View Poll Results: What is eminem's type?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 5.45%
  • SLI (ISTp)

9 16.36%
  • SLE (ESTp)

3 5.45%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 3.64%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 14.55%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 3.64%
  • LSI (ISTj)

7 12.73%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 7.27%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.82%
  • ESI (ISFj)

15 27.27%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 1.82%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eminem

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just by watching his fake interview hosted by Weird Al (ILE)

I have hard time seeing this guy as Fe valuing. Seems to value Fi very much. Ne valuing is just not there. Seems very serious. Picks up anal retentively which song is usable for parody.
    Gamma. You know what I'm saying.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you casted Full-Life on a 2.5 year old thread. hehe.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Just by watching his fake interview hosted by Weird Al (ILE)
    I have hard time seeing this guy as Fe valuing. Seems to value Fi very much. Ne valuing is just not there. Seems very serious. Picks up anal retentively which song is usable for parody.
    Gamma. You know what I'm saying.
    he does take himself very seriously http://www.eonline.com/news/45121/em...isses-weird-al but by the way he mixes up his lyrics doesn't discount Ne valuing type

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok. Gamma or delta it is. He seems to have Se valuing toughness. I have seen pretty similar people that I could swear were gammas with some sort of aggressor behaviour (or pseudo aggressor).

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

young Eminem

personally I have trouble seeing him in a non-Se valuing quadra. Probably Beta, I could buy Gamma, but what's the choice then? SEE? LIE? seem like odd choices. Beta works better imo.
    Last edited by aisa; 03-09-2015 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dudes ISFj... no doubt in my mind. I created a thread about this with 19 pages on another forum and that's what I got out of it.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Dudes ISFj... no doubt in my mind. I created a thread about this with 19 pages on another forum and that's what I got out of it.
    it's actually an interesting typing. link?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESI is actually the only typing that doesn't seem off.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE - Ti cp E6 sx/so

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Some kind of goofy, reactive, aggressive type. sx/so

With a bad drug addiction for years. Drugs affect personality in weird ways. Hard to see who someone really is when they are addicted.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    With a bad drug addiction for years. Drugs affect personality in weird ways. Hard to see who someone really is when they are addicted.
    I find him so intriguing, mainly because he’s so troubled. I’ve heard several people suggest it’s a result of his upbringing, and it sounds similar to what I’ve heard with MJ, but it seems odd to me that it’d be the main problem like that. People are usually able to adapt, plus I’ve known severe trauma victims before, but they’re generally able to slowly recover given the right support/tools. There must’ve been some sort of problem there before that. Like, he wasn’t wired normally/he wasn’t able to process his problems effectively. Maybe that’s why it seems to be hard to decide on a particular type?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m wondering, is it possible for a person’s IM to be partially broken? Like, maybe their mobilizing Te doesn’t work fully? I guess that'd be related to mental retardation or something like that...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    I find him so intriguing, mainly because he’s so troubled. I’ve heard several people suggest it’s a result of his upbringing, and it sounds similar to what I’ve heard with MJ, but it seems odd to me that it’d be the main problem like that. People are usually able to adapt, plus I’ve known severe trauma victims before, but they’re generally able to slowly recover given the right support/tools. There must’ve been some sort of problem there before that. Like, he wasn’t wired normally/he wasn’t able to process his problems effectively. Maybe that’s why it seems to be hard to decide on a particular type?
    After a severe drug addiction it can take years to fully recover, even if you are not using. It's like you lost some brain cells and in order to find your true personality you have to address a lot of stuff and pay attention to your nutrition and often deal with some spiritual crises as well. It can be done though. The brain can regenerate and so can the body and spirit. It involves work. Not everyone can deal with it and that is why so many relapse. :/ So many things can mess with your functions, like trauma, abuse, etc.. Cool that you think about this stuff.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    I think he was wired normally on a basic level, but sx/so plus added instinctive awareness can lead to a generally traumatic effect... couple that with being fed pills by your mother for years and you have it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he looks a bit like a couple of my EIE friends and a lot like one of them. I know a number of EIEs who generally obsess over him so I wouldn't be surprised if he were EIE. I could also buy SLE. I really don't see Gamma but I suppose I see it more than alpha or delta.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    it's actually an interesting typing. link?
    I'd like to share it, but I think He would prefer it if I didn't because of privacy and stuff

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Whatever his type I got 1/2 his energetic dna running through my blood. That's why I named him as my celebrity father in my other thread.

*not talking about physical energy levels.

YWIMW

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find him to be a lot more gritty, discerning and austere than an IEI. I think ESI makes more sense for his work.

TIM
    ENTj (3w4 sx/sp)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Fi/Se seeker, it feels to me that his lyrical content is all about personal "Fi-lessons" on how HE believes one should go about living real and being true to one's self. It all seems to be based on his own personal Fi moral code. It also seems that a lot of the shit he's been through publicly could have been avoided or at least minimized with some Te/Ni help. However, the way he comes unashamedly out the other side of his problems in blatant unapologetic Se-fashion...and brandishing new and personal Fi hard-learned lessons is admirable. He turns hardship into art no matter how publicly painful--in order to remain true to his own inner principles. The "fuck you...I am what I am" attitude is what the Se HA thinks it does (because it wants to)...until seeing the way an Se ego does it so much better. In my opinion, he seems Negativist Gamma-ESI "Cause I'm back I'm on the rag and ovulating...this shit's about to get heavy I just settled all my lawsuits FUCK YOU DEBBIE".

The Way I Am
    ...But at least have the decency in youTo leave me alone, when you freaks see me out
    In the streets when I'm eating or feeding my daughter
    Do not come and speak to me.
    I don't know you and no,
    I don't owe you a motherfucking thing
    I'm not Mr. N'Sync, I'm not what your friends think
    I'm not Mr. Friendly, I can be a prick
    If you tick me my tank is on empty.
    No patience is in me and if you offend me
    I'm lifting you 10 feet... in the air
    I don't care who was there and who saw me destroy you...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se-LSI/Beta; 50 is probably Se-SLE.

Implicit Beta aristocracy, unless he's full of shit and it's just generic rap talk:

[Eminem]
    When me and Fif got together to do this music
    The more we became enveloped we just developed a fellowship through it
    It's no pretend shit, it's friendship, me nemesis is su nemesis
    Ain't for him, it's just media, see to them it's just images
    But this shit is no gimmicks, this is blood in and blood out
    When there's beef you jus' gotta know when to butt in and butt out
    If there's a problem we solve it, if we don't resolve it
    It usually just evolves into one big brawl and we all get involved in it
    We should all get a merit, this much beef we inherit
    And wear it like a badge with honor, pass it around and share it
    And let it go to whoever's holding the most current beef on their shoulders
    And their soldiers got their backs 'til it's over

But tonight, we ain't coming here to beef with nobody
    We came to party, Banks, Cashis and Mr. Ferrari
    So it's Shady Aftermizat back in that ass, you wizzass
    Come hizzon what kinda fuzukin quizition is that
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-23-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 03-23-2015 at 12:47 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just put his newest album on my ipod and warming up to the idea he is Fi base.

TIM
    ENTj (3w4 sx/sp)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Beta as I believe the lyrical content is so heavily Fi. Out of the Beta Se Egos SLE has POLr Fi, and LSI has Fi-Role. I find it difficult to accept that a person would willingly making their very weaknesses the subject of public scrutiny, consumption and fodder.

I believe he feels compelled to make his personal life the focus of his art in order to adhere to his inner principles of remaining true and authentic above all else. The subject matter always seems to be about his relationship with his mother, his ex-wife, his daughters, and having his friends' backs. Another common theme he writes of is navigating and establishing personal boundaries, and remaining true to oneself amidst the "monster" and fake world of fame.

[From sociotype.com article discussing Fi as an Informational Element:]

"...these types convey emotions in terms of how they were affected by something (such as "I did not like that"), rather than an extroverted ethics (Fe) approach that would describe the object itself without clear reference to the subject involved (such as "That sucked"). Much of their decisions are based on how they themselves, or others in relation to them personally, feel in contrast to considering how "the big picture" is affected (such as groups of people).

Fi as Leading Function:

The individual sees reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between individuals, including himself, where the status of such interpersonal bonds is determined by his personal ethics. The individual is very confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities, and their consistency, of other people. This makes the individual seem "judgemental" or "self-righteous" to people less so inclined. If he has difficulty in deciding the status of a personal relationship, he will take action to try to reach a conclusion but if that continues to elude him, he will regard the relationship as not worth it. His own sense of constancy in personal ethics and in his relationships with others is a very strong factor in his sense of self-worth. Fi in this position implies the ability to almost instantly recognize whether someone is a friend or an enemy, whether they are demonstrating good will or ill will, and whether they are drawn to or repelled by the individual."

