Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
Personality is just another mask though. Your real self is how you act when nobody watches you. Well that's supposed to be your character. No, I believe that's more your real self. So I guess since diff people wear diff masks in different social situations, the 'Real You' can be discerned from those masks since that's all we have to work with. Uhh... I swear I had a point here lol.

I'd like to be videotaped when I didn't know I was being videotaped (not in a pervy way) just so I can see how I would act. If I knew it was happening, it would take the fun out of it. Just like how you can take the best pictures when people are the most off-guard...

I'm just saying, I disagree that you can rely on how people describe themselves. You are again, just telling people what you want them to see in some way. There's a filtration process that bugs me. I just try to get to know people slowly over time, if I can- but it's hard because usually we have to find some sort of common ground if we want to keep speaking to each other. (At least in a deeper way)

Now I feel sheepish because I'm giving people more credit for being deeper/interesting than they really are haha.
Those are good points, but what I was trying to say is that personality should be placed ahead of appearance.

Jason