View Poll Results: George Carlin's type?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 12.50%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 6.25%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

2 12.50%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

6 37.50%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

3 18.75%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 6.25%
  • EII (INFj)

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Carlin

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Fi PoLR, so might be SLE and ILE as an alternative, definitely Ti subtype though.

Edit: Never mind, LSI also is very likely. I will consider and think it then.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Probably ILE or alternatively ILI I think.

I think he had low levels of conscientiousness.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 05-21-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunk View Post
    I'd love Carlin and Burr as SLE's, though I'm not truly convinced about both of their types being as SLE. I have to see that documentary, lol. I used to love Carlin back in my more liberal days, not sure how I feel about his views these days
    I would definitely recommend watching if you’re a George Carlin fan

I honestly loved the documentary despite having no prior interest in Carlin. I only turned it on for background noise while cleaning but ended up watching the entire thing.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think that George Carlin might have been SLE. I know an SLE who has the same aggressive approach to conversations.
    In the video of Carlin in @khcs's post #36 above, Carlin's humor consists of pointing out logical absurdities, which is very Ti. Also, in his later years, he focused on the way that the people in charge of this country were abusing their power, which is an e8 concern. I'd talk about this myself, but it's kind of pointless, TBH.

You can contrast Carlin's humor with that of LIE Jimmy Kimmel, whose humor is pointed and personal and makes fun of people's ignorance, or that of e3 SEE Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners, whose humor revolved around his lack of social standing (e3), his physical (Se) threats to send his wife to the moon, and his deep (Fi) love for his wife and best friend.

Carlin's humor reminds me of SLE Bill Burr's humor, who also points out logical absurdities and the infringement of social customs on his rights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0gaYyNk7QA
    It’s funny that you bring up Bill Burr—Carlin also reminds me of him. I imagine Carlin had a great influence on Burr’s style of comedy.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

Fwiw Carlin’s mannerisms reminded me of my ex-boyfriend’s dad. My ex and his dad were both SLE, and both were natural comedians. I recall a story about SLE dad standing up in a broken down bus and entertaining his fellow passengers with jokes until help arrived.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deductive View Post
    I thought Fi PoLR, so might be SLE and ILE as an alternative, definitely Ti subtype though.

Edit: Never mind, LSI also is very likely. I will consider and think it then.
    I don't know why people see ILE/Ne in this guy.

It looks like LSI is the most popular vote. Mirrors can be hard to distinguish, but I think it's obvious his Fe is better than 1D, if nothing else. Fi PoLR also seems a lot more likely/obvious than Ne PoLR IMO. I've always seen him as SLE.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I don't know why people see ILE/Ne in this guy.

It looks like LSI is the most popular vote. Mirrors can be hard to distinguish, but I think it's obvious his Fe is better than 1D, if nothing else. Fi PoLR also seems a lot more likely/obvious than Ne PoLR IMO. I've always seen him as SLE.
    Carlin seems extroverted + irrational to me. I was going back and forth between SLE and ILE throughout the documentary.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Carlin seems extroverted + irrational to me. I was going back and forth between SLE and ILE throughout the documentary.
    What Ne do you see in him?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI seems good

his opinion on germs seems pretty Se and not Si
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    What Ne do you see in him?
    People who knew him irl describing him as playful and childlike. Apparently there was more to his personality than what you saw in his stand-up.

Edit: On second thought, I think the producer of the documentary (Judd Apatow) is delta NF, so idk maybe he’s projecting himself onto the movie
    Last edited by Poptart; 05-22-2022 at 05:37 PM.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His joke about stupid people seems to be too condescending for an LSI to say something as such.
    And yes, Fi PoLR is deadly obvious, I just can't unsee it anymore, so SLE it is. But again, with ILE alt.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He did seem like somebody with a lot of Ti. I'm not sure you can exactly fully judge/type him based off of his standup, since it's a performance. But all of his standup does seem to involve a lot of Ti contemplation/realization. I'm also skeptical that an Ti introvert (LII or LSI) would enjoy putting all of their Ti out their in an extroverted way like that, or to put it in Socionics terms, "producing" Ti (as opposed to "accepting" Ti). So if I had to guess he seemed to value Ti and it seemed to be producing, or creative Ti.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE maybe

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I love George Carlin, I can only stand so much of his pessimism. Somettimes his values also rub me the wrong way.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A very typical ese
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    A very typical ese
    Lmao

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12