Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: INTp-ESFp duality discussion and examples (ILI-SEE)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..I'm missing something, I don't get why people hate OR like this text conversation =]
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    ..I'm missing something, I don't get why people hate OR like this text conversation =]
    +1 yeah lol
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate it. I just find it so dull of a topic to the point of being absurd.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Khamelion speaketh wisdom, me thinks.
    you want to fuck khamelion in your mind, me thinks

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Text Convo with me and ESI friend

ESI: Wanna do dinner?

Me: Sure.

ESI: Ready?

Me: Yes. On my way.

Yeah, my ESI friend is absolutely hysterical. Perhaps this was not the best conversation I could have used to demonstrate that.
    I have conversations in my mind sometimes.

Logos: (all of the above)

Me: I wish I could hire someone to rape and kill Logos

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    hm.. but you said that you like people to say why they have a problem, didnt you? Does it only apply to when people are angry with you?

I'm not really sure I understand what you're asking...

...because I didn't state why it annoys me? I guess I thought it obvious...I was avoiding it to further aggravate the situation. I just thought I'd state my stance in general...it was to the point without adding more insult that didn't need to be added.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post

A little sensitive are we? And all because I was ready to have dinner with a friend. I'm sorry, I'll never make dinner plans with my close ESI friend again.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Crazedrat: I don't normally go against peoples self-typings. But in almost all of your messages you sound like a hysterical beta-NF bitch. Plus there doesn't seem to be one single ESFp on this board that you seem to get along with. They get better along even with their conflictors than with you. What's with all the talk about fucking, raping and being castrated that you spew in your posts? Again very beta.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    What's with all the talk about fucking, raping and being castrated that you spew in your posts?
    Sounds like the thoughts that frequently play in my head.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    What's with all the talk about fucking, raping and being castrated that you spew in your posts? Again very beta.
    yeah totally. That is definitely what Beta is all about. It's like how Austrailia was relative to the rest of the world when it was a prison colony.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    yeah totally. That is definitely what Beta is all about. It's like how Austrailia was relative to the rest of the world when it was a prison colony.
    Quite frankly I'm not sure if you are upset and being sarcastic. Or really agreeing with me. Anyway I didn't mean that all beta-NF's are bitches And the raping etc. just seems a recurring theme in some of the beta discussions. I wouldn't say that's what beta's are all about.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quite frankly I'm not sure if you are upset and being sarcastic. Or really agreeing with me. Anyway I didn't mean that all beta-NF's are bitches And the raping etc. just seems a recurring theme in some of the beta discussions. I wouldn't say that's what beta's are all about.
    I was being sarcastic. But I'm not upset. I didn't even think you thought that about Beta. I just felt like saying that.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    Aren't they your conflictor? You must feel really ihibited. You should find some new friends...

Well, actually, from experience with the ESE I know (who i'm actually signing a year long lease with in august, gulp!), more likely you probably just speak how you feel all the time and annoy the crap out of the ILI.... poor ILI
    So far the only people I've clearly identified as not liking me have been LIEs.
    My closest and dearest friend is an ILI. We've been best friends since we were very young.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah hello? lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't get along with anyone on this board. if we are talking about important ideas, i am docile and focused. if we aren't, my inner nature comes out. i like the esfps, but my default mode of interactions is hateful. i think there is a tendency (which i believe has been discussed on other threads) to project certain hidden and negative mental maladaptations onto your dual; particularly when you are dealing with a repressed shadow side. all of the esfps on this board are also fi subtypes, and the fi subtype has always seemed superficial and dumb to me... in real life when i encounter an esfp-fi type the interaction degenerates to me "causing mischief" and undermining their view of the world.. goading negative reactions out of them for my own humor, verbally rejecting their weak ideas, subtly insulting them, and generally having fun exploiting their weakness. the interaction is much different than I have with the se subtype, who is actually smart and not stuck up; and mostly we end up talking about how the world sucks and no one cares about it.. and everyone wants to kill something, be it themselves or others in some removed way. Vaguely, I consider everyone a killer.. where killing takes the form of different socially acceptable actions which lead to the subtle destruction of the world in favor of the self. This hyperawareness of my own negative tendencies (along with others) brings out their honest expression. Along with that, I have a variety of other conscious philosophies and hangups which contribute further to my personality- again, none of this is type related. It is related to the specific content of my mind, derived from specific impressions of the workings of reality ... (the realm of content is something socionics fools like to minimize at every turn, in favor of form). Past observations have proven to me the more intelligent a person is, the more variant their personality. This is true for ILI; and particularly the Ni subtype, where their internal perceptions are all that define their personality (they are unanchored by the external world.. they only look inside for what is real.. where inside means the consistency of what is outside). Basically, ILIs are all pretty different from one another. I am also in the top .001 percent of the population in terms of intelligence. I suspect this has a strong impact on my personality and its comparability with others. Generally i divide quadras into two subquadras- the perceiving subtypes & the judging subtypes. With gamma, I get along extraordinarily with the perceiving subtype subquadra... with the judging subtypes, I am left with the impression they are in a delusional static state of opinion. I can get along with them well in everyday real world interactions, but if this interaction extends into my personal life there will be conflict.. they will try and defend their stance toward the way things are and impose it onto me, I will try to theoretically and verbally undermine it, then tell them to fuck off... and so fourth. in everyday life my default thought process is relatively hateful.. this does not show externally, and i keep it hidden, because there is no use in struggling against what is impossible to overcome.. this will inevitably result in degrading your personal situation. over the internet i am establishing a link with my internal mind which is abnormal and not regularly seen in everyday interaction. this clouds the ability of regular social order as defined by intertype relations to properly transfer and define this situation. there are a variety of reasons which may be able to explain my mentally destructive tendencies, but they are not directly type related.. they are more environmentally related. beyond this, i wasn't aware castration was a beta thought... i'll have to take note of that. finally, since you are actively trying to overthrow my self-typing via internet observations and a clearly self-centered understanding of the concept of ILI; most of which seems more socially oriented then theoretically oriented; and with a subtle focus on preserving your corrupted fantasy ideals of ILI, i am mentally crowning you a dumbass.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-26-2008 at 01:23 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bunch of reasons why crazedtwat is depressed and scared of the world so he has to take it out on everyone else
    maybe these Se subtype you get along with more is actually ESTp Se.........

