I am capable of creating for you.
I love children and animals. It brings out the big child in me. If you want to see me open up, watch me play with a child. Donít think I am not acting my age. Interacting with children and animals is one of the very few natural outlets I have.
99% of the time I have an idea, it may seem strange or odd (thatís not to say they wonít work). The other 1% of the time my ideas will be pure genius. Fortunately I am very creative and I have lots of ideas.
I am not lazy, I just tire very quickly in fast paced environments. I become overwhelmed with everything I am taking in. I need frequent stops to recharge myself in these environments. I really prefer a slower pace though and will perform much better in this environment.
All you have to do to make me happy is make me feel valued. Acknowledge me often, a smile and a kind word will do.
If you marry me, you need to understand I feel emotions very intensely. I may not always let you know how intense it can be. During lovemaking I am very vulnerable, it is a bonding time and I will actually allow my emotions and feelings to overcome me. This will be one of only times you will truly be able to experience how deeply I feel for you. This is very intense time and one of great intimacy for me and can often be more satisfying that the sexual act itself.
If I am stressed I will often lose perspective on reality. I may feel lost and lonely and although I may not ask you, or realise it myself, I need those I love to help me in times like this. Be kind and patient. Guide me and help me to work through my problems.
I have read that out of all the personality types, the ISFP is the least understood because we are so private and rearly talk about our true selves. Welcome to my world, it is one I have never let anyone see before.