Thread: Buddha

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buddha

Once and for all lets' try to type this very significant religious figure. I thought that he was INFP or INTJ, but Mystic said INTP.

What do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha
    http://thinkexist.com/quotes/buddha/

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.
    Buddha

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
    Buddha

All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
    Buddha

All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
    Buddha

Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.
    Buddha

An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
    Buddha

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
    Buddha

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
    Buddha

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.
    Buddha

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    Buddha

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
    Buddha

Ennui has made more gamblers than avarice, more drunkards than thirst, and perhaps as many suicides as despair.
    Buddha

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
    Buddha

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
    Buddha

He is able who thinks he is able.
    Buddha

He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
    Buddha

He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
    Buddha

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
    Buddha

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    Buddha

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
    Buddha

I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
    Buddha

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
    Buddha

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.
    Buddha

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
    Buddha

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
    Buddha

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
    Buddha

Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
    Buddha

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
    Buddha

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
    Buddha

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.
    Buddha

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    Buddha

Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
    Buddha

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
    Buddha

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
    Buddha

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
    Buddha

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.
    Buddha

The virtues, like the Muses, are always seen in groups. A good principle was never found solitary in any breast.
    Buddha

The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.
    Buddha

The world, indeed, is like a dream and the treasures of the world are an alluring mirage! Like the apparent distances in a picture, things have no reality in themselves, but they are like heat haze.
    Buddha

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    Buddha

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
    Buddha

Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
    Buddha

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
    Buddha

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
    Buddha

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
    Buddha

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
    Buddha

To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance.
    Buddha

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.
    Buddha

Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.
    Buddha

We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.
    Buddha

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Buddha

What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

What we think, we become.
    Buddha

Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
    Buddha

When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear.
    Buddha

Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering - an image of death.
    Buddha

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
    Buddha

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
    Buddha

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
    Buddha

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
    Buddha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philoso..._of_Philosophy
    Last edited by silke; 12-18-2013 at 05:12 AM. Reason: fixed links
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to say MBTI INTJ, based on his... "well if this doesn't work, lets try something new attittude". He was not a passive observer, he tried things out and experimented.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I was going to say MBTI INTJ, based on his... "well if this doesn't work, lets try something new attittude". He was not a passive observer, he tried things out and experiemented.
    Yeah, Nirvana does not come easily (or cheaply anymore)
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj sounds good. INTj-XXXx could be better....

Ti -> Ne -> Fi -> Se -> Fe -> Si -> Te -> Ni
    Se -> Fi -> Ne -> Ti -> Ni -> Te -> Si -> Fe

Very strong focus on the impact of thinking on reality, and of reality on thinking. But why not let's try a better analysis? Perceiving objects in fields and fields in objects....

Wait a moment: isn't the concept of nirvana the state of seeing yourself in your mind as happy and contentment? That is exactly the experience of : you can experience the emotions felt in an imagined situation as thought they were real.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't know much about him, but superficially from the quotes he seems INFp. It appears his is weak, and that he tells people what he wants to hear. His vision is that anybody can have what they want if they make it happen, rather than equal rights for all as with (that's my view, anyway). I don't think he is INTj or INTp (definitely not), but I don't really know.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Health: hidden agenda. There is no mistake: he's INTj.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    I doubt he'd like very much - it might just dampen his profits selling self-help books.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I doubt he'd like very much - it might just dampen his profits selling self-help books.
    Are we talking about Buddha or the Dali Llama here?

Buddha was -no- charlatan! He was as influential a religious figure as Jesus or Mohammed.

Diocletian: thanks for drawing my attention to Buddha. I think I've got a lot of reading to do on his work.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Ni

Tcau, what did you say, a few months ago (maybe more), about when an LII has the power to use Ni consciously? Something about the tremendous power it would give him, and that's why they have to wait until later in life to use it?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure. Nirvana is very much an Si/Ne-type concept: being in perfect harmony, above all material things.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a definite INXp type.

I believe he's INTp simply because of the somber AND sober way that he handles the issues at hand; INFp mystics tend to be more dogmatic.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    He's a definite INXp type.

I believe he's INTp simply because of the somber AND sober way that he handles the issues at hand; INFp mystics tend to be more dogmatic.
    I agree with Te over Fe.

Mystic could you explain your resoning for Ni dominant for Budha? I find that ESFJs are very attracted to his message. And mediation seems like and INTJ thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, my opinion on his Ni-ness has to do with the mystical and holistic nature of his beliefs; Ne beliefs seem more mundane and disinterested in matters of contingency(which seems to be precisely the opposite of what Buddha's beliefs were.)

And, remember, I'm not deriving his typing based on his beliefs, but rather that these beliefs originated with him.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Honestly, my opinion on his Ni-ness has to do with the mystical and holistic nature of his beliefs; Ne beliefs seem more mundane and disinterested in matters of contingency(which seems to be precisely the opposite of what Buddha's beliefs were.)

And, remember, I'm not deriving his typing based on his beliefs, but rather that these beliefs originated with him.
    I am very strongly inclined to agree with you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.
    Buddha

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
    Buddha

All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
    Buddha

All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
    Buddha

Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.
    Buddha

An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
    Buddha

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
    Buddha

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
    Buddha

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.
    Buddha

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    Buddha

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
    Buddha

Ennui has made more gamblers than avarice, more drunkards than thirst, and perhaps as many suicides as despair.
    Buddha

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.

Buddha

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
    Buddha

He is able who thinks he is able.

Buddha

He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
    Buddha

He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.

Buddha

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
    Buddha

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    Buddha

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
    Buddha

Buddha

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
    Buddha

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.
    Buddha

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
    Buddha

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
    Buddha

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
    Buddha

Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
    Buddha

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
    Buddha

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
    Buddha

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.
    Buddha

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    Buddha

Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
    Buddha

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
    Buddha

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
    Buddha

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
    Buddha

Buddha

The virtues, like the Muses, are always seen in groups. A good principle was never found solitary in any breast.
    Buddha

The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.
    Buddha

The world, indeed, is like a dream and the treasures of the world are an alluring mirage! Like the apparent distances in a picture, things have no reality in themselves, but they are like heat haze.
    Buddha

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    Buddha

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
    Buddha

Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
    Buddha

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
    Buddha

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
    Buddha

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

Buddha

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
    Buddha

To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance.

Buddha

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.
    Buddha

Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.
    Buddha

We are formed and molded by our thoughts.
    Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.
    Buddha

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Buddha

What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

What we think, we become.
    Buddha

Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
    Buddha

When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear.
    Buddha

Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering - an image of death.
    Buddha

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
    Buddha

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
    Buddha

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
    Buddha

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
    Buddha
    I read every line and I must say... whatever isn't Ni is Se or Fi for the most part. There's some Te in there, too... Te > Ti in any case. This guy was Gamma. The parts I bolded are especially Ni.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but... it almost feels too Positivist to be INTp...
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems Ti:

Buddha

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends... I could see it either way.

internal dynamics of fields vs. external statics of fields
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends... I could see it either way.

internal dynamics of fields vs. external statics of fields
    But I think that you are right.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm disappointed that he is being automatically typed as base Ni. There's plenty of Ne and Si, which I think is being mistaken for Ni. What do you mean by mundane, MysticSonic? You may be on to something.

I don't want to go through the whole thing, but this is especially anti-Ni:

These too seem INTj to me:

Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace. [Fe+Si]

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think he holds Beta values, with > than , therefore INFp. He doesn't seem as cold as INTps, and he doesn't particularly use . Apparently (it's probably a story), on his deathbed, he laughed when his followers thought he was immortal - I can see a INFp doing this somehow - not realising others thought he was some god through his live as a teacher + the sense of humour.

He doesn't criticise directly - but he sees an alternative to it - e.g.
    He also says it's better to travel well than to arrive - this is a Ixxp attitude, but not necessarily a one.

He has positivist setiments about humanity - he sees humans capable of achieving if they put their minds to it - this is not INTpness.

He also challenges his followers to think and not believe others (including himself) just because they say so - this seems > , and also appeals to .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni + Se... more so Se. It's like Se helping Ni.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also challenges his followers to think and not believe others (including himself) just because they say so - this seems > , and also appeals to .
    How is that not Fi? I can see a little bit of an argument for Ti in that one statement, but if you look at that statement in the context of everything else he says, it seems more ethical than logical.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many people here actually have more than a passing knowledge of Buddha or the historical context of his life?

Just curious

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't. I'm just going by those quotes.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many people here actually have more than a passing knowledge of Buddha or the historical context of his life?

Just curious
    Not me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meditation and most of the Buddhist philosophy is all about Si: being physically more in touch with one's body and surroundings. I agree with Te. I don't think there's any reason to believe that Ni and Ne beliefs are any different, nor that Buddha's were more one or the other. Also, the rejection of materialism points, however slightly, to Si>Se.

So Delta.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meditation can be as much a Ni thing as a Si thing.
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

How is that not Fi? I can see a little bit of an argument for Ti in that one statement, but if you look at that statement in the context of everything else he says, it seems more ethical than logical.
    I was saying I thought he was a INFp who valued .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was saying I thought he was a INFp who valued .
    Yeah, I know... that's what I was responding to. What I posted was about functions specifically.
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Meditation and most of the Buddhist philosophy is all about Si: being physically more in touch with one's body and surroundings. I agree with Te. I don't think there's any reason to believe that Ni and Ne beliefs are any different, nor that Buddha's were more one or the other. Also, the rejection of materialism points, however slightly, to Si>Se.

So Delta.
    I have the feeling if a read his quotes, they would considered them bullshit. He seems to talk about personal fulfillment even at the expense of others, rather than values. I think he values because he is in tune with how people are and what they might want - some of his things just can't work in the real world without compromising another of his values.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious
    Good point.

I don't. I read Siddhartha.

So Delta.
    Delta makes sense. Way more likely than Gamma, IMO.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know anything about meditation? It's a method of becoming PHYSICALLY balanced and more in tune with one's PHYSICAL surrounding. ALL Si.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know anything about meditation? It's a method of becoming PHYSICALLY balanced and more in tune with one's PHYSICAL surrounding. ALL Si.
    Um... no. wtf???
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you talk about things you have absolutely no clue about? Go get informed before you decide to act like a smartass for once in your entire life.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My entire life? There's no need for theatrics.

There are different forms of meditation. Some focus on being "one" with your body and being fully aware of your body, some focus on quieting your mind in a manner which actually gives more of an "out of body experience". There could be forms of meditation that focus on being aware of your physical surroundings... I've never heard of that though.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's Ni about an out-of-body experience? More Ne, than anything: lack of physical presence, focusing on the body as an object rather than a subject.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focusing on the body as an object? What does that have to do with anything? The point of what I was talking about there is not focusing on anything.

I think attributing meditation in general to any particular function is a mistake. There are too many forms and ideas and philosophies and whatnot.
    SEE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast