Thread: "Satisfying achievement"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Satisfying achievement"

I think that one of the best ways to determine type may be to think about what each type considers as a satisfying achievement.

So for example, for an ENTp their "satisfying achievement" is finding new perspectives and possibilities.

Can you help to come up with the main "satisfying achievement" for each of the 16 types?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having the world in the palm of my hands.

No, actually, it's teaching people. I think I'm the only one like that, though.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone

No, you're not.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    For me it's being active and popular, and happy. You could also consider any kind of good adventure a "satisfying achievement" for me.

I'm guessing that other ESTps would say similar things.
    That minus popular for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A profound realization that could act as a significant modifier of current society.
    thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone

No, you're not.
    I meant out of the INTps. My INTp inventory tells me so.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INFp and I'd love to teach but I think at a college level so hopefully I would have students that would want to learn. I'd teach Engish and World Religions and Genetics and Paleoanthology.

What a dream . . .
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, satisfying achievement is using intelligence and creativity to pull off a really challenging project. (Even if when I've finished, I've lost 10 lbs, can't remember the last time I've slept, and have alienated my family )
    "Language is a virus from outer space."
    William S. Burroughs

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My most recent satisfying achievements included finding a great real estate deal in which I made $60,000 (in equity) in six months and I know that it'll be much higher in two years. This is going to be used as capital for further investments. Also included is becoming a licensed Home Inspector and getting a job with the best Home Inspector in my who chose me because he knows that I'm bright, great with clients, and will help him market his company and develop a Home Inspection software program which we will use and he will sell to other Home Inspectors. Another role I will also likely be filling eventually is training new Home Inspectors that he's taking on and perhaps running a branch location. He is paying me well, teaching me as much as he can, and paying for me to go to school. in fact, I have to get up in less than 5 hours to go to a class to become a state certified winter weatherization inspector for rental properites. (When an income property is purchased in my state, it has to pass this inspection if it hasn't already.)

The biggest thing I've done that I find satisfying is finally finding the perfect field for me. Trust me... I've tried LOTS of different things... I recieved a medical coding certification (not an easy feat!!!), I went to college for interior design, I worked a body peircing apprenticeship, I was a dancer, I sign up for two network marketing companies, and I originally intended to become an industrial phsychologist. None of those things ever really seemed right, but now I've found my element... real estate.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I would like to add that this may not be a typical representation of an ENTp because I'm just barely on the p side of the p/j fence, and in my career I often lean more towards j.

(I'm also not leaning too far towards the E side of the E/I fence, but I'm more so an E than I am a p... if that makes any sense...)
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I consider satisfying achievement and do in my ambition (charity related) can change peoples lives and support communities. That is the greatest satisfaction for me to see how my work can help people or ideas where they need it. Saving lives, seeing how the smallest amount of things can help other people. Learning people to help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    None of those things ever really seemed right, but now I've found my element... real estate.
    Have to disagree here, as strange as that might sound. Real estate is not an element, so you have not found anything - if only a currently inflated marketplace for someone else to utilize your particular strengths in. As long as you recognize these strengths for yourself, you are bound to be appreachiated by your current boss and any to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    but now I've My most recent satisfying achievements included finding a great real estate deal in which I made $60,000 (in equity) in six months and I know that it'll be much higher in two years.
    I wish I was that confident in the housing market.
    Logical-Intuitive Extravert (ENTj)
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I didn't answer the thread properly. My most satisfying achievement is raising two children without the burden of any religion. I taught them what their Jewish heritage believes, what the local Christian church believes and hopefully showed them what I believe as a neo-pagan/Wiccan. I feel in the area of faith/belief they both have made personal choices that are best for them. That makes me happy as a parent. Freedom of the soul is is life's greatest treasure.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I could look at things that I've accomplished that made me proud at the time: getting a Master's degree, landing a faculty position and making a success of it, having children and seeing them develop. When I've made an achievement, I feel great at the time. That feeling goes away kind of quickly, though, so when I have it, I've found it's best to fully experience it.

Today a great achievement would be to be like a tennis pro in most things - able to hit back almost any type of crazy serve life gives me . . . and look good doing it!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    I'm INFp and I'd love to teach but I think at a college level so hopefully I would have students that would want to learn.
    Don't count on it...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To always learn through research that excites me, explore the world and teach to pass on my knowledge and inspire others. All this centered around a loving and accepting home base.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A "satisfying achievement"?
    Not waking up before 12.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehehehehehehhehe

The secret to real estate is understanding the market...

Yes, the real estate market is inflated right now... that's what happens when the stock market is doing crappy and interest rates are low... that's why all of the "smart" investors have been pulling out of the stock market and investing in real estate, right? yeah.... buying high (real estate in a hot market) and selling low (the stock market when it's crappy)... genius.

The reason I know my investment will have appreciated in a couple of years is because I bought a single family home. Right now "smart" investors are buying multi-family units. At the same time, lending guidelines have been lower than ever, so people who would usually be renting a unit in one of those multi-family properties have been buying single family homes. The result? Lower demand for those rental units, creating vacancies and low rents. As a result, it's difficult to buy a multi-family property that will pay for itself, and positive cashflow is the most important thing in any investment.

Yep, these casual, upper middle class real estate investors are getting frustrated and once the stock market starts to improve, they'll be cutting their losses and selling off their real estate to get back into the stock market. THAT will be the time to buy multi-family properties (and sell off stocks)... and all the while teenagers will be becoming adults and starting families... interest rates and lending guidelines will be back up, and the rental market will be in much better shape...

Meanwhile, the huge 100 year old house I bought in the ghetto (and one of the most up and coming areas in my state) will then be the type of house that people who are buying starter houses now will be looking to move into...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE REAL ESTATE!!! The reason I called it an element is because it's really not... BUT to me, it is...
    SEE