Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: INTp-ESFp duality discussion and examples (ILI-SEE)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no benefit besides love, which I can see, which I can't provide for myself... without the need of an "other" ...

As for the other guy, well... you will eat your pie, but then later you will have terrible diahrrea.. explosive, painful diahrrea which lasts for quite a while.. I will simply starve to death. Not a very good solution either way really, ....except to brainwash an SEE-Se, which is my master plan. SEE does not give you diahrrea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That depends. They do have the capacity to spike your food with Ducolax.

Lookin' forward to the diarrhea. And starving yourself could be a good way to get into that anorexia clinic.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn View Post
    Whatever floats your boat. :sigh: I can't say i haven't been there.

But what makes your pessimissm more real than others' hope? I could argue this point on a historical/statistical basis, but I'm not in tthe mood. Go drown yourself in your delusional darkness. Sink into the black, yawning pit you think is reality. I'll go do the same, only ill eat pie too.
    To clarify: The pessimissm comes from my own experience, just like crazedrat has had relationships which weren't really the thing he was looking for. I probably got this pessimistic after I experienced duality. Every other relationship becomes pretty boring then, compared to duality.

Oke enough said for today, I'm returning to my black pit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like you guys.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFp-INTp duality - I've met my ILI dual

And it's been great! She's really fun to be around and we've been text joking around with one another constantly and I really think we're hitting it off and moving towards a more official "relationship."

However, I think she doesn't have a great self-image, and she asked me a few times for specific reasons why I liked her last night. I just told her stuff like "because you're hot!" and "because of your sparkling personality [sarcastically]".... but she said that wasn't good enough so I told her what she wanted to hear "because you're witty and not boring to be around" which is true.... but I don't have like... a list of REASONS for liking her (like i think she was looking for)... I just do.

When I complimented her on her looks, she'd keep saying things like "you don't get out much obviously" and stuff like that. It seems kind of silly for her to say that, but then again come to think of it I would be completely repulsed if a girl KNEW she was hot shit and expected people to bow down to that.

She kept playing hard to get last night, but not seriously, just in a joking way which is REALLY fun to me. At one point she pretended to be offended by something I said to her and went to the sofa on the other side of the room and called it the time out sofa. But as soon as she sat down I just got up and sat next to her again and started giving her hugs and kissing her (which she obviously liked)....

She really worried me towards the end of the night when things were winding down, she said something like "just to let you know, you probably shouldn't get too attached.... I mean... I just got out of a serious relationship at the beginning of the summer and I'm not really sure what I'm looking for right now... I mean... I don't know exactly what you're looking for... " then she stopped when she saw this completely horrified and hurt look on my face and said "yeah... but I guess it's too late for that...." She totally digs me.

But yeah! Score! Dual romance rocks and I highly recommend it. I can't wait to hang out with her more and get her to be herself more....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you feel duality in your pants?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"However, I think she doesn't have a great self-image, and she asked me a few times for specific reasons why I liked her last night. I just told her stuff like "because you're hot!" and "because of your sparkling personality [sarcastically]".... but she said that wasn't good enough so I told her what she wanted to hear "because you're witty and not boring to be around" which is true.... but I don't have like... a list of REASONS for liking her (like i think she was looking for)... I just do."

Just tell her that being around her causes a strong release of norepinephrine, phenylethylamine, dopamine, and serotonin into your body and that you'd very much like to strengthen your bond with her by experiencing a surge in oxytocin, endorphins, and dehydroepiandrosterone together. There is no way any ILI can resist such charming words, I have no doubt.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made out? And you boast on a forum? At the very least, in order to boast, you should post a video "of that kind"
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange View Post
    "However, I think she doesn't have a great self-image, and she asked me a few times for specific reasons why I liked her last night. I just told her stuff like "because you're hot!" and "because of your sparkling personality [sarcastically]".... but she said that wasn't good enough so I told her what she wanted to hear "because you're witty and not boring to be around" which is true.... but I don't have like... a list of REASONS for liking her (like i think she was looking for)... I just do."

Just tell her that being around her causes a strong release of norepinephrine, phenylethylamine, dopamine, and serotonin into your body and that you'd very much like to strengthen your bond with her by experiencing a surge in oxytocin, endorphins, and dehydroepiandrosterone together. There is no way any ILI can resist such charming words, I have no doubt.
    that was hilarious.

anyway, that girl really does sound like an ILI. I relate.
    But i don't think we play hard to get at all. it'll be so out of character if we weren't "playing" hard to get.
    I had the same experience with a male SEE.
    He was trying to woo me, and i just couldn't understand what he liked about me, all the reasons he gave just sounded pretty stupid to me at that moment.
    I totally understand when she said you don't get out much when you complimented on her looks. she's probably thinking that there's definitely people who look better than her, way better than her, and that reason wasn't good enough i guess.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im jealous
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it when people are with their duals. Even an EIE who I used to absolutely hate and wish the death of, I remember at work she was chatting to an older LSI there (there wasn't anything romantic between them or anything) and I thought they looked cute so to speak. Even though I hated her guts. Mainly because they were still inside her and not spilling out on the floor resulting from my attack with a battle axe. But one day...at which point someone comes across this post and calls the police on me, declaring me a deranged killer or something.

Anyway, where was I...about the whole playing hard to get, as far as I'm aware I've never tried to be hard to get, although whether or not I actually was, I've no idea. If that makes sense. I dunno. I can see how a lot of the behaviour can be attributed to ILIness, although I think some of it's more related to the insecurity/poor self image that you mentioned. Things like turning away comments about how nice she looks for example, I've seen in people of all types that just have poor self image. But yeah, congratulations on finding your dual. Like I said earlier before I went off on that tangent, I love it when dual couples get together.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange View Post
    Just tell her that being around her causes a strong release of norepinephrine, phenylethylamine, dopamine, and serotonin into your body and that you'd very much like to strengthen your bond with her by experiencing a surge in oxytocin, endorphins, and dehydroepiandrosterone together.
    Now, where are hiding all the women who talk like that.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the comments!

Yeah, I don't have any photos or videos (wtf?) yet.... but take my word for it she is HOT.

Since this is a socionics forum, I should stick to the personality stuff I guess.... but yeah, there hasn't really been a dull moment with her. She's extremely witty, and it makes me feel really good to find someone that someone appreciates my somewhat insensitive and deranged sense of humor....

We're becoming more and more spontaneous the more we're around eachother, and we really do feed off eachother's energy. Upon first interaction with her, I'd think about saying some completely off the wall shit, and then restrain myself thinking that I might weird her out or something, but I'm finding that she actually likes that crap and it's great having a place to really let out a side of myself I don't get to show that often....

Like I said... duality: highly recommended.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread annoys me highly...just thought I'd get that out there. Nothing personal.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's just testing your loyalty to her.. she likes you alot, but ILIs (i can tell you this, since i am one ..) take alot of reassurance before they genuinely "believe" the person. Constantly aware of bullshit.. But I think it won't be much of a problem for you guys. Just don't get confused about it. I doubt you will though. Amazing you actually found a female ILI... that is rare.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    That was maybe a bit over-much.

:stops thread stalking:

=P
    nah...thats just how he speaks to me. pretty mild compared to normal actually.

you know how i love to do that crazedrat...don't tempt me....i'll really have to avoid mirrors on the way to bed.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha I completely identify with the description also I too remember asking early in the relationship what it was my SEE bf had liked about me when he asked me out--and not being able to get a satisfying answer. I can see taking mock offense also--making a game of sorts with affecting those kinds of emotions.
    enjoy duality, and please keep posting. I can relate to so much of this, and anecdotes like yours do a lot to further discussion of socionics in a practical way, that the abstract 'pure theory' threads don't.
    ILI

¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
    ¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión;
    una sombra, una ficción
    y el mayor bien es pequeño.
    ¡Que toda la vida es sueño
    y los sueños, sueños son!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    This thread annoys me highly...just thought I'd get that out there. Nothing personal.
    I love blunt honesty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I love blunt honesty.
    Well I'm full of it....being opinionated and what not.

Sometimes....I wish everyone would just get the hell over themselves and be strait-forward. Think of all the stress it would cut out....why would anyone want to go through prolonged stress when you can just have a serious moment or two, get everything said, and move on. I am more activated by this sort of interaction. I don't see it as cold, unpleasant or...anything of that nature.

And okay, I'll say something about the thread. Lalalala nice for you duality ftw have fun. GOGOGOGOGOGOGO
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am happy for you. next time i kiss a girl i am going to get on the internet and tell everyone about it but only after a minimum of five minutes of triumphant air humping.
    Last edited by olduser; 07-23-2008 at 08:45 AM.
    asd

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm full of it....being opinionated and what not.

Sometimes....I wish everyone would just get the hell over themselves and be strait-forward. Think of all the stress it would cut out....why would anyone want to go through prolonged stress when you can just have a serious moment or two, get everything said, and move on. I am more activated by this sort of interaction. I don't see it as cold, unpleasant or...anything of that nature.
    so does that mean you enjoy people telling you to go fuck yourself?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    so does that mean you enjoy people telling you to go fuck yourself?
    Good question...

...not necessarily because when someone says that, it is usually an emotional reaction to my being serious or blunt about something (example: this thread). When you say that, normally you'd think I would prod to see WHY you want me to fuck myself, WHY are you having this emotional reaction. When all along, you could have just said what really upset you, rather than emotionally lashing out in attempt to just hurt me for what I said without explaining what I did to deserve it in the first place. Follow?

Now, if you have no reason for saying "Go fuck yourself." and just want to go on a hurting rampage because you don't feel like dealing with you're actually thoughts and feelings rationally....than yes, I prefer you to do that. So long as thats all it is, and no more nagging or nonsense afterwards.

OR you can just tell the other person how they are wrong....and maybe insult their intelligence subtly so they can't tell at the end.

I personally take the 3rd route...and occasionally the 2nd when I don't care enough and just want to get the person out of my space.

Insulting and calling names in order to get a reaction so that you can get the persons attention enough to tell them what you think is wrong with them is just plain annoying. If you have something to say, just say it all at once. Add the insults if you want, if you're that angry. But using it as a tool to get attention is bothersome and a waste of time for both parties.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm.. but you said that you like people to say why they have a problem, didnt you? Does it only apply to when people are angry with you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Text Convo with me and ILI dual

Me (while in a mischievous mood): xoxo!!

ILI: OMG can you please find some other girl to lavish with your affection?

Me: Never.

ILI: Stalker

Me: cutie

ILI: I'm being serious

Me:

(5 minutes later)

Me: Can I hang out with you tomorrow night?

ILI: Don't you need to be hanging out with your sister? [my sister is going to be in town for a visit tomorrow and i'm supposed to be hanging out with her at some point]

Me: You didn't flat out say no. i can work with that. have fun today. I'll leave you alone
    (she was about to start work)

----

Yeah she's a hoot....

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does xoxo mean?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Text Convo with me and ESI friend

ESI: Wanna do dinner?

Me: Sure.

ESI: Ready?

Me: Yes. On my way.

Yeah, my ESI friend is absolutely hysterical. Perhaps this was not the best conversation I could have used to demonstrate that.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logos, you don't understand gamma humor. go away.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    Logos, you don't understand gamma humor. go away.
    I hate it when people tell me what foods I like or do not like, and I sure as hell hate it now when you are telling me what I can or cannot understand. Are you in any position to tell me what I can or cannot understand? Do you even know what gamma humor is?

(I miss liveandletdie.)
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you strong types crack me up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p.s. i noticed you just edited your post.... not very confident standing up to people are we?....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you strong types crack me up
    Hopefully into pieces.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen bud, I don't EXPECT you to understand gamma humor. Just don't come in here raining on my parade because you don't get something. And by the way, this is MY FUCKING PARADE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen bud, I don't EXPECT you to understand gamma humor. Just don't come in here raining on my parade because you don't get something. And by the way, this is MY FUCKING PARADE
    Oh I get it, but I just find it so-so and not necessarily something exclusive to a Gamma conversation. And by the way, I'M THE FUCKING RAIN!
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me (while in a mischievous mood): xoxo!!

ILI: OMG can you please find some other girl to lavish with your affection?

Me: Never.

ILI: Stalker

Me: cutie

ILI: I'm being serious

Me:

(5 minutes later)

Me: Can I hang out with you tomorrow night?

ILI: Don't you need to be hanging out with your sister? [my sister is going to be in town for a visit tomorrow and i'm supposed to be hanging out with her at some point]

Me: You didn't flat out say no. i can work with that. have fun today. I'll leave you alone
    (she was about to start work)

----

Yeah she's a hoot....
    i'm missing something.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    i'm missing something.
    That's because only Gamma understands the rich humor that just seethes out of it.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Seriously, chill, dude.

Do you think the ILI found your texting convo funny?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Wow. Seriously, chill, dude.

Do you think the ILI found your texting convo funny?
    Who cares? We both like eachother. Get your alpha outta here... sheesh. Do only alphas comment on my threads???

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares? We both like eachother. Get your alpha outta here... sheesh. Do only alphas comment on my threads???
    Hm... I do know quite a bit about ILIs, though, seeing as how I seem to be constantly surrounded by them. You may want to keep me around.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Hm... I do know quite a bit about ILIs, though, seeing as how I seem to be constantly surrounded by them. You may want to keep me around.
    Aren't they your conflictor? You must feel really ihibited. You should find some new friends...

Well, actually, from experience with the ESE I know (who i'm actually signing a year long lease with in august, gulp!), more likely you probably just speak how you feel all the time and annoy the crap out of the ILI.... poor ILI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry. I didn't know that Gammas run exclusive, aristocratic country clubs.
    Johari Box

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast