Thread: Japan: Land of ENTps

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Japan: Land of ENTps

What do you think? They love innovation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure about the E part. In Asian cultures introversion is generally a very very highly valued trait. They have had to make adjustments to associate with the west but while I was there it did seem to me that they still valued introversion in people a lot. I must however say that many of the younger ones are very curious and friendly and are interested in innovation, world affairs and travel; but who says introverts can't be this way. Japan is highly likely to be N and most definately T. P I am not sure of either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Japan is ISTp.
    Definatly. And China is LSI. Italy SEI.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Japanese people are the coolest people in the world, and if I was going to travel internationally, or even MOVE to another country, Japan would be one of the places I would research and seriously consider.

I do think that they're Es... they just don't want to look like they are... they've had their hands in major world economics for more than half a century. They are movers and shakers... they accomplish what they set out to accomplish and are a major world leader. They are industrious, enterprising, productive, innovative, and all that fun stuff. Economically they stay a step ahead of most of the rest of the world. As far as how they take pride in keeping with they're own culture... on one hand yes, and who can blame them?!?!?! But then on the other hand.... NO. They are totally fascinated with Western culture. And have you ever heard J-pop??? They are Es! I rest my case.

Japan may be ENTp or ENTj. I'm leaning more toward ENTj...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Joy
    Extroversion is traditionally higly looked down upon in Japan, I highly doubt that anyone who has been there would say otherwise. Extroversion is not generally viewed with indifference but almost contempt (please do not think that the young western-obsessed city types are representative of this culture). They have traditional beliefs that tells them that the only good and loyal friends and partners in life are very understated and quiet. I hope you get to go there because you will quickly see this view in action. In fact, when I started travelling the world's countries including Japan, I had to quickly learn for my own good that outside of the western world, extraversion is not a very valued trait generally. The Japanese are movers and shakers because commerce/industry is valued in their religious and social culture not because they are extroverts.

If you should attempt to move to Japan permanently you will quickly see that they have strict policies there to make doing that next to impossible. They are just not as open ( in their own country) as you think but they can be cool people (as you put it) though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm I more meant that they're extroverted as a whole. I certainly agree that their culture favors the individuals to be introverted. Perhaps I do view their culture more for what it's like in the cities than overall to a certain extent...

And I sorta had a hunch that it would be very difficult to move there... that's why I was sure to word it like I did. LOL, maybe my view of the Japanese is distorted by my love affair with anime (but I assure you that my views are NOT based on what I see in anime!). I've always found Easturn culture fascinating. I am glad that I was born in the US though... I would be an outcast in most places. Here I'm a loner because I choose to be.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdf
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-joseph

Default INTJ

I think most Japanese people are INTJs..Just my own view..and other majority is Is not Es