Thread: VI method?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI method?

I think for certain types i am alright at VI... if someone looks very much like a type

what's your VI method? I think i kind of just went off the sample pictures on some of the websites and when I get a new picture i compare it to the others in my head.

has anyone found something that goes into detail about what certain facial features can tip you off to a type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI is very complicated... and it's almost worthless to try and VI someone by a picture alone.

I wouldn't worry about descriptions of facial features because there are too many variables, and can be several diffrent looks within each type even though you might notice similarities amongst some people of the same type.

I posted this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    The best explaination I can think of right now about typing people is to compare it to music. If you are a musician, then you can certainly listen to a song or a person singing and know what chords or notes are heard. Someone who has not spent their time studing music will have no idea or even recognize that diffrent chords exsist (they will know that everything is not the same, but won't be able to exaplin it). If you listen to music ALOT and practice an instrument, then you will be able to pick out the diffrent notes just by the way they sound (and this is a skill that many people have). It is exactly the same way with picking out a type. People who don't know socinics don't realize that everyone fits into one of 16 types (but we know that :wink: ). If you put some energy into noticing the little things about people (facial expressions, they way they hold themselves, their voice, mannerisms, movements, etc..) then you will be able to pick out certain types the way a musicain can pick out a note. With alot of work, you will start to notice alot of patterns, and typing people becomes almost secong nature. The only reason that some people don't see/accept this is that not as many people actually try and learn this skill as they do with things like music. It's not really any more difficult.
    I'd also like to note that learning body movements has far fewer variables and is much easier to use.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mhm, yeah

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VI method?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I think for certain types i am alright at VI... if someone looks very much like a type

what's your VI method? I think i kind of just went off the sample pictures on some of the websites and when I get a new picture i compare it to the others in my head.

has anyone found something that goes into detail about what certain facial features can tip you off to a type?
    Nope, sorry . V.I. takes a lot of experience, and unfortunately a lot of mistakes. Just hang in there, it takes a while. I have been using V.I. for three years now, and I can still only get about 20% through V.I. alone.