Also the distinction between bad boy and sociopath:

http://www.askdrrobert.dr-robert.com/darktriad.html

A LA NONE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All intertype relations are flawed, but some are just idealizations of our happy fantasies. Did you ever really expect to like all SLEs? Or that SLEs would be the answer to all your dreams? Duality has as many flaws as the other socionics relationships. Augusta was just a lonely, sad theoretician who idealized duality as some escape from her obsessive mentalizing. She had a need for duality to be more than it actually is. And she wasnt even groundbreaking with her ideas. Socionics is basically other peoples ideas haphazardly mashed together in a way which is confusing enough to be bought into.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking SLEs man, just want power and shit, and they can be explained in a few sentences, just makes me mad fuck
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I hate SLEs, females that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I hate SLEs.
    Quote Originally Posted by IEI View Post
    I hate SLEs
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Fucking SLEs man
    Yup.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, to state the obvious, functions don't make a person who they are. The means through which you process information does not determine what you'll do with that info. SLEs are not doomed to be sociopaths, EIEs are not doomed to be ******s, or LSIs Stalins, or so on. Nor are all INFxs nice fluffy little people who won't stab you in the back.

Type is not character, and it cannot condemn or excuse a person for what they do. Si doesn't make a person lazy, Fi doesn't make them self-righteous, Se doesn't make them self-centered, etc etc etc.

Just look at the different uses of Fe in different EIEs for an example. We can get ridiculous and compare ****** to MLK Jr and their Fe use: both stirring people up but with entirely different messages and purposes. I feel silly even saying this, but being a certain type doesn't make a person good or bad (however you define those terms.)

There ARE correlations, and tendencies, and likelihoods between type and action. BUT, if all you know about a person is their type, all you know is how they think, how they process information, and what kind of approach they will likely take in evaluating it. You don't know the conclusions they will draw, or how they will use those conclusions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    IEI, to state the obvious, functions don't make a person who they are. The means through which you process information does not determine what you'll do with that info. SLEs are not doomed to be sociopaths, EIEs are not doomed to be ******s, or LSIs Stalins, or so on. Nor are all INFxs nice fluffy little people who won't stab you in the back..
    I didn't compare SLE's to sociopaths.

Se doesn't make them self-centered, etc etc etc...
    I disagree. Se makes the SLE competitive. They are selfish because they want to win.

I feel silly even saying this, but being a certain type doesn't make a person good or bad (however you define those terms.)..
    Yes i am aware of that. I understand why you would feel silly typing such a thing. Of course all SLEs are not bad. Just like smoking can have several health benefits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_benefits_of_smoking

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no you got it all wrong, you're going against the grain
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IEI View Post
    Don't take it personally, I'm just ranting cause my feelings have been hurt.
    I don't. I'm just telling you that there are better people out there than the sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    Learn the definition of projection.
    We know augusta was a lonely, sad woman. How she longed for her dual but never found them. Now she's mislead tons of people (you guys on this board) into believing duality will solve all your problems. Yeah she made a name for herself amongst the withered, desperate masses. She gave them a glimmer of false hope. And no, I don't plan on following in her footsteps.
    Do you think people think it solves all their problems? That would be naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Just because you've had a bad experience with one SLE doesn't mean they're all the same. Believe it or not, SLE's can & do fall in love, and they certainly care about the feelings of the ones they adore. Yes, I have noticed that If they don't care about you they'll usually have little to no empathy. SLE's are quite simple & they don't like to lead cluttered lives. They're not sentimental creatures by any means, and if they feel like you're a negative influence, offer nothing & drag them down then they'll drop you with little remorse; but honestly, if you think about it, that's not a bad quality at all.

Remember, there are assholes of every type. SLE's are just more in your face about it. They don't sugarcoat anything (unless it's business related), and if you can't handle that then you're not going to get along with them, period. I actually love their straightforward, honest & blunt approach to life; It's admirable & I often use it to my advantage.
    <3+1000

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Or just find a fucking amazing LSI like me, who is sexy and awesome in every way, who transcends type with his utter charisma.

Where type ends, discojoe begins.
    Uhh, I'd watch out for this guy.

It's best if you stick to your own kind.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skdbgkejvkjnbekjfgblkmejdnlorvkjnehlrgkjnbldfnvler fh

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Do you think people think it solves all their problems? That would be naive.
    Yes I do. People on here really believe when they find duality their life is gona change. I know that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    It's probably all your fault..
    lol

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

if you hate them so much, then why not just cut them off?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares, its her life, if she wants to waste it by being taken advantage of, so be it. You guys aren't going to convince her of anything.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Who cares, its her life, if she wants to waste it by being taken advantage of, so be it. You guys aren't going to convince her of anything.
    Fuck off.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off.
    Yea forreal. Everyone gets themselves into shit they cant get out of alone once in a while; she shouldn't be cast into the abyss just because she needs a springboard to get over it.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Are you actually going to take that to heart, or are you going to disregard it? The person you described sounds horrible, regardless of what type he is. Removing yourself from his presence may be the best option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    if you hate them so much, then why not just cut them off?
    They appear out of no-where lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All intertype relations are flawed, but some are just idealizations of our happy fantasies. Did you ever really expect to like all SLEs? Or that SLEs would be the answer to all your dreams? Duality has as many flaws as the other socionics relationships. Augusta was just a lonely, sad theoretician who idealized duality as some escape from her obsessive mentalizing. She had a need for duality to be more than it actually is. And she wasnt even groundbreaking with her ideas. Socionics is basically other peoples ideas haphazardly mashed together in a way which is confusing enough to be bought into.
    Projection much?

Marriage counsellor who tried to find what it was that caused some couples to be happy and others to not be. She's made a name for herself. WILL YOU?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Projection much?

Marriage counsellor who tried to find what it was that caused some couples to be happy and others to not be. She's made a name for herself. WILL YOU?
    Learn the definition of projection.
    We know augusta was a lonely, sad woman. How she longed for her dual but never found them. Now she's mislead tons of people (you guys on this board) into believing duality will solve all your problems. Yeah she made a name for herself amongst the withered, desperate masses. She gave them a glimmer of false hope. And no, I don't plan on following in her footsteps.

Creepy-Snaps

Dating someone healthy and mature enough to have a relationship > dating someone who's more socionically compatible with you.