Thread: I'm finding it very difficult to find out my type

Creepy-WooBarb

Default I'm finding it very difficult to find out my type.

Am I a P or a J?

My general reaction, after doing tests and reading up about the types, is that I am an ISFP.

However, some things don't fit.

So I read ISFJ, and some things were accurate, but others were not. I appear to be a combination

of the two.

I am introverted, I think. Whereas I can sometimes be confident, most of the times, I'm more

comfortable in small groups than large. However, I'm not afraid of letting my voice be heard.

Although I am not confident in large groups of people, smaller groups - especially those I already

know, are fine.

However, I can be needy. Although I don't like a lot of attention, I love people being interested in

me. I love being able to talk to someone who is captivated in what I have to say.

I also love, LOVE confrontation. I believe that I am good at arguing, and will willingly argue my case

against anything. I'd willingly physically fight and hurt someone if the need arose - I wouldn't back

out of a punchup.

I can be a complete bastard at times also. I'm ambitious, and would lie, fight, cheat, anything to

get what I want. This isn't totally true in the workplace - I don't have huge career ambitions -

but with friends and in relationships, I find that I can be very manipulative. And sometimes I enjoy

it. I've stolen from friends, lied openly to people I respected, and I often do it without a care for

their feelings. In my current relationship, things are a little different - I feel much love towards

her - but I've manipulated even her slightly, so I'm not sure if it is entirely different at all.

I express myself in both words and writing. I've written many poems and songs before - many of

which i am very impressed with - and a habit of mine used to be to write a poem, or bit of

prose about how I felt, and then throw it away. It was very theraputic.

It says that ISFP are doormats, but this is not me at all. Nobody stands on me, and nobody will. And if they did, I'd let them know about it.

And through all of this, I'm a little shy, I get nervous and I am very open with my feelings. It's a horrible mix, and I can't find a type that suits me.

I appear to have confidence, but in larger groups, I'm shy and untalkative. I'm ambitious, but not career-minded. I'm manipulative and a good liar, but I find it very difficult to do these things to one I love. And where I may be a little quiet sometimes, and prefer to spend much of my time alone, I flare up, fight and argue whenever possible. I'm also expressive, although solitary.

So, what am I?

Creepy-WooBarb

Default Hm, it appears to have been posted weirdly.

Hm, it appears to have been posted weirdly. Lots of gaps, etc. I can't edit, so...best ignore the top post.

Am I a P or a J?

My general reaction, after doing tests and reading up about the types, is that I am an ISFP.

However, some things don't fit.

So I read ISFJ, and some things were accurate, but others were not. I appear to be a combination of the two.

I am introverted, I think. Whereas I can sometimes be confident, most of the times, I'm more comfortable in small groups than large. However, I'm not afraid of letting my voice be heard.

Although I am not confident in large groups of people, smaller groups - especially those I already know, are fine.

However, I can be needy. Although I don't like a lot of attention, I love people being interested in me. I love being able to talk to someone who is captivated in what I have to say.

I also love, LOVE confrontation. I believe that I am good at arguing, and will willingly argue my case against anything. I'd willingly physically fight and hurt someone if the need arose - I wouldn't back out of a punchup.

I can be a complete bastard at times also. I'm ambitious, and would lie, fight, cheat, anything to get what I want. This isn't totally true in the workplace - I don't have huge career ambitions - but with friends and in relationships, I find that I can be very manipulative. And sometimes I enjoy it. I've stolen from friends, lied openly to people I respected, and I often do it without a care for their feelings. In my current relationship, things are a little different - I feel much love towards her - but I've manipulated even her slightly, so I'm not sure if it is entirely different at all.

I express myself in both words and writing. I've written many poems and songs before - many of which I am very impressed with - and a habit of mine used to be to write a poem, or bit of prose about how I felt, and then throw it away. It was very theraputic.

It says that ISFP are doormats, but this is not me at all. Nobody stands on me, and nobody will. And if they did, I'd let them know about it.

And through all of this, I'm a little shy, I get nervous and I am very open with my feelings. It's a horrible mix, and I can't find a type that suits me.

I appear to have confidence, but in larger groups, I'm shy and untalkative. I'm ambitious, but not career-minded. I'm manipulative and a good liar, but I find it very difficult to do these things to one I love. And where I may be a little quiet sometimes, and prefer to spend much of my time alone, I flare up, fight and argue whenever possible. I'm also expressive, although solitary.

So, what am I?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, if the ISFj description fits you, it's probable that you are that type. For myself, I was convinced I was INFp... untill I bothered to read the INFj description and check up my order of functions, that is.

If you have the patience, you could take RMcNew's 300+ question test on socion.info and post in the local forum. That should help clear things up.

Btw., the order of functions for the ISFp is , Si Fe, while it is , Fi Se, for the ISFj.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Creepy-WooBarb

But ISFJ isn't accurate! Neither is ISFP. I'm a mix of the two. I'm not on-the-ball like ISFPs are supposed to be, and I'm not a career-minded doormat like ISFJs are supposed to be.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFps are not "on-the-ball."
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Expat not logged on

Some of what you wrote suggests a sociopath.

Apart from that, ISTp.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was me.

Creepy-WooBarb

Hm. I guess I AM an ISFP, although they seem to be a very nice, loveable person. I'm not like that, and although I am flourished, and can impress, I am not like this:

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First keep in mind that this is a socionics board, not MBTI.

Also, you really don't sound like a J type at all.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-CalmG

Just wondering, what is the difference between socionics and MBTI? I'm an ESTP, an since reading I'm the same for both types I haven't bothered with worrying!

Creepy-CalmG

Hey, at least the guy's being honest and not sugar coating his bad points!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CalmG
    Just wondering, what is the difference between socionics and MBTI? I'm an ESTP, an since reading I'm the same for both types I haven't bothered with worrying!
    The models of the functions is one thing. Also, sometimes the definition of what a type really is. Some people in MBTI think that your type is just an ever-changing personality; what's on the outside. Socionics says that your type has to do more with your inborn characteristics and tendencies, things like that. There are more diffrences, but that's a start.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

fdfd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ISFp and you sound quite a bit more aggressive than me.

I avoid arguments and do what I can to keep from hurting or offending people. Of course it still happens, but I hate when it happens and feel absolutely terrible afterward.

The shyness in large groups I can relate to as well as being more talkative smaller groups of people I'm comfortable with.

I wouldn't call myself needy, or someone who likes a lot of attention, but I do like it when people take an interest in me/appreciate me, though not to the point of being clingy.

I can't stand confrontation and do all I can to avoid it.

I'm not at all a malicious person. Though the ability to be manipulative is there, I would never use manipulation to severly hurt someone. I find that usually when I actually am manipulative it's to get around someone because I don't want a confrontation. But it's never something that would destroy a person.

I've never stolen from a friend. I've lied, and lied to hurt people, but it's not something I go around and do all the time. The worst instance I can think of was back in middle school and what I did then I would never do now.

I let people treat me like a doormat to an extent. I have a hard time letting people down. But after they've gotten to a point where I feel especially taken advantage of, I'll begin to avoid them.

I can definitely be shy and get nervous when I'm put on the spot or have to do something I don't want to do, that kind of thing. I'm open with my feelings with close friends I trust. Other people will just get surface...or just half of the story.

And where I may be a little quiet sometimes, and prefer to spend much of my time alone,
    I used to be more like this but I got involved in a social group I like a lot and have gotten used to being more social, though I still value alone time when I can get it.

I flare up, fight and argue whenever possible.
    I don't do this at all.
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The author of this thread, sadly, sounds like an entp to me.
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-WooBarb

Woah, ENTP...I read it, and it's incredibly accurate. Almost perfectly so. Thank you all for helping me.

And for those of you who don't like me, fair enough. I was brutally honest in my evaluation of myself, and it's only fair that you are too. Thank you for letting me know what you think of me, and although I don't actually CARE, it's always nice to have opinions, no matter how much I don't like them. Anyway, I agree with you.

I am a bastard. Admittedly, I can be cunning and witty, but deep down, I'm just a bit too power hungry. Fortunately, when it comes to love, I'm as human as everyone else, but in most other aspects of my life, I'm a manipulative git. It's the way I've been since before I can remember, and it's likely going to be me for life.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps are manipulative because we're afraid of being rejected if we were to try and accomplish things the legitimate way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...which is a shame because people would probably like you better if you weren't manipulative.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ellipses in at the beginning of your post suggests smugness.

Creepy-WooBarb

Few people can see me manipulating them. I believe that I'm very good at it. And if they see it, I merely manipulate them into seeing that I never did it in the first place. I've gotten many things in life this way.

As for being manipulative because I'm afraid of being rejected? That might be true, but I think it's partly because I enjoy it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. Why do people keep thinking I'm being smug or sarcastic when I'm not?

Well... maybe a little. But the ellipses was because I was sort of continuing your sentence.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WooBarb
    Few people can see me manipulating them. I believe that I'm very good at it. And if they see it, I merely manipulate them into seeing that I never did it in the first place. I've gotten many things in life this way.

As for being manipulative because I'm afraid of being rejected? That might be true, but I think it's partly because I enjoy it.
    You may enjoy it. It can be quite fun. But let's be honest, we know we shouldn't be doing it, and the reason we enjoy is out of a sense of self-victimization. We feel as though the other person deserves it.

I, for one, always feel bad after I act this way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    ENTps are manipulative because we're afraid of being rejected if we were to try and accomplish things the legitimate way.
    Rejection? Or failure?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Damn. Why do people keep thinking I'm being smug or sarcastic when I'm not?

Well... maybe a little. But the ellipses was because I was sort of continuing your sentence.
    Lol. Because you have that intj way. Ay. Mystic Sonic does it too.

People don't like us entp's no matter how we are. Except when we are funny. So we might as well try to achieve our goals.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Rejection? Or failure?
    Rejection. If we fail it is only painful because we feel it makes us worthy of rejection.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note that it is mostly emotional manipulation from the 6th function [what I do], but some may just go nuts with their 3rd function [waddlesworth].

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. I'm not sure what I do. Logical persuasion maybe?

So entp failure makes the rejector correct. I don't know if I care about the rejection piece as much as I care about failure - not getting what I want.
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-WooBarb

We feel as though the other person deserves it.
    Hell yeah, but not because of self-victimisation, but because they actually DO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one describes you better:

I am emotionally active and try to awake emotions in other people. (ISFp)

I am internally mobilised (as if waiting for a war or an emergency situation). I am conservative in my views. I do not tolerate objections from people. I tend to split people into “us” and “them”. (ISFj)

If you are ISFx, then I think you are ISFj.