Thread: Analyse This

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Analyse This...

I've completed my preliminary analysis of The Analyst, I will do the same for all the other types (for whose sake i'm not sure ). It is hard work though i believe it's worth it. Check it out here, any constructive critique will be appreciated. Thanks. :wink:

Ps. Consider it a preview as it is still subject to change.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you write one on ENTps, too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have one quibble with the part discussing fear of intimacy. On my part, I certainly don't fear it, I just have a hard time finding it.

Otherwise, it is an excellent write-up.
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

"As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cjcoldmine
    I do have one quibble with the part discussing fear of intimacy. On my part, I certainly don't fear it, I just have a hard time finding it.
    Yeah, i think the PoLR phobia is more to do with a fear of reality or conformity or living for the moment. I said a fear of intimacy because it's a side effect of basically not getting intimate for a long time as can be the case with the analyst due to their ethics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xr
    Yes, i will do though i'm going on holiday this week so it won't be for a while yet. It takes me approximately 2-3 days of concentrated effort to do a write-up with editing.

Just out of interest as i wud like some understanding of the value of these analyses, based on reading the Analyst, what do you intend to gain?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really really awesome, if we had 16 of these publishing a book would be fairly easy! Very cool job!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, it's like i realised, there's plenty of room for another book on the subject because everyone has a unique way of knowing and describing what's going on with the psyche.

I also consider my writings to be a form of natural therapy for getting all that Ti/Ne acquired knowledge out of my head, a mental clearing process. Or as a way of transforming the pain of knowing too much into the pleasure of putting it into a form others can understand. In essence, being creative for my own sanity whilst being productive for those who find value in it.

The thing i love about a detailed functional analysis rather then a one-page overview is that i find it more structured, objective and complete even though there's plenty more one could write with real-world examples and such. In fact, i would encourage new one-page overviews inspired by my detailed analyses, should make it easier to summarise.

Another thing to consider: 8 functions where 4 are introverted and 4 are extroverted and in their different ordering we get the 16 types where each function has a specific purpose depending on it's position within the psyche. We also get to clearly see the difference between "rationality" and "irrationality".

Let's see, around 3000 words per analysis x 16 profiles equals around 48,000 words give or take an extra 2000 words for an introduction to Socionics and yes we will have a book to publish!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot the most important thing, the relationship dynamics.
    It'd be really cool if you had each relationship dynamic for each type described. That would be completely original.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes my supervisee friend your ideas for what's possible beseeches you sir. That is certainly to come yes. As my subconscious Si demands, one step at a time.

Ps. considering my own psyche, let's think for a moment why i'm doing this... to prove to myself what i think i know about Socionics while learning more about it. In essence, understand what's been said, build on it and learn something new in the process - like a Constructivist. My subconscious Te probably knows that this information is useful and if I sell one book it will be a bonus.

Ps. Ps. The "pinky and the brain" concept is analogous to the Relations of Supervision, can you guess who's who?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, very cool. I don't think it would be hard to find people in most types to write up their own functional descriptions. We would need to find some SEEs, LSEs, and ESIs, though.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Analyse This...

I'm back from my week-long holiday in Lloret de Mar, Spain and for your reading pleasure I've uploaded my preliminary analysis of The Enthusiast. :wink:

Creepy-fry

Default Re: Analyse This...

Quote Originally Posted by snowyc
    I'm back from my week-long holiday in Lloret de Mar, Spain and for your reading pleasure I've uploaded my preliminary analysis of The Enthusiast. :wink:
    keep it coming, i have done a prilimiary analysis on intj(me). i just recently discover those personality test, and 16 types. I will research more on other types. but right now, it is good that someone can actualy do it so then later on i can use it for comparison.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xr
    Hmmm, I might if no one else does ...