Thread: When your mind drifts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When your mind drifts...

When your mind drifts, on what subjects do you tend to think about most and perhaps why?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: When your mind drifts...

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    When your mind drifts, on what subjects do you tend to think about most and perhaps why?
    It all depends. For me, usually either the past and what I should have done differently (in specific situations, not in general), or the future and where I want to go.
    INTJ.
    I like money. You should, too.
    http://www.working-minds.com/money.htm

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(sorry for invading alpha)

sex
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'd rather be doing, mostly, which tends to be either sex, drugs, or being with my friends. Or Socionics.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(another invader of alpha here)

When my mind drifts (which is very often), it sometimes goes to socionics (as in "I wonder what type so-and-so is) but it often goes to creative projects and what I'm going to work on next. Occasionally I imagine future conversations or situations and try to project how they will go based on what I know of the persons involved. I also sometimes remember past images like movie stills or something of a moment that I enjoyed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.Sex

2. Whatever subject I am currently looking into.
    I know a little bit about a lot of things...because I am not a TV person.
    If I find a subject interesting, even if it has no tie to me or anyone I know...I will find myself researching it.

3. Conversations with whomever I am thinking about regarding sex. ha!
    Sometimes I am slow on the uptake, because I have to look at every single fact of things, and link them all together to 'get it' to my satisfaction....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    2. Whatever subject I am currently looking into.
    I know a little bit about a lot of things...because I am not a TV person.
    If I find a subject interesting, even if it has no tie to me or anyone I know...I will find myself researching it.

3. Conversations with whomever I am thinking about regarding sex. ha!
    Sometimes I am slow on the uptake, because I have to look at every single fact of things, and link them all together to 'get it' to my satisfaction....
    This reminds me of one of my best friends (who is also INTj). She's not as into sex though, LOL But she looks at all the facts, does her research on whatever she's interested in. In fact, I go to her and get her opinion on lots of stuff because she's so thorough.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the INTj-ish stuff, but my mind doesn't drift at all. It's always on what I am doing physically or paying attention to at the moment. I have trouble tuning stuff out in general.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I understand the INTj-ish stuff, but my mind doesn't drift at all. It's always on what I am doing physically or paying attention to at the moment. I have trouble tuning stuff out in general.
    I liken it to Zen though; when I am the most in the moment, that is when my mind drifts.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But then to me it's not really drifting. What you're describing sounds like Ni, no?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    But then to me it's not really drifting. What you're describing sounds like Ni, no?
    Yes, but it is in a 8th function role.
    Johari Box

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my mind drifts, I think about shows that I like, project ideas that keep on building up, whatever character I'm obsessing over, and just things about the future. Plans formulate when my mind goes off to la la land, they are not always solid but just fragments of ideas that I piece together later. Sometimes, I wonder where the crazy thoughts come from that randomly pop into my mind, and I have a love/hate relationship with that.

It's often that my mind gets into drifty mode and it happens to me many times a day. I may also think about friends, conversations we've had or conversations we could have. What my friends are doing at that moment.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?