View Poll Results: Do you think women look better in make up? (not ALL the time, but at work or out and about)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, the natural look of not wearing make up is generally preferable.

0 0%
  • Yes, as long as it's done tastefully.

0 0%
  • Sure, an old barn always looks better with a new coat of paint!

0 0%
  • Depends on the woman.

0 0%
  • Depends on the make up.

0 0%
  • However the woman feels she looks best!

0 0%

Thread: Do you think women look better in make up?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you think women look better in make up?

I love wearing make up, contrary to what one would think based on my opinions about society's expectations. I can't wear make up to work during the summer because I sweat in the hot attics, on roofs, and carrying around the 28 ft ladder.

It's cool enough to wear make up now, and this has me thinking of the whole concept and people's perceptions of make up. So... I'm posting a poll. In addition to the poll, I'm wondering if people think that women look more professional with make up on, particularly Real Estate agents and women in the coporate field and sales ladies and pretty much any "white collar" field. Also, does this change if the woman works in a field that's dominated by men?

I'm going to go finish getting ready for work and putting on my make up now...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, whatever makes you females look cuter.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends upon the woman and the make-up. But, hey, whatever floats your boat! I really don't have much of a preference either way.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most women look better in make up. Too bad it will never catch on for men!

Personal vanity aside - it's nicer and more fun to look at attractive people.

Make up is so great to experiment with also! You can achieve a completely different look with just a few sweeps of a brush and a certain color.

Do I think it will make or break you at work? Absolutely not!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I despise the stuff. The whole concept of spending time and money to put uncomfortable, smelly powder/cream on one's face simply to look fake seems ridiculous to me.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, Xcaliburgirl, I don't go for makeup either. Sometimes I think it can look pretty cool, all the things girls do with it, but I'd be embarrassed walking around with one of those magazine model freaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I don't like women (or men) in make-up and have hardly ever been out with a woman who uses (a lot) of makeup. I particularly dislike face powder... but a light touch of eye or lip make up may be acceptable.

Ideally, in my view... none.

The only time it works is when you get an actress of a certain age who is desperate to look good... and then it only works if the makeover is done but a really professional make-up artist.

I once saw Elizabeth Taylor on telly and she looked incredible at the age of 70+ but getting her ready for that must have taken weeks!
    100% INTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing worse than a young girl with perfect blemish free skin piling on tons of makeup.

Makeup is meant to enhance and coverup if necessary without being noticeable.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to wear makeup. Some look ok some don't in makeup. But up to what the woman thinks, I guess. I do think it crazy when teenagers wear makeup.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a little bit of makeup is nice but not required. Its a nice to see when youre taking a girl out that she put forth a little extra effort and put on lipstick or did her eyes a little. I dont like heavy makeup on women.
    Funny story, my friends fiance never wore makeup so I asked her why not. She said it was because it made her look like a man in drag! Her sister promptly agreed I had never heard of such a thing. Does anyone have any experience like that?

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ark complexioned ISFp with bright-red lipstick can be pretty hot. Anytime I've seen it it's just like "whoa". But usually I'm not big on makeup users. Anytime I see makeup, unless its done creatively, I usuall interpret it as a mating call. "Guys, look at me, I'm trying to manipulate you by manipulating myself".

Past experiences coming back to haunt me now... ugh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ark" complexioned?
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is my great shame(i think) that I do not know what constitutes an ark complexion . Maybe waddles w can help us with this as well. Still, I doubt this type of complexion would only be found in ISFps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    It is my great shame(i think) that I do not know what constitutes an ark complexion . Maybe waddles w can help us with this as well. Still, I doubt this type of complexion would only be found in ISFps.
    Well, he probably meant "dark" but he used "an" before "ark". I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the correct article for a typo. That in combination with you saying it too made me think maybe it was just a term I'd never heard.

Well, Wadz?

Edit: After doing a Google search, looking it up in the dictionary, and checking my usual slang reference source (i.e. urbandictionary.com), I really think he did mean "dark".
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A picture's worth a thousand words:

If make-up can do that, why not? Here's another:

Wow!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    A picture's worth a thousand words

If make-up can do that, why not? Here's another:

Wow!
    Baby has a good point!

Topaz

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    but there is something precious about isfps that is all their own.
    My ISFp sister:
    the one with the monkey in her lap
    with a big grin
    totally hot
    making a funny face
    Isn't she pretty?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about lotion on face. would that be consider makeup? Lotion is the only thing I put on my face or anything dry.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taz
    How about lotion on face. would that be consider makeup? Lotion is the only thing I put on my face or anything dry.
    No lotion is not makeup anymore than sunscreen or suntan lotion. Use Olay with spf 15. Our face is exposed everyday to the wind and weather. Protect it well.

MY ESFp has creamy white white skin. She can wear any color eyeshadow and lipstick and blush and look great.

I am medium-dark skinned with sallow undertones which makes it hard to find any colors that look good. When I do wear makeup, which is rarely, I use Bare Essentials . . . won't wear anything else. It took me years to find something I'm happy with. Has anyone else tried them?

Guys?
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ pedro-the-lion: yeah, she's a little hard to type because of her brain problems

@ Herzblut: Thanks! We've been told that all our lives. As kids it was annoying but since we were teenagers we've always taken it as a compliment. People confuse us all the time, and if I'm in our hometown people stop me and say, "You must be Joy." Then I say, "You know Jenni I take it?" and they say, "Yeah, you look just like her!" and I say, "Thanks! But she looks just like me... I was born first." LOL Our similar appearances have caused us a lot of problems with men...
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;lkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by taz
    No lotion is not makeup anymore than sunscreen or suntan lotion. Use Olay with spf 15. Our face is exposed everyday to the wind and weather. Protect it well.

MY ESFp has creamy white white skin. She can wear any color eyeshadow and lipstick and blush and look great.

I am medium-dark skinned with sallow undertones which makes it hard to find any colors that look good. When I do wear makeup, which is rarely, I use Bare Essentials . . . won't wear anything else. It took me years to find something I'm happy with. Has anyone else tried them?

Guys?
    I haven't tried Bare Essentuals, but I've heard this product is great. I also saw it on QVC and thought I'd try it in a few years. Neutrogena is doing a good enought job for me for right now, anyway. What's the deal with Bare Essentuals?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why I said "an ark" is beyond me. perhaps god was telling me to build an ark through my posts. been very rainy up here in CT.

I meant "dark" complexioned. And Although I agree, bright red lipstick looks good on alot of people, it especially looks good on ISFp's... to me anyway.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ha, this ark-complexioned Euro ENFp looks just as smashing as any ISFp in her bright red lipstick! :wink:

I usually just use foundation, eyeliner and mascara, but sometimes it's fun to get out the lipstick and blush and go for the more dramatic.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wadz
    Why I said "an ark" is beyond me. perhaps god was telling me to build an ark through my posts. been very rainy up here in CT.
    In Jersey too, I got drenched on a call last night. So, if you happen to float all the way down here, pick me up, won't you? :wink:
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lk
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-waddie

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by wadz
    In Jersey too, I got drenched on a call last night. So, if you happen to float all the way down here, pick me up, won't you? :wink:
    Oh, I'll wear clam diggers and sandals. If you don't have a pair I'll bring some for you. Don't want to get your ankles wet.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhm... yeah i kinda love the stuff, as was said, it's a cool way to be expressive. Same thing with clothes, you can be artful with it and it can have very cool results. i too think the right bright red lipstick is a pretty reliable way to look hot.

However there are many abuses of makeup too that produce very *yawn* or eye-rolling results. Some women are uber hot wearing like a swipe of chapstick and moisterizer over their freckles.

I think that makeup can look professional at work. But im 50-50 on it. Just be well groomed, and you'll command respect, ja?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear a small amount of makeup to work to give me a little color. (I am pale and often kind of strung out looking. People are always asking if I'm ill.)

When I do wear makeup, which is rarely, I use Bare Essentials . . . won't wear anything else. It took me years to find something I'm happy with. Has anyone else tried them?
    I tired bare essentials, but I couldn't master the application.

I find makeup difficult to apply in general and I always think about how absurd it is when I am putting it on

I also have never had much luck with the hair or fingernails thing .. or with clothing for that matter.
    "Language is a virus from outer space."
    William S. Burroughs

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never wear make-up, unless its for a special occassion, like a job interview, and even then it's pretty minimal. I don't want to spend the extra time or money if I can help it.

Laura
    INTj, mixed subtype

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I do wear makeup, which is rarely, I use Bare Essentials . . . won't wear anything else. It took me years to find something I'm happy with. Has anyone else tried them?
    I love Bare Escentuals (they misspell the second word - on purpose I assume?).

I wear some makeup but not a lot.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think women are much more beautiful if they're not trying to impress men by putting on make up... Its basically a comfort thing I guess. I just love the way they look without any on.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do NOT wear make up to impress men!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fault, caused by a thickness in the male cranium.