Thread: Word group test

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Word group test

My last test didn't work as well as I thought it would. Please tell me if this one works. If it doesn't, please tell me why. Thank you.

PART ONE

Below are 2 groups of words. Each group is associated with specific personality traits. Which group of words is associated with your most BASIC personality trait?

A)
    Detail, technology, detailed study, facts, carefulness, acquisition, ranking and organising things into a certain order, accumulation, selection of the best version, purchase, logic order, economy, benefit, doing things in a certain order, efficiency, practical value.

B)
    Good relations, happiness, love, merriment, friendship, emotional lift, sociability, enthusiasm, close psychological distance with other people, laughter, kindness, optimism, positive emotions, a good mood.

Here are 2 more groups of words. Again, which group of words is associated with your most BASIC personality trait?

C)
    Pleasant sensations, pleasure, comfort, enjoyment, convenience, protection, beauty, defence, attractiveness, boldness, leisure, protecting my interests, good health, willpower.

D)
    Future, prospect, a change of the situation with time, possibility, prediction of the future, positive potential, foresight, new ideas, gradual development of events, putting forward hypotheses, imagination, theory, imperceptible changes, insight, originality.

PART TWO

If you chose A+D, which group of words is least connected with you personality?

a)
    Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, good health, pleasure, enjoyment.

b)
    Protection, defence, boldness, protecting my interests, willpower.

c)
    Good relations, love, friendship, sociability, close psychological distance with other people, kindness.

d)
    Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood.

If you chose A+C, which group of words is least connected with you personality?

a)
    Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction of the future, foresight, gradual development of events, imagination, imperceptible changes.

b)
    Prospect, possibility, positive potential, new ideas, putting forward hypotheses, theory, insight, originality.

c)
    Good relations, love, friendship, sociability, close psychological distance with other people, kindness.

d)
    Positive emotions, happiness, merriment, emotional lift, enthusiasm, laughter, optimism, a good mood.

If you chose B+D, which group of words is least connected with you personality?

a)
    Pleasant sensations, comfort, convenience, beauty, attractiveness, leisure, good health, pleasure, enjoyment.

b)

c)
    Detail, detailed study, carefulness, ranking and organising things into a certain order, selection of the best version, logic order.

d)
    Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, doing things in a certain order, practical value.

If you chose B+C, which group of words is least connected with you personality?

a)
    Future, a change of the situation with time, prediction of the future, foresight, gradual development of events, imagination, imperceptible changes.

b)
    Prospect, possibility, positive potential, new ideas, putting forward hypotheses, theory, insight, originality.

c)
    Detail, detailed study, carefulness, ranking and organising things into a certain order, selection of the best version, logic order.

d)
    Benefit, efficiency, technology, facts, acquisition, accumulation, purchase, economy, doing things in a certain order, practical value.

PART THREE

Below are 8 groups of words:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

If you chose ADd, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 2 and 5?

2, 5 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose ADb, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 1 and 6?

1, 6 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose ADc, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 1 and 6?

1, 6 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose ADa, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 2 and 5?

2, 5 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose ACd, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 2 and 7?

2, 7 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose ACb, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 1 and 8?

1, 8 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose ACc, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 1 and 8?

1, 8 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose ACa, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 2 and 7?

2, 7 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BDd, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 4 and 5?

4, 5 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BDb, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 3 and 6?

3, 6 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BDc, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 3 and 6?

3, 6 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BDa, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 4 and 5?

4, 5 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BCd, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 4 and 7?

4, 7 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BCb, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 3 and 8?

3, 8 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BCc, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 3 and 8?

3, 8 or difficult to choose (-)?

If you chose BCa, which group of words is most strongly associated with you personality, out of groups 4 and 7?

4, 7 or difficult to choose (-)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWERS

ADd5 INTp (Intuitive subtype)
    ADd2 INTp (Logical subtype)
    ADd- INTp (Split subtype)

ADb1 INTj (Logical subtype)
    ADb6 INTj (Intuitive subtype)
    ADb- INTj (Split subtype)

ADc6 ENTp (Intuitive subtype)
    ADc1 ENTp (Logical subtype)
    ADc- ENTp (Split subtype)

ADa2 ENTj (Logical subtype)
    ADa5 ENTj (Intuitive subtype)
    ADa- ENTj (Split subtype)

ACd7 ISTp (Sensing subtype)
    ACd2 ISTp (Logical subtype)
    ACd- ISTp (Split subtype)

ACb1 ISTj (Logical subtype)
    ACb8 ISTj (Sensing subtype)
    ACb- ISTj (Split subtype)

ACc8 ESTp (Sensing subtype)
    ACc1 ESTp (Logical subtype)
    ACc- ESTp (Split subtype)

ACa2 ESTj (Logical subtype)
    ACa7 ESTj (Sensing subtype)
    ACa- ESTj (Split subtype)

BDd5 INFp (Intuitive subtype)
    BDd4 INFp (Feeling subtype)
    BDd- INFp (Split subtype)

BDb3 INFj (Feeling subtype)
    BDb6 INFj (Intuitive subtype)
    BDb- INFj (Split subtype)

BDc6 ENFp (Intuitive subtype)
    BDc3 ENFp (Feeling subtype)
    BDc- ENFp (Split subtype)

BDa4 ENFj (Feeling subtype)
    BDa5 ENFj (Intuitive subtype)
    BDa- ENFj (Split subtype)

BCd7 ISFp (Sensing subtype)
    BCd4 ISFp (Feeling subtype)
    BCd- ISFp (Split subtype)

BCb3 ISFj (Feeling subtype)
    BCb8 ISFj (Sensing subtype)
    BCb- ISFj (Split subtype)

BCc8 ESFp (Sensing subtype)
    BCc3 ESFp (Feeling subtype)
    BCc- ESFp (Split subtype)

BCa4 ESFj (Feeling subtype)
    BCa7 ESFj (Sensing subtype)
    BCa- ESFj (Split subtype)

Creepy-

dfgdf

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no problem choosing A+D, but I had a problem with the following step.

I could see where the test was coming from but I could not honestly then pick b ( ) since I do not regard myself - rightly, I think - in lacking either boldness or willpower. My is miserable in the more sensorial aspects, no doubt about that.

But I do tend to depression sometimes, so I chose (d) due to the "good mood and optimist" bit.

So I ended up as ADd-, INTp split subtype.

But perhaps the test is a good one. I think that altogether I am more INTj than INTp from reading the socionics profiles and most other people's descriptions, however, I do identify with quite a bit of INTp stuff too.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a second thought, I could also have picked A+Da-, indeed, I think it makes more sense than my previous choice.

That would make me an ENTj split.

Again, I have trouble relating to the "lack of willpower" thing since in my life I have demonstrated far more willpower and boldness than most people I know.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ADc1: ENTp Logical Subtype.

Hmm...
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj who was tempted to choose ENTp (No subtypes BTW). It depends a lot on how you intepret the words actually. I have an iron will if needed, too bad that it isn't used most of the time when I am studying... If you intepret it as your general everyday situation, most likely INTj then.

Perhaps it is important to keep in mind that just the fact that something is mentioned in another profile, choosing another descriptions does not mean that you actually have the trait. Some of the ENTp words were tempting.... In fact "close psychologcal distance" makes me wonder if I am not leaning towards ENTp in this test.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK thanks everyone, I think i've got enough to tell me it doesn't work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the record . . . I am not taking another fucking test . . . well, I might take one of those . . . oh, excuse me fantasy over . . .

Not unless it's a fun test and not related to type.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BDd5 - INFp, Intuitive subtype
    You're closing in :wink: . At least I'm no longer ENTp...
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got BDc3

I have a hard time ranking things (ie "Which of these do you associate with LEAST"). But I guess it worked.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    OK thanks everyone, I think i've got enough to tell me it doesn't work.
    I like the format. After determining BD, I had a hard time deciding between c+d, so it's either ENFp (intuitive), or INFp (intuitive). Interesting!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ADb6.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this one actually worked for me:
    BDd4 INFp (Feeling subtype)

I really am not up on my subtype theory, s I can't vouch for that, but at least I got INFp.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as;dflkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)