Thread: Socionics types and Infatuation

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types and Infatuation

Which types are more prone to infatuation and which types are less prone? For example, I could see an INTj or INTp being much less prone to infatuation, while an ESFp might be more prone? Are the Thinkers less likely to end up with crushes as often as the Feelers would be? Or perhaps are Perceivers more likely than Judgers?

Before I was with Josh I had all kinds of infatuations at all the time. I'm occasionally reminded of my first crush, which was when I was too young to remember. (I guess I went around making sure that everyone knew that I was going to marry this guy from my church... I was like, 3 and he would have been a teenager )
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that xxTjs or even just xxTxs would be less likely to always have someone as an object of infatuation than other types?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the types are prone more towards infactuation... while the types are more prone to obsessions.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think women also have more infatuations than men do.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the types that are prone to infatuations are ENFj, ESFj, INFp, and ISFp?

and the types prone to obsessions are INFj, ISFj, ENFp, and ESFp?

And about women and men... is that true? I mean, obviously no one could know for sure because none of us have been both male and female... but I would tend to disagree... But does anyone else have an opinion on the matter? And do you think that men are more prone to obsessions than women?
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about ENFjs and ESFjs is that they have a tendency to be tenacious givers and to be really empathetic for people, especially female ESFjs and ENFjs ... So, I am not sure if they are a type for infatuation or just really giving and empathetic. In my experience, giving and empathetic over infatuation.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know much about ENFjs or ESFjs. Certainly not enough to think of people I've known and say, "That person is a..."
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Do you think that xxTjs or even just xxTxs would be less likely to always have someone as an object of infatuation than other types?
    Yes I think so, it happens less often.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was a teenager I always had crushes. But that was before my dopamine and norepinephrine issues were partially resolved. That was one of the more fun ways to self-medicate.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still get crushes, even though I'm married. I though everyone did . . .
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-

sfs

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never get crushes anymore herzblut? I mean, I understand what you're saying, but.... never?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes sense
    SEE

Creepy-

dsfsdf

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked my husband if he gets crushes and he doesn't even seem to understand what a crush is.

Then I told him and he said that sounded more like an obsession to him. Now he'll start worrying that I'm having crushes on guys all the time.

I think he can usually tell. I had a thing for this waiter at a restaurant we go to sometimes and I told him once and he said, "Well obviously. You practically faint when he walks in the room."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I asked my husband if he gets crushes and he doesn't even seem to understand what a crush is.

Then I told him and he said that sounded more like an obsession to him. Now he'll start worrying that I'm having crushes on guys all the time.

I think he can usually tell. I had a thing for this waiter at a restaurant we go to sometimes and I told him once and he said, "Well obviously. You practically faint when he walks in the room."
    haha, that's funny

obsessed, huh? which type are you? One with or ?

Obsessive people scare me.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obsessed, huh? which type are you? One with or ?

Obsessive people scare me.
    I have the I suppose. But I don't think of myself as obsessive at all. I don't really understand this definition of obsession. It isn't like I turn into a stalker or anything. I just have a little extra attention for someone for a while.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, that's not stalking that's infatuation
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be embarrassed, Nicky, I am married and have crushes all the time. Have to stay away from a few as I don't trust myself.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Don't be embarrassed, Nicky, I am married and have crushes all the time. Have to stay away from a few as I don't trust myself.
    we noticed... :wink:
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a thing for this waiter at a restaurant we go to sometimes and I told him once and he said, "Well obviously. You practically faint when he walks in the room."
    I know the feeling. I think it's neat in a way though. A feast for the eyes . . . so satisfying . . . can leave you high for days.

*smiles dreamily and sighs*
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so the word infatuation has been used so many times so far, that it's started not to sound like a word anymore. So, to make sure it is indeed a word:

Main Entry: in·fat·u·ate
    Pronunciation: -"wAt
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -at·ed; -at·ing
    Etymology: Latin infatuatus, past participle of infatuare, from in- + fatuus fatuous

1 : to cause to be foolish : deprive of sound judgment
    2 : to inspire with a foolish or extravagant love or admiration

- in·fat·u·a·tion /-"fa-ch&-'wA-sh&n/ noun
    Source: http://m-w.com/

When I fall for someone, I tend to do so completely, thus leading to the aforementioned loss of sound judgement, acting foolish, etc. Of course, I can acknowledge hotness and not become enamored. In fact, I think I've got an eye for sexy. But, when I do become infatuated, it's on a level that would shake the very recesses of most people's inner beings...

Now for a brief pause.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

So, yeah, INFp=infatuation.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmm perhaps infatuation isn't the right word...

crush?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about other INTjs, but I have always had a constant succession of infatuations/crushes. I'm better now than I used to be.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Creepy-

I don't know about other INTjs, but I have always had a constant succession of infatuations/crushes. I'm better now than I used to be.
    The same fore me, basically... not so much anymore, more so when I was younger.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think feelers are more prone to infatuation and logical types especially of the introverted kind more prone to obsessions.

Jung indentify introverted thinking types as having feelings that are primitive , largely unconscious and that can express themselves in quixotic and primitive ways leading them to passionate attachments to unsuitable partners. I think Jung might be right about this.

I have had one ISTp that seem really cold at first actively stalk me (I had to get the law involved)and another of this same type who calls me every week trying to be with me for more than two years now. I think he might be obsessed. I don't have much personal experience with the other introverted logical types, despite the bad experiences I would probably only date ISTps from this category.

The INTp I live with who is gay developed a serious infatuation with this guy he was dating who was very indifferent to him. The INTp was able to drag himself away with some difficulty after convincing himself that he was being stupid however.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once had an ESFx who was a convicted sexual offender tell me that he was obsessed with me. Now, I know that I have a tendency to get creeped out too easily, but I think that time it was totally 110% justified.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways... do NTs tend to have more short lived infatuations? From what I've experienced and read, this may be true...
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, sex is sex is sex, basically.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sooooo.... it's just for procreation?
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone's statements above do not necessarily represent the opinions of other NT's!
    Sex is the best hobby ever. I tend to get infatuated easily.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sooooo.... it's just for procreation?
    Er, I meant most people get infatuated like that. It's not really F related or anything.

I'd rather not get into the implications of love...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, NT types except INTps? What about ENTjs?
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*whap* No! I never said I didn't get infatuated! I've been infatuated for entire school years! How's that for infatuation?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, me too... usually with 3 people. I often worked 3 jobs in school as well. Why three? Why not 2, or 4? I'm beginning to think that the answer to my relationship issue is polygomy. Hmmmmmmm I can pick out which types I want and then fill those positions... I already know who my ENFp and ENTp will be.... and I can keep my INTp...
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I'm beginning to think that the answer to my relationship issue is polygomy. ...
    I think that might be the answer to my issues too .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan.
    ...I'm beginning to think that the answer to my relationship issue is polygomy. ...
    I think that might be the answer to my issues too .
    ahahahahhahahahahhahahaha this coming from my supervisor?!

Too bad men are so damned possessive.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    When I was a teenager I always had crushes. But that was before my dopamine and norepinephrine issues were partially resolved. That was one of the more fun ways to self-medicate.
    asd;l hahaha.

yes i can relate with this very much.

first crush story actually i think all my crushes have been pretty much awesome.
    hmmmmm but that's more of a mutual thing though... having a crush certainly does not imply that the other feels the same way
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kjhlkkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast