Thread: Robert McNamara

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    but rather in a very slow and gradual way. So your weak functions are less weak but still, relatively, your weak functions. In other words Model A remains intact and well.
    This is more or less how I see it. I think my is more "developed" than, say, 20 years ago but it's still the function that makes me seek help from others most often.

Which is the problem I have with the version of socionics that at least some people in socioniX seem to propose, that is, that you could still be an ESTj even if having stronger than . Well, in that case you'd be more likely to offer help in than in , and more likely to seek help in than in . No matter how good you are in both, that would already prevent you from being an ESTj in Augustan socionics.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    This is more or less how I see it. I think my is more "developed" than, say, 20 years ago but it's still the function that makes me seek help from others most often.

Which is the problem I have with the version of socionics that at least some people in socioniX seem to propose, that is, that you could still be an ESTj even if having stronger than . Well, in that case you'd be more likely to offer help in than in , and more likely to seek help in than in . No matter how good you are in both, that would already prevent you from being an ESTj in Augustan socionics.
    I agree, I think that it's newcomers to socionics that are most likely to fall victim to the socioniX approach... people over there seem to take the role of 'visionary' upon themselves and change around the rules of socionics before they themselves have been able to comprehend what the actual rules are and what they allow.

Btw, would you agree that McNamara seems LIE-Ni subtype vs. Te-subtype? I find that the Ni-subtype is more nostalgic, in that when they explain things to others they're more willing/comfortable? to go back in time and explain what they were thinking at that moment, and then when they're done they come back to the present and give their present opinion on their past actions. When they do this they clearly identify which decisions were made correctly according to the information available at the time, and sometimes what they would have done differently if they knew what they know now (I know this paragraph stinks with haha). I noticed McNamara does this in that movie and my uncle, who I've typed the same, also does this when explaining things that are important to him, which he would like me to understand.

I recently watched a very interesting mini-series, called "Race to Mars", which originally aired on the Discovery Channel a few months ago. I don't know if you got it in Europe, but if you get a chance to see it I think the leader of the mission was a good example of a healthy LIE-Te. He reminded me of my LIE friend and after I watched it I couldn't help but tell my friend that he should sign up to become an astronaut haha. It was an educational, but fictional, series about how the first human venture to Mars (in 20 years) might present itself and the problems it would most likely face (after liftoff) and have to overcome.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I think that it's newcomers to socionics that are most likely to fall victim to the socioniX approach... people over there seem to take the role of 'visionary' upon themselves and change around the rules of socionics before they themselves have been able to comprehend what the actual rules are and what they allow.
    Bingo. Which would be fine if they didn't claim to be using socionics rather than -- something else.

Btw, would you agree that McNamara seems LIE-Ni subtype vs. Te-subtype? I find that the Ni-subtype is more nostalgic, in that when they explain things to others they're more willing/comfortable? to go back in time and explain what they were thinking at that moment, and then when they're done they come back to the present and give their present opinion on their past actions. When they do this they clearly identify which decisions were made correctly according to the information available at the time, and sometimes what they would have done differently if they knew what they know now (I know this paragraph stinks with haha). I noticed McNamara does this in that movie and my uncle, who I've typed the same, also does this when explaining things that are important to him, which he would like me to understand.
    I'm not thinking much about subtypes these days, but to the extent that I do, I think he'd be more like Ni subtype, I agree.

I agree with your analysis of one of the ways Ni is used by LIEs.

I recently watched a very interesting mini-series, called "Race to Mars", which originally aired on the Discovery Channel a few months ago. I don't know if you got it in Europe, but if you get a chance to see it I think the leader of the mission was a good example of a healthy LIE-Te. He reminded me of my LIE friend and after I watched it I couldn't help but tell my friend that he should sign up to become an astronaut haha. It was an educational, but fictional, series about how the first human venture to Mars (in 20 years) might present itself and the problems it would most likely face (after liftoff) and have to overcome.
    I haven't watched it, sorry.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!