Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Young children

Is there any way to tell what type a young child is? I think my daughter (3-1/2) is an ESFP but it's hard to tell with how young she is. She could be an ESFJ too I think. Are there any resources regarding this.

I have taken the test a few times and I always come up as an ENFP. I read the descriptions and was positive my husband was an ISTP before I even had him take the test.

Thanks

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son is 5 and totally acts like an ExTp (probably ENTp), but I don't believe he's old enough to type. IMHO I think they have to be old enough to have a certain degree of independence in order to type.

Although... I saw a home video with my husband in it when he was 3 or 4. The person with the camera approached him and asked him to smile for the camera. The look on his face was priceless as he turned and walked away silently... It's the same look he still gives people. I should try to find a photo of it. People never bother him when he gives them that look. Like if he went to work late and someone wanted to yell at him he'd look at them like that and they'd shut up. Or if someone says something stupid (and most of what people say is stupid according to him) he gives them that look and they shut up. ANYWAYS, he's an INTx and that facial expression gave it away or 3 or 4 years old.

This morning at breakfast my son was staring at his box of Cocoa Krispies when he covered the A with his hand and said, "Mom, look! Now it's a pattern." He's so adorable.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thanks and another question

OK so I took this three trillion question test and came up with this: http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...951819843.html

Is there some guide to explain the shapes? I found some really really long explanation involving a huge history lesson, but I thought there might be a Cliffs Notes version around here somewhere? Maybe I just need to poke around a bit more. It's all very interesting but it would help me to find something more condensed first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverted Feeling= Ethics of relationships
    Extraverted Feeling= Ethics of emotions
    Introverted Thinking= Systematic Logic
    Extraverted Thinking= Practical Logic
    Introverted Intuition= Intuition of Time
    Extraverted Intuition= Intuition of Possibilites
    Introverted Sensing= Space
    Extraverted Sensing= Force

To be honest, you seem somewhat split between FeNi and NeFi.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the chart!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Introverted Feeling= Ethics of relationships
    To be honest, you seem somewhat split between FeNi and NeFi.
    i

I did a bit of googling and I think FeNi = INFJ? If so, I don't know if that's me. The description said something about being shy and not liking public speaking, but I'm not at all shy and have always been good at public speaking. Also, the part about not giving out my feelings . . . if anything I have the opposite problem and spew out whatever comes to my head before I should.

There are parts that of INFJ that feel right to me too. The description said something about headaches and messy hair, and that's almost eerie. Also, I relate to the part about having a poor concept of time, and about fleeing from pressuring situations.

I'm pretty new to this and appreciate your insight. I'll have to read some more about INFJ and FeNi. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FeNi = ENFj
    NeFi = ENFp
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no, I meant either ENFJ or ENFP in socionics (which are Ethical-Intuitive Extratims (EIE) and Intuitive-ethical Extratims (IEE)).

Because of a couple of the things you said you sound more like the ENFP (IEE). A poor concept of time (remember Time=Ni) and the feeling of pressure situations (and Se=pressure) is a tip off.

The socionics model for an IEE (not exactly the same as MBTI ENFP... just bare with me until it starts to make sense to you ) goes like this:

The first two functions are considered strong, the second two, weak. From the brief explaination of what the functions are, does that sound about right?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    FeNi = ENFj
    NeFi = ENFp
    Thanks for the correction!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    The socionics model for an IEE (not exactly the same as MBTI ENFP... just bare with me until it starts to make sense to you ) goes like this:

The first two functions are considered strong, the second two, weak. From the brief explaination of what the functions are, does that sound about right?
    The first two definitely feel strong and the second two weak. It's amazing how accurate this kind of thing can be.