Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESTp uncovered profile

Creepy-aurora_faerie

that show was awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to do one! I know I know...I pick on ESTps too much.

But anyway

ESTP/ENTP living together:

ESTP comes home (male or female ) to an ENTP roomate

ESTP to ENTP sitting in computer in stern concentration

ESTP - What are you doing?
    ENTP - Nothing, on computer (end of convo for us)
    ESTP - Have you been there long?
    ENTP - Snaps out of what doing long enough to say, "awhile"
    ESTP - You are going to go blind on that thing.
    ENTP - Uh huh
    ESTP - Oh look, you changed your font to blue with a blue background on computer, I can't see what it says? How can you.
    ENTP - It reduces the strain on my eyes (in reality changing blue so curious ESTP would mind business was whole point).
    ESTP - So what did you do all day?
    ENTP - Realizes work is futile, ESTP wants to "talk"
    ENTP - Nothing, I left some papers on the table and can't find them, did you do anything with them?
    ESTP - No I wouldn't ever do anything with your important documents
    ENTP - I'm sure its ok, I'll find it somewhere
    ESTP - Says, I only throw out stuff of yours if it doesn't have names and phone numbers on it
    ENTP - GASP...ESTP is throwing out my stuff???? Starts to panick because has been looking for separation papers for a week and is currently out $2k because of ESTP cleaning and decorating but not actually doing it in an organized way
    ESTP - Starts looking because deep down they know, they probably moved it somewhere and just wasn't paying attention when they did it...then gets sidetracked...
    ESTP - starts running around house, starting meal turning on television and making lots of noise. Phone starts to ring as soon as they enter because they let word get out they are home and available for all their friends to call.
    ENTP: Still trying to work on the computer despite blaring music, phones ringing, and constant little ESTP interuptions

ENTP: sits quietly and growls inside at how ESTP has taken over home and doesn't quite get the concept of privacy or how its innapropriate to discard other people's papers.

ESTP: falls asleep on sofa with TV still blaring
    Polly
    ENTp

Creepy-aurora_faerie

ESTP: falls asleep on sofa with TV still blaring

<3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That one isn't a fucking ESTp. No estp would say that the computer makes you go blind.

Phone always ringing? Sounds like an ethical type to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP - Nothing, on computer (end of convo for us)
    ESTp - Gets bored with ENTp, does something else.
    Maybe you Herzy but I've always thought you an exception the rule.

ESTPs I know are all quite curious. Keep in mind here too, he doesn't use the computer and I have no cable TV in my house. His activities are limited to:

Cleaning <--- well I'm messy and he wants the place to look pretty so cleans
    Decorating <-- only so much of that you can do
    Watching movies <--- I only have so many movies
    Listening to the stereo (with the subwoofer so loud it shakes the entire apt)
    and inquiring what I'm up to

As far as the phone goes, kind of made it clear when he moved in he was to get his own phone because I hate answering phones (this went ignored). But I have been expressing my aggravation lately so he knows I want all these calls to stop.

He's extremely close to his mother and she calls at 8:30-9:00am on Saturday mornings

He sleeps through it, I don't.

He also goes out quite a bit and I feel like he thinks I need 'help' in that area. He doesn't force it on me but I can still constantly sense this feeling from him that he doesn't quite get my lifestyle.

On the plus side, I have the most wonderful conversations with him on human behavior. He is very much in tune with people which is why I can't quite understand why he's not sensing these things...maybe he is, but just ignoring them.

I do find though that the concept of "interuption" is lost on all the ESTPs I know.

I'm curious to know what you think about the rest of it though.

P.S. Keep in mind here I see this guy's positive sides too and why so many people really like him. I find its when I share space (home or office) with ESTPs I run into problems and this may not be personality related but my lack of patience with patience with some people in general.

I wouldn't have problems with him misplacing my things if I put them away in the first place. Its just that he (and I find other ESTPs) have this tunnel vision when they have a task to do. This clashes with my methods of, I don't care if it takes a long time to do if its efficient. It's like they don't think too far down the road to consequences.

Would this be off base?
    Polly
    ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Sounds like an ISFj that I know.
    That what was I was thinking.

"This clashes with my methods of, I don't care if it takes a long time to do if its efficient."

If it takes a long time, it might be effective but not efficient.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Sounds like an ISFj that I know.
    That what was I was thinking.
    The creature Polly described seems more ESFj to me. rather than .

And, to add to what everyone has been saying, no, no ESTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Doesn't sound ESTP to me. The computer blind thing is so out of type.

Convo probably like:

ENTP - Nothing, on computer
    ESTP - (DESCRIBES SOMETHING TOTALLY CRAZY HE DID THAT DAY IF HE LIKES YOU ENOUGH)
    ENTP - (WHATEVER YOU PEOPLE SAY)
    ESTP - (GOES OFF TO DO HIS/HER OWN THING, BORED SINCE ENTP ISN'T REALLY CONTRIBUTING TO CONVO AND HE'S GOOD AT READING PEOPLE SO HE SHOULD KNOW WHEN SOMEONE'S TRYING TO CONCENTRATE ON SOMETHING)
    INFP

Default Re: ESTp uncovered

[quote="Joy"]http://www.socionics.com/prof/estp2.htm

[quote]ESTp uncovered

well I'm offended...

Who cares if you're offended you're not supposed to dual with an ESTP. An ESTP needs the INFP to arrange their life by subsquently conquering the conquerer. You're only going to arrange your life to protect them and you're not even their semi-dual. Two extroverts should never pair together anyway, you moron.

Lefty ENFJ 4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well aren't you clever. and charming.

If you had read the thread, you'd see that I wasn't offended because someone said something mean about an ESTp... if was because it was a FEMALE ESTp. Why did the writer feel it necessary to make that distinction?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESTp uncovered

Quote Originally Posted by lefty_liberated
    Two extroverts should never pair together anyway, you moron.

(if you think that me posting these o rly owls is pathetic in that it takes no time at all to do, I'll remind you that I do it because you're posts don't deserve any more response time. )
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because it's sergei ganin, lulz.
    :wink: yep

I think he was trying to avoid getting bitched out by the male ESTps or something?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he just chose a gender at random. Or maybe he chose female to avoid the stereotype that men are thinkers and women feelers. There's not enough in this one instance to assume he's being sexist and insinuating that all females are hyper-emotional worriers. Besides, aren't the "uncovered" profiles supposed to be extreme and present a type in the worst possible light?
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say he was sexist. I said he could be afraid of confrontation with ESTp males. I've witnessed this in other INTj males.

But yeah, one time he told me that I like to drive stick shift for some sort of fruedian reasoning in which I liked to control men and refused to see any other reason a woman could want to drive stick.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I didn't say he was sexist. I said he could be afraid of confrontation with ESTp males. I've witnessed this in other INTj males.

But yeah, one time he told me that I like to drive stick shift for some sort of fruedian reasoning in which I liked to control men and refused to see any other reason a woman could want to drive stick.
    It was more of a thought on the subject than a direct response to you. Had it been a direct response, I probably would have quoted you.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because Ganin is ISTj.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drive a stick, maybe I should exert more control over my ESTp...
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I hate SLEs-ESTps

After admiring them for ages my eyes have been opened.

Here are my reasons:

1) SLE's take advantage of others and think of nothing but their own self interests. Yes you will have read this before in the negative personality descriptions but it is true and remember this will at some point translate into them taking advantage of you and people you love and care about.

2) They appear loyal but it is only so that they can meet their own wants and needs. They will turn on you if it helps them win in the blink of an eye with no guilt. So in my book that means they are not loyal.

3) They don't care about you as a person at all. Do they even know you really with any depth? You are an object to be charmed into doing stuff for the SLE.

4) As you admire their social skills remember this. Everything is for the audience. It is not because they want to make you feel comfortable. You will be glad they did make you feel at ease but don't shower admiration on them as that is not why they are doing it. It is only to feed their huge egos and remain center of attention. They don't care about making you feel comfortable.

5) They abuse peoples respect for feelings to get what they want. They act upset or hurt to get you to do stuff. If SLE is acting like this remember it is not real it is manipulation dont fall for it. If you dont believe me and feel your IEI heart being tugged on try resisting or say no to the SLE. They switch tact from hurt or upset to forceful and pissed off way too quickly for it to be genuine.

6) You are a toy to amuse them or a tool to help them win. Once they get bored they have no hesitation in dropping you. Yes even after everything you have done for them. They will then return with a whats your problem attitude later and tell you to do more stuff for them.

7) They expect you to do stuff for them they dont see it as a favour or you helping them out. IT IS EXPECTED. They may say thanks (rare) but they dont mean it. They only say it because they want to keep you motivated to do more stuff for them in the future. They are not actually grateful.

Duality is dangerous. IEI and SLE should not be together.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, all SLEs should be hated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they should.

Users that they are. Exploiters. They'd send a sick child up a chimney to win.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are, of course, entirely correct. SLEs do not even qualify as human beings. They are just two-dimensional cardboard cutout B-movie villains with absolutely no moral center, no emotions, and no substance save for a constant and burning desire to be as big a manipulative jerkass to everyone they know, without fail.

I'm not even sure if they have a soul. They are, in all likelihood, just demons walking the Earth to spread misery and ruin and torment and despair in the name of Satan, their dark lord and master.

Also they don't blink, either.

So there's that.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

now you understand your divine purpose as an IEI,IEI.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellent, excellent.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like SLEs, females that is.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I like SLEs, females that is.
    That's because you loooooooooooooove you a Big Mama.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    I'm not even sure if they have a soul.
    You know i typed the very same thing and deleted it in my first post. I thought hmmmm maybe that's taking it too far but since you agree I will second this point!!!

Oh what a long way it is to fall from the high pedestal i place thee SLE upon.

*internal dialogue* Become an extrovert Become an extrovert

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I <3 SLEs.
    Pah! Good luck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    now you understand your divine purpose as an IEI,IEI.
    Even Ethan Hunt would shy away from that task.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do say stupid shit, and hurt people's feelings, yes.

But not all of us drop people or toy with people. Only "bad boys" do that, generally ESTPs (as opposed to xNTJs, or maybe even ESTJs). This is due to the high level of dopamine that they require to function in normal everyday life, which means risk-taking and fucking people around for their own needs. You've obviously had experience with a bad boy SLE, and yes, he probably was a prick.

I'm not a prick, and although my girlfriend gets hurt (and has done for over a year) by things I've said, I always sort it out again. I do love her, and I do care about her and her feelings. Sometimes we just don't realise that what we're doing or saying can be so hurtful. I have a high level of testosterone as opposed to dopamine, which means I don't risk-take, but can be very aggressive and angry.

You choose between dopamine and testosterone, but if you find an SLE who loves you, I can assure you they will not toy with you. I have more respect for my girlfriend than I've had for anyone, and she's the only person I ever cared about or loved more than myself.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IEI View Post
    After admiring them for ages my eyes have been opened.

Here are my reasons:

1) SLE's take advantage of others and think of nothing but their own self interests. Yes you will have read this before in the negative personality descriptions but it is true and remember this will at some point translate into them taking advantage of you and people you love and care about.

2) They appear loyal but it is only so that they can meet their own wants and needs. They will turn on you if it helps them win in the blink of an eye with no guilt. So in my book that means they are not loyal.

3) They don't care about you as a person at all. Do they even know you really with any depth? You are an object to be charmed into doing stuff for the SLE.

4) As you admire their social skills remember this. Everything is for the audience. It is not because they want to make you feel comfortable. You will be glad they did make you feel at ease but don't shower admiration on them as that is not why they are doing it. It is only to feed their huge egos and remain center of attention. They don't care about making you feel comfortable.

5) They abuse peoples respect for feelings to get what they want. They act upset or hurt to get you to do stuff. If SLE is acting like this remember it is not real it is manipulation dont fall for it. If you dont believe me and feel your IEI heart being tugged on try resisting or say no to the SLE. They switch tact from hurt or upset to forceful and pissed off way too quickly for it to be genuine.

6) You are a toy to amuse them or a tool to help them win. Once they get bored they have no hesitation in dropping you. Yes even after everything you have done for them. They will then return with a whats your problem attitude later and tell you to do more stuff for them.

7) They expect you to do stuff for them they dont see it as a favour or you helping them out. IT IS EXPECTED. They may say thanks (rare) but they dont mean it. They only say it because they want to keep you motivated to do more stuff for them in the future. They are not actually grateful.
    Perfect description of a sociopath.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Perfect description of a sociopath.
    Yep, exactly what I was talking about when I said bad boy/dark triad:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...hs-850007.html

Also the distinction between bad boy and sociopath:

http://www.askdrrobert.dr-robert.com/darktriad.html

A LA NONE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All intertype relations are flawed, but some are just idealizations of our happy fantasies. Did you ever really expect to like all SLEs? Or that SLEs would be the answer to all your dreams? Duality has as many flaws as the other socionics relationships. Augusta was just a lonely, sad theoretician who idealized duality as some escape from her obsessive mentalizing. She had a need for duality to be more than it actually is. And she wasnt even groundbreaking with her ideas. Socionics is basically other peoples ideas haphazardly mashed together in a way which is confusing enough to be bought into.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking SLEs man, just want power and shit, and they can be explained in a few sentences, just makes me mad fuck
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I hate SLEs, females that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I hate SLEs.
    Quote Originally Posted by IEI View Post
    I hate SLEs
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Fucking SLEs man
    Yup.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    All intertype relations are flawed, but some are just idealizations of our happy fantasies. Did you ever really expect to like all SLEs? Or that SLEs would be the answer to all your dreams? Duality has as many flaws as the other socionics relationships. Augusta was just a lonely, sad theoretician who idealized duality as some escape from her obsessive mentalizing. She had a need for duality to be more than it actually is. And she wasnt even groundbreaking with her ideas. Socionics is basically other peoples ideas haphazardly mashed together in a way which is confusing enough to be bought into.
    Projection much?

Marriage counsellor who tried to find what it was that caused some couples to be happy and others to not be. She's made a name for herself. WILL YOU?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, to state the obvious, functions don't make a person who they are. The means through which you process information does not determine what you'll do with that info. SLEs are not doomed to be sociopaths, EIEs are not doomed to be ******s, or LSIs Stalins, or so on. Nor are all INFxs nice fluffy little people who won't stab you in the back.

Type is not character, and it cannot condemn or excuse a person for what they do. Si doesn't make a person lazy, Fi doesn't make them self-righteous, Se doesn't make them self-centered, etc etc etc.

Just look at the different uses of Fe in different EIEs for an example. We can get ridiculous and compare ****** to MLK Jr and their Fe use: both stirring people up but with entirely different messages and purposes. I feel silly even saying this, but being a certain type doesn't make a person good or bad (however you define those terms.)

There ARE correlations, and tendencies, and likelihoods between type and action. BUT, if all you know about a person is their type, all you know is how they think, how they process information, and what kind of approach they will likely take in evaluating it. You don't know the conclusions they will draw, or how they will use those conclusions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    IEI, to state the obvious, functions don't make a person who they are. The means through which you process information does not determine what you'll do with that info. SLEs are not doomed to be sociopaths, EIEs are not doomed to be ******s, or LSIs Stalins, or so on. Nor are all INFxs nice fluffy little people who won't stab you in the back..
    I didn't compare SLE's to sociopaths.

Se doesn't make them self-centered, etc etc etc...
    I disagree. Se makes the SLE competitive. They are selfish because they want to win.

I feel silly even saying this, but being a certain type doesn't make a person good or bad (however you define those terms.)..
    Yes i am aware of that. I understand why you would feel silly typing such a thing. Of course all SLEs are not bad. Just like smoking can have several health benefits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_benefits_of_smoking

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    We do say stupid shit, and hurt people's feelings, yes.

But not all of us drop people or toy with people. Only "bad boys" do that, generally ESTPs (as opposed to xNTJs, or maybe even ESTJs). This is due to the high level of dopamine that they require to function in normal everyday life, which means risk-taking and fucking people around for their own needs. You've obviously had experience with a bad boy SLE, and yes, he probably was a prick.

I'm not a prick, and although my girlfriend gets hurt (and has done for over a year) by things I've said, I always sort it out again. I do love her, and I do care about her and her feelings. Sometimes we just don't realise that what we're doing or saying can be so hurtful. I have a high level of testosterone as opposed to dopamine, which means I don't risk-take, but can be very aggressive and angry.

You choose between dopamine and testosterone, but if you find an SLE who loves you, I can assure you they will not toy with you. I have more respect for my girlfriend than I've had for anyone, and she's the only person I ever cared about or loved more than myself.
    Don't take it personally, I'm just ranting cause my feelings have been hurt.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no you got it all wrong, you're going against the grain
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast