View Poll Results: George Carlin's type?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 12.50%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 6.25%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

2 12.50%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

6 37.50%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

3 18.75%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 6.25%
  • EII (INFj)

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Carlin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default George Carlin

A man amongst men. The kind of man you wish everyone would read about in the bible.

Last edited by silke; 02-09-2019 at 01:13 AM. Reason: fixed links

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switching my vote to LIE. Seems obvious now.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

entj

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Carlin is probably a good example of an LIE cp 6w7 sp/so. Definitely cp 6, I think: he's all about challenging popular perception.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's my favorite funny man, really gets me to think.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A beautiful ENTj just died :[ R.I.P.

Rest in Peace George Carlin.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default George Carlin

LSI?

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh, we discussed him a bit here. I think there were SLE, LSI and ILE typings in there.

However, I didn't look further than the second page, so there may be flame wars about...

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah k, thanks Skeptic. I missed that thread. Interesting discussion.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In as ISTj before the ENTps come along and claim him as their own.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se ftw. My favorite since I can remember, and a dj clone.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the clip with Jon Stewart... LSI makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    In as ISTj before the ENTps come along and claim him as their own.
    lol who claimed him? I'm pretty sure at this point he's beta ST. I don't get any Ne valuing in his sense of humor.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SLE-Se.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 08-17-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hes Se LSI. Theres not a drop of alpha blood in him, anyone who says so might as well claim Howard Stern is alpha lol.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

*Bump*

LSI WTF? I type George Carlin as Ti-ILE. Almost everything he says is + . People type him too much on his most recent comedy performances. If you look back to the performances of the 1970s primarily, you can see he has a much more pleasant playful tone. It becomes apparent that he is an indeed an Alpha. The dark cynical Carlin is something that evolved slowly over time as he got older. Here is probably a better representation of his true personality:

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ILEs do get darker and more cynical as we age. I still a m not sure of his type though. Def seems more playful and out of the box in this clip.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i like this old thread.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omfg i just looked this thread up on google because i was randomly reminded of george carlin while talking to a friend

KASSIE GET OUT OF MY MIND

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'd like to own up to having psychic powers but its just that sometimes i sift through threads shown in who's online for stuff to read.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh wtf lol never mind

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Updated typing: LSI-Se

sp/so 5w6

P-A type in the NPA type model.
    Last edited by silke; 01-15-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

​I have a pet theory that stand-up comedians that tell punchline jokes in a rapidfire fashion (Jimmy Carr, Stephen Wright, etc) tend to be irrational types and ranters (Louis CK, George Carlin, etc) tend to be rational.

It's congruent with the whole rational "should be/should not be" and irrational "this is what it is/ this is what it isn't" thing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    *Bump*

LSI WTF? I type George Carlin as Ti-ILE. Almost everything he says is + . People type him too much on his most recent comedy performances. If you look back to the performances of the 1970s primarily, you can see he has a much more pleasant playful tone. It becomes apparent that he is an indeed an Alpha. The dark cynical Carlin is something that evolved slowly over time as he got older. Here is probably a better representation of his true personality:
    George Carlin said: "the wrong two Beatles died first."

Now I know why he isn't in my Quadra.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's really funny! Reminds me of Bill Hicks.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Undoubtedly ego with as well. Humor and focus revolves around what's going on in the background () that people aren't seeing while also judging people's actions (usually as illogical) in regards to it (). Typical ILI and even fits the archetype 'critic'. ILI>LIE>LSI>ILE. He's very gamma in what he talks about and 'serious' in as so much as there only really being one truth or right action, irregardless of your reasoning. He doesn't fit alpha, even the stereotypes, aside from being a comedian. Overall, everything about him, his skits and what he says shows Gamma NT to me. Fairly easy case.

As far as NTs go, ILEs and ILIs would be quite different in comedy. I would compare him with ILE- Kevin Hart (although an african american cultural influence is in his humor). Now that is Alpha as fuck, even thought that while watching it. Filled with connections and jumping back and forth between these things. As far as logic goes, creatives have a 'slickness' to them, in that they don't care as much about like LXI's do but can always give a good excuse or logical reasoning for their irrationality and Kevin's stuff is full of that. He'll say shit like, "I didn't panic when I lost her (his daughter), the reason why was because we were the only ones in the park. I knew eventually I would run into her again so I took my time to get on rides that she couldn't get on, because she's only five, she can't do everything." Haha, maybe shows being in tune to emergent opportunities and him justifying his irresponsibility. But that's just one, you will surely see his stuff filled with this in his videos. You'll notice creative comedy skits being filled with their personal reasonings that you won't see much of in ego comedians like Carlin as they won't see as much of a need to explain rather than just judge actions or say what happened, is happening or will happen, based on them. Kevin even has a skit called "let me explain" which is filled with his reasonings.
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 12-27-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hahaha.

Edit: Oh, and the idea of an LSI comedian is comical in itself. Not that there's none, I just want someone to link me to one or two. I wanna see that.
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 12-27-2014 at 01:19 PM.

ILE

his skit on religion was great

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might not be agreed with but Fe lead type

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say LSE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just listening:
    Lists lots of concrete details what he perceives to be the case. Bit of action. I think he is quite dynamic. Talks a lot about colors. Originality seems to be favored but it is more of centered around his own experiences. Not that daring at all. I think I'd place him in serious dichotomy. Talks about his relations to certain objects. I think valuing while not ego type. Assertiveness comes out frequently.

LSE could work.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I still think he's Ti-ILE, he reminds me of Bill Hicks, which is another ILE who is likely Ne subtype. However, I'm open to other types, but not LSI, which I can't buy for him. You had to give it to him though, he definitely had balls, may he RIP:

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, LSI is near impossibility. I think he is very rooted to this world. Logical sensing person is my guess. He actually went bit further later in his life but his earlier material is very earthy indeed.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's LSI and who ever types him as Ne-Dom has a pretty distorted understanding of what extroverted intuition is and does...or just never listens to him.
    His commentary is clear cut, logical, "no bullshit". He rants about real life problems, social problems, impractical ideas and plans. He rejects everything else.

"That's why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day[...]
    But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!"

"Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty.
    I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be."

That's Ne? Thinking for oneself, demanding evidence and making fun of something that has no evidence. That's Ne? No it's logic. It's sarcasm. No more no less.

No LSI comedians? WTF. One must be thinking LSI are some hyper-practical ignorant people with no interest in the greater picture. People who live their live with their heads down forming conservative opinions.
    You think Einstein, Stephen Fry or whichever LIE will get up there on a stage, take a micro and start a well planned, structured rant about current society, impractical development politics and how people make everything more difficult than it should be when the answer right in front of their nose? When things can be solved by common sense and critical thinking? He utilizes precise words, accumulation, hyperbole and emotional enhancement. Not what-if/what-could be scenarios that support some overly theoretical or radical ideas.

"They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interests..."

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic fucking hatreds."

Stratiyeveskaya-ENTp:
    Don Quixote - dreamer and dreamer, who is fascinated by his ideas and who carries along by them others. The indifference of those surrounding to his own concept is received by it extremely painfully. People, which do not know how and which do not desire to dream, irritate it. The landed "realists", who receive its dreams as empty and measly fantasies, risk to find in its face of ardent and irreconcilable enemy.

To open the new horizons and new prospects in all the fields of scientific, creative and social and political activity - is such their high destination.[...]Understanding the sense of new phenomenon, it already reflects about the possibilities of its application.

Here is where the misunderstanding comes from. George Carlin is no "dreamer" he has no time for ungrounded theories or distant plans - instead he criticizes peoples actions and beliefs in the here and now, because the here and now gives him all the facts and examples he needs to get his message across.
    He wants his opinions and emotions to get out there. That's Beta territory not Alpha and it's certainly not Fi-Polr.

What he says about his performances:
    "But when you're in front of an audience and you make them laugh at a new idea, you're guiding the whole being for the moment. No one is ever more him/herself than when they really laugh. Their defenses are down. It's very Zen-like, that moment. They are completely open, completely themselves when that message hits the brain and the laugh begins. That's when new ideas can be implanted. If a new idea slips in at that moment, it has a chance to grow."

He is lecturer but also a deliberate drama queen. Where is the Si-ds function? There is none. That's Fe-ds. He wants the audience to understand some things and if you like you can call it "ideas". In his view, when people are charged with positive emotions (laughter), there is a possibility to make them think. To change their position. It's what an EIE would do with an LSI who does not change his positions easily.
    (Notice that "ideas" are not reserved for ENTp's and ENFp's)
    He gives his audience what he understands about himself. That's all everyone of us can do: understand what moves us and share it.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 06-04-2017 at 12:32 PM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's heavy on Ni. Don't care to say any more than that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default George Carlin - Euphemisms

George Carlin - INFJ - Dostoyevski - social critic - Plastic

Last edited by khcs; 01-11-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

I just watched an hbo documentary about George Carlin without knowing anything about him other than he was a comedian.

Still not sure about his type.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Bump

I just watched an hbo documentary about George Carlin without knowing anything about him other than he was a comedian.

Still not sure about his type.
    I think that George Carlin might have been SLE. I know an SLE who has the same aggressive approach to conversations.
    In the video of Carlin in @khcs's post #36 above, Carlin's humor consists of pointing out logical absurdities, which is very Ti. Also, in his later years, he focused on the way that the people in charge of this country were abusing their power, which is an e8 concern. I'd talk about this myself, but it's kind of pointless, TBH.

You can contrast Carlin's humor with that of LIE Jimmy Kimmel, whose humor is pointed and personal and makes fun of people's ignorance, or that of e3 SEE Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners, whose humor revolved around his lack of social standing (e3), his physical (Se) threats to send his wife to the moon, and his deep (Fi) love for his wife and best friend.

Carlin's humor reminds me of SLE Bill Burr's humor, who also points out logical absurdities and the infringement of social customs on his rights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0gaYyNk7QA
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-21-2022 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI Se

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think that George Carlin might have been SLE. I know an SLE who has the same aggressive approach to conversations.
    In the video of Carlin in @khcs's post #36 above, Carlin's humor consists of pointing out logical absurdities, which is very Ti. Also, in his later years, he focused on the way that the people in charge of this country were abusing their power, which is an e8 concern. I'd talk about this myself, but it's kind of pointless, TBH.

You can contrast Carlin's humor with that of LIE Jimmy Kimmel, whose humor is pointed and personal and makes fun of people's ignorance, or that of e3 SEE Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners, whose humor revolved around his lack of social standing (e3), his physical (Se) threats to send his wife to the moon, and his deep (Fi) love for his wife and best friend.

Carlin's humor reminds me of SLE Bill Burr's humor, who also points out logical absurdities and the infringement of social customs on his rights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0gaYyNk7QA
    I'd love Carlin and Burr as SLE's, though I'm not truly convinced about both of their types being as SLE. I have to see that documentary, lol. I used to love Carlin back in my more liberal days, not sure how I feel about his views these days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast