Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: INFp jobs/careers/occupations: what do IEIs do for a living?

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most IEIs I know are musicians like playing guitar, sax, keyboard, also DJ. Another one is event manager and runs his own company. Another one works in sales and marketing and has business suit, in husbands company.
    During my career I also met some in Information Technology, like one in 3rd line support, one in network engineering, one in desktop support.
    I also met one as vice chief of support in large multinational company.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Yeah, I feel you... the job world wasn't made for IEI. You literally have to fake it until you make it.

My IEI-Ni friend from high school became an art therapist and seems to enjoy it. I personally think IEI would generally do well in areas like psychology, science and literature.
    Yeah, there was an IEI I was giving career advice on as she didn’t really know what she wanted to do. And I sort of got to the bottom of it by suggesting that it sounded like she was pretty content to be a stay at home partner. I asked her if she would get bored during the day doing not much and she wasn’t worried about that at all saying she can easily pass the time alone with her own thoughts.
    SLE-Ti

TIM
    ESFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I aspire to be an actress of a sort but I'm good at singing, dancing, and into astrology, tarot & etc.. But I am a DJ/Producer..

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I studied media and creative writing. My job is a journalist, but I also sing, play in a band, write poetry, short stories and lyrics.
    4w3 7w6 1w9 so/sx
    IEI - C (Creative subtype)
    MBTI INFP

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs I’ve known have been amazing photographers, writers, and librarians. The librarian I know worked in a rough public school where education was poor. She purchased graphic novels and comics to inspire reading, and hid Willy Wonka golden tickets in random books to reward kids.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not IEI but the ones I know do different things:

- psychologist
    - health care worker
    - journalist
    - gardener (!)
    - administration, communications (she dislikes her job)
    - publishing
    - kindergarten worker
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

My Pinterest

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I write contracts for a living.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently looking for a job, but I generally work as a programmer. Most of my close friends are heavily Ti so I kind of lean that way nowadays as well.

TIM
    479 sx
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

training to become a licensed massage therapist cuz the money is dope. I wanna do it just part time tho so I can have time to do art on the side. But we’ll see how that goes :^)
    PREV. KNOWN AS KAVIA

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    For the IEIs out there (or for anyone who knows IEIs), what do IEIs do for a living?
    Clean the dishes, write erotic poetry, start an online therapy course, become the victims of consensual rape.

Do you enjoy it?
    @Olimpia?

It raises the question: what are IEIs even good at?
    See above. That is your destiny.

TIM
    IEI 4 so/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI 4w3 here.

What I do for a living... I work in a information services, it's mainly admin work. I do my job well and in return, no overtime just 9-5, you can buy and sell holidays, good pay. The traditional company culture is right for me at the moment, I had a bad time at my last sales job. When I read this article a light bulb went off in my head about why it was depressing in my last job and why it felt so inauthentic to me, read: https://resources.workable.com/blog/...ob-requirement

id definitely pursue a career in combing music & visual media.

From wiki: A music supervisor is a person who combines music and visual media. According to The Guild of Music Supervisors, a music supervisor is “a qualified professional who oversees all music related aspects of film, television, advertising, video games and other existing or emerging visual media platforms as required.”

^ The creative aspect above would not be"work" for me! Although it's worth a mention that a lot of the work isn't the creative part, a large part of it involves the licensing and practical side of music acquisition, plus supervisors have to stay within a budget.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer service, secretaries & administrative assistants, human resource help, clerical workers, payroll administrators. These are some of the more common historical roles. I am not inclined to think they were all too happy about it either.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

TIM
    IEI Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456