when I direct conversation at you or interact with you...you don't really shatter my world view...you don't even rattle it....you're accusations and hostile questions give me challenging amusement...but other than that...meh. dealing with you is like dealing with a diluted version of my roommate.

it is extremely ignorant to categorize Fi subtypes as more or less intelligent than Se subtypes...it just doesn't make any sense. i don't really see how i (or any other ESFp I know of) act stuck up either, however...I do spend an extraordinary amount of time with beta...and that is how they normally perceive me when im being opinionated (Fi driven opinions, expressed with Se which makes them all rattled up and uncomfortable because i make it plain and in their face) they are first pissed off by it because it sounds as if im correcting them and acting like i know better. and then when i don't back down they start to get intimidated because im not effected by their emotional bullshit they use to try to tear down a solid opinion based on facts. they try to use the crowd against you as if this is a valid win to an argument...the crowd is convinced that i sound better so this makes me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    Nah, Khamelion gets a bucket of kool points, however, for posts such as the one I indirectly replied to. It was like a light in the midst of a sea of unintelligent, inhumane, idiotic insults, incoherencies, and insensement that largely makes up the interactions of heated online users.

I have wondered time to time how people actually develop some manner of attraction to an online user. Never made sense to me. Huh.

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    maybe these Se subtype you get along with more is actually ESTp Se.........

when I direct conversation at you or interact with you...you don't really shatter my world view...you don't even rattle it....you're accusations and hostile questions give me challenging amusement...but other than that...meh. dealing with you is like dealing with a diluted version of my roommate.

it is extremely ignorant to categorize Fi subtypes as more or less intelligent than Se subtypes...it just doesn't make any sense. i don't really see how i (or any other ESFp I know of) act stuck up either, however...I do spend an extraordinary amount of time with beta...and that is how they normally perceive me when im being opinionated (Fi driven opinions, expressed with Se which makes them all rattled up and uncomfortable because i make it plain and in their face) they are first pissed off by it because it sounds as if im correcting them and acting like i know better. and then when i don't back down they start to get intimidated because im not effected by their emotional bullshit they use to try to tear down a solid opinion based on facts. they try to use the crowd against you as if this is a valid win to an argument...the crowd is convinced that i sound better so this makes me right.

it is rediculous how you can create information to support a preconceived opinion, and then shape this information so that it all supports itself in an arbitrary way... and each part speaks up for the other parts and develops an elaborate convoluted web of reasoning for the idea at hand; but all along there is no actual information in reality that is a part of what you are saying which is relevant to what is being discussed.
    For example, what you said is true about beta... they would naturally think you're stuck up for those reasons.
    But you are putting fucking words in my mouth. I did not say you were stuck up, I used different language; and most importantly i didnt remotely imply you were stuck up in the nature which you are describing beta as perceiving you as. So what this means, is that everything you have said is part of a fantasy you are creating. I said you had a self-centered mind. This means you have difficulty looking outside of your own opinions. This is essentially the difference between a judging temperament and a perceiving temperament. This statement of ESFP-fi having a self centered mind is valid only if being thought of relative to ESFP-se. It is not a statement concerning the general tendencies of ESFP-fis and their relations to the rest of the socion. That is why I included it in a paragraph primarily focused on comparing ESFP-fi to ESFP-se, right?
    The assertion you have a self centered mind is supported ~right now in front of our eyes~ by your rediculous insinuations I am mistyping myself, and that you-fucking-know-more-about-me-than-i-do. ...This idea is insane, and retarded. Every second you hold onto it and try and make it "work" for you, you become a little more retarded. You are making a statement in time about who you are as a person, right now; and that you are fucking retarded.
    the esfp i grew up with and have known for 20 years. she is not estp. end of story. no need for me to give you an "intelligent reply" and explain to you why and how i have known this girl for 20 years; and demonstrate every detail of why she is esfp in comparison with estp. if i did this, you would ignore me. if i did this, it would also be pointless because ~you know absolutely nothing about this girl, you do not even know her name~. Do you understand how retarded this is? You give an opinion on this girls type, yet you do not know one thing about her.
    the reason i began discussing esfp-fis mental weakness was to explain things which were brought up regarding my interactions with esfps on this board. i did not actively seek out this discussion, and if you are going to ask stupid questions then expect stupid answers.
    most of the time the things you are discussing, khamelion, like my supposed betaness which you have derived from (like i said earlier) flawed observations... well, they are two things:
    1: mostly speculative, having to do more with you working out some personal confusion you have
    2: boring / irrelevant.. example, you debating me on my own quadra. i do not feel like gathering evidence and presenting it to you as if you're some fucking jury. and if you think an ILI always has to do this.. then you must think ILI is a fucking tool

Here is how it goes
    i type out a whole explanation.........
    khamelion: hey, maybe the esfp is actually estp! that would mean that nothing you just said matters at all and i don't have to change my goddamn mind because that would require too much effort and might force me to grapple with real world evidence and facts and stuff which is too much!
    yeah, that's all that thought does for this situation. Allows you to ignore me and continue to be a dumbass.

k, then add in words to like "definitely" and "very" and "obviously" and "completely" and... you have your paragraph.
    The-fucking-end.
    OMG, not an intelligent reply! No ILI!
    if you want an intelligent reply, its up there.. you erased it all and put in "a bunch of reasons why crazedrat is depressed"

K, closing comments- fuck off and leave me alone
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-26-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I can understand the feeling of hating and truly wanting to kill if it didn't disagree with the legal system and certain ethical principles I believe in following despite my personal feelings, but not that I'm trying to be nosy but saying from my experience, I think it's wrong to say it is impossible to overcome it. It's easy for me to say (despite having just been treated like complete and utter shit by an LSE piece of shit who truly deserves to have his throat slit, and I don't hate all LSEs, just the Te types who are psychological fuck ups, and I guess this could go for any type that is psychogically fucked up, not people who are normal), but I believe there is a way to overcome anything but when accustomed to thinking a certain way for a long time, it looks impossible. I don't think you feeling that way makes you beta or whatever. I used to feel hatred I didn't think anyone could understand though I successfully kept it hidden to maintain politeness to people who technically did not do me wrong. My stupid ethical beliefs kept me from taking my anger out on people who were guilty (well, actually it was more like getting nowhere and things only getting worse). I think it was that point that made me consider just killing myself because then I wouldn't have to deal with these mindless fuck-wads but I figured doing so would be just another pointless exercise and I was actually pretty good at getting over crap by distracting myself with anything that made me think hard like a game or whatever. But focusing on the hatred was pointless and I don't believe human decency is a myth. I guess it depends on how many assfucks surround you that affects that belief. I don't know what the hell I'm saying. I'm getting over my own pissed-offness and realize these examples of human trash will behave like human trash no matter who they're around on the long term. I believe these useless people will somehow get what they deserve in the long run, though often I would like to be the one dealing vengeance with my fists.
    ah... well, I said "it is pointless to struggle against what cannot be overcome". I need to elaborate on that. I also think all problems can be overcome, but only by making them "no longer be problems" ... And essentially this will result in you walking away from reality and passively killing yourself. death cannot be avoided. However it can be "overcome" in a different sense by switching the perception of the situation and eliminating it as an issue- by accepting death and coming to terms with it.
    There is also the theoretical potential for a person to actively fight against the powers that be which are chaining them down- but in order to do this, you first must overcome your slavery to these powers.
    ... I can't properly date a girl until I am no longer a slave to the girl.. if I am a slave to her / afraid of her, etc. ... then I can't date her; and I am a slave to her or afraid of her if I want her. So in order to get the girl I have to not want her.
    So you can't live until you aren't afraid to die, etc.
    There is an archetype "the hero" which represents a person overcoming this issue. Most myths and stories are based about it.. the bible, for example, is jesus walking against the grain of society; but first he must reject societies corrupt influence.
    So yeah, I think it's possible to be a good person... but also I only think this occurs theoretically, not practically.
    I don't know anyone who isn't a slave- and everyone I know who thinks people can be good.. actually thinks this because they define goodness improperly. For example, my mom thinks she's a good person... she owns a big house and has a good savings account, and tries to do the best for people... but what would happen if her house burned down and her husband shot himself?
    She is a slave, and her master has convinced her that she is following the right path... she is in love with her master.
    You know, she's reached the point where she's walking without a leash. And so she thinks she's free, and that other people can be free too.
    Practically, you just have to end up either killing yourself or fucking the world.
    Killing yourself means withdrawing from the world. ... killing your spirit, etc. fucking the world means milking it for your own personal gain.
    ...we aren't heros and we can't change the world.
    Where spirit means drive to live, and drive to live means drive to fuck the world ....
    still, that's just theoretical (unless jesus flies down from heaven and lands on the whitehouse).

Okay, edit:
    o yeah also i relate to everything you say; and it is particularly interesting for me that you specify fucked up ESTJ-Te types as something you venemously hate. I say this for two reasons.
    1: I grew up with a parent who was ESFJ-Fe... a very similar type
    2: I am now stuck in a complex and exceedingly frustrating situation with an ESTJ-Te who I consider a retarded baby of the highest level.
    I also identify with the way you talk and form sentences... that is interesting, because I have been trying to correlate sentence structure with type. I have made a few successful steps forward but things are still underdeveloped.
    Anyway, good to hear from you

K Edit 2:
    I have an off the wall question which I would like you to answer (ILI-Ni person above). What is your opinion (if you have any) of thom yorke lead singer of radiohead/ and have you listened to any of their good music (like climbing up the walls or something like that). I ask you this because thom is ILI-Ni as well, and i think their best music is all about this particular emotional state of ILI which we both understand here
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-26-2008 at 02:31 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh wwwaaahhhhh waaaahhhh
    You have misconstrued one thing I said and ran with it (something I'm used to dealing with)...the whole Se/Fi subtype thing....and it isn't worth putting in the effort to sift through that so called "intelligent reply" to argue each point.

You were the one making strange and ignorant conclusions about subtypes intelligence levels...I was merely pointing out its ignorance and close-mindedness. I didn't even read your "intelligent reply" because the more I read the more it sounded like you whining about how you hate the world because it's done you wrong.

I haven't attempted to type your friend at all what so ever...or denied her type...I didn't even know we were talking about one person for that matter. You made a blanket statement about Se/Fi subtypes...not one specific friend. (Then again I didn't really read all that you wrote, but I also didn't address that anyways so my not reading it is irrelevant.)

You are waaaaaaaaaaayyyy off about me not being able to see past my own opinions...you'd couldn't have it more wrong there. It's hilariously wrong, actually. I'm actually flattered because I've gone through a time (around here actually) where most people thought I didn't have any of my own opinions...so sweet. I've fixed that obviously.

I didn't really enforce my opinions that strongly...I didn't impose them....I didn't attack you saying you ARE a certain type and thats that....so having so much anger and hostility towards me doesn't really make sense. It shows that you feel threatened...which also doesn't make any sense. I never understand why people become threatened when I merely state ideas or notions of opinions....the world falls down whenever I REALLY state a solid opinion....its just MY thought....just Khamelion's random thought....it isn't that serious...it isn't the end of the world....the world isn't out to get you....calm responses work too. There isn't any need for a fight quite yet....its like only one side of this is a heated argument.

I could care less about your type, I just think it's fun to reply to your hostile attacks every so often...at least a little stimulating. Fuck off and leave you alone? If I remember correctly...you're the one who picked on my comment in the first place....
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

if we aren't, my inner nature comes out.
    Your inner nature = your type = INFp.

Your type isn't the stereotype you identify with.

You soaking up emotions, and then releasing them like you describe. Is typical of INFp's, they have IP-temperament. INFp's aren't ENFj's.

i like the esfps, but my default mode of interactions is hateful.
    Default mode of interaction of an INTp would be unemotional and trying to get along with people they like. Despite how hateful they are. INFp's however are emotionally motivated.

all of the esfps on this board are also fi subtypes
    No they are not. At least Hoodrat seems more like Se-subtype. And actually it's very inaccurate to try to claim any of them being of any subtype, we can't realistically be even certain about their type. To you types seem to be what you want them to be, not a matter of realistic observation. And then you make half-assed attempts at Ti to explain something with these false sub-typings.

The ones you describe as "ESFp-se" are ESTp's. The ones you describe as "ESFp-fi" actually seemed more like ESFp-se, ESFp-fi are the ones who are comparitevely nicer and less likely to have fun at other people's expence. Both subtype ESFp's appear just as "dumb" if we speak of a generic person of some type.

Your speaking about subtypes and attempt to explain something, is cop-out so you don't have to face the facts. Subtype difference's in reality won't make that much of difference in relationships, nowhere near to extent that you describe.

This hyperawareness of my own negative tendencies (along with others) brings out their honest expression.
    That is Fe. INTp's are very little aware of their negative tendencies. And even more clueless about others.

Vaguely, I consider everyone a killer.. where killing takes the form of different socially acceptable actions which lead to the subtle destruction of the world in favor of the self.
    Using word killer has only a emotional content and is an attempt to influence other peoples emotions. You are trying cause some kind of "uh oh he considers people to be KILLERS!"-reaction. I consider a person to be area of quark and fundamental force interactions, perceived as a person by another similar area

Past observations have proven to me the more intelligent a person is, the more variant their personality.
    You consider them to more intelligent on what basis? I doubt that variance of personality has nothing to do with intelligence.

This is true for ILI; and particularly the Ni subtype, where their internal perceptions are all that define their personality (they are unanchored by the external world.. they only look inside for what is real.. where inside means the consistency of what is outside).
    That's just as true to many other introverted types. INFp's included.

Basically, ILIs are all pretty different from one another.
    Perhaps, but being the same or different isn't in the question here. But what functions you mostly use, are strong at, what you value and your intertype relations.

With gamma, I get along extraordinarily with the perceiving subtype subquadra... with the judging subtypes, I am left with the impression they are in a delusional static state of opinion.
    That's what INFp could say, unlikely to how INTp would see it. As for INFp it's comparative & semi-dual (perceivers) VS supervisery & benefactory (judgers).

I am also in the top .001 percent of the population in terms of intelligence.
    And still haven't learned to write well enough to even pass the required standards of Finnish high-schoolers? You just have delusions of grandeur.

since you are actively trying to overthrow my self-typing via internet observations and a clearly self-centered understanding of the concept of ILI; most of which seems more socially oriented then theoretically oriented;
    Just more emotionality there, and very little factuality. You just jumped on those conclusions because you liked it better that way. As you should see, my claims are based on your consistent behaviour, and on how you describe yourself. Can't you see how well everything just clicks on you being INFp?

If it was matter of some other function than Fe, I would agree that it's just matter of internet observations.

Writing emotional long-winding posts, with unrealistic assumptions about the world based on your beliefs. Isn't going convince that you are Te-creative.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-26-2008 at 05:56 PM.

INTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Your inner nature = your type = INFp.

Your type isn't the stereotype you identify with.

You soaking up emotions, and then releasing them like you describe. Is typical of INFp's, they have IP-temperament. INFp's aren't ENFj's.
    This had been my suspicion as well.
    Johari Box

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah... it is good that you are not an idiot hostage_child. Yes growing up with my conflict definitely had a significant effect on my default social mode of behavior; and I can look at the way I interact in that conflict situation and see it generalize to life and this board clearly. One problem with what is happening here is the subtypes remain undefined, and alot of stupid things are being said on the fundamental thinking processes of ILI. most of the problem comes from people using outdated and incorrect functional models for understanding a type. like the word "te creative"... that term has been in the linguistic trash can ever since this realization which I am about to explain to you. I decided to address ~one~ of your points, (talking to warlord and others now) for a few reasons.... first, to show you just how much I would have to fucking talk to clearly address the issue at hand. Two, that perhaps I may hit like 3 or 5 or 7 birds with one stone on this one. Three, because I am trying to to care less about what morons on this board think.. in a way this is a test of my mental power. Four, because this point you made seemed like the most valid cause of confusion.
    If you actually want to discuss this, then read. If you just want to be a dumbass, then go talk to someone else. This is all I have to say to you. k

This is basically how it goes, and I will explain this in a number of different ways so you can pick which type of explanation is most readily understandable. ILI-Ni has (Te) thinking as a collecting function which creates a coherent impression organized by Ni. After Ni organizes these atomic parts the system is left as a wholistic Fi impression, the coherence of which suggests further transformation. This is what you are seeing me display; and when I am speaking emotions, it means that I don't feel like explaining something which could take about 10 pages to explain, so I am using a blanket statement to convey a general sense of meaning. I could explain it, I understand it in my mind.. I am just not. k?. With ILI-Te the information transformation occurs in an opposite direction... from internal reality into external reality; Fi impressions are sifted through via Ni and compared as Te states of relational affairs. This creates an awareness of possible flows of time relevant to the subjective impressions of the viewer. The ideal flow of circumstances is chosen in the name of the preservation of Fi, and is a synthesis of what is most agreeable in a Te relational sense. (again, preservation vs. adaptation as I talked about in the previous post)
    K, that is a general overview. here is the functional readout:
    ILI-Ni: Si>Te/Fe>Ni/Ne>Fi/Ti>Se
    ILI-Te: Ne>Fi/Fe>Ni/Si>Te/Ti>Se
    K?
    What I have just shown you has been theoretically proven.
    one process starts with Te awareness, the other ends with it.
    So you can see how the idea of a "creative function" is kind of idiotic. The word creative will mean something different in two different situations, depending on whether the system at hand is progressive or regressive.
    Now onward to describe the ILI-Ni thought process in specific language to make it even more clear, and to show precisely how this applies to my behavior.

ILI-Ni mentally processes relations (Te) between atomic parts of information (Si) (Si>Te) into coherent circumstances (Fe) in the name of the dissipation of this systems internal conflict (Ni). The success of this process (Ne) is interpreted as an impression of consonance or dissonance (Fi). The consonance or dissonance of this system is determined by the wholistic relations of atomic parts within this system (Ti), and the extent to which these relations are altogether coherent (Se).

K, see that up there? Now... when I make emotional sweeping statements, it is because I am making a comment on the general consonance or dissonance of what is happening, and I am not taking the time to draw up the specific details on things. I usually do this for a few reasons, which I mentioned earlier and you completely ignored. 1: what is being discussed is too stupid for me to warrant fully analyzing it by breaking it down into atomic parts, as I am doing now. Look at how much time this is taking me?. 2: no one will listen to me if I do do this 3: If I do not have the motivation and energy to do this efficiently, I feel like I cannot do it at all.

See what I am doing now? I have taken like 20 minutes to specifically detail my thought process. I have started with atomic parts Si/Te and created a coherent impression Fe/Ni as described in the ILI-Ni functional process. This is typically a process which occurs internally; and in situations where the subject matter is simple, it can be easily transfered into reality or detailed / broken down into atomics facts; and from here there is a language created which can be defined and shared within a short period of time. However, i do not do this for everything; and particularly on this board or in complex situations. If the system at hand is too large; the atomic facts too many, then it would take like I said at least 10 pages to properly construct a way of speaking to even begin to say something.
    Often times when my Ti is not making sense, it is because the system has not been fully elaborated on.
    This is, again, giving the false impression of poorly developed Ti. Essentially it IS poorly developed Ti, but this is not happening because of a functional/mechanical issue.. but because of a situational / content issue.
    The subject matter is too elaborate and complex to be talked about.
    As you can see with the functional readout, for ILI-Ni Ti is a wholistic relation of the atomic parts of the system at hand. Ti will, linguisticly, be expressed as arbitrary self-affirmation. You can imagine if you were listening to a song, but you only heard the music playing half of the time.. the other half was silent, and the song was never "fully written"... the song will make no sense. This does not mean the song couldn't make sense; or that what you do hear are bad riffs, but it just means that it has not yet been fully written. It is the same with my Ti. In the ideal state of language, ILI-Nis Ti would make sense because every word used would be fully clarified and fleshed out first. Again, not possible in this situation for two reasons: the complexity of the task at hand, and personal motivation / energy constraints.
    K, there you have it. I have just coherently explained all your gripes and delusions about socionics and how you are confused on my type.
    If you do not get it still, then go-fuck-yourself and leave me alone.
    I am not going to bother to explain that one out for you.
    If you have an opinion about my type, please shut the fuck up about it because you have me fantasizing about sawing your head off and playing with your blood... not even joking, you don't realize how this gets to me. It makes me feel like going on a killing spree
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-26-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    So far the only people I've clearly identified as not liking me have been LIEs.
    My closest and dearest friend is an ILI. We've been best friends since we were very young.
    I don't think most ESEs realize when people do not like them.... From my point of view (as well as the point of view of an IEI and ILI friend) they're in a delusional fantasy world resembling something along the lines of that Disney World ride "it's a small world after all"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you crazedrat. This was the post I was looking for. I can let this thread die now... sheesh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ hoodrat- i think the text convo is cute and im sure the ILI is secretly loving it deep down... keep up the good work! haha

@logos- wtf liveandletdie?! u broke my heart... i thought we made huge steps in our relationship logos... i guess unconscious duals means nothing to u! oh yeah btw one thing ive noticed with u- just cuz u dont think sumthin is funny doesn't mean it isn't funny.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    I don't think most ESEs realize when people do not like them.... From my point of view (as well as the point of view of an IEI and ILI friend) they're in a delusional fantasy world resembling something along the lines of that Disney World ride "it's a small world after all"

When did we start talking about ESEs...?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    When did we start talking about ESEs...?
    idk but that post is beautiful hahaha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    @logos- wtf liveandletdie?! u broke my heart... i thought we made huge steps in our relationship logos... i guess unconscious duals means nothing to u! oh yeah btw one thing ive noticed with u- just cuz u dont think sumthin is funny doesn't mean it isn't funny.
    Typo. I understand that latter part, but that will not stop me from pointing out something which I fail to see the full humor in.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typo. I understand that latter part, but that will not stop me from pointing out something which I fail to see the full humor in.
    thats fine, but u shudn't say that its not funny just cuz u don't find it funny. on a lighter note... LOVE U LOGOS!!!!!!!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I thought it was ok. Kind of funny given the context. Not groundbreaking or witty, but pretty ok. Gammas have their morbid sense of humor anyway, heh.
    muahahahaha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    thats fine, but u shudn't say that its not funny just cuz u don't find it funny. on a lighter note...
    I would think that a voicing of my clear likes or dislikes () would be something that Gamma quadra would appreciate or understand?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think that a voicing of my clear likes or dislikes () would be something that Gamma quadra would appreciate or understand?
    oh no i actually i like that u said that ... that wasnt what bothered me. it bothered me that u said it wasn't funny though cuz sum people may find it funny.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it funny.

ah... it is good that you are not an idiot hostage_child. Yes growing up with my conflict definitely had a significant effect on my default social mode of behavior; and I can look at the way I interact in that conflict situation and see it generalize to life and this board clearly. One problem with what is happening here is the subtypes remain undefined, and alot of stupid things are being said on the fundamental thinking processes of ILI. most of the problem comes from people using outdated and incorrect functional models for understanding a type. like the word "te creative"... that term has been in the linguistic trash can ever since this realization which I am about to explain to you. I decided to address ~one~ of your points, (talking to warlord and others now) for a few reasons.... first, to show you just how much I would have to fucking talk to clearly address the issue at hand. Two, that perhaps I may hit like 3 or 5 or 7 birds with one stone on this one. Three, because I am trying to to care less about what morons on this board think.. in a way this is a test of my mental power. Four, because this point you made seemed like the most valid cause of confusion.
    If you actually want to discuss this, then read. If you just want to be a dumbass, then go talk to someone else. This is all I have to say to you. k

This is basically how it goes, and I will explain this in a number of different ways so you can pick which type of explanation is most readily understandable. ILI-Ni has (Te) thinking as a collecting function which creates a coherent impression organized by Ni. After Ni organizes these atomic parts the system is left as a wholistic Fi impression, the coherence of which suggests further transformation. This is what you are seeing me display; and when I am speaking emotions, it means that I don't feel like explaining something which could take about 10 pages to explain, so I am using a blanket statement to convey a general sense of meaning. I could explain it, I understand it in my mind.. I am just not. k?. With ILI-Te the information transformation occurs in an opposite direction... from internal reality into external reality; Fi impressions are sifted through via Ni and compared as Te states of relational affairs. This creates an awareness of possible flows of time relevant to the subjective impressions of the viewer. The ideal flow of circumstances is chosen in the name of the preservation of Fi, and is a synthesis of what is most agreeable in a Te relational sense. (again, preservation vs. adaptation as I talked about in the previous post)
    K, that is a general overview. here is the functional readout:
    ILI-Ni: Si>Te/Fe>Ni/Ne>Fi/Ti>Se
    ILI-Te: Ne>Fi/Fe>Ni/Si>Te/Ti>Se
    K?
    What I have just shown you has been theoretically proven.
    one process starts with Te awareness, the other ends with it.
    So you can see how the idea of a "creative function" is kind of idiotic. The word creative will mean something different in two different situations, depending on whether the system at hand is progressive or regressive.
    Now onward to describe the ILI-Ni thought process in specific language to make it even more clear, and to show precisely how this applies to my behavior.

ILI-Ni mentally processes relations (Te) between atomic parts of information (Si) (Si>Te) into coherent circumstances (Fe) in the name of the dissipation of this systems internal conflict (Ni). The success of this process (Ne) is interpreted as an impression of consonance or dissonance (Fi). The consonance or dissonance of this system is determined by the wholistic relations of atomic parts within this system (Ti), and the extent to which these relations are altogether coherent (Se).

K, see that up there? Now... when I make emotional sweeping statements, it is because I am making a comment on the general consonance or dissonance of what is happening, and I am not taking the time to draw up the specific details on things. I usually do this for a few reasons, which I mentioned earlier and you completely ignored. 1: what is being discussed is too stupid for me to warrant fully analyzing it by breaking it down into atomic parts, as I am doing now. Look at how much time this is taking me?. 2: no one will listen to me if I do do this 3: If I do not have the motivation and energy to do this efficiently, I feel like I cannot do it at all.

See what I am doing now? I have taken like 20 minutes to specifically detail my thought process. I have started with atomic parts Si/Te and created a coherent impression Fe/Ni as described in the ILI-Ni functional process. This is typically a process which occurs internally; and in situations where the subject matter is simple, it can be easily transfered into reality or detailed / broken down into atomics facts; and from here there is a language created which can be defined and shared within a short period of time. However, i do not do this for everything; and particularly on this board or in complex situations. If the system at hand is too large; the atomic facts too many, then it would take like I said at least 10 pages to properly construct a way of speaking to even begin to say something.
    Often times when my Ti is not making sense, it is because the system has not been fully elaborated on.
    This is, again, giving the false impression of poorly developed Ti. Essentially it IS poorly developed Ti, but this is not happening because of a functional/mechanical issue.. but because of a situational / content issue.
    The subject matter is too elaborate and complex to be talked about.
    As you can see with the functional readout, for ILI-Ni Ti is a wholistic relation of the atomic parts of the system at hand. Ti will, linguisticly, be expressed as arbitrary self-affirmation. You can imagine if you were listening to a song, but you only heard the music playing half of the time.. the other half was silent, and the song was never "fully written"... the song will make no sense. This does not mean the song couldn't make sense; or that what you do hear are bad riffs, but it just means that it has not yet been fully written. It is the same with my Ti. In the ideal state of language, ILI-Nis Ti would make sense because every word used would be fully clarified and fleshed out first. Again, not possible in this situation for two reasons: the complexity of the task at hand, and personal motivation / energy constraints.
    K, there you have it. I have just coherently explained all your gripes and delusions about socionics and how you are confused on my type.
    If you do not get it still, then go-fuck-yourself and leave me alone.
    I am not going to bother to explain that one out for you.
    If you have an opinion about my type, please shut the fuck up about it because you have me fantasizing about sawing your head off and playing with your blood... not even joking, you don't realize how this gets to me. It makes me feel like going on a killing spree
    No, you obviously don't understand jack shit. Which is the reason why can't type yourself, or anyone else correctly. Try learning the basic socionics first.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-27-2008 at 10:11 PM.

INTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I found it funny.
    Be quiet. No you didn't.

Look at the shiny object instead:
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be quiet. No you didn't.

Look at the shiny object instead:
    shiny! shiny! ooooo!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ME RUN INTO SHINY THING

*runs into shiny thing*

<BANG!>

*unconscious*
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha. oh, i guess that's all you can tell me is it? not even one specific detail on why I am wrong? i like your reply "try learning basic socionics". First instinct: reiterate what he has read. Here is basically your problem- you prefer to have others do your thinking for you; and then use their thinking to the best of your ability. the first thing you look at when you read something is the stamp it has on it. I write something, and you don't recognize or see your accepted stamp of approval on it, so what i have to say is thrown in the trash can. the note is not even read properly. (assuming you could read it properly. I really don't think so)

well, in any case, if not being "ILI" means (just for the purposes of this board and what ILI is thought of as here... this is not reality) ahem.. MEANS that I don't have to mentally associate myself with a fuckwad like you, then I guess I'm alright with that right now. There are only like 5 intelligent people on this entire forum anyway, and none of them are going to be questioning my type. So i guess i can handle not having a proper identity to speak from with the rest of you. because i don't really need to speak with you.. it will accomplish nothing. so in conclusion, I'm done here
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-27-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crazedrat, I'm trying to understand your system.

Why/how does Te operate in the context of Si (Si>Te)... when Si is a weaker and unvalued function?
    What I have written up there is a different way of notating what we already know.
    It is an atomic functional notation. It is useful for seeing the overall relations between funtions without being confused by muddling words. I will try and explain how this relates to other ways of thinking about socionics.
    ILI-Ni: Si>Te, Fe>Ni, Ne>Fi, Ti>Se

The first thing which needs to be understood about this, is that a functions strength (or coherence) takes on a dual nature relative to its paired function (Si>Te is a function pair). Si atomic objects are transformed into Te relations. Think of the transformation which is occuring. There is a focus on the development of Te relations from objects Si; but where this focus is directed toward the development of Te, it is directed away from the development of Si. Si is not expanding. It is kind of an a-priori function here. It has not undergone a transformative process; and its role in the transformative process of Te makes this impossible for it. because of this it will remain relatively incoherent. Te will be a function which is oppositely coherent- but coherent within the context of Si.
    Where the emphasis is on generating Te relations between Si, there is equally no emphasis on generating Si perceptions. Si becomes a "starving" function because it is "feeding" Te.
    A real life example of this would be if I had an elaborate understanding of enneagram, and how the system of enneagram works... how each little part relates to the others, what they mean in terms of enneagram, etc. ..., but what I didn't realize was that enneagram did not completely explain personality.. and that there was alot more to human beings than just enneagram.
    ...I could explain alot more if you're actually interested.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-28-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, in your model of ILI-Ni, Te is about the rearranging of an Si structure?
    Yes that is true.

And this all happens in the context of Fe>Ni.

I would say it is done "in the name of Fe>Ni"; that the Te objects generated are creating Fe impressions which ILI is trying to arrange coherently in Ni. ILI is actively undermining existing states of Fe in the name of Ni.

The Fi HA serves within the context of Ne to form attachments to the novell ideas generated by the ego block?

Fi informs ILI of the coherence or incoherence of what has been created. The extent to which Ne is free to vary within what has been created, is the extent to which Fi has consonance; and with ILI, remains neutral.. doesn't set off an alarm. The attachment you are describing would have more to do with Ti>Se. ILI will be bound to a particular state of affairs (Se) where Ti is coherent. Hence their tendencies toward isolationism (in both thought and behavior)
    inserted & edited

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast