Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ENTp jobs/careers/occupations: what do fellow ILEs do for a living?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTp jobs/careers/occupations: what do fellow ILEs do for a living?

I am an ENTp who has unwittingly chosen accounting as my occupation and would like to change my field. I would like to know what you folks are doing. Maybe I'll see some interesting suggestions, who knows?

I chose accountancy in college partly cause I could see the opportunities and partly cause the admission to the program was competitive. I have learnt my mistake and yes, from now on, I will only grasp opportunities that suit me. :wink:

Creepy--NFp

whoever, my ENTp cousin is a telecommunications software engineer. I've another friend who is studying actuarial science and liking it.

/edit

i accidentily deleted the only constructive post in this thread... sorry -NFp please post a reply and i will edit your message in and delete this

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh man ... I thought about becoming an accountant also ... BIG MISTAKE ... keeping check on all of those charts is one hell of a headacce if you can even keep then organized. And that is besides the fact that it is hard to keep track of what you are doing in the firstplace.

Right now, I am an entrepeneuer and trying to figure out how to make a buck any way I can. I am trying to become an EMT-b or software engineer, which ever one I can break into first. The EMT-b thing I do not think is working for me.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm writing a book.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? What about?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the human services profession and direct an Intensive Case Management program and a forensic mental health unit located in a county lock up. I enjoy this work; there is always something happening and there is always innovations and changes going on.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I'm writing a book.
    Yeah, what's your book about?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accounting= goldmine

... so easy, too.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    accounting= goldmine

... so easy, too.
    The reason is why it is a goldmind is because not everyone can become an accountant ... I had to quit I had such a hard time with it ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm terrible with money. I'd be a terrible accountant.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a real estate investor and Home Inspector. It's great!!!!!!!! I would love to elaborate but now is not the time. I will say, however, that I would lose my mind working a desk job!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I am a real estate investor and Home Inspector. It's great!!!!!!!! I would love to elaborate but now is not the time. I will say, however, that I would lose my mind working a desk job!
    Yeah, same deal with me ... that is one of the reasons I could not stay a computer science major in college.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about a man who wakes up to find himself falling through the sky. What follows is an adventure through a wacky world from my imagination. It's also packed with subtle allusions to some of my philosophies and religious views. Writing and reading have been the two things I've loved most in life, so I figured that being a writer was smart choice. Only problem is that it's rather lonely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your inputs. Any suggestions on interesting jobs?

I go get water or to the bathroom once or twice every hour cause I could not jsut sit and concentrate for hours like many of my SJ coworkers. Needless to say, I look like someone with ADD to them.

Do we have any financial analyst here? I am jsut wondering if ENTps can handle corporate finance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whoever

I go get water or to the bathroom once or twice every hour cause I could not jsut sit and concentrate for hours like many of my SJ coworkers. Needless to say, I look like someone with ADD to them.

Do we have any financial analyst here? I am jsut wondering if ENTps can handle corporate finance.
    Probably not, ENTps are typically not suited for that type of work ... too stressful trying to keep everything ordered and calculated probably.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have CPA and CFA, which I don't think are of much use really (not for an ENTP any way). I plan to go back to school and do Economics, however, I need to save money first. Any suggestion on a less painful and more enjoyable job in Accounting and Finance for an ENTP?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Management and sales, or something where you can wheel and deal and not have to do too much bookwork.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whoever

I think anyone can do any job they set their mind to. The question is whether you enjoy it enough to do it every day and give it the proper attention so you can be successful.

Financial planning is supposed to be a very hot field that people can make a lot of bucks in. There's a sales/field aspect to this job that I think a lot of entp's would like since sitting at a desk can be such a drag. I think there is a certification process, too.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a book that I REALLY recomend. It's not in print anymore but you should still be able to find it. It's called The Edison Trait.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a philosophy teacher who is ENTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what careers should ENTps pursue?

i'm rather convinced that i'm an ENTp, although a rather introverted one. and, i've decided to get into another field. any field will do; i just want to make sure that i get it right this time. i'm 23 now, so it' s not too late to go back to school and start over again, i suppose? can you guys brainstorm some careers are potentially suitable for ENTps? i just want to explore.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a Home Inspector, and I LOVE it. Every building has a history of cause and effect relationships, and solving puzzles is fun.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O:

would prolly like is in red, would prolly hate is in blue

favored careers:

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, figher pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin (there are too many to bother underlining)

disfavored careers:

personal assistant, wedding planner, travel agent, secretary, interior decorator, clerical employee, government employee, social worker, pre school teacher, copy editor, child care worker, hospitality worker, occupational therapist, home maker
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! I'm a social worker and a college professor!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP should be chained so they cannot harm themselves or others. Or they should do something which does not harm other people or themselves. Mental stimulation seems important, either that or being related to supporting people. I don't know, as long as ENTP does their work and not introduce their own 'plans'. They have such marvelous plans. Imagine a balloon you just blew up and then you let all the air out quickly. Sounds like a great plan to me.
    Logical-Intuitive Extravert (ENTj)
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    O:favored careers:

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, figher pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin (there are too many to bother underlining)

disfavored careers:

personal assistant, wedding planner, travel agent, secretary, interior decorator, clerical employee, government employee, social worker, pre school teacher, copy editor, child care worker, hospitality worker, occupational therapist, home maker
    Seems to be a contradiction in no interest in working for the government when a plethora of your jobs are with the government (i.e., FBI, CIA, diplomat/ambassador, fighter pilot, etc.). So the question is whether an ENTp could be happy working for the government in general. I did for 11 years, and it was tolerable. I know other ENTPs who work for the federal government, and are okay as long as they can transfer to other departments when boredom arises. The key is, even with big corporations, make sure they are financially sound and have many opportunities available. The federal government would be fine, however, state and local governments would be intolerable if you find the budget being cut and having to endure in one area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTPs do well as conmen, drug dealers and stock market speculators.

Well seriously, the list(s) above give a lot of good options.
    ENTP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: X

Forgive me if I think this list is somewhat stupid, but...

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, figher pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

... they can't be serious?!?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even those jobs have to be taken care of by someone...

I thought though that ISTPs would make the best assassins.
    ENTP

Creepy-ENTp M

Default Careers

I'm a VP at a financial instituion. I have big division I manage/lead and I have a lot of autonomy. I love it. I've had a couple of jobs like this and what I love is autonomy, lots of very different types of challenges spanning multiple disciplines, and personality/leadership/charm (personal power) can make a difference. I can see how I'm doing everyday through a reporting system I've put in. It's all good. I get freedom, lots of ADD jumping around (and it works), and I see my results. (Hmmmm, kind of sounds like I'm a dictator, without the assasination threat.) I've done well in a lot of jobs that give me free reign, but there is some specific group I'm working for and positive feedback is pretty consistent. I absolutely sucked at being an entreprenuer. I hated doing the cold calling and dreaded worrying about the bills and covering my family responsibilities. I've tried my own businesses twice and they were dogs. It's the corporate job, every two week paycheck, and annual bonus life for me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, figher pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

Hmmmm, I do all of those things naturally ... though a few things are missing on the list. Such as an ENTps ability to snap someones neck 5 times in two seconds and the ability to create weapons and armor out of spare [insert some rusty kitchen appliance here] parts. You know, like the A-team ...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, because none of those things actually exists, and never has
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O: Just like ENTps!!!
    SEE

I've thought about being a career assassin a few times in my life time. Sounds funs, and I am serious.
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too, I have a super-spy name even ...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered being an ass-assasin. The INTj profile is just and undercover exterior that allows me to move ingocnito, in order to carry out my true objectives - FOXHOUND.

Of course, now that you all know this........
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Full House
    ENTPs do well as conmen, drug dealers and stock market speculators.

Well seriously, the list(s) above give a lot of good options.
    I could see ENTPs doing well at all of the above, but, wouldn’t recommend them.

In my experience, ENTPs excel at negotiation, especially when it involves something related to technology and/or corporate change.

As far as sales goes, ESTPs and ESFPs are the best at cold calling and generating clients that never want to do business with us ever again after their deal gets done. ENTPs are the best at letting ESTPs and ESFPs do the cold calling and filtering, getting the cold caller out of the way once they are then useless, and then getting deal after deal after deal from a client while keeping them happy the whole time.

ENTPs are better at repeat business than ESTPs or ESFPs, but aren’t as good as the later at getting the client in the first place.

My recommendation for an ENTP career wise is something that involves technology (or at least logic), negotiation, and is with a small enough firm that lets the ENTP have enough freedom to do what the ENTP does best with out a lot of stupid illogical corporate restrictions on it.

If you are interested in IT, look at Solution Architect.

Paul

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    My recommendation for an ENTP career wise is something that involves technology (or at least logic), negotiation, and is with a small enough firm that lets the ENTP have enough freedom to do what the ENTP does best with out a lot of stupid illogical corporate restrictions on it.
    *applauds*
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    I think freedom is the most important aspect for them. Not being restricted in their movement and ability to have their brains stimulated. A job where you can be supportive towards others or teach also seems to work. Not having stupid illogical corporate restrictions is something most types will appreciate. Even if they do like their work, they won't like having someone controlling their own future, they must always know their way out of a situation to feel good about it. The more repetitive or constant their work is, the less healthy they'll be. Likely they will have many different jobs in their life.
    Logical-Intuitive Extravert (ENTj)
    TeNi

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had more than 20 jobs, and I'm 24 years old...

BUT the one I have now is great, and I see myself there for a long time.

inspite of the crappy inspection today ):
    SEE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast