Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A survey - please answer these four questions honestly

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A survey - please answer these four questions honestly ...

Taken from : http://www.socion.info/socionicstypetest.html

PART II - Dominance of Neurological Function and Activity

In this section of the test, place your hands together similarly to the way that the woman in this picture has her hands placed. Without any conscious thought, one of the thumbs should naturally fall over the other. If you are not sure, you may attempt to place your hands and thumbs opposently of the way they naturally fall. If that position feels uncomfortable and slightly inconvenient, the other position is the natural position. The woman in the picture naturally places her right thumb over her left thumb. You may or may not do the same.

1. Which thumb placement feels most natural for you by default:
    A.) When crossing my hands, the thumb of my left hand naturally falls on top of the thumb of my right hand
    B.) When crossing my hands, the thumb of my right hand naturally falls on top of the thumb of my left hand

2. Which side of the brain do you believe is your most dominant portion:
    A.)Left side is most dominant
    B.)Right side is most dominant

3. Which one of your hands is most dominant:
    A.)I am right handed
    B.)I am left handed

4. Please state your socionics type:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Left over right.
    2. Right
    3. Right
    4. INTp
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should go too, I gather ...

1. left thumb over right
    2. right brained
    3. right handed
    4. ENTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. A
    2. B
    3. A
    4. INTj/LII
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Left on top.
    2. I think Left, though I'm not very familiar with the differences.
    3. Right-handed
    4. LII
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Creepy-

B
    Neither
    B
    INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Which thumb placement feels most natural for you by default:
    My right thumb

2. Which side of the brain do you believe is your most dominant portion:
    I'm right-brained

3. Which one of your hands is most dominant:
    I am right handed.

4. Please state your socionics type:
    ENFP
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- Right (I think...)
    2- Right
    3- Right (and both fro everything else)
    4- SLI
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to state my type as I am assembling a farily long description of myself which should settle the matter beyond any possible doubts, but I will answer the questions either way as I had some criticism in mind.

1. My right thumb

2. I am fitting the right brain *stereotype* better but I can be very left brained at times, for example I am a brilliant in terms of language and math, subjects that commonly are seen as left brained, on the other hand I also am talented when it comes to music and creative writing, subjects that are commonly seen as right brained. I lean to the right here but it is a grand oversimplification in my case.

3. Right handed. You could perhaps include the degree here as I am so right handed that it's not even funny.

4. Let's just say INTx for the time being. I can edit this later.

A few other ideas:

Dominant eye? Look at something, hold your finger in front of you and close one or your eyes, if your finger moves, you closed your dominant eye. (if it is the case most of the times you do this that is..)

The idea of right and left brain dominance is very different in neuroscience and pop psychology. In neuroscience it essentially always refer to what hand you prefer, that means that 90% plus of the population is left brained, and perhaps also where your primary areas of speach are located (Broca's and Wernicke's area if anyone is intersted, responsible for creation of speach and comprehension of speach respectively). These are located in the left hemisphere for perhaps 95% of all people. The corresponding areas in the other hemisphere are involved in other related to but not essential for speach itelf.

In the psycholgy idea is built of some of these structural changes but is more of an exagaration of the traits associated with each hemisphere and then a decision based upon which if these traits that fit you as a whole person the best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left over right
    Right brained
    Right handed
    INFp
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Right over left
    2. Right brained
    3. Right handed
    4. INTJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's funny how everyone pretty much thinks that they are right-brained...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup ... waiting for some more people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I think it's funny how everyone pretty much thinks that they are right-brained...
    I found a website and took their test.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this is a start in describing some of the diffrences between right/left.

http://www.geocities.com/player2000g...ialization.htm

It's diffrent from what people generally think. For example, left has to do with words and language, and the right has more to do with sight and non-verbal communication.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Left over right
    2. I don't know! I used to believe I wad right brained, but I'm not as certain anymore... do I have to prefer one side over the other?
    3. Right handed, but I lean more ambidextrious than most people
    4. ENTp

I've done some reading about cross-dominence. Foot, hand, ear, eye... It's very interesting. Apparently it's not good for your brain to be ambidextrious. I definitely have a cross dominence issue.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1. right over left
    2. I don't know. According to the website below, probably right.
    3. right-handed
    4. ENFp
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left, both, right, ENFP.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

* - used to think I was right brained, but I'm good with words and I'm terrible when it comes to visualizing spacial things. Is that left-brained?

Same here. Perhaps it's an ENFp thing. :wink:
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was quick. I just posted this a minute ago. Very glad to hear that you're like that as well. Whenever we're moving to another flat and talking about what piece of furniture goes where I have to draw pictures of all our shelves and chairs etc. and move them around on a little plan of the flat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Right
    2. Right
    3. Right
    4. INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Left
    -There are two hemispheres in my brain and I am not sure I completely agree with this left or right brain dominance thing. I have a professor that told my class it's just one of those media hype things. A scientific find blown out of proportion. They found that each hemisphere deals with different types of information and all of the sudden there was this whole "Right-Left" hoopla.
    -Right handed.
    -ENTp

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    1. Left over right
    2. I don't know! I used to believe I wad right brained, but I'm not as certain anymore... do I have to prefer one side over the other?
    4. ENTp

I've done some reading about cross-dominence. Foot, hand, ear, eye... It's very interesting. Apparently it's not good for your brain to be ambidextrious. I definitely have a cross dominence issue.
    Me too, my mother use to tell me when I was young I had problems deciding which arm to use more. It is weird, because I am sort of ambidextrious in a way still evn though I am right handed.

Creepy-Baby (at home)

1. Left over right thumb.
    2. Right slightly more dominant.
    3. Right-handed
    4. INFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok... so what is representing what?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    ok... so what is representing what?
    What do you mean?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean?
    If I'm right handed and my right thumb falls over my left what does that say about weather I'm left or right brained?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    What do you mean?
    If I'm right handed and my right thumb falls over my left what does that say about weather I'm left or right brained?
    I am not quite ready to say, yet ... I neglected to say before, because I did not want to bias the results. But the reason why I was doing this survey was because I was collecting data to improve my braintypes/subtype theory and also to explain some descrepencies in my own test.

For example, part of the reason I realized that braintypes and subtyping in socionics were connected was because I noticed on my own typology test that there were socionic INTjs scoring INTp on the attributive. Later I realized that other socionics types were doing this also in a similar pattern.

Because of this, I am coming to the conclusion that brain typing and subtyping are connected and therefore should be considered in my own typology testing. I am currently gauging a more potent means of doing that as I collect more data.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    1. Left over right
    4. ENTp

Me too, my mother use to tell me when I was young I had problems deciding which arm to use more. It is weird, because I am sort of ambidextrious in a way still evn though I am right handed.
    My son didn't choose a hand until he was nearly 5! I have this theory that ENTps have more open neuropathways for thoughts to follow. My brain is awlays chasing around in a dozen different directions. It likes to head off in a few directions with each thought that comes to mind. I think of more things, but it's difficult to think about only one thing. I have this habbit of flipping my pen through my fingers like a baton. I think it annoys some teachers (and maybe even some students), but it's better than me not paying any attention at all, digging through my purse, talking to someone, tapping my pen, or squirming around all over the place... right? Other things that I have found to help me pay attention to what going on are reading, balancing my checkbook, writing a note, doing homework (especially math?!), and writing lists or budgets. Another thing that always held my attention in class VERY well is a lot of class participation and class discussion. My son is having a really hard time at school. I feel so bad for him because I totally understand how he feels! I am determined to help him be successful at school. I love how much of an individual he is, and he is one of the brightest kids I've ever met. He is VERY sweet and comes up with the most interesting ideas and amazing questions. His teacher has a really hard time with him but is as determined to help him be sucessful in school as I am. She sends home daily reports wich break the day up into every class and list the positive behaviors expected in each and she fills it out with Travis every day. He gets points for things like walking in line to lunch nicely or doing his worksheets or hanging up his coat and backpack nicely or sitting on the rug during circle time without getting up to play with something in the room. She's really great, and I wish every teacher was like her! My first grade teacher got fired for how she dealt with me! I don't remember anything about her other than that I liked her!

The other day on my son's daily report from his teacher she wrote that she's very concerned about taking him to the pumkin farm field trip tomorrow without me. =(

Notes on his daily report generally read:
    Travis was climing on the walls and door jambs today.
    Travis got up during circle time and got a ball and wouldn't sit back down or stop bouncing the ball.
    Travis put Jake in a headlock.
    Travis kicked me, punched me, and stepped on my foot.
    Travis took a glue stick and rubbed it all over a gameboard.
    Travis said he was going to the bathroom and went to another classroom instead.
    Travis was climbing over the bathroom stalls.
    Travis punched Rizzo.
    Travis refused to take a time out.

Yeah... usually there's at least a couple comments like the ones above on his daily reports. His teacher is great, but she says she's spending 75% of her time on him.

Ummmmm.... okay, rant over.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH OH OH!!!!!!!!! I just had an idea!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet flipping my pen helps me pay attention because I am doing something with my right hand! They say that people with cross dominence issues don't enjoy symmetrical exercise like running, but that it helps them to clench the fist of their dominent side. Like I should clench my right fist while I run. I've also noticed that I drive MUCH better when I'm driving stick shift, and I decided that it's because I'm doing something with my right hand.

So now I'm wondering how typing out something with noth hands affects my brain vs. writing out something with my right hand...
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travis got up during circle time and got a ball and wouldn't sit back down or stop bouncing the ball.
    Travis punched Rizzo.
    Do you really think this kid is an ILE?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's ishy? I know that she'd have something intelligent and fascinating to add to this thread...
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travis punched Rizzo.
    Do you really think this kid is an ILE?
    Nah, he's way too young to type.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few fun things related to this topic:

Regarding the ones who had problems with spatial tasks.. Have you taken this test?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/

Guess who scored 100% on the angle and rotate this figure tests while at the same time using less than half of the allowed time? Muahaha! (of course feel free to mock me mercilessily for failing misarably on the "spot the difference" test). An interesting coincidence actually that I am *very* able when it comes to spatial abilites in terms of reading maps and remember how to get to place X, but couldn't remember details from the trip even if my life depended on it.

That test also includes the "what thumb do you put on top question", and they give this explaination after comleting the test:

You said your right thumb was on top when you clasped your hands together.

Right thumb on top: This suggests the left half of your brain is dominant. Many studies have tried to establish whether there is a relationship between handedness and brain dominance. Some scientists believe that if you are left brain dominant, you would be more verbal and analytical.

Left thumb on top: This suggests the right half of your brain is dominant. Some studies theorise that as a right brain dominant person, you may excel in visual, spatial and intuitive processes.

However, these theories are debatable and leave much to be said about the small percentage of people who are mbidextrous.
    If anyone wants to compare their left hand with their right hand:

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/rldot.html

15+ point difference here.. ugh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm extremely good at putting together abstract designs . . . those tests where they show you a shape and five different pictures and you have to figure out which one is the shape taken apart. Does that mean anything?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think brain dominance has much to do with handiness.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, he's way too young to type.
    You want to hear something interesting? JN said that when is son was only 7 months old he could already tell what type he was. Said he could be a talent composer or something like that. 20 years latter I think he put out a CD or something. 5 years old? That's definalty old enough. Your son really does sound more Sxx (SP) to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think brain dominance has much to do with handiness.
    Agreed. As I wrote in my first post in this thread, the words "brain dominance", has a very different meaning in neuroscience compared to psychology. Handedness might give a very slight indicator on the strength of the *traits* attributed to the hemispheres, but not a definte one.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see my son being an ESFp or ESTp. I could also see him being an ENTp, though. His being extremely hyperactive and not having an understanding of boundaries (like hitting a teacher) don't necessarily make him an S. You should hear some of the thigns he comes up with. He askes me about astronomy a lot, as well of meteorology. He started asking me how cars work when he was 3... he can't understand why I don't know. lol

He also asks me about why people behave in certain ways quite a bit. LOL, and when I told him that I was taking the dog to puppy manners classes he was full of questions like, "Will his teacher be a dog, or a human?" and "Do they get recess? Do they get homework?" I can't think of very many examples right now, but he demonstrates over and over again that he is very much idea orientated. We'll see though. I honestly don't want to figure out (or think I have figured out) his type.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I honestly don't want to figure out (or think I have figured out) his type.
    I really think it would be much better not to.
    ― Anais Nin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast