Thread: Have you ever felt supervised by your quasi-identical?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Have you ever felt supervised by your quasi-identical?

not sure if these people were INTps. But sometimes it seems as if the INTp creates an effect on me as how ISTps are supposed to as my benefactor.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Have you ever felt supervised by your quasi-identical?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    not sure if these people were INTps. But sometimes it seems as if the INTp creates an effect on me as how ISTps are supposed to as my benefactor.
    i have felt supervisory in the "i am ready to strangle you and scold the living shit out of you" sense with some INTjs & ENTps. it's more general frustration.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my mother is my quasi and sometimes I've felt supervised by her. But it's probably the mother-daughter thing. She's never fully understood me and I don't understand her either. We get along up to a point but when she sees something about me or my parenting that she thinks could be improved and starts talking about it, making endless suggestions, thinking she's helping, things get tense. It's not like I don't listen to her suggestions but I almost never agree with her and/or I've already thought it out and made a different decision.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i have felt supervisory in the "i am ready to strangle you and scold the living shit out of you" sense with some INTjs & ENTps. it's more general frustration.
    hey man.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

I supervise all of you!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    hey man.
    not you, silly.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    hey man.
    not you, silly.
    i know...i just felt like sayin hey man. lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah definitely ..
    But I notice it depends alot on the particular INTj, whether or not they are maladapted or balanced in their personality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my quasi-identical is ENTj and that just happens to be my mom's type.. so yes. I get a lot of supervision, haha. I appreciate it though, as she is looking out for me. She gives great feedback on crucial situations, providing outstanding foresight. Based on this information, if you have a good relationship with your quasi-identical, then their type's supervision may prove very helpful to your own type's needs. Of course, it can go both ways, though.
    xxTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arent you supposed to be benefactor to ISTps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I trust/seek her judgment as right on just about anything:

* How to respond in business/formal situations
    * Application of my major (for interviews)
    * Dating
    * Homework
    * Support (she is great at this... she doesn't force her way either)
    * Feedback (but only on major decisions)
    * Evaluating friends
    * Healthy food choices... etc.

Then again, her leadership is in large part due to her being an ENTj.
    I don't think I would value the advice of a quasi-identical my age quite as much. Although I'm very open to those which I perceive as competent and intelligent regardless of age.

On the flip side, as my mom's quasi-identical I often supervise her as well (although she is my mom, respectively). I told her to dump an engineer that got her CD's as a gift (player). She did, and she recently received real jewelry from someone she is currently seeing. I'm good at seeing a person's potential (good or bad) and I let her in on most of my Ne/Ti perceptions. I help her see some more possibilities.
    xxTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-02-2008 at 03:56 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm as an isfP and my mom being my quai-identical isfJ, i get so much supervision.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    hmm as an isfP and my mom being my quai-identical isfJ, i get so much supervision.
    Hey, my mom's my quasi also. I'm INFp and she's INFj.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some ENFps ASSUME that I have strong Si, si it's bad to let them down and see the disappointed look on their face. That feels pretty much like supervision.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can feel very supervised by my quasi-ids. It is different from my feelings toward SEEs in that I sort of see the Fi line of reasoning behind SEE's supervision, but I don't understand the motivations of IEIs one bit. I get the sense that they are watching my every move - not in a patronizing way, simply in an "I know what you're doing" sort of way that makes me rather neurotic. I have an urge to prove myself, as they have similar capabilities but don't really value anything I do. Some IEIs are really cool and down-to-earth, but the ones who exist solely in their own heads...can't with 'em.

TIM
    IEE 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    I can feel very supervised by my quasi-ids. It is different from my feelings toward SEEs in that I sort of see the Fi line of reasoning behind SEE's supervision, but I don't understand the motivations of IEIs one bit. I get the sense that they are watching my every move - not in a patronizing way, simply in an "I know what you're doing" sort of way that makes me rather neurotic. I have an urge to prove myself, as they have similar capabilities but don't really value anything I do. Some IEIs are really cool and down-to-earth, but the ones who exist solely in their own heads...can't with 'em.
    I heavily relate to this, I find some IEI's impossible to understand, I thought it was just conflicting relations but I noticed some other types having these issues with IEI's as well.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really. Maybe a few times they've definitely tried to make me feel supervised - but then got annoyed when I wouldn't be moved emotionally by what they wanted me to be moved emotionally about. LIEs feel way better in this area than EIIs- because it's like they understand my internal motivations much better.

I think generally speaking I ignore/am incredibly indifferent to most EIIs yet I myself easily do something that enrages them ((not intentionally of course)) and then they feel like they have to chastise me. Perhaps I have to better pay attention to EIIs existing lol. I have somewhat repaired the bonds by being "more Fi" with them , which they like.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quasi-ID are naturally corrective. Their purpose in the socion is to improve your "club" argumentation. For example, after discussing pragmatic ways with an LSE I can better argue what it means to be a pragmatic aside from my own view.

Imagine, as a humanitarian, going to court. Your club views are good but your Quasi-ID club views help you be more objective in front of others. Since there's more than one way to be humanitarian, your Quasi id openly verbalizes this way thus making club communication quite useful.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is usually other way around when I parse together my next Frankenstein although the end result might change our roles.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You may get a criticism from any human, more possibly in his strong regions.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have never felt supervised by ILIs, mostly because I've never reported to one but many have worked for me; I've certainly heard that I've been criticised by them - not to my face. I also have, on several occasions, been pushed by them to start projects for which I thought they weren't ready, and I've had to push almost all of them to finish their assigned projects. Therefore, it's more a battle of priorities with them because they never seem to be on the same page as LIIs although both types seem to socialize well.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting idea. yeah i think i have -- i've described some feelings about my particular life situation in some domain(s) and SEIs have responded 'but i don't think you're alone in feeling that' 'everyone's different' 'there are all kinds of arrangements in the world' which seem Ne-valuing. it's not that i don't think those things are true (though my e4ness perhaps doesnt jive the best with being told i'm not alone in feeling something, haha) but more that it seems beside the point... it's like they dont get / appreciate that my primary agenda was to describe my own feelings about my own lived experience. maybe it's their Fi demo.

on my part, i think i probably seek Te information to supplement what they're describing. i may recoil internally at a statement like 'i'm ready to coast professionally' (we're still pretty young...) too lol, even though i also enjoy space and freedom that bring about contentedness, but it's not the same as valuing Si.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like a symptom of being mistyped.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Either that or mistyping others.

I don't find LIIs threatening in the slightest.

Quasi-identical is always between two partners of identical strengths, but totally different modus operandii. So while the priorities might not match once they start doing things together (not just talking), they normally don't (or shouldn't) see the other as threatening.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Yes, general stable impressions should fit to IR theory.
    In cases of short communication situations it's possibly that a human of any type provides important (in your perception) info from his weak functions and which relates to any of your functions, including 1 and 4.
    Weak function does not mean it's not used and can't do something meaningful. Some people have trained some of skills related to weak regions and an experience there, some may have better developed weak function than this function at you.
    So in limited situations such impression is possible. With a step to side, that human easily fails this impression, as weak function is generally returded.

Also it's useful to have an experience of different IR to better distinguish the perception of people related to them. Real type's representator and a human which just did something common for that type is not the same, - there will exist additional info related to another type and the influence may have nuances, besides a strenght of the influence and human's assurance during this.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Quasi-ID are naturally corrective. Their purpose in the socion is to improve your "club" argumentation. For example, after discussing pragmatic ways with an LSE I can better argue what it means to be a pragmatic aside from my own view.

Imagine, as a humanitarian, going to court. Your club views are good but your Quasi-ID club views help you be more objective in front of others. Since there's more than one way to be humanitarian, your Quasi id openly verbalizes this way thus making club communication quite useful.
    Fwiw, this is the kind of "like"-supervision dynamic that I had in mind in my own post. But the more recent posts are also reminding me to keep this criticism dynamic (which I do find jarring, admittedly - it feels like my description of my experience is being rejected as invalid, but I'm thinking wait but you didn't understand where I was coming from...) in its proper perspective. It certainly can be very relaxing, ime, to hang out with my quasi-identicals. Do Si stuff or share stories...
    Last edited by spacious; 01-23-2022 at 01:53 AM. Reason: clarity

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I really haven’t.
    Maybe they are the ones feeling “supervised” by me?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that I found very important in socionics is one line I read long ago: you cannot truly understand a function you do not value.
    No one can see life through the eyes of someone else, only imagine they do.
    Quasi being opposite yet same strenght becomes rather interesting then if one keeps an open mind.
    Does it pertains to supervision? Idk, "peer review" sounds to better explain this idea, even more so since supervision is a fairly painful ir to be in, unless both party are super healthy.
    I think any type being stuck in their way can feel like the rug is being pulled from under them from any type really, even dual or identical. This can happen from simply being unused to a certain type too, and be exacerbated if the other is used to deal with people of your type.

I remember people on here commenting that quasi arguing was two people blowing air at each other, or something like that, the arguments just go right above the other's head since they have similar strenght but opposite vision. What the other says can sound stupid because it seems up-side-down or even backward thinking.