Well it's a really long thread, but I'd love to hear some other perspectives also. I think only rocky has stopped over there.
- Used to test years ago as INTJ (MBTI), then INTP, then INFP, occasionally INFJ, and just didn't know what the hell I was anymore, and MBTI didn't seem to be able to explain it so I've been looking at socionics.
- Am fairly convinced I may really be Extrovert, and that being an extrovert doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be very socially outgoing like I thought it did. rmcnew said he originally used to think he was an introvert also.
- The Jack London ENTj profile really seemed to nail me more than any other profile there. I read almost every single N profile. The one thing I know I'm sure of is that I'm an N.
- I know that relationship wise, my wife has to be a dual to me. We've been together 9 years, have had very few fights, things are settled quickly, and we appreciate each other's strengths and protect each other from our weaknesses. She previously tests as an ESTJ (MBTI) and a lot in that profile seemed to fit her, but maybe there was something missing. Just as INTJ (MBTI) really seemed to fit me, but there were inconsistencies here and there that becamse more apparent over time.
- If I'm ENTj, a dual would be ISFj. I read rmcnew's ISFJ profile and it really seemed to nail her down just as ENTj seemed to nail me down. Going on vacation on Saturday and have a looooooooong flight, so I'm going to try to con/badger/bribe my wife into taking rmcnew's 320 question whopper test. She'll be bored out of her mind so I think she'll do it, although usually she has zero interest whatosever in psychology theory.
- Hidden Agenda for an ENTj is which is to "become wealthy"? I guess I can sorta see this in me. Before I thought I was INTp and had Fi HA, but that just didn't feel right. Wealth brings independence and autonomy all of which are big NT values, and I think this might fit me a little bit better.
- I've taken rmcnew's test 3 times. I don't really trust the first 2 results because I was under a ton of stress both personally and professionally at the time. Also, I've taken these tests enough times that I can pretty much come out however I want to, although on the latest results I did "try" to answer as honestly and true to myself as possible. I'm giving up on testing in favor of profiles and seeing how I relate to people though, which socionics covers. Knowing my wife is a dual to me and trying to see what her type is from that is a big key.
- I do have some pretty strong at times, so perhaps I could be ENFj or ENxj. I've read ENFj and ENTj profiles and ENTj seems to fit me a lot better, although I do identify with a lot of NF traits. I think a conflict between Fe and Te could explain why I'm more socially reserved and "think" I'm an Introvert though. Te says I should say or do something, but Fe holds me back and says not to be rude, don't upset or offend people. Therefore I end up saying nothing and appear reserved in person. I've always been described as a very sensitive and caring person. On forums, it's "just the Internet" and not people I know personally in many cases, so Fe doesn't care as much and I'm much more expressive and outgoing, perhaps true to my extroverted self maybe?
Anyways, I've been thinking about this a ton and not posting very much. rmcnew has given me lots to think about so special thanks to him, but would also love to hear other feedback and comments too. I think I'm going to "switch teams" over to socionics. :wink: I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and a lot of whats helped me get to this point has been through the stuff covered in socionics which I just haven't seen covered in MBTI.
Thanks for any feedback here or over at socion.info.
- "probably" ENTj (with a strong dose of Fe)