Thread: Are Australian and Hispanic cultures ESFj in nature?

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are Australian and Hispanic cultures ESFj in nature?

discussion

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The entire attempt to type countries or cultures is ludicrous. It really annoys me.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    The entire attempt to type countries or cultures is ludicrous. It really annoys me.
    I have to agree.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as;dflkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I live in the third most segregated city in the world, the primary ethnicities being Hispanic, white, black, and Hmong. I have a very close friend who is Autralian, and throwing all of the aforementioned arguements against this whole concept aside (and I do agree with these arguements, BTW), I don't see any similarities between the stereotypical Australian and the stereotypical Hispanic.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

fdfgsad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    "hispanic culture" is kind of a misnomer. i mean every country = entirely different.
    Actually someone explained that to me just a few days ago. Weird.

I swear I'm psychic . . . psycho . . . psychotic . . .
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, it's more than just a slight generalisation to suggest that all people who belong to one culture will have a tendency towards the same personality type. Just because a culture or a nation favours certain attributes over others does not mean that all other personality attributes will be eliminated to the extent that all people in the said cohort are identical in personality.

However, if you're talking about cultural stereotypes, where everyone in a nation or culture is reduced to a single, cut-out figure, then I assume that types could be put to those.

I'm not sure about Hispanic culture, but in relation to stereotypical Australian culture, I would suggest ESFP as opposed to ESFJ. Being Australian myself, I notice that the local self-designated archetype centres around an extroverted, friendly and hedonistic individual of anglo-saxon origin (usually male, wearing a cork hat, holding a stubbie, and watching football) who eschews tradition and gives everything a go.

However, this ostensibly leaves out many facets of the Australian population, such as females, aborigines and does not take into account regional variations between the Australian states, or personal preferences, and thus is not particularly accurate when determining the personalities within a culture or nation as a whole