Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics IQ Test

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any intellectually minded type will focus on the big picture.
    I definitely believe that to be true, regardless of your type.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright - I will now more seriously consider the possibility that I am ISTj, though the favorite still is LII.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Points against LSI:

Maxim never exists out of the system of social relations, since circle and nature of its personal interrelations already by itself is systematized and assumes clear hierarchical subdivision, since such more easily in all is entered in its idea about the logical order and the original "order of things". It is generally difficult to itself to present to a representative of this type another point of view, it simply is not plotted in its own mental structure, in its system of views.

Under no circumstances Maxim cannot be "by itself", "itself to whiskers", "itself only for itself" - this too deeply contradicts the program of his intellect. (which just as the program of its duala of Hamlet places by its task to survive vague time, to regulate him, to survive under the extreme conditions. And for this very reason Maxim always very konformen is loyal with respect to the existing regime, sincerely he tries to have an application in the conditions of the ruling social system. Even if we imagine a representative of this type as the "antisocial" element, nevertheless it cannot be "by itself". To Maxim it is difficult to be "lone wolf", in it for this insufficiently strong intuition; therefore it will be compulsorily organized within the framework some of another social structure, where it will fulfill all entrusted to it duties and bear responsibility for its behavior - another form of behavior for Maxim simply there does not exist.)

Specifically, because representatives of this type examine themselves (just as each individual) as the part of the existing system of relations. Any manifestation of individualism they consider for themselves in principle unacceptable as the phenomenon, which emerges beyond the framework of that permitted, which shakes loose public abutments and introducing chaos and anarchy into the existing structure. Therefore they see special social significance in this activity as the composition of rules, conditions, procedures, instructions, public and juridical laws, establishment of standards and standards. To the work in this field the Maxims relate with the great responsibility and therefore especially in it they succeed.
    Something has got to give: Either I am an LII who has little problem with using , with giving orders and being volitional, or, I am an LSI who has little problem using intuition to compare and analyze. I suspect more of the later.

Honestly, I feel like I am trying to find a system that is worthy enough for me to be an LSI of. I have spent my life trying to develop a system that I can live by, and now, recently in the last few years (1 really), I have come to some conclusions - so I am seeking to act, to implement, and to live it out.

I am not SJ in that I take an existing institution and try to work from within it. MBTI INTJ I still am, conceptualizer director. However, my path takes me to interacting with other people. I assume that is why I will be acting like an ISTj, and even ENTj and ESTj more so.... but still, it is mostly a process of understanding for me - that is the real personal journey, and I believe that is what the alpha quadra thread was about. My journey, which may very well parallel the Enneagram 5 - to - 8 transition, with a great deal of type 1 sprinkled in there, is definitely pushing me to be more involved. Because of my extensive alone time in the past, time to reflect, ruminate and think, the only way to make real progress is by getting involved and interacting with life in a more direct way. I can no longer sit on the sidelines and observe. That reminds me a lot of what was said in the LSI profiles I just read, but still, I relate heavily to the LII's objectivity in terms of what I am really looking for - dismantling problems and situations "from above": that seems to be the truest and most reasonable way.

All of these apparent paradoxes and contradictions - it is nothing new for me. I am aware of making progress, and I know that over time I see how things are ultimately ordered. One of the best ways to put it seems to be: I will follow the truth, wherever it leads, or whatever transformations it takes me to understand it more fully.

Installation of the consciousness of the leading bloc: Reality is defined by its conformity with laws, which must be discovered by the LII. Through this it’s possible to more deeply investigate the essence of phenomena and processes.
    This sort of journey, or quest, seems to be the truest purpose (if any) I have to guide my life. That is what I would be a "knight" of, that is the system that I would devote myself too.

Currently: I find myself both exploring and the physical aspect of life more so (polr and the truth); and related to, but also separate (as mentioned above), I am being drawn to my interaction with people more so -- to leadership, to decision making, to process managing, and so on.

So all of this makes me reassured that, at my core, I am a Researcher, an NT. In an ideological way, I understand my connection to people, now more so than ever before. But I know I do not "feel it" the way other people do, and I doubt the way an ST, or any ethical type does. I also wonder if this conclusion explains why I would need an SF rather than an NF....though I still wonder a great deal about really being able to connect with an SF. With an ISFp it is good, but I sense them being too focused on Si - it is only there when they "feel" it. ESFp is right out. ISFj and ESFj are almost in the same boat. In my sort of learn-ed state, I wonder if an NFJ would do me better, as I would be able to provide some S type things - but even then it seems questionable. Ultimately I will just have to see what comes my way and how to interact with it, instead of trying to figure out something like that well in advance. My main mission, at least for now, seems to be clear.

Also, it seems as though I/we have discussed myself a great deal as of late, so it is probably time to move on to something else.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you still really remind me tons of my ex who i still think is ISTj.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? I thought I just destroyed LSI in that post?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, not for me. yet.

i'm curious as to what you think you have to offer an ESFj. you talk a lot about what they can offer you but not what you have to offer them.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call, thank you.

Hmm.... before I finish my answer, I would ask what sort of answer you are looking for? What I would offer an ESFj in socioncs terms? Or in general terms - like, if I happened into a relationship with an ESFj woman?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no stranger to :

[web:f987441b3a]http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?p=134740#134740[/web:f987441b3a]

You present a somewhat lopsided dichotomy in your post above, Carla. When I am reading and buzzing through the forum - focused on just doing things in the forum, and with a focus mindset --- no, there is little "Ne", in the tangential sense. I am focused. But I am not always that way. Sometimes I look for leads, and find inspiration or bits and pieces of things I may be able to use, explore, or refine.

With my friends I am fairly certain Ne humor is at my disposal, as I make intelligent tangential remarks that can come from out of nowhere, etc.

But to really say which one I use more, at present, is difficult. When I am more sedentary and inactive, Ne. When I am more mobile and "getting things done", or physically orientated, then Se I would say. I feel fairly comfortable with both honestly -- but that is largely because ((I believe)) I have done some real work on Se. But then again - I always did well in things like gym class, throughout my entire school career (early years through high school).

possibly more to add in a few moments.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I will wait to answer implied's question, because I ended up writing too many things. A partner who is quite self confident and has a positive outlook on developing and maintaining a good relationship - that is one thing. I created a rather large list, so I will wait for a more specific question to reply too - some of the things are just what I would offer in a relationship in general.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My coach in HS tried to recruit me to track several times. He said I would do well in the triple jump for some reason. And I am an avid fan of chasing down frisbees.

Ah.... yeah - I think this is one huge anti-beta thing: I do not relax by competing amongst my family members. Betas have this sense of rivalry and constant gamesmanship that I see as tiring and immature - it is like they always have to be competing against each other, and that is how they relax. Maybe the betas in this one family are just ... not very good at handling stress, because when the whole family is together, none them are happy, and it seems incredibly unintelligent to go about things the way they do -- like the do not know what is going on. I am sure they are an extreme example, but I believe that is a big take away from being an LSI, and beta - I see their constant gaming and competition as petty and tiring, not how I relax or interact with my friends at all - not all the time anyways. And, I do not care if that makes me stand out of off of their little clique or crowd - I am usually focused on much more important things anyways.

I am reminded of the gamma view of betas: too preoccupied with social status or the implications thereof. Like highschool, or college hazing, frats/sororities. I am not at all compelled into greek life myself - much of it seems to be against my principles, how I want to spend my time at college.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing you have to say is that UDP keeps his calm. I don't remember having seen other "re-typings" of forum members that were still so civilized on page 10 of the thread :-) Way to go!
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Good call, thank you.

Hmm.... before I finish my answer, I would ask what sort of answer you are looking for? What I would offer an ESFj in socioncs terms? Or in general terms - like, if I happened into a relationship with an ESFj woman?
    well, go for both! now that you've mentioned both.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't get to read every post of this ten-page thread, but I would like to believe that UDP is my look-a-like (INTj). We seem to look at certain situations with the same perspective sometimes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be an ISFj, according to your signature

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    *pets Clover*
    You discovered our secret!
    Just doing my job, madam.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be an ISFj, according to your signature
    And it's not a good thing when an ISFp and ENFp see you as an ISFj.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Good call, thank you.

well, go for both! now that you've mentioned both.
    Ah, I forgot about that. I saved what I wrote, I will finish it later today.

Right now, however, I would like to bring up something that appears to be emerging .

more later

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj is making a whole lot of sense right now, from my perspective.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One event that unfolded earlier today:

I was at an event with an ESE female and INTj male. We were taking pictures, and there happened to be only three of us. So I took a picture of them, and then when the ESFj and I were getting our picture taken by the INTj, he took one picture, and then he started playing with the (my) camera.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

It was not intentional, but it sounded very.... well, the ESFj sort of took ethical offense to it. "That didn't sound very nice, there, UDP!" not really upset, but feeling concerned for the INTj and somewhat surprised my words came out in that way.

See, I have been fairly soft spoken, but probably for a while now I have been changing, and it is not really intentional. I am making some real ethical errors in my speech, and I have to watch myself before I really offend someone.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by nerv_damage
    i actually have a response to all three of the last posts. joy, i feel horrible because i couldn't provide what she needed (she was INTj). The whole benefit thing comes into play but i can't understand why she didn't have any use for me anymore. I know she loved me, we both cried when we broke up and when I tried fixing things up, she was really harsh. She was calling me a baby because i was about to cry in front of her. I asked for a final hug because we shared the most special hugs that lasted forever and people couldn't pry us apart. she pushed me away and walked out of my life for good. getting back to the point. i do feel worthless. everything i gave and sacrificed for her wasn't enough. i put everything i had into that relationship and when it failed, i was a failure.
    I sort of know what you mean. I was with an INTj for like 4 years, and it messed with my head in a similar way. He said that the least attractive thing about me was my enterprising nature. As an INTj, he cared more about physical comfort than financial advancement, so he didn't want to move out of our comfortable rental townhouse in a little town and into a fixer in the city. As time went by it became apparent that every step I made towards my goals was also a step away from him. I knew that the relationship wasn't good for either of us. Being with each other was just setting ourselves up for failure because neither of us could be what the other needed. Now I'm with someone who thinks that my enterprising nature is the most attractive thing about me, but I'm still not quite back to being the way I was before.

It's important to understand that it's not that you weren't good enough, it's that you weren't compatible
    . In an ideal relationship, what your partner needs and appreciates the most are your greatest strengths, and vice versa. The best thing you can do for your partner is be the best *you* that you can possibly be.

If you read the INTj/ESFj duality description you may understand better why you're not compatible with her: http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11214 (If she's INTj... it's common to mistype people the first time, especially when you're new to the theory.)
    This makes me really wonder about being with an ESFj. It can be hard if they are cute, but I believe i am comfortable enough with Si on my own. I would not choose "feeling good" over "financial advancement."

Witnessing an alpha rational couple right now myself.... it does not seem like I would do well with an ESFj like that. I would want to be doing something more. And like in that beta NF thread, I do not have a problem reassuring someone of reality, or particularly, why you do not have to worry about something. I am also finding it more appealing to really finish something and put forth the right effort to end something and do it well.

I also agree very much with what Joy said about compatibility.

More later. Many things going on today.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not choose "feeling good" over "financial advancement."
    You are not Alpha.

I think you're Resolute and a Positivist, too. Definitely rational and logical, too.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not because I like money a whole lot, either. I just do not like ... well.... see my thread about a my thread about a 40 year old alpha rational couple

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think financial advancement obviously has the future purpose of feeling better, otherwise, what?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not choose "feeling good" over "financial advancement."
    You are not Alpha.

I think you're Resolute and a Positivist, too. Definitely rational and logical, too.
    "When I am reading and buzzing through the forum - focused on just doing things in the forum, and with a focus mindset --- no, there is little "Ne", in the tangential sense. I am focused."

Process, too?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not because I like money a whole lot, either. I just do not like ... well.... see my thread about a my thread about a 40 year old alpha rational couple
    yes

also when one is younger and still preparing for his life one can incur a lot of stress over what he wants and does not want to become, especially if one is prone to planning or thinking he can plan his life.

He used as a universal of course.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy gives us a classic example of laziness. Not necessarily anything to do with Quadra or type.

UDP, I wouldn't like that life either. Life needs a little more action and purpose; you and I both know that, but it doesn't make us any less Alpha. There are plenty Alphas out there who have pursued financial success that make massive amounts of money and live the "high life;" doing so doesn't make them automatically Beta.

I wouldn't choose comfort over financial advancement either. Financial advancement offers a different kind of "comfort."

See, what you guys need to learn is that actions are not governed or predicted by Socionics. What IS predicted is the motivations for taking said actions, which, sadly, we can never REALLY tap into in anyone but ourselves (which can still be hard, sometimes). What we can do is speculate, and look at other factors and tendencies to see if they give us a picture of who the person is. But in order to do than, in order to dig a little deeper, you have to get past these immature ideas like thinking that Se-Quadra types all want lots of money and that Si-Quadra types will always choose a safe/comfortable life over financial advancement.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't ESFjs the second to top earner in those MBTI earning statistics posted a while back? I am not implying in any way that safe/comfortable life and financial advancement are mutually exclusive. Also, there are always going to be exceptions in individuals to the every characteristic commonly associated with type (or functional preference), based on environmental programming and whatnot.

Yes, any type can care about financial advancement. As Gilly said, it's why they care about what they care about that is more type related than what they care about. However, if you look at what ESFjs/ESTjs provide INTjs/INFjs, it's clear that physical stability (in terms of having needs met and being comfortable) is a very large aspect of their duality. This type of assurance of comfort and health is imo the defining characteristic of a Si Hidden Agenda. Also, while all types can care about money and desire wealth, Se PoLR types are most likely (from my observations) to not think well of those for whom wealth attainment is one of their top priorities.

The Si > Se types I've known (especially an ESFj and an INTj) see the accumulation of wealth as less important than being healthy and comfortable, though money is certainly a means of maintaining health and a comfortable lifestyle. It's the same as any other quadra value... take Te > Ti, for example. Te > Ti types can still utilize Ti information, but they only value it as far as it will serve their Te purposes.

My primary reasons for seeing UDP as a Se > Si type are his attitude towards goal attainment and his views on things like the seven habits, etc. Also, as I pointed out before, UDP has started many threads on the subject of what he field he should go into. I get the impression that he wants to be certain that he's not putting a lot of time, effort, and possibly money into an education that won't turn out to be beneficial to his future. He seems to almost need to be certain he's headed in the right direction. While it's true that many types can concern themselves with this sort of thing, it's more of a concern for some people than for others. (How many similar threads have other members here posted?) I think that the need for this particular type of direction and reassurance from outside sources is a rather defining characteristic of a Ni Hidden Agenda.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't ESFjs the second to top earner in those MBTI earning statistics posted a while back? I am not implying in any way that safe/comfortable life and financial advancement are mutually exclusive. Also, there are always going to be exceptions in individuals to the every characteristic commonly associated with type (or functional preference), based on environmental programming and whatnot.

Yes, any type can care about financial advancement. As Gilly said, it's why they care about what they care about that is more type related than what they care about. However, if you look at what ESFjs/ESTjs provide INTjs/INFjs, it's clear that physical stability (in terms of having needs met and being comfortable) is a very large aspect of their duality. This type of assurance of comfort and health is imo the defining characteristic of a Si Hidden Agenda. Also, while all types can care about money and desire wealth, Se PoLR types are most likely (from my observations) to not think well of those for whom wealth attainment is one of their top priorities.

The Si > Se types I've known (especially an ESFj and an INTj) see the accumulation of wealth as less important than being healthy and comfortable, though money is certainly a means of maintaining health and a comfortable lifestyle. It's the same as any other quadra value... take Te > Ti, for example. Te > Ti types can still utilize Ti information, but they only value it as far as it will serve their Te purposes.

My primary reasons for seeing UDP as a Se > Si type are his attitude towards goal attainment and his views on things like the seven habits, etc. Also, as I pointed out before, UDP has started many threads on the subject of what he field he should go into. I get the impression that he wants to be certain that he's not putting a lot of time, effort, and possibly money into an education that won't turn out to be beneficial to his future. He seems to almost need to be certain he's headed in the right direction. While it's true that many types can concern themselves with this sort of thing, it's more of a concern for some people than for others. (How many similar threads have other members here posted?) I think that the need for this particular type of direction and reassurance from outside sources is a rather defining characteristic of a Ni Hidden Agenda.
    I enjoy seeing how you pamper you being Se over Si and whlist you being one of the laziest people of the universe.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    My primary reasons for seeing UDP as a Se > Si type are his attitude towards goal attainment...
    I disagree with you're immediate jump to an Se conclusion because:
    1. UDP desires to have what he deems a "worthy life purpose"...

(And it's only natural that no one wants to waste time and effort when they have a goal to obtain.)
    Yes, that's the part what I said could be true of many types.

2. Ne allows you to see many mental possibilities and options for bringing this about;
    Ne types also have strong Ni, so between their Ne and Ni they don't often ask for a lot of input on what they should do, in my observations. They just do whatever seems like a good idea to them. (Though obviously they're going to appreciate input on Fe and Si matters. That's not what we're talking about though.)

3. PoLR Se means it's hard to actually see how to best bring these about in the physical world;
    I dunno. That may be true to some extent, but keep in mind that Se is static and Ni is dynamic. What you're talking about seems like it has more to do with patterns in events than the outward attributes of objects. INTjs are more likely to have trouble seeing certain aspects of the present reality than they do strategies. Their strategies may sometimes be unrealistic as a result of not having a solid grasp on those outward attributes of objects, such as readiness to mobilize, but again, that's not really what I'm talking about. INTjs are less likely to care about practicality than what's interesting, but that doesn't really have much to do with the subject, either.

4. And ... I did the same thing for a while there in my first couple of college years ... worried about how to go about "meaning" something in this world ... I've got it worked out now though .
    Searching for your meaning in the world is far different than needing to know that what you're doing is going to pay off in objective ways.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I enjoy seeing how you pamper you being Se over Si and whlist you being one of the laziest people of the universe.
    1. My post is not about me.
    2. Are you saying I'm not Se > Si?
    3. What, exactly, is your point?
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey folks most of us live in america, no? where we are trained in the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

i think there's a difference between valuing money and money management, frugality, efficiency, and the like, and valuing the things that money can bring you.

how much money does one need? how much effort does it take to get money? how much schmoozing and ass kissing do you have to do to get it? how much effort does one have to put into managing and supervising the people that manage your money if you're wealthy? what kinds of relationships does one have to have with the servants if one is wealthy? the answers to these questions define how much and what kind of energy one has to put into the issue of money.

i thought about changing professions a couple of years ago...to law. i'd have to borrow money to go back to school, ask my family to accomodate my schedule and it's demands plus all kinds of other adjustments. so i could theoretically make more money as a lawyer.

then it was like, oic, lawyers (and doctors btw) work CRAZY hours for the money they get. the ones who make a lot of money do stuff like wills and estates (read: MONEY) the ones who do the kind of work i would find interesting don't make that much more than i do, hour for hour. i like working 40 hours per week including both of my jobs. not a second more, since i like my life, my hobbies, my family, my man, my interests, whatever. what i'm trying to say is that it totally does boil down to values...how are you going to use your time, how important is your time yada yada. quadra values fit nicely in here in my opinion.

the solution is to budget better not work more. and to be honest, i can't stand dealing with money, even my own. it's like a have-to.

do i want to live out of a box and eat cat food? noooo. this country is a great country - you can figure out how to not live out of a box, be comfortable, do work that is at least somewhat interesting and plays to your strengths and that you can stand to do all day, plus have time leftover for the things and people you love.

so yeah, money is a type and quadra related thing. thing is though, if you value money, then you've got to put forth the energy and effort it takes to earn it or manage it. i'm bored stiff by that...and i'd rather put effort into the things and people i really care about.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attaining wealth isn't about working more or harder, because it's not about working for money. At least it doesn't have to be. I'm not going to get into this discussion again though. Not here at least.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attaining wealth isn't about working more or harder, because it's not about working for money. At least it doesn't have to be. I'm not going to get into this discussion again though. Not here at least.
    ah well i didn't know you've had this discussion before joy.

the point though is whether you enjoy dealing with money and also whether you enjoy dealing with the people who are managing your money. whether that's what you want or value or like.

did you read the post?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did. I didn't disagree with the rest of it.

While I'm sure there are Se > Si and Te > Ti types who get irritated with their brokers and bankers and whatnot, overall I agree with your point.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My primary reasons for seeing UDP as a Se > Si type are his attitude towards goal attainment...
    I disagree with your immediate jump to an Se conclusion because:
    1. UDP desires to have what he deems a "worthy life purpose";
    2. Ne allows you to consider many alternative possibilities and options for bringing this about;
    3. PoLR Se means it's hard to actually pin down how to best bring these about in the physical world;
    4. And ... I did the same thing for a while there in my first couple of college years ... worried about how to go about "meaning" something in this world ... I've got it worked out now though .
    I'm not saying that I'm the same as UDP ... but I'm giving you a valid alternative explanation. (And it's only natural that no one wants to waste time and effort when they have a goal to obtain; in this case the goal is to have a "worthy life purpose".)

On the same note, I don't see why these are difficult questions for UDP to answer. UDP, answer us once and for all ... regarding the "what to do at college" questions ... what is your motivation!
    Explain your question.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    Every time I read UDP's posts, the more I think he comes from an quadra.
    It is weird. I seriously thought I could not be an Se quadra type, until just recently. But now it seems to be coming out swiftly. A major question is: what really is an Ne porl?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Joy gives us a classic example of laziness. Not necessarily anything to do with Quadra or type.

UDP, I wouldn't like that life either. Life needs a little more action and purpose; you and I both know that, but it doesn't make us any less Alpha. There are plenty Alphas out there who have pursued financial success that make massive amounts of money and live the "high life;" doing so doesn't make them automatically Beta.

I wouldn't choose comfort over financial advancement either. Financial advancement offers a different kind of "comfort."

See, what you guys need to learn is that actions are not governed or predicted by Socionics. What IS predicted is the motivations for taking said actions, which, sadly, we can never REALLY tap into in anyone but ourselves (which can still be hard, sometimes). What we can do is speculate, and look at other factors and tendencies to see if they give us a picture of who the person is. But in order to do than, in order to dig a little deeper, you have to get past these immature ideas like thinking that Se-Quadra types all want lots of money and that Si-Quadra types will always choose a safe/comfortable life over financial advancement.
    This is a strawman argument. UDP has shown no signs whatsoever of having weak Se, strong Ne, or valued Si.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do totally agree with you that INTjs are more likely to have trouble seeing certain aspects of the present reality than they do strategies ... and that's exactly what I meant by "PoLR Se means it's hard to actually see how to best bring these about in the physical world" (I didn't explain it as well as you ). For me, this is exactly what happened in my earlier couple of college years. Strategy was no problem at all ... it was the problem of having so many alternatives; and yet feeling detached from the real physical world, like, "which one should I really do?" or "they all work so well in my head, but which one is going to work for me in the real world?".
    yeah... I just didn't know INTjs actually cared about that.

Searching for your meaning in the world is far different than needing to know that what you're doing is going to pay off in objective ways.
    What do you mean by pay off? Our "meaning in the world" has to pay off in some tangible, physical way (unless it's a purely spiritual meaning we're looking for ... but I wasn't necessarily talking about that). "Pay off" can mean that you've successfully written a novel; become a sports star; raised a happy and healthy family; whatever. Besides that, we all have to make sure that we can provide overselves with some money.
    In this sense, "pay off" means that it provides whatever corresponds with that persons quadra values. For Beta perhaps that would be financial rewards and advancement within an organization?
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will answer the "What do I have to offer an ESFj question" soon - I did not forget about it.

I was looking at the motivations for looking into my future occupation, and, initially it seems more than . I am not just supposing random possibilities, I am trying to find the best match for myself - where I can contribute most based on my set of skills and my desires. I am looking for efficiency, and maximization. I am always careful about selecting serious things. I certainly do not want or need an ESFj to come up and say "Do whatever you love doing!!" - I know that.

However, in no way does that settle me preferring EIE of ESE.

To be honest (UDP), I have a hard time seeing you with an ExFj. But I could say that of other Ti dominants, too, though to a lesser extent. (What did you think of my interpretation of the bolded part of the ENFj/ISTj duality description?)
    Eh, I shall field that question in my other thread which I have been neglecting for a few days....
    Having read it your response a few days ago, I recall it now and feel like "no, it was not really appealing to me". But now I will go back and look at it again.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...=235015#235015

I do not enjoy experiencing drama. I am not sure, however, whether I do this or not: "He's an asshole to people so he can use the severity of their emotional reactions to see if they really care as much as they claim to. ". It does not seem like me.

"He uses his awesome powers of observation to locate his dual by noticing her expressions and whatnot. "
    - yes, I am very very observational, and selective. Consider how I singled out Miss Virginia. I know she is "hot", but I did it mostly by her face and facial expressions - not looking at her body.

"He refuses to believe that people have feelings for him, and his dual is the only one who's able to convince him otherwise."
    - that may be true, but that may be just as true for an INTj.

I will compare INTj Fe seeking descriptions and the ISTj one in the future.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    As for UDP, it seems to me (though I don't know his true reasons), that his type threads came after constant barages that he's not acting like a stereotypical intj.
    I know I am not a stereotypical INTj. I am either a very hardcore subtype, or I am a ISTj. Those are the only two possibilities that need to be considered, honestly. I am not EJ, or irrational.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast