View Poll Results: What is eminem's type?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 5.45%
  • SLI (ISTp)

9 16.36%
  • SLE (ESTp)

3 5.45%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 3.64%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 14.55%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 3.64%
  • LSI (ISTj)

7 12.73%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 7.27%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.82%
  • ESI (ISFj)

15 27.27%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 1.82%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eminem

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    THIS is a Te dominant?
    What part is supposed to refute that?

The only thing that seems obvious is that he isn't a Se valuer.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    How the fuck does that make sense.
    Lets wait for Gilly before you wet your pants, yeah?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS is a Te dominant?

In this video he looks possibly ENFj to me, but IDK He's different in each video.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Eminem had a drug addiction to benzos/sedatives/hypnotics going for a while, so that's going to make him appear more chill and relaxed, of course, than he probably is in his natural clean state. There is no way to tell if he's on anything in those interviews, but I'm wondering if the SLI impression people are getting is simply valium and ambien circulating in his bloodstream.

According to this interview link he was taking 20+ pills a day. Do SLIs really have this much trouble keeping relaxed? Would an IP take nearly two dozen downers daily and then still have the energy to hop around the stage like he does?

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    In this video he looks possibly ENFj to me, but IDK He's different in each video.
    drugs

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Lets wait for Gilly before you wet your pants, yeah?
    Actually her sentiments mirror my own.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On stage energy = adrenaline. He handles it with noteworthy composure, though.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What part is supposed to refute that?

The only thing that seems obvious is that he isn't a Se valuer.
    I don't see how on earth a Te dominant doesn't realize he is a multimillionaire. Its perfectly understandable, on the other hand, for a Te PoLR who has never had money before and has no real concept of or desire to know about such things. I think a Te dominant would definitely want more control over his own finances, or would at least keep better tabs on such things. IEIs stereotypically couldn't give a shit less as long as they have the things they need and a few things they want, at least in my experience.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    More points for Fe ego...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Eminem had a drug addiction to benzos/sedatives/hypnotics going for a while, so that's going to make him appear more chill and relaxed, of course, than he probably is in his natural clean state. There is no way to tell if he's on anything in those interviews, but I'm wondering if the SLI impression people are getting is simply valium and ambien circulating in his bloodstream.

According to this interview link he was taking 20+ pills a day. Do SLIs really have this much trouble keeping relaxed? Would an IP take nearly two dozen downers daily and then still have the energy to hop around the stage like he does?
    it wouldn't be out of character for an IEI to take an extended break from touring so they could down opiates in complete leisure. but that's putting aside the assumption that EJs would be more inclined to these kinds of drugs than IPs -- the opposite has been true ime. but with em, the theme is pretty clear: he's mechanized by LSI dre, attains the megalomaniacal level of recognition he sought, then once the whole spiel gets boring, devolves into a masochistic frenzy, which is described with the same bitter hopelessness as his other, more personal music (yeah, 3w4). ultimately I can see but a superficial VI case for LSE, and even though he has an awkward terseness in some interviews, you only have to look at how he commands crowds and stretches inflection to have that cast into doubt.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's cute. I find him very charming somehow. there's something super compelling to me about his story, the whole victim breaks out of chains. I guess I relate. Not that I was ever poor but there are other ways of feeling trapped. I still say beta NF.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    he's cute. I find him very charming somehow. there's something super compelling to me about his story, the whole victim breaks out of chains. I guess I relate. Not that I was ever poor but there are other ways of feeling trapped. I still say beta NF.
    He's such an American archetype, almost too perfect to be real, if you really get the feel for his whole story. There's a reason he has a song called "Cinderella Man."

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    it wouldn't be out of character for an IEI to take an extended break from touring so they could down opiates in complete leisure. but that's putting aside the assumption that EJs would be more inclined to these kinds of drugs than IPs -- the opposite has been true ime. but with em, the theme is pretty clear: he's mechanized by LSI dre, attains the megalomaniacal level of recognition he sought, then once the whole spiel gets boring, devolves into a masochistic frenzy, which is described with the same bitter hopelessness as his other, more personal music (yeah, 3w4). ultimately I can see but a superficial VI case for LSE, and even though he has an awkward terseness in some interviews, you only have to look at how he commands crowds and stretches inflection to have that cast into doubt.
    Yeah I feel like his awkwardness is purely a product of trauma/social anxiety. I'm willing to bet money the benzos started around the time he began recording "The Eminem Show" as a way to combat the anxiety he often talks about when dealing with bad press and such. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he has a lot of performance anxiety: if I had that much hate spewed at me by people and the media, heck, even the government, I'd be afraid to go on stage too. Who knows when some fundamentalist psycho will snap and sneak a gun into one of his shows, or crawl through the ducts with a sniper rifle, or god knows what? When that many people OPENLY dislike and express their hate for you, paranoia is to be expected, and quite frankly not unreasonable, albeit perhaps counter-productive.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I mean I don't know how much paranoia influences it, but his energy carries more of a self-conscious tension than the unwitting awkwardness I've observed in Te-EJs, not like he's stepping out to define other boundaries. it's easy to relate to, as I'm often extremely anxious in public, just from seeing other eyes and filtering energies, yet don't ever really feel 'off balance' (something which is probably inverted for EJs and IPs). but yeah that pretty much relates to IPs and downers/benzos lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how on earth a Te dominant doesn't realize he is a multimillionaire. Its perfectly understandable, on the other hand, for a Te PoLR who has never had money before and has no real concept of or desire to know about such things. I think a Te dominant would definitely want more control over his own finances, or would at least keep better tabs on such things. IEIs stereotypically couldn't give a shit less as long as they have the things they need and a few things they want, at least in my experience.
    I see. I don't necessarily agree but that's a good point.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I feel like his awkwardness is purely a product of trauma/social anxiety. I'm willing to bet money the benzos started around the time he began recording "The Eminem Show" as a way to combat the anxiety he often talks about when dealing with bad press and such. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he has a lot of performance anxiety: if I had that much hate spewed at me by people and the media, heck, even the government, I'd be afraid to go on stage too. Who knows when some fundamentalist psycho will snap and sneak a gun into one of his shows, or crawl through the ducts with a sniper rifle, or god knows what? When that many people OPENLY dislike and express their hate for you, paranoia is to be expected, and quite frankly not unreasonable, albeit perhaps counter-productive.
    Trauma is a bit of a catch-22. The person wants a way out from something awful, but they can't find/obtain it, which is even its own trauma; eventually they have to accept it, while also accepting that they want to find a way out; some create a mental split to do this (personality disorders).

I'm sure he's not exactly comfortable, but I doubt it's a problem for him...kinds of reminds me of The Joker from The Dark Knight in a way, though I guess that character decided there was no point in wanting anything, since he saw that there is no real way out, nothing redeeming about existence.

edit: or whatever
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 09:26 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    I'm sure he's not exactly comfortable, but I doubt it's a problem for him...kinds of reminds me of The Joker from The Dark Knight in a way, though I guess that character decided there was no point in wanting anything, since he saw that there is no real way out, nothing redeeming about existence.
    Interesting comparison; I type Ledger's Joker as IEI as well.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm still waiting for some kind of explanation of the LSE impression. Comparisons to other people visually or behaviorally, insights, analysis, VI cues...anything?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So I'm still waiting for some kind of explanation of the LSE impression. Comparisons to other people visually or behaviorally, insights, analysis, VI cues...anything?
    Here goes then! Gonna alternate vids of Eminem with Te-LSE Phil Collins from Genesis, there's aesthetical similarities there I gotta get to, very likely quadra related:

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gilly and Nick:

Have you ever considered the possibility that his 'victim breaking out of the chains' and 'oh my gawd I can't believe it happened to me!' stories are just a manipulative ploy for middle-class america to buy his records? (I aint dissing him or saying he's not a good artist, I'm just saying.) I have a hard time believing that anybody doesn't plan money capriciously, that it just doesn't 'land in your lap.'

tupac was a caring compassionate soul but with him I think he was ofc planning to make money. Then I think he got tired of the veil and wanted out, but he was too deep into the shit for that to be realistic. It's just too hard to have your cake and eat it too. There's so much jealousy and hatred if you are from the ghetto or even the suburbs and you make it big. Fefe Dobson lost her best friend because she became famous.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2pac > mNm anytime. You can feel pac's personality and genuine feelings through his songs, while Eminem has always seemed a bit fake and shallow (harder for me to relate/emphatize with, regardless of how "intense" some of his stuff is supposed to be.)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I can't really discern any similarities in how they come across or look, woof. There are a couple pictures I saw that I thought "Ehhh, maybe...kind of..."

...but VI is imprecise as is, and I don't really see any resemblance in speech patterns, physicality, how they come across overall, etc; all I'm really seeing is the eyes, both big and blue and kind of tense. However when I look closer, especially in videos rather than still shots, Em's feel sort of wide-eyed and aware yet more spaced out and have that "not really there" feeling that some Ni types have IME, whereas Collins' gaze is simply focused and a bit sad.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose both of them make kind of goofy music videos and like to make whacky faces and such, but I can't really see that as type related in itself; Eminem's videos are more snapshots of the random shit he's talking about, usually no real transitions or connection between the shots, just quick clips, which seems like a much more Se approach, whereas Collins' videos seem to be sort of mini-narratives, the video is just sort of one longer, cohesively represented scenario; static object sensing vs dynamic field sensing...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also a lot of Collins' music seems to be little common situations, expressions of experiences that are presumably shared by the audience, little every-day things; this, IMO, is a much more Si approach. Eminem's songs, on the other hand, tend to be cultural metanarratives about his own experience of fame and commentary on the direction society is headed in, as well as how he himself reflects these changes. Seems like a clear Si+Fi/Ni+Fe differentiation to me.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Gilly and Nick:

Have you ever considered the possibility that his 'victim breaking out of the chains' and 'oh my gawd I can't believe it happened to me!' stories are just a manipulative ploy for middle-class america to buy his records? (I aint dissing him or saying he's not a good artist, I'm just saying.) I have a hard time believing that anybody doesn't plan money capriciously, that it just doesn't 'land in your lap.'

tupac was a caring compassionate soul but with him I think he was ofc planning to make money. Then I think he got tired of the veil and wanted out, but he was too deep into the shit for that to be realistic. It's just too hard to have your cake and eat it too. There's so much jealousy and hatred if you are from the ghetto or even the suburbs and you make it big. Fefe Dobson lost her best friend because she became famous.
    there's always the issue of power vs. beneficence with artists... people exalt them for embodying their dreams, but also want to relate to them; the only way to sustain the dynamic is by throwing more money at them, getting some vicarious glory. it's more archetypally entertaining to watch how they carry given memes (however unwittingly) and track the cultural evolution... with em, it's obviously more relatable, self-deprecatingly, and ingeniously timed. such 'ploys' entail a good deal of calculation, so at the very least, hats off to dre for wiring him.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also there's really no disputing the authenticity of what really did happen to the guy; Dre did probably see his potential American Dream status, and I'm sure he capitalized on it deliberately, but even that doesn't take much away from the fact that the guy went literally from rags to riches, and is insanely talented. When you see him on stage and you realize that this guy started at the bottom of the barrel, and was able to develop such incredible lyrical skill and come out on top despite it all, it really is kind of inspiring, even if it's no more than living through him vicariously. Everyone knows what its like to be the underdog; he was the ultimate underdog, and he won, so it's easy to like him if you don't take him at face value and get all hung up on the controversial bullshit.

Under cerulean skies...

why is eminem Te-LSE in the socionix gallery?for some reason, i've always thought that Ashton and Galen maintain it.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    why is eminem Te-LSE in the socionix gallery?for sume reason, i've always thought that Ashton and Galen maintain it.
    cuz he aint no stupid foofoo Fe type, and would be obvious to anyone who knew the first thing about Te doms

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    cuz he aint no stupid Fe type, and would be obvious if anyone knew the first thing about Te doms
    yeah but he has multiple personalities.And what's the first thing about Te doms?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he prolly kick yo ass for calling him IEI if he knew

zomg the upper shadow on his face forms a butterfly (for those who know)! well,i'm not compeletely opposite to him being delta because scums eehh i mean street-wise people can appear beta.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but he has multiple personalities.And what's the first thing about Te doms?
    dry, matter-of-fact, dynamic presence. almost like this constantly open rational assessment towards everything. shows no inkling of being Fe or IP-anything, just read effin Jung (and maybe if you're curious why ashton+galen don't type him IEI you aughto probably check out who they do type IEI for any hope of a glaring difference)

zomg the upper shadow on his face forms a butterfly (for those who know)! well,i'm not compeletely opposite to him being delta because scums eehh i mean street-wise people can appear beta.
    ye, treat quadras unstereotypically for 2 seconds, because it's essentially thought-up BS spread around by community fanatics similar to yourself

dry, matter-of-fact, dynamic presence. almost like this constantly open rational assessment towards everything. shows no inkling of being Fe or IP-anything, just read effin Jung (and maybe if you're curious why ashton+galen don't type him IEI you aughto probably check out who they do type IEI for any hope of a glaring difference)

ye, treat quadras unstereotypically for 2 seconds, because it's essentially thought-up BS spread around by community fanatics similar to yourself

i am so not going to read jung neither treat quadras unstereotypically for 2 seconds and YOU are a community fanatic .YOU. =o

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Eminem. (I own the Curtain Call: The Hits album). But I guess I'll accept LSE for him. And ILE for Marilyn Manson too. But Courtney Love and Amy Winehouse are still SLE...

I sang/'rapped' this song at karaoke once:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he prolly kick yo ass for calling him IEI if he knew

He definitely looks rational/judging in a lot of his pictures. I personally think LSE is a good fit VI-wise.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ortraits-Delta

LSE-Te of the extremely obvious kind.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eminem as LSE...I am very familiar with Jung and I see no reason at all to view him as a Te type in any way. Tracks like "Cinderella Man" and "Without Me" make Fe values and Aristocracy blatantly obvious, in my opinion. Also in interviews he strikes me as a stereotypically introveted, irrational, and decisive.

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope he's not decisive either.

yeah more irrational than you. good one.

apparently you are unfamiliar with Jung. here I'll give you the link, go read about Te then read about Fe http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm reading about types makes you smrt

Judicious (Alpha/Delta):

Reasonable in their natural state are "weakened"; they will try to be maximally mobilized, concentrate only on the state of accomplishing an objective, and after the task is complete, mobilize again. Chronically decreased activity (A lack of mobilization) is the natural state of the reasonable.
    For the reasonable it is mandatory that before an important (Crucial) business they stay in their natural state of "slackness" (To rest, take it easy, generally to have low activity) - the better this rest, the better the subsequent mobilization, concentration at crucial moments - their overall performance. The more difficult the task ahead of them the more crucial and necessary the rest before becomes.
    A transition from a state of mobilization (high activity) to a state of slackness (low activity) is a natural thing and presents no problem what so ever for the reasonable. However reasonable can experience difficulties while "mobilizing" (Difficulty leaving their natural state). Because of that they often/frequently require special stimulus to get mobilized (They are inclined to put themselves in situations where external factors either force them or decide for them)
    Reasonable has a tendency to divide upcoming large matters/businesses into several stages. In their dealings with it they are mobilized while performing each of the separate stages and between them revert to their natural state. Small matters/businesses tend to have only one stage.
    They become aware of their state of readiness/mobilization at the moment of beginning consideration of actions i.e. at the most minimal level or mobilization. On the other hand they are badly aware of moments of decision making and often do not remember them.
    Reasonable is better aware of and considers more valuable the preparatory stage before actually decision making (Considering, discussing, choosing options and so on) and invest in this stage more time and effort. The stages themselves and performance while executing them is implied and considered less important, they are given less attention.
    In regards to their work for the reasonable a certain level of convenience, freedom and comfort is very important. Their place of work (The environment in which they work) they are inclined to estimate from the point of view of how they satisfy the conditions of their performance/work. Reasonable is not inclined to renounce their comfort, convenience, they are not ready to sacrifice their working conditions for the sake of result (For instance a larger pay check) "Well I simply can't do without my peace!"
    Speech features: they describe how and why they came to a decision, but do not allocate the moment of decision making; in conversations regarding work they speak of work conditions (Convenience, breaks, proximity to their place of residence and so on)

Decisive (Beta/Gamma):

Resolute will often mobilize itself even before this become necessary, as if they are subconsciously preparing for accomplishing upcoming tasks; after accomplishing a task the resolute remains in state of mobilization for some time after that. Readiness is their natural state.
    It is necessary for the resolute to stay in their natural sate of mobilization up until the end (termination) of an important affair ? the mobilization brings them efficiency and a sense of balance, they have better concentration, address issues on a more deep level, and more saturated/rich will be their rest/leisure ("One does not "stroll" to work ? and to take breaks/rest is not desirable")
    After the completion of a difficult or prolonged task a transition/exit from the state of mobilization is very complicated (Frequently this is expressed by a "confused" meaningless activity). Therefore the resolute often requires additional, external forces to help accomplish that (For instance a special plan of action "After the test I'll go to the cinema") or turn to other people to help them relax and forget about their affairs/tasks.
    Resolute is not inclined to divide upcoming large tasks into separate stages, they will instead stay mobilized for the entire duration of the task so that the task could be accomplished as a whole. As a result of that at times when they are not executing the task they are in a state of internal readiness to continue.
    Their state of readiness for action becomes aware at the moment of decision making i.e. when the mobilization reaches a sufficiently high level. Moments of decision making are realized and remembered by them.
    Resolute is good at becoming aware of stages of action since they are good at being aware of the moments of decision making, and they invest more time and effort into this what they consider to be the most important part of work (The actual work). They appreciate far less and are far less aware of the preparation stage before the actual work then they appreciate and are aware of decisions and performances.
    Resolute is far more inclined to work for the sake of the result (For example, reward) and in contrast to the reasonable, can renounce their comforts, convenience. The place of work is estimated from the point of view of what "fruits" do they get in return for their invested effort (This includes money)
    Speech features: they allocate the moments of decision making and in detail speak of stages/states of performances; in conversation regarding work they speak about their "fruits"; in speech the word "money" is often heard.

edit: I also think you're pretty confused about what an ethical type actually is, maybe why you think you're one too. not to pick at you personally, jus' sayin'
    Last edited by 717495; 09-21-2012 at 07:47 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope he's not decisive either.

yeah more irrational than you. good one.

apparently you are unfamiliar with Jung. here I'll give you the link, go read about Te then read about Fe http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm reading about types makes you smrt

edit: I also think you're pretty confused about what an ethical type actually is, maybe why you think you're one too. not to pick at you personally, jus' sayin'
    Wow, funny, I've read that page more times than I can count and see nnothing that supports Eminem as a Te type at all, even superficially.

Watch his eyes, his body language. He is always "on," despite maintaining a casual persona; this is exactly opposite any LSE, who usually appear physically relaxed with a slight stiffness but are usually very formal or at least seem forced when casual.

Poli I was trying to play nice with you but this condescending shit has to stop, or I will be forced to ridicule you once more into the depths of anxious self-loathing.

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch his eyes, his body language. He is always "on," despite maintaining a casual persona; this is exactly opposite any LSE, who usually appear physically relaxed with a slight stiffness but are usually very formal or at least seem forced when casual.
    No.

Wow, funny, I've read that page more times than I can count and see nnothing that supports Eminem as a Te type at all, even superficially.
    I don't really even think you know what you're reading, not to mention for all I know you have an inept stereotype of deltas. Already know you do of betas... expecting those to be dark, cool and acting tough, or liking evocative dress and expression to be just like you. Oh wait, except I've seen you and...you look like a toasty fruit.

stop idealizing everything. I know plenty of betas who don't fit the stereotype

Poli I was trying to play nice with you but this condescending shit has to stop, or I will be forced to ridicule you once more into the depths of anxious self-loathing.
    more douchehood is already prophesied for the future
    Last edited by 717495; 09-21-2012 at 10:16 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    Oh, thanks.

I don't really even think you know what you're reading,
    Again thanks for the ad hominem with no substance or real response to my post

not to mention for all I know you have an inept stereotype of deltas.
    Right, my ideas about Deltas are based in stereotypes. That might be a feasible card to play if my parents werent a flagrant delta rational couple.

Already know you do of betas... expecting those to be dark, cool and acting tough, or liking evocative dress and expression to be just like you. Oh wait, except I've seen you and...you look like a toasty fruit.
    Toasty fruit?

I don't even conform remotely to the stereotype you propose so I'm not even sure where that's coming from.

stop idealizing everything. I know plenty of betas who don't fit the stereotype
    Yeah, me too...

more douchehood is already prophesied for the future
    No, you just got in a piss ant mood and fell back into old habits instead of bothering to respond constructively. La la laaa...

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- polikujm, I love the Jung link:

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

Te:

"A further criterion is afforded by the direction of the thinker's conclusion, namely, whether or not the thinking has a preferential direction outwards. It is no proof of its extraverted nature that it is preoccupied with concrete objects, since I may be engaging my thoughts with a concrete object, either because I am abstracting my thought from it or because I am concretizing my thought with it. Even if I engage my thinking with concrete things, and to that extent could be described as extraverted, it yet remains both questionable and characteristic as regards the direction my thinking will take; namely, whether in its further course it leads back again to objective data, external facts, and generally accepted ideas, or not. So far as the practical thinking of the merchant, the engineer, or the natural science pioneer is concerned, the objective direction is at once manifest. But in the case of a philosopher it is open to doubt, whenever the course of his thinking is directed towards ideas. In such a case, before deciding, we must further enquire whether these ideas are mere abstractions from objective experience, in which case they would merely represent higher collective concepts, comprising a sum of objective facts; or whether (if they are clearly not abstractions from immediate experience) they may not be derived from tradition or borrowed from the intellectual atmosphere of the time. In the latter event, such ideas must also belong to the category of objective data, in which case this thinking should also be called extraverted."

"When supremacy among the psychological functions is given to thinking, i.e. when the life of an individual is mainly ruled by reflective thinking so that every important action proceeds from intellectually considered motives, or when there is at least a tendency to conform to such motives, we may fairly call this a thinking type. Such a type can be either introverted or extraverted. We will first discuss the extraverted thinking type.

In accordance with this definition, we must picture a, man whose constant aim -- in so far, of course, as he is a [p. 435] pure type -- is to bring his total life-activities into relation with intellectual conclusions, which in the last resort are always orientated by objective data, whether objective facts or generally valid ideas. This type of man gives the deciding voice--not merely for himself alone but also on behalf of his entourage--either to the actual objective reality or to its objectively orientated, intellectual formula. By this formula are good and evil measured, and beauty and ugliness determined. All is right that corresponds with this formula; all is wrong that contradicts it; and everything that is neutral to it is purely accidental. Because this formula seems to correspond with the meaning of the world, it also becomes a world-law whose realization must be achieved at all times and seasons, both individually and collectively. Just as the extraverted thinking type subordinates himself to his formula, so, for its own good, must his entourage also obey it, since the man who refuses to obey is wrong -- he is resisting the world-law, and is, therefore, unreasonable, immoral, and without a conscience. His moral code forbids him to tolerate exceptions; his ideal must, under all circumstances, be realized; for in his eyes it is the purest conceivable formulation of objective reality, and, therefore, must also be generally valid truth, quite indispensable for the salvation of man. This is not from any great love for his neighbour, but from a higher standpoint of justice and truth. Everything in his own nature that appears to invalidate this formula is mere imperfection, an accidental miss-fire, something to be eliminated on the next occasion, or, in the event of further failure, then clearly a sickness.

If tolerance for the sick, the suffering, or the deranged should chance to be an ingredient in the formula, special provisions will be devised for humane societies, hospitals, prisons, colonies, etc., or at least extensive plans for such projects. For the actual execution of these schemes the [p. 436] motives of justice and truth do not, as a rule, suffice; still devolve upon real Christian charity, which I to do with feeling than with any intellectual 'One really should' or I one must' figure largely in this programme. If the formula is wide enough, it may play a very useful rôle in social life, with a reformer or a ventilator of public wrongs or a purifier of the public conscience, or as the propagator of important innovations. But the more rigid the formula, the more, does he develop into a grumbler, a crafty reasoner, and a self-righteous critic, who would like to impress both himself and others into one schema."

Fe:

" . . . Should this process go further, a strangely contradictory dissociation of feeling develops; every object is seized upon with feeling- [p. 448] valuations, and numerous relationships are made which are inherently and mutually incompatible. Since such aberrations would be quite impossible if a sufficiently emphasized subject were present, the last vestige of a real personal standpoint also becomes suppressed. The subject becomes so swallowed up in individual feeling processes that to the observer it seems as though there were no longer a subject of feeling but merely a feeling process. In such a condition feeling has entirely forfeited its original human warmth, it gives an impression of pose, inconstancy, unreliability, and in the worst cases appears definitely hysterical. "

"But a change comes over the picture when the importance of the object reaches a still higher level. As already explained above, such an assimilation of subject to object then occurs as almost completely to engulf the subject of feeling. Feeling loses its personal character -- it becomes feeling per se; it almost seems as though the [p. 450] personality were wholly dissolved in the feeling of the moment. Now, since in actual life situations constantly and successively alternate, in which the feeling-tones released are not only different but are actually mutually contrasting, the personality inevitably becomes dissipated in just so many different feelings. Apparently, he is this one moment, and something completely different the next -- apparently, I repeat, for in reality such a manifold personality is altogether impossible. The basis of the ego always remains identical with itself, and, therefore, appears definitely opposed to the changing states of feeling. Accordingly the observer senses the display of feeling not so much as a personal expression of the feeling-subject as an alteration of his ego, a mood, in other words. Corresponding with the degree of dissociation between the ego and the momentary state of feeling, signs of disunion with the self will become more or less evident, i.e. the original compensatory attitude of the unconscious becomes a manifest opposition. This reveals itself, in the first instance, in extravagant demonstrations of feeling, in loud and obtrusive feeling predicates, which leave one, however, somewhat incredulous. They ring hollow; they are not convincing. On the contrary, they at once give one an inkling of a resistance that is being overcompensated, and one begins to wonder whether such a feeling-judgment might not just as well be entirely different. In fact, in a very short time it actually is different. Only a very slight alteration in the situation is needed to provoke forthwith an entirely contrary estimation of the selfsame object. The result of such an experience is that the observer is unable to take either judgment at all seriously. He begins to reserve his own opinion. But since, with this type, it is a matter of the greatest moment to establish an intensive feeling rapport with his environment, redoubled efforts are now required [p. 451] to overcome this reserve. Thus, in the manner of the circulus vitiosus, the situation goes from bad to worse. The more the feeling relation with the object becomes overstressed, the nearer the unconscious opposition approaches the surface."

"Unconscious thought reaches the surface in the form of irruptions, often of an obsessing nature, the general character of which is always negative and depreciatory. Women of this type have moments when the most hideous thoughts fasten upon the very objects most valued by their feelings. This negative thinking avails itself of every infantile prejudice or parallel that is calculated to breed doubt in the feeling-value, and it tows every primitive instinct along with it, in the effort to make 'a nothing but' interpretation of the feeling. At this point, it is perhaps in the nature of a side-remark to observe that the collective unconscious, i.e. the totality of the primordial images, also becomes enlisted in the same manner, and from the elaboration and development of these images there dawns the possibility of a regeneration of the attitude upon another basis.

Hysteria, with the characteristic infantile sexuality of its unconscious world of ideas, is the principal form of neurosis with this type."

Ni:

"The peculiar nature of introverted intuition, when given the priority, also produces a peculiar type of man, viz. the mystical dreamer and seer on the one hand, or the fantastical crank and artist on the other. The latter might be regarded as the normal case, since there is a general tendency of this type to confine himself to the perceptive character of intuition. As a rule, the intuitive stops at perception; perception is his principal problem, and -- in the case of a productive artist-the shaping of perception. But the crank contents himself with the intuition by which he himself is shaped and determined. Intensification of intuition naturally often results in an extraordinary aloofness of the individual from tangible reality; he may even become a complete enigma to his own immediate circle. [p. 509]

If an artist, he reveals extraordinary, remote things in his art, which in iridescent profusion embrace both the significant and the banal, the lovely and the grotesque, the whimsical and the sublime. If not an artist, he is frequently an unappreciated genius, a great man 'gone wrong', a sort of wise simpleton, a figure for 'psychological' novels."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast