Thread: Socionics types and linguistic abilities

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types and linguistic abilities

Please can you help me to find out: which type has the best linguistic abilities?

Which type finds it easiest to make complicated language into everyday sort of language?

Creepy-EKos

You should rephrase that question to ask "which type do you think has the best linguistic abilities" as few on this site can probably answer that answer with any certainty, given their lack of controlled expereince.

Secondly, context is key as a simple "GO!" from an ESTp will suffice in a battel situation, where as an INFj might be able to console someone going through a crisis better than any type

in my opinion is a huge advantage for debators as it seems to allow abstract connections to surface in fluid manner which can be extremely advantgeous to the speaker. When this is combined with logic as in ENTPs and INTjs, an abilty to argue topics bot related to the F function is great, and it often allows them to dominate the flow of a conversation

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betty Lou Leaver defended a dissertation on this problem; if you search for her name in any search machine, e.g. Google or Yahoo, you will probably find some excerpts.

As for me, I know 3 languages as an interpreter/translator (English, German, Dutch + my native Russian and Ukrainian), and some more just superficially. But I am not NF, I am NT.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type and linguistic abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Please can you help me to find out: which type has the best linguistic abilities?

Which type finds it easiest to make complicated language into everyday sort of language?
    Sorry every one. It seems as thought I should have made my question clearer.

All I am really trying to find out is:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that would be xSFp.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't like to believe the amount on the languages a psyche can handle has no effect on it's skills but sewing concepts can be done quite cunningly by a single-language speaker as well.

It's your empathy on the other's perception and your intuition about the ways to reach it what makes you a real snake about pulling the right string of the yarnball and make your interlocutor fakely believe it has found it him/herself... Complex grammar is Ne's fault, and it's efficiency is Fi's...

I admit we INFj's are evil... and xNFx in general with that...

Quote Originally Posted by EKos
    Secondly, context is key as a simple "GO!" from an ESTp will suffice in a battel situation, where as an INFj might be able to console someone going through a crisis better than any type
    Besides... I can't stop feeling amused at why many people tend to think all INFj's are well-wishing becase they're kind as if they won't think about themselves; pretty much may be the opposite...

I'm not sure at all about who's good and who's not, so...
    maybe two philosophers... INTj/ENTp and two sophists.... INFj/ENFp prone to complex speech with it's differences...
    And maybe two clarifiers... ISTj/ESTp and two persuaders... ISFj/ESFp prone to simple yet effective easy-to-understand speech...
    What you think?

(I hypothesized brings grammar complexity, does accuracy and does persuasiveness)

I do speak spanish (native), english (second) and japanese (third) languages, and really have a thing for learning them...
    Balzac

Creepy-Monica

Koneko,

Are you INFJ intuitive subtype?

I always enjoy reading things by the intuitive group. They write in a way that differs from the ethical subtype...but I find it to be very interesting and insightful.

The Braintypes website (which is a great site...follow the money, this site MUST be quite accurate...the guy is onto something...even has VI, although he focuses on body movements...) says that NF types are skilled in language.
    I think that the braintypes guy is very innovative but once he discovers subtypes he'll be in the $$$. His typing will be much more accurate.

For instance he says that INFJ's are left brained but as an ethical subtype I'm very much right brained. So I think it'll be interesting if he examined how the brains of each subtype differ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monica
    I think that the braintypes guy is very innovative but once he discovers subtypes he'll be in the $$$. His typing will be much more accurate.

For instance he says that INFJ's are left brained but as an ethical subtype I'm very much right brained. So I think it'll be interesting if he examined how the brains of each subtype differ...
    Ha! That's what I just wrote about him here. He is not intuitive! He's an ISTJ! Everything he knows is from what he descibes as empirical observations, not intuition. And actually, he has discovered subtypes for himself (he calls them "sub-classifications"). I read that he illustrates 3 or 4 diffrent sub-classifications within each type. This has also stengthened my belief in subtypes, because both Socioncs and BrainTypes use them.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who knows

Koneko,

Are you INFJ intuitive subtype?
    Yap, my wife is an Ethical Psychologst and I'm an Intuitive Teacher.

As far as for what ~side~ means on the braintypes page their INFj's seem to be Myers-Briggs ones, so ego functions should be corresponding with the BCAR-INFP "Idealist" most, althought... personally I'm more in favor of believing BCAL-INFp(MBTI)/INFj(Socionics)... since socionics places the rational on the First function, whereas MBTI does on the extravert function... depending on your subtype you'll spend extra time on your secondary side but the first function will be at the start of any intellection so I would swap assignments there, unless being the function an extravert one shall mean it's used "more"? Insane bothwards, but order pfererence sounds like a more decent indicator of skill development ^^;; But I dunno, it's me against the world if I say so, so anyone with more than just concept sewing from a lazy seat like me can make more sense ^^;
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo wrote:

I think that would be xSFp.

My brother is an ESFp, and I have a couple of ISFP friends. All in all, when it comes to launguage abilities, the folks of these types (that I know) are rather...... not good. Thats putting it lightly, from my experience. Most of them would probly have trouble understanding the complicated language in the first place. I've also seen my brother write, and my ISFP friend tried song lyrics. Great musician.... NOT lyricist. I mean no offence to you if you are an xSFP, thats just what I've seen in my experience in these types. I suppose they could be good... anythings possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mean that xSFPs are the best speakers. I was just answering Hugo's question. I think xSFPs are the best at using everyday, common language. They're probably the best at using street language or what's hot. ENFPs might be the best speakers, though.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

I think that your correct in the fact that SPs would be the very best at learning a new language.... but from what I've seen I think NFs would have a more defined voice throughout their writing when writing creatively throughout their primary language.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was me above.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I am a horrible debater because such things are often won on presence, information flooding, and manipulation of the audience. When I speak on topics I often pause and ENTxs often take advantage of this to try to either throw me off track or make the audience believe my opinion is speculative and so forth. INTjs are not good debaterts imo.
    I'm inclined to agree. That's been my experience. I don't think quickly on my feet when talking or in front of people. But when I'm alone in a quiet setting, I'm quite a rapid thinker. I can do really well on timed tests.

Laura
    INTj, mixed subtype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type and linguistic abilities

I'm pretty good at that I think. At school, when we did 45 min essays in class, my NiFe friend would write 5 pages, and I would write 1 1/2 pages, and we would both get similar grades. The teacher usually said I was clear and concise. Once I grasp a concept I try to express it in the clearest way I can come up with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my personal experience, the NF types have the easiest time with foreign languages. They may not be the most skilled, but they are the most interested. And, with time, they can become quite proficient in foreign languages, to the point where even natives can't distinguish them. Such as my English. People are usually surprised when I tell them that it's not my native language.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)