Thread: A further explanation of my subtyping theory

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A further explanation of my subtyping theory ...

This is the shortest explanation I could make within 30 minutes, which was not enough time to say everything I wanted. There may be some typos, but here is what I am theorizing in a nutshell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Socionics derives judgement and perception from the instance of the preferance of the base function. Rational functions are logical and ethical. If the base function is a rational function, then a type has an emphasis on judgement. Irrational functions are sensible and intuitive. If the base function is an irrational function, then a type has an emphasis on perception.

2.)Everyone has a base portion of their brain that they perfer to use more often than the other; just as a person has a dominant left or right hand, people have prefrences in right and left brained usage. The right side of the brain has a prefrence for perception, and the left side of the brain has a preference for judging.

3.)Since socionics does not hold judgement or perception preferences according to brain dominance issues, a person's base function may or may not be located in the dominant portion of a persons brain; because of this, diffrent people may display slightly diffrent behaviours with the same type, and must be subtyped. If a person's base function is rational and located in the rational left portion of the brain, he or she is a logical and ethical subtype. If a person's base function is irrational and located in the irration right portion of the brain, he or she is a sensory or intuitive subtype. And vice versa if the base function is not located within the same portion of the brain of its own prefrence.

4.) There are views that purportedly conflict with the J/P braintype hemisphere theory. One such view is that purposed by J. Newnam, who has been considered by some to have disproved the J/P brain theory through various means of brain imagining and scanning. However, upon close examination of the theory, one would note that technically there is no diffrent in what the J/P brain dominance theory proposed and his theory other than a supposed reorganization of the functions within the various brain hemispheres. His theory reveals that actually the right frontal lobes were primarily responsible for judging prefrences and the peripheral and posterior lobes were responible for perceptive prefrences. In result, his general conclusion was that the left hemisphere was actually responsible for feeling and sensing prefrences, and the right hemisphere for thinking and intuition.

However, while there is much truth to the fact that most SF types and most NT types do in fact generally share differing hemispheres, there is no conclusive and irrefutable scientific evidence to show that all SF types must have dominant left brain hemispheres and all NT types must have dominant right brain hemispheres. Even so, the theory porported by J. Newman may hold truth in an entirly diffrent context, and should not be thrown out or considered insignifigant. All scientific data, no matter how biased or conflicting, should be considered important in this regards.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I am too complex for people ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I don't understand your chart at all, I agree with your basic sentiments presented here; one's hemispheric preference is not determined by one's functional ordering.

But that's about all I could get out of what you said.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    While I don't understand your chart at all, I agree with your basic sentiments presented here; one's hemispheric preference is not determined by one's functional ordering.

But that's about all I could get out of what you said.
    That is what I thought, no one is understanding what I am trying to convey because I am being vague or complex again or something.

Anyhow, the chart is not too difficult to understand ... it is basically a pictoral representation of what I said in the 4 paragraphs that shows how the types are subtyped from a functional level according to my theory.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the blocks you have highlighted are ALL blocks containing rational functions. What's the purpose of highlighting them if not to differentiate between a preference for a rational function and a preference for an irrational function?

EDIT: and then correlating them to a particular hemisphere.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    But the blocks you have highlighted are ALL blocks containing rational functions. What's the purpose of highlighting them if not to differentiate between a preference for a rational function and a preference for an irrational function?
    I think I am going to have to redo this chart ... if people are thinking that I highlighted just the rational functions, then apparently there is something confusing about the chart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, it seems I shouldn't extrapolate two type models and assume that's what you did for the entire graphic.

I still don't understand why an ENTp who prefers Ti would be right-brained.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, for the record I don't see why Mystic keeps reading the chart wrong. Looks like the Ne highlighted ENTp is under Right and the Ti under left to me. *shrugs*
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Uh, for the record I don't see why Mystic keeps reading the chart wrong. Looks like the Ti highlighted ENTp is under Right to me. *shrugs*"

I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes, but I'm fairly certain that's exactly what I said; what I was asking is WHY it's highlighted under right instead of left.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh sorry, that was a typo that I edited. I meant to say the Ne-highlighted one was under right.

Maybe you can clean this up a little, moderator.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't the ENTp's model-a functional ordering go:

Ne-Ti
    Fi-Se
    Fe-Si
    Ni-Te

?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, just figured out the problem. The rmcnew is not using the model A for those "icecub trays", but which box = which function is in the key on the side. That's why it looks like ti is highlighted.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of it this way, if a persons base function is S or N and right brained, he or she is already a perceptive type irregardless of the prefrence for right or left brained usage anyhow. But, if that same person is perceptive and left brained, he or she will have an emphasis on his or her T or F creative function and will manifest that function slightly diffrently.

That is where my theory is at at this point in time, but I have a feeling it might get more complex and change a little as I start to discover new possibilities. I have what Dmitri Lytov said to consider as well as what I have observed myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's confusing.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Ok, just figured out the problem. The rmcnew is not using the model A for those "icecub trays", but which box = which function is in the key on the side. That's why it looks like ti is highlighted.
    Look at ENTp ... look where the dots correspond to the big big chart in the upper left corner, those are the base and creative functions of the ENTp and ...

If an ENTp is an intuitive subtype, the base function will be highlighted in red ... if a logical subtype, then the creative function is highlight in red.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, I thought of that before...

that is why I started P.M.-ing some people to do a project that requires writing thoughts on paper about oneself. I need to reexamine something first, then I will ask every one to do that for me.

If some of you feel like doing that now, go ahead, but please P.M. your results!