Thread: ENFps do you identify with the "typical beliefs" and paranoid tendencies in your profile?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps do you identify with the "typical beliefs" and paranoid tendencies in your profile?

How well do you identify with the "typical beliefs" and the paranoid tendencies in the site's profile?

I thought I had typed my best friend as ENFp and he could identify with it. But he said that he could never identify with those "typical beliefs". Also, he can't see himself becoming paranoid.

He identified much more with the typical beliefs of ENFjs, and he thinks that he could more easily become obsessive-compulsive rather than paranoid.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he believes he could become obsessive compulsive, he is NOT ENFp.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose you mean this, right?

ENFP
    Paranoid Personality Disorder as a pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
    • suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her;
    • is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates;
    • is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her;
    • reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events;
    • persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults , injuries, or slights perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack;
    • has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.
    The disorder does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, or another Psychotic Disorder and is not due to the direct physiological effects or a general medical condition.
    Typical Beliefs
    • I cannot trust other people.
    • Other people have hidden motives.
    • Others will try to use me or manipulate me if I don't watch out.
    • I have to be on guard at all times.
    • It isn't safe to confide in other people.
    • If people act friendly, they may be trying to use or exploit me.
    • People will take advantage of me if I give them the chance.
    • For the most part, other people are unfriendly.
    • Other people will deliberately try to demean me.
    • Often people deliberately want to annoy me.
    • I will be in serious trouble if I let other people think they can get away with mistreating me.
    • If other people find out things about me, they will use them against me.
    • People often say one thing and mean something else.
    • A person whom I am close to could be disloyal or unfaithful.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get paranoid. I know my husband wouldn't cheat on me but I can't help calling him if he's late at work anyway just to check. Luckily, my paranoia and jealousy don't bother him.

I think the only paranoid things I can see in myself are these three:

# If other people find out things about me, they will use them against me.
    # People often say one thing and mean something else.
    # A person whom I am close to could be disloyal or unfaithful.

Otherwise, I'm generally trusting of people.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    I suppose you mean this, right?
    Yes that is what I mean.

Ok, if you ENFps can relate to that, even partly, and my friend says he can't relate to that at all, then I have to conclude that it's unlikely that he is an ENFp, he seems rather ENFj. But that doesn't fit him well either.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If he believes he could become obsessive compulsive, he is NOT ENFp. Smile"

What about being compulsively non-compulsive?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, i can identify w/ that stuff, u were prolly wrong about ur friend
    ________
    Honda CR125M specifications
    Last edited by ENFPaaron; 01-28-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I get paranoid. I know my husband wouldn't cheat on me but I can't help calling him if he's late at work anyway just to check. Luckily, my paranoia and jealousy don't bother him.

I think the only paranoid things I can see in myself are these three:

# If other people find out things about me, they will use them against me.
    # People often say one thing and mean something else.
    # A person whom I am close to could be disloyal or unfaithful.

Otherwise, I'm generally trusting of people.
    Man.. those are the primary INTP fears!!! Well, actually, I don't know about the general INTP, but those sure are mine!
    thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I can agree with the whole concept of associating a disorder with every type. Does anyone know who linked those disorders to the 16 socionic types and how s/he did it?

Are those disorders meant to represent our "shadow side"? Like, a part of us we usually deny, but if we deny and neglect it for too long then it suddenly breaks out and manifests itself until we push it back into its closet. That would make some sense, because ENFPs are usually supposed to be trusting and optimistic to a fault. But the opposite of trust and optimism isn't necessarily paranoia. It's disillusionment, fear of being rejected, fearing the worst-case scenario is going to happen. Real paranoia implies that you constantly read negative meanings into innocuous or well-meant words and actions, and that you think you're being purposely mobbed/pursued/destroyed. And that doesn't really sound ENFPish to me.

Creepy-ENFPerator

Are there any facts, evidence that each personality type has it's own typical personality disorder(s), or is it only a theory?

Real paranoid personality disorders are rare and are, I think, the worst case scenario. Each psychological problem is connected with some degree of mistrust and fear of rejection, the paranoid personality may have one of the highest one. Is it ENFpish? Usually, it isn't, but I have the feeling there's something in it. Psychiatrists say that these people are masters of projection who can notice all flaws easily. Their basic fear is fear of rejection and they have fear from the fear itself. A paranoic personality can only see the nagative side (isn't it the "shadow side" of a program ?) and is completely ignoring the strenghts and this thinking has became his/her lifestile.

That's how it may work:
    says to "They rejected me and they will do it again!" The thinks "They want to reject me, I have to be careful!" and projects the negative experiences of the past on the present to repeat and relive the situation again.

PS. Wow, there are many smart people here! I'm surprised!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't know if it makes sense; I was trying another way of typing a friend.

My initial guess was ENFp. But he's much more of an than an , no question about it -- and his POLR would seem to me to be more likely S than T. What made me type him as ENFp was his p-ness, but I think that's not the best criterion.

Since he's clearly intuitive, he could also be INFp. But that sounds less likely than ENFj altogether.

What you're all saying seems to confirm that he's probably not ENFp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the personality disorders listed...

Initially I found this geocities type where someone had listed MBTI types and tried to correlate Oldham personality types(wasn't called types tho, attitudes). I found alot of simularities, although I arbitrarily found them reversed(as if he was using socionics acronyms instead of MBTI), so I reversed the j/p on my site for introverts.

Basically this Oldham psychiatrist(who worked on the book of definitions of personality disorders, DSM-IV) found in his practice that perfectly normal people exibited signs of slight but healthy leanings towards the qualities of the personality disorders. I found this interesting, since most psychologists these days believe normal people are normal people and do not differ, and this seemed to validate the idea that normal people infact do have differences, so I figured there was probablly at least some correlation to the socionics types.

Certainly it does not mean if you are XXXX type it means you have XXXXXX personality disorder, but I've found some of the likes/dislikes and descriptions of the disorders tended to be right in alot of cases.

However I wasn't always sure my mappings were right..like I don't know a whole like of ENFxs so I'm not sure if they are reversed or not. I know INFjs and INFps, so I feel confident in those. I knew a girl who was INFj who DEFINATELY showed tendencies of social anxiety and was always worried about acceptance in social situations. Etc.

But this post has made me rethink the ENFx descriptions...even though I didn't think the Extrovert descriptions were off(unless the geocities ptypes author made a mistake), I've just thought of the ENFxs I know.

The ENFjs(or at least the ENFjs I though were ENFjs) I noticed always had tendencies of obsessive compulsiveness. I barely know any ENFps, but I had not really noticed what I figured I should be feeling in a supervisor relation...I figured the supervisor doesn't feel this.
    But I think I may have the ENFjs and ENFps I know switched in my head...I may have confused Supervisor and Semi-Duality in my head, and typing all of my ENFx friends wrong. This is making me reconsider my typing of some people which I haven't done in a LONG time.

Please help me understand this...I've noticed these people who I've classified as ENFj DEFINATELY have obsessive compulsive tendencies...I have hours of work at their places of work where most business owners don't pay me to make everything 'perfect' and look nice. But; is this a tendency of ENFps instead? If you are answering, are you sure of your type?

Also, how do a supervisor and semi-dual differ in how you 'feel' during them(this is how I typically type) in your experience?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

BTW, in my country there's an entire typology based on this theory. A psychologist developed it because he observed the same thing - that "normal" people have some tendencies to particular disorders: Schizoid, Depressive, Obsessive-Compulsive and Hysterical. Those are his four types. I found a site that seems to sum up his views pretty concisely, in case you want to know more. Unfortunately, it's not in English. http://www.stangl-taller.at/ARBEITSB.../Riemann.shtml (I haven't read it through, but it seems to be OK).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmnnnno... I don't think ENFPs have obsessive-compulsive tendencies. Paranoia fits us better (can't believe I'm saying this! ) - well, I mean in the sense of "fear of rejection, fear of worst-case-scenarios" etc.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Ah, OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

BTW, in my country there's an entire typology based on this theory. A psychologist developed it because he observed the same thing - that "normal" people have some tendencies to particular disorders: Schizoid, Depressive, Obsessive-Compulsive and Hysterical. Those are his four types. I found a site that seems to sum up his views pretty concisely, in case you want to know more. Unfortunately, it's not in English. http://www.stangl-taller.at/ARBEITSB.../Riemann.shtml (I haven't read it through, but it seems to be OK).
    I read it superficially. Yes, it's actually typing without calling it precisely that - - the types he describes at the end are:

Der depressive Mensch: roughly equivalent to xxFp types

Der schizoide Mensch: roughly the same as xxTp

Der zwanghafte Mensch: roughly the same as xSxj

Der hysterische Mensch: about the same as xSxp

Which is odd since this forum's main site regards ISTjs as most susceptible to depression, which makes sense and I have seen it myself.

But I don't think that his description of "der depressive Mensch" really describes a person with depression - -

Just some thoughts - -

Creepy-ENFPerator

Obsessive-compulsive tendencies are the most characteristic for xxxj types.

Is your friend interested in different theories, economics, business (He might be an ENTJ)?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENFPerator

Is your friend interested in different theories, economics, business (He might be an ENTJ)?
    No way, he's definitely a feeler - - I have no doubt about that, neither does he.

Creepy-ENFPerator

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by ENFPerator

No way, he's definitely a feeler - - I have no doubt about that, neither does he.
    We are talking about feeler, right?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, rather than .

Which of course would suggest ENFj or INFp rather than ENFp (since he's clearly intuitive). But at first he thought ENFp profiles fit him well, except for the "typical beliefs" listed above in this thread. That's what got me started.

Anyway both he and I are sure of the xNFx, and I if he were then he could be ENFp or INFj, but I can't see him as an INFj at all.

So on the whole the likeliest - though not obvious - type is ENFj.

Creepy-ENFPerator

Have you tried to determine his type by the type of relations?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still working on it. It's difficult because we both met as expatriates, and now we live in different cities, so I know his other relationships only slightly. I have some ideas about their types but I'm not sure yet.

He and I do have what looks like a look-a-like relationship rather than benefit or supervision.

I'll go for ENFj for the time being.

Creepy-ENFPerator

Quote Originally Posted by metaiwan
    Also, how do a supervisor and semi-dual differ in how you 'feel' during them(this is how I typically type) in your experience?
    I'll try to describe that. From my experience I can say, that in semi dual relations I feel a lack of balance and apparent mutual understanding, There's always something is going on, even if it's in a unconscious level and right at the moment the partners think they have finally understood each other (how they think and feel), one of them does or says something that is embarrassing for the other one. It's hard for me to relax in these relations. In the relations of supervision I don't feel this lack of stability, it's more stable. As a supervisor I'm usually interested in their point of view and opinions and feel the need to give some advices to my supervisee. I don't know well any INTjs, so I can't tell much about how the supervisor role feels.