Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: INFp jobs/careers/occupations: what do IEIs do for a living?

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only IEI I can be pretty sure of works for the federal government in the department of health. She is also very active in her church and volunteers for a charity to do with infant care as well as evangelic travel. While her occupation is important to her, I find that the relationships with people in order to further her strong values are what is most important. This does not always come directly or most profoundly from her paid position as a civil servant. But it's a necessary ingredient. She gets most of her satisfaction in her private contributions, I believe.
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."
    Charles Colson, How Now Shall We Live?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think this may be the test I took that said said I would make a good funeral director.

http://www.funeducation.com/tests/ca.../taketest.aspx

bring out your dead!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I do for a living:

Short job history: My dad runs a small TV production company, I worked for him all through high school and college, I got an internship at a larger TV company, now I have a semi-career started as an assistant editor working in the middle of the night. It's not ideal and kinda lonely when you're the only one working all night (and it's hard to see people during the day because like, other people have a real life schedule), but it has a nice balance of freedom and structure, and you can generally just work for the length of one TV show and then it's no hard feelings if you leave and do something else (I mean it's basically expected). I'm probably going to go teach for a year or two starting this September cause I lucked into a cool teaching opportunity in another country (yay adventure!). Also I can live SUPER cheap so I like to work for three or four months then take a few months off and live off of the money left over from the job.

Long term I want to direct plays, but thus far that has translated into directing things when someone asks me or I reply to an ad and actually get a call (email) back. You're supposed to create your own opportunities as a director and like just summon productions out of nothing, but I'm not really entrepreneurial enough for that (I always said I wouldn't want to run my own company; my parents both do more or less entrepreneurial things). Ideally I'd be the artistic director of a repertory theater company I'd start, but I dunno if I'll ever actually do that. I have to confess I occasionally daydream about finding some kind of theater-making partner or producer to work with---I always work better on a team than solo. That's probably a stereotypically socionics thing, right: IEI seeks External Sensation-loving artistic partner to generally inspired, nudge, prod, and encourage IEI into getting more work done. Not sure if the daydream is a consequence of too much socionics when I was a teenager or what.

More pragmatically, I might migrate over to the producer side and be a reality TV producer. That's not going to happen automatically but it's very likely if I worked long enough and asked enough people to let me produce. It's a little sleazy (I mean, there's just a lot of implicit lying in it), but I'd enjoy it enough, I think. And I can always write poetry on the side, like Wallace Stevens (TV producer by day, poet by night!) I've always wanted to be a field producer---flying out to random locations, interviewing strangers, sleeping in hotel rooms. That would be really fun for a few years.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEI-3Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs, what do you do?

For the IEIs out there (or for anyone who knows IEIs), what do IEIs do for a living? Do you enjoy it? If you are in school or unemployed what job/ career do you aspire to have in the future? I am very curious to know .

I got a uni degree in something I dislike and am currently attempting to change direction in my career path but not sure where to go. It raises the question: what are IEIs even good at? It seems like most jobs want someone very extroverted and energetic or they are more for a logical type like business and STEM fields. How do you deal with Te polr? Any psychologists out there? Anyone self-employed?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The IEIs I know and are very close to are absolute bookworms and are doing undergraduate in Electrical engineering (male) and Pharmacy (female). They read a lot, attend every class and pass their exams. A bit boring too; might I add hehe.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I made a list of most (about twelve) of the IEI's that I know and what they do. It's here on the site somewhere, but I don't know how to search for it and I don't feel like trying to reproduce it.

IEI's are good at Ni and Fe. The best, actually.

If you were an IEI-Fe, you could be an actor or a company diplomat/negotiator. But as an IEI-Ni, you might be better as an artist, writer, or possibly a therapist. You are running multiple scenarios in your head 24/7 and doing not much that produces tangible results, so you need a job that requires flexible thinking and not one where you put the left front tire on the car on the assembly line.

Furthermore, you need bosses or customers who appreciate your talents and let you do stuff in your own way at your own pace.

The IEI's whom I know deal with Te badly. When I (a Te-dom) try to help them, they often think I'm making fun of them or trying to prove they are idiots, which is not at all the case. It's just the stance of the vulnerable. I happen to have grown up with a favorite cousin who is IEI and I love her, but if I didn't accept her for who she is and appreciate her unique talents, I might think she had some large blank spaces where her brains should be. (This is not to say that IEI's aren't smart. Every single one I know is very much above average in intelligence. You just have to be careful about how you measure that intelligence.) This is going to be the impression most IEI's make with most LxE's. (My ILI-Te buddy can't stand her.) An IEI-Fe whom I know is a manager in a tech company but she is the most stressed person I know. She "manages" through diplomacy and clearly is out at sea when it comes to Te stuff. (I still like her. We've dated. )

A few of the IEI's I know are self-employed. Probably because they've had trouble with most bosses in most jobs. IEI's tend to like to do things their own way. Two of the IEI's that I know are counselor/therapists.

Best of luck.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most IEIs I know are musicians like playing guitar, sax, keyboard, also DJ. Another one is event manager and runs his own company. Another one works in sales and marketing and has business suit, in husbands company.
    During my career I also met some in Information Technology, like one in 3rd line support, one in network engineering, one in desktop support.
    I also met one as vice chief of support in large multinational company.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Yeah, I feel you... the job world wasn't made for IEI. You literally have to fake it until you make it.

My IEI-Ni friend from high school became an art therapist and seems to enjoy it. I personally think IEI would generally do well in areas like psychology, science and literature.
    Yeah, there was an IEI I was giving career advice on as she didn’t really know what she wanted to do. And I sort of got to the bottom of it by suggesting that it sounded like she was pretty content to be a stay at home partner. I asked her if she would get bored during the day doing not much and she wasn’t worried about that at all saying she can easily pass the time alone with her own thoughts.
    SLE-Ti

TIM
    497sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I aspire to be an actress of a sort but I'm good at singing, dancing, and into astrology, tarot & etc.. But I am a DJ/Producer..
    We are spiritual beings having a human experience. After this body fails to thrive, our spirits are released and reborn into another body. ~

TIM
    NF 4w3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I studied media and creative writing. My job is a journalist, but I also sing, play in a band, write poetry, short stories and lyrics.
    Art, freedom and creativity will change society faster than politics.
    4w3 7w6 1w9 = The Visionary

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs I’ve known have been amazing photographers, writers, and librarians. The librarian I know worked in a rough public school where education was poor. She purchased graphic novels and comics to inspire reading, and hid Willy Wonka golden tickets in random books to reward kids.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not IEI but the ones I know do different things:

- psychologist
    - health care worker
    - journalist
    - gardener (!)
    - administration, communications (she dislikes her job)
    - publishing
    - kindergarten worker

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I write contracts for a living.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently looking for a job, but I generally work as a programmer. Most of my close friends are heavily Ti so I kind of lean that way nowadays as well.

TIM
    GOD
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

training to become a licensed massage therapist cuz the money is dope. I wanna do it just part time tho so I can have time to do art on the side. But we’ll see how that goes :^)
    “Do not think of yourself as above or below anyone else.”

TIM
    ILE-Ne 793 sx/so
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    For the IEIs out there (or for anyone who knows IEIs), what do IEIs do for a living?
    Clean the dishes, write erotic poetry, start an online therapy course, become the victims of consensual rape.

Do you enjoy it?
    @Olimpia?

It raises the question: what are IEIs even good at?
    See above. That is your destiny.
    You know that you are dead when someone puts you into a box and you are unable to devise a way to get out of it

TIM
    IEI 4 so/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI 4w3 here.

What I do for a living... I work in a information services, it's mainly admin work. I do my job well and in return, no overtime just 9-5, you can buy and sell holidays, good pay. The traditional company culture is right for me at the moment, I had a bad time at my last sales job. When I read this article a light bulb went off in my head about why it was depressing in my last job and why it felt so inauthentic to me, read: https://resources.workable.com/blog/...ob-requirement

id definitely pursue a career in combing music & visual media.

From wiki: A music supervisor is a person who combines music and visual media. According to The Guild of Music Supervisors, a music supervisor is “a qualified professional who oversees all music related aspects of film, television, advertising, video games and other existing or emerging visual media platforms as required.”

^ The creative aspect above would not be"work" for me! Although it's worth a mention that a lot of the work isn't the creative part, a large part of it involves the licensing and practical side of music acquisition, plus supervisors have to stay within a budget.

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer service, secretaries & administrative assistants, human resource help, clerical workers, payroll administrators. These are some of the more common historical roles. I am not inclined to think they were all too happy about it either.
    ~* astralsilky

4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

TIM
    IEI Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456