Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naruto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive the slight necromancy but this is a subject I am interested in discussing. I prefer bumping this thread (seeing those who have interacted in it are still around) than to create a new one.

I have some questions for you:

Why Itachi IEI and not ILI?

What do you think of Sasori as ESI?

What do you think of Orochimaru as ILE?

Could you envision Kabuto as IEI?

Could Sakura be IEE, attracted to his dual SLI (sasuke)?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humorous portrayals of LII and ESE couples often show them constantly bickering, with the ESE complaining a lot and the LII just putting up with it. Pinky and the Brain is a good example. Maybe Hidan is an ESE?
    The saddest ESFj

The man with the plan MasterfulMischief's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Forgive the slight necromancy but this is a subject I am interested in discussing. I prefer bumping this thread (seeing those who have interacted in it are still around) than to create a new one.

I have some questions for you:

Why Itachi IEI and not ILI?

What do you think of Sasori as ESI?

What do you think of Orochimaru as ILE?

Could you envision Kabuto as IEI?

Could Sakura be IEE, attracted to his dual SLI (sasuke)?
    I also have orochimaru typed as ILE as well. He fits the whole ILE "mad scientist" stereotype pretty well, also the Fi polr giving the way he tortures/experiments on his subjects/prisoners. Fi polr is really played up, and also his dream of learning all the jutsus in the world is framed as largely pointless/waste of time, a good example of an Alpha villian in a Gamma anime. Conflictorship also works really well with Sasuke imo.

Sasori as ESI could make sense, that's prob my number 2 choice. Regardless he is obviously Fi valuing, seems logical but ESIs can come across that way a lot too. hmmm thinking about it now maybe ESI does work a little better. his Fi lead manifests not only with his whole parent-dolls/chiyo thing but also the fact he hated orochimaru for defecting from akatsuki and really wanted to be the one to kill him himself. Also his frustration with deiadara making them late because of how it made him come across is related to Fi/rationality.

Itachi as IEI over ILI simply because he seems ethical >Logical in not only his values, but his general strengths (his real strengths seem to be influencing/understanding people as well as being able to predict the future, which again with the people aspect seems more IEI than ILI. Itachi is one of those characters that is obviously not what kishimoto would have us believe at this point in the manga, so it will be interesting to see how he ends up. Also, Kisame seems SLE and duality seems perfect for that.

Kabuto I haven't really thought about too much, but I guess IEI makes sense (maybe SEI makes a little more sense). He looks up to Orochimarus Se it seems (even if its super-ego) for example he says when orochimaru is waiting to do the body-transfer technique with Sasuke that he can't believe Orochimaru is alive through all the pain from the disease, and then he states that that is reason why he can't leave his side. The whole interest in medicine/medical ninjutsu points to caregiver/Si like behaviour and he is invaluable to orochimaru in that respect. It seems a lot like Kabuto is responsible for Oro's Id needs (he is also Oro's only friend rly).

Sakura I find so hard to be confident in any typing for some reason. I will say that she is probably an ethical type the more I think about it. I am still convinced Sasuke is ESI.

Fear of Sleep: That could be the case I guess, but I am more confident in Hidan being SEE than kakuzu being LII (tho I like both typings). But also they are constantly bickering and actually dislike each other, the only reason they were paired together was because Kakuzu kept killing all his partners so they paired him with Hidan because he can't be killed. Kakuzu is always super annoyed at Hidans impulsivity (#1 SEE weakness) and also his need to do his little ritual to his god after he kills someone (he's basically exactly like naruto if you replaced his loyalty to his friends with his loyalty to his religion, that's how his Fi manifests itself).

But then again I have a very hard time picking out Male ESEs even though the females seem the easiest of everyone for me to type so take from this what you will.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    Pinky and the Brain is a good example.
    Naaahh, they are some Beta Dual or Activity pair; I think I've heard LSI-IEI for them.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we've got...
    Naruto: SEE
    Hinata: IEI
    Gaara: SLI
    Sasuke: EMO
    And I don't care about the Akatsuki.

We still have to type these people.
    Sakura: Se > Si
    Shikamaru: introverted L
    Sai: ASS
    Ino: Fe > Fi
    Lee: ???
    Neji: introverted L
    Kiba: SLE
    Temari: extroverted L
    Kankurou: ???

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Naruto Characters Socionics Types

I recently finished watching Naruto and I was wondering what the sociotypes of the major characters are?

I personally think that:

Naruto: IEE or SEE
    Sasuke: LSI or SLE
    Sakura: ESE
    Minato: ILE or IEI
    Neji: LSI
    Gaara: SLE
    Kakashi: LII
    Madara: SLE or LSI
    Hashirama: EIE
    Tobirama: LSE
    Jiraiya: ILE
    Orochimaru: ILI
    Tsunade: LIE
    Might Gai: IEE
    Rock Lee: IEE
    Deidara: ILE
    Shikamaru: ILI
    Itachi: IEI
    Obito: IEE

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good typings overall, although I have some differing opinions:

Sasuke: ESI
    Gaara: EII
    Neji: LSE
    Kakashi: SLI or LSI
    Orochimaru: EIE
    Might Guy: ESE
    Rock Lee: SEI

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Good typings overall, although I have some differing opinions:

Gaara: EII
    Neji: LSE
    Kakashi: SLI or LSI
    Orochimaru: EIE
    Might Guy: ESE
    Rock Lee: SEI
    Thanks!

I could see those types for those characters, but why do you think Sasuke is ESI as opposed to LSI? He seems to fit the beta quadra to a tee. Also about Orochimaru, why EIE?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know this series that well, but I agree with @mclane that Sasuke seems like a gamma introvert. He just seems very Fi valuing, dark and broody without any lightheartedness or self-aware irony about it like a beta ST would have, nor the mediating/fairness seeking Ti-Fe of beta. You could very well be right though if you've thought about it and know the character enough, but I want to point out that I know for myself I have a tendency to type characters I like as my own type (although there *are* a lot of SLE superheroes and things like that so I get to be actually right sometimes). Don't know/care enough to try typing the other characters.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akumasdeception View Post
    Thanks!

I could see those types for those characters, but why do you think Sasuke is ESI as opposed to LSI? He seems to fit the beta quadra to a tee. Also about Orochimaru, why EIE?
    I think sasuke main motivations are always his feelings about things. First, he want revenge on his brother for his perception of what he had done. Then he wants revenge on konoha. It all seems very Fi as opposed to an LSI who would be much more collected.

Ororchimaru I think is EIE-Ni. In any case beta for sure, although maybe I could make a case for ILE-Ti. This subtype of EIE has an ILI streak.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think:
    Kakashi: SLI
    Gaara: ESI
    Rock Lee: ESE or SEI
    Itachi: EIE
    Tsunade: SEE
    Jiraiya: SEE
    Orochimaru: SLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sasuke: LSI
    Kakashi: SLI
    Gaara: IEI
    Rock Lee: ESE
    Might Guy: EIE the fight against Madara was what solidified this one for me. He was the only one who made Madara feel that rush of battle aside from Hashirama who also happend to be EIE. Possible activation for Madara. The thing Guy said about his blood being used to push forward the next generation of the Leaf is pretty Beta NF to me. He has never showed SI to me, he's very much a push through with passion kind of guy.
    Itachi: IEI
    Kisame: SLE
    Hidan: SLE
    Kakuzu: ILI
    Deidara: Hard one, but I would propose EIE or SEE. He definitely has an above average understanding of people's emotions and uses them to his advantage. Some examples would be when he aggitates Naruto in an attempt to get him to separate ftom Kakashi and when he was trying to play on Kakashi's feelings for Sakura by implying that Sasori was much stronger than him. He also remarked that he hated Sasuke and Itachi because they showed no emotion and didn't acknowledge him.
    Sasori: SLI would explain Deidara's and his constant conflict. Their conflictors.
    Pain Persona: LIE
    Nagato: EII
    Konan: SEI?
    Tobi: SEE
    Obito: IEE
    Kabuto: ILI
    Orochimaru: SLE
    Jiraiya: ILE
    Tsunade: LIE
    Third Hokage: EIE
    Fourth Hokage: IEI
    First Hokage: EIE
    Second Hokage: LSE
    Madara: SLE or LSE
    Shino: ILI
    Kiba: SLE
    Hinata: SEI
    Shikamaru: LII
    Ino: ESE
    Choji: ESI
    Asuma: LSI
    Neji: SLI
    TenTen: Insufficient development
    Haku: SEI
    Zabuza: LSI
    Last edited by NewAge; 08-25-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accidental double post

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naruto, SEE, 100%. Obnoxiously so
    Sasuke, SLI.
    Kakashi, ILI
    Shikamaru, LII
    Sai, SLI, 100 %
    Might Guy, Se and Fe valuing
    Pain, LIE
    Hinata, IEI. Clear Fe creative, weak and valued Se
    Jiraiya, Merry irrational. ILE or IEI.
    Kabuto, EIE
    Oorochimaru, LSI
    Obito, SEE
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe kakashi's interest in romantic novels could be an example of Fi hidden agenda( although it also could be Si hidden agenda for pleasure, considering theyre also erotic).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Itachi: ILI
    Kisame: SLE
    Sasori: SLI
    Deidara: EIE
    Hidan: SLE
    Kakuzu: ILI

Sai: LII
    Danzou: LSI

Minato: IEE
    Hashirama: EIE

Haku: IEI
    Zabuza: Beta ST

Shikamaru: SLI
    Choji: SEI
    Asuma: LSE
    Kurenai: EII

Neji: LSI
    Gai: ESE
    Lee: ESE

Kakashi: ILI

Kimimaru: ESI
    Orochimaru: LIE
    Kabuto: IEI

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Sakura is ESE.

Her relationship with Naruto (SEE) is characterized by constant teasing and they speak as if they're almost on the same wavelength, but not quite (quasi-identical relationship). Lastly the fact that she is overwhelmingly hated by the overwhelmingly gamma fan base lends credence to her being an alpha quadra character.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyOTLittleFlower View Post
    I think Sakura is ESE.

Her relationship with Naruto (SEE) is characterized by constant teasing and they speak as if they're almost on the same wavelength, but not quite (quasi-identical relationship). Lastly the fact that she is overwhelmingly hated by the overwhelmingly gamma fan base lends credence to her being an alpha quadra character.
    Naruto is not SEE. IEE maybe.
    Naruto and Sasuke is the real Dual here. (IEE - SLI)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naruto - EIE
    Sasuke - ILI
    Itachi - IEI
    Kakashi - LII
    Jiraiya - ESE
    Tsunade - LIE
    Shikamaru - SLI(?)
    Zabusa - SLE
    Last edited by Lycantrope; 05-31-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Naruto not ESE?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    Sasuke - ILI
    Kakashi - LII SLI?
    Shikamaru - SLI LII?
    Zabusa - SLE
    ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of improving my life and doing something that would make me less of a loser, I decided to waste time thinking about this instead

Naruto - ESE
    Sasuke - ILI
    Kakashi - SLI
    Shikamaru - LII
    Zabuza - SLE
    Haku - IEI
    Jaraiya - ILE
    Tsunade - EIE?
    Sasori - LSI
    Nagato (Pain) - EII
    Hidan - SEE
    Kakuzu - LSI
    Killer B - SEI I agree with IEE http://dm.sakinorva.net/view?id=3197 Hinata is more the SEI
    Hinata - SEI
    Sakura - idk (ESI? http://dm.sakinorva.net/view?id=274)
    Orochimaru - LIE?
    Kabuto - idk
    Raikage - LSE
    Gaara - idk
    Madara - LIE
    Last edited by Popcorn; 11-11-2022 at 10:55 PM. Reason: forgot Madara + changed some stuff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123