Kim
    You really fucked me Kim
    You really did a number on me
    Never knew me cheating on you would come back to haunt me
    But we was kids then Kim, I was only 18
    That was years ago
    I thought we wiped the slate clean
    That's fucked up!

Headlights
    You're kicking me out? It's 15 degrees and it's Christmas Eve (little prick just leave)
    Ma, let me grab my fucking coat, anything to have each other's goats
    Why we always at each other's throats?
    Especially when dad, he fucked us both
    We're in the same fucking boat, you'd think that it'd make us close (nope)

Asshole
    Only women that I love are my daughters, but sometimes I rhyme
    And it sounds like I forget I'm a father and I push it farther, so Father forgive me if I forget to draw the line
    It's apparent I shouldn't have been parent I'll never grow up, so to Hell with your parents and 'mother' fuck 'father' time

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fe-seeking and Beta, lol.

Last edited by suedehead; 04-28-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He only became 'serious' after getting off a pill habit which probably messed him up. That's why he's sort of stiff and deadpan now.
    Last edited by suedehead; 04-28-2015 at 03:08 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI cp6w7 sx/sp

IEI gives 6w7 sx/sp the cognition to purge their counterphobic threats/scapegoating of gays (and other groups) thru lyrical form.

My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge
    That'll stab you in the head, whether you're a fag or lez
    Or the homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest
    Pants or dress, hate fags? the answer's "yes"
    Homophobic? Nah, you're just heterophobic
    http://genius.com/Eminem-criminal-lyrics/

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Delta ST" typing is pretty superficial... he only seems to be unemotional, probably because of his childhood and trauma growing up. His earlier albums were more mystical and goofy, not as aggressive or offensive as he is now. And he's obviously Se valuing.

As for his "super seriousness"...:

Eminem - Cum On Everybody (Lyrics) [HD & HQ]

[Eminem]
    My favorite color is red, like the blood shed
    from Kurt Cobain's head, when he shot himself dead
    Women all grabbin at my shishkabob
    Bought Lauryn Hill's tape so her kids could starve
    (I can't stand white people!)
    You thought I was livid, now I'm even more so
    Shit I got full blown AIDS and a sore throat
    I got a wardrobe with an orange robe {*wolf whistle*}
    I'm in the fourth row, signin autographs at your show
    (Yo can you sign this right here?)
    I just remembered that I'm absent minded
    Wait, I mean I've lost my mind, I can't find it

I'm freestylin every verse that I spit
    cause I don't even remember the words to my shit (umm, one two)
    I told the doc I need a change in sickness
    and gave a girl herpes in exchange for syphilis
    Put my LP on your Christmas gift list
    You wanna get high, here bitch just sniff this

[Eminem]
    Yo.. yo yo yo yo
    I tried suicide once and I'll try it again
    That's why I write songs where I die at the end
    Cause I don't give a fuck, like my middle finger was stuck
    and I was wavin it at everybody screamin, "I suck" (I SUCK!!!)
    I go on stage in front of a sellout crowd
    and yell out loud, "All y'all get the hell out now"
    Fuck rap, I'm givin it up y'all, I'm sorry
    (But Eminem this is your record release party!)
    I'm bored out of my gourd -- so I took a hammer
    and nailed my foot to the floorboard of my Ford
    Guess I'm just a sick sick bastard
    who's one sandwich short of a picnic basket (I ain't got it all)
    One Excederin tablet short of a full medicine cabinet
    I feel like my head has been shredded like lettuce and cabbage
    (ohhhhhhh) And if you ever see a video for this shit
    I'll probably be dressed up like a mummy with my wrists slit

Cum on everybody -- get down tonight [8X]

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how accurate the movie 8 Mile is but the vibe I got from him was a victim type. Through out the movie his buddies would make jokes and pull pranks and he would retreat a little bit like a sulking kid getting picked on. The anger he puts intp his music didn't come out when other people were poking fun at him, he seemed like the last kid running saying "wait for me guys! c'mon!" Defiantly not the alpha male in his group it seemed like, if I remember correctly. When watching music videos and interviews I catch a glimpse of a dorky kid trying to be an edge lord.
    P.S. not throwing shade at him, I'm actually a fan.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with SLE. I'm not completely sure but that's my best bet for now.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI-Te

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Music: catchy. But what it's conveying: ...

I'd have a hard time not seeing him as someone with some and going on.

Example.
    Misogyny is quadrically universal but how it's conveyed matters - this is unacceptable in Delta:

"But I may fight for gay rights, especially if they d--e is more of a knockout than Janay Rice. Play nice, b----h. I'll punch Lana Del Rey in the face twice like Ray Rice in broad daylight in plain sight of elevator surveillance, 'til the head is banging on the railing, then celebrate with the Ravens."
    "Unless you're Nicki, grab you by the wrist, let's ski. So what's it gon' be? Put that s--t away Iggy. You gon' blow that rape whistle or me?"
    "Got pissed off and ripped Pamela Lee's t--s off and smacked her so hard I knocked her clothes backwards like Kris Kross."
    "I mean I really want you bad you c---t. Nick, you had your fun. I've come to kick it when you sacked that chump. Nick Cannon, you prick, I wish you luck with the f---g wh--e."
    "Slut you think I won't choke no wh--e? 'Til the vocal chords don't work in her throat no more?"

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what thread you're talking about, I used to hang there

No one wants to believe both him and Bieber are ESI, but it's glaringly obvious IMO, once you get past the persona.

@Chae relax, he's not in your quadra

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you listen to his music, then it's apparent that they're quite... Aristocratic Se. And SLEs are actually pretty chill, they don't get angry very often. All that anger and dramatic expression is more Fe.

I'd say he actually even has a pretty good grasp of ethics and Fe:

"Mockingbird"

Hailie, I know you miss your mom, and I know you miss your dad
    When I'm gone but I'm trying to give you the life that I never had
    I can see you're sad, even when you smile, even when you laugh
    I can see it in your eyes, deep inside you want to cry
    "Stan"

[Eminem:]
    Dear Stan, I meant to write you sooner but I've just been busy
    You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?
    Look, I'm really flattered you would call your daughter that
    and here's an autograph for your brother,
    I wrote it on the Starter cap
    I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show, I musta missed you
    Don't think I did that shit intentionally just to diss you
    But what's this shit you said about you like to cut your wrists, too?
    I say that shit just clowning dogg,
    c'mon - how fucked up is you?
    You got some issues Stan, I think you need some counseling
    to help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some
    And what's this shit about us meant to be together?
    That type of shit'll make me not want us to meet each other
    I really think you and your girlfriend need each other
    or maybe you just need to treat her better
    I hope you get to read this letter, I just hope it reaches you in time
    before you hurt yourself, I think that you'll be doing just fine
    if you relax a little, I'm glad I inspire you but Stan
    why are you so mad? Try to understand, that I do want you as a fan
    I just don't want you to do some crazy shit
    @Chae Yeah, he's just kind of an annoying cp e6.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    If you listen to his music, then it's apparent that they're quite... Aristocratic Se. And SLEs are actually pretty chill, they don't get angry very often. All that anger and dramatic expression is more Fe.

I'd say he actually even has a pretty good grasp of ethics and Fe:

@Chae Yeah, he's just kind of an annoying cp e6.
    "SLEs are pretty chill" Oh really?...

https://youtu.be/cxlGqT1RiCM?t=2m

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    "SLEs are pretty chill" Oh really?...

https://youtu.be/cxlGqT1RiCM?t=2m
    Dang, good example I say, and he's only at 50%.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Dang, good example I say, and he's only at 50%.
    Lmao I know right? He's so funny when he's mad.
    SLEs are typically pretty aggressive. SEEs not as much, but they still have this signature 'bite'.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    Lmao I know right? He's so funny when he's mad.
    SLEs are typically pretty aggressive. SEEs not as much, but they still have this signature 'bite'.
    Note - The girl in red after him had better skills.
    Mhm, and SEE puts the wink in it. Eminem is more like the former.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Note - The girl in red after him had better skills.
    Mhm, and SEE puts the wink in it. Eminem is more like the former.
    Yeah I noticed that! What a Beta convention...
    I just can't get on board with Eminem being an Introvert, and most interviews I've seen him in he seems Fe-Valuing.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is he not an introvert...?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast