Thread: Can psychopaths be any socionics type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can psychopaths be any socionics type?

Can people who are psychopaths belong to any personality type or do they tend to come from specific types?
    100% INTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their brains are too broken to type. That goes for people with serious addictions and other brain disorders, too. When I was very depressed my personality was much different than it is now!!! And I had been depressed for so long that I thought that WAS who I was...

I'm so glad I'm not one of those "psych meds are foolish" people! I'd still be living in that hell on earth that I used to call my life.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I said psychopaths I meant all psychopaths... not just "crazed killers" but people devoid of conscience e.g. corporate psychopaths who will do anything to further their own ends but act perfectly legally.

[[[Duh! Forgot to logon! ]]]
    100% INTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychopaths, I have inferred from other pieces of knowledge, actually have a physical malfunction in a part of their brain that reacts the same no matter whether it is you or another human that performs an action. As such, these could be any type. The F's would suffer the worst, however.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my husband was almost totally ignored as a child and riased my TV. He was a sociopath as a teenager.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my main frustration with authority when I was younger; I would ask the authority who punished me why so and so was wrong and why I deserve to be punished and they respond, "because I said so." That use to grate my nerves so much.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the "because I said so" is so ridiculous. I will NEVER say that to my son.

I have seen first hand that parents who are too strict do more harm than parents who aren't strict enough. Life is full of natural consequences that, when left to fulfill themselves, teach lessons better than even the best parent could generally hope to.

A couple of weeks ago my five year old son was playing at a friend's house and was brought home. Apparently he was having a bad day (with my son there are definite BAD days and definite GOOD days), and he had hurt one the little girls, thrown a toy, and swore at another.

I told him that he could not play with his friends for the rest of the day (a big deal to him), but did not "ground" him, which I find a horrible way to punish a child! Aside from the fact that you're programming your child to avoid negative consequenses of being caught instead of seeking positive consequenses of behaving in a constructive manner. BUT what I did do was ask him what he thinks happen when people treat their friends like that. We agreed that if you don't treat people well they won't want to be around you. I told him that for the rest of the weekend he would need to wait for them to come knock instead of going to see if they could play like he is always asking...

I'm really big on natural consequences and logical consequences. I'm also very careful to avoid playing the "I'm not happy with you" game. It's not about emotional blackmail or who's more powerful. It's about making good decisions.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C.G.Jung wrote (and I agree with him) that each type means tendency to certain psychopathy, in other words, latent psychopathy.
    For example, Augusta supposed that rational types tend to paranoia, while irrationals tend to maniacal-depressive psychosis.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've raised two children. Parenting should be a benevolent dictatorship. Nothing else works. You will see!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    I've raised two children. Parenting should be a benevolent dictatorship. Nothing else works. You will see!
    I think that you are absolutely right, Artemis!
    100% INTP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    I agree with you 100%!

Hey, we actually agree on something.

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky me to be the product of this 'benevolent dictatorship'.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STOP THE INTP SARCASM

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't meant to be sarcasm. I wrote it that way in order to confuse you on my true feelings about this idea, yet still say something.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess who's NOT going to be the Poster Child. :wink:
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I've wondered that too

I've wondered that too. I think all people could be considered psychopathic in one aspect or an other. Humm. I don't think type follows this mental illness. It would be like trying to evaluate what number of people with down syndrom have a certain personality. Although my personal experience has shown that estp's can be some what uncaring about others feelings. But several estp's I've met have also been decent people as well, so no real clues there.
    female intj/infj ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, Augusta supposed that rational types tend to paranoia, while irrationals tend to maniacal-depressive psychosis.
    I think at least 13 types are generally out to get me, only 2 maniacal, resque me :wink:
    Logical-Intuitive Extravert (ENTj)
    TeNi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My idea is:
    DMS-IV axis I --> N
    DSM-IV axis II --> S
    Do you agree or is this too abstract?
    "Wenn der Deutsche in einen Satz taucht, dann hat man ihn die längste Zeit gesehen, bis er auf der anderen Seite des Ozeans wieder auftaucht mit seinem Verb im Mund." - Mark Twain

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too abstract.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."