Thread: Repetitive work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Repetitive work

Some people do jobs that are very repetitive.

These might be low-skill e.g working on a production line putting round things into bags or they might be fairly high-skill e.g. optometrists doing eye tests all day.

What personality types are suited to repetitive work?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that most/all jobs become repetitive after some time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI.

God, I always wished I could be able to concentrate on neccessary things like work.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

ISTj types seem happy doing the same, boring thing day in and day out...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, just give me that revolver with that one bullet and let me at it. Don't expect to find it without blood stains in the morning, though.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What personality types are suited to repetitive work?
    Js more then Ps in general.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, but I have quit well paying jobs because they were boring. I always told myself in the beginning that with the right pay, it didn't matter if I was bored all day, but a few months later it would take all I had to drag myself through the door each shift...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone who has to make money in order to survive or get something he/she wants through honest work.

I, ENTP, have been working for a week in a production line. True, it's boring as hell and intuition just pops with stupid ideas . But, I am concentrated on putting that relish pack on other production line ( ) over and over again.

I need money and I want to get it in a legal way. True, I can go and bonk someone on the head in the dark and take their wallet.
    drake
    --Dilemmas are illusions.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was doing boring work, or work that went against every fiber of my being (like waitressing ), I would get very depressed and anxious in my life and end up stiring up drama and extra stress. Simply put, I NEED a little adventure in my day! I need it as much as I need food (well, almost as much). Now my job entails walking on roofs and army crawling through tight spaces and monkeying over trusses/ceiling joists... it's great. I also get to talk to many different people about my favorite thing... REAL ESTATE!!!

My point is that I do believe that certain types are suited to certain work, and in order to live the most fulfilling life they shouldn't try to force themselves to deal with a career that they aren't suited to.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My point is that I do believe that certain types are suited to certain work, and in order to live the most fulfilling life they shouldn't try to force themselves to deal with a career that they aren't suited to.
    This is absolutely true, Joy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N people don't liek repetetive work because they can visualize the repetition after the first few cycles. Then they actually feel every single extrapolated cycle and become fatigued. Their mind feels as if they already solved the problem, but the other part of their mind is like... you need to make things happen in the physical world if you want to maintain your physical life with physical money which is a conceptual representation of physical goods
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N people don't liek repetetive work because they can visualize the repetition after the first few cycles.
    So S types are too stupid to notice that digging a ditch is very repetitive?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, if you consider lack of N being stupid then, yes S people are stupid. They preffer seeing every element as unique and don't midn it because they are always focused on details. N types however don't like details and would rather find a general pattern and stick with it, and only become alert when this pattern is disrupted, such as a sudden change in noise coming from the car you are driving.

If you ever watch a movie with an Ne person you will soon realize that they cannot just sit and watch it for the firts time, they have to know what will happen, sometimes they try to predict it. And it can be annoying. They are total control freaks when it comes to temporal dynamics.

So when you sit still and watch something transform all the N people will be bouncing off the walls. But if you move around S people will begin to apply forces.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    If you ever watch a movie with an Ne person you will soon realize that they cannot just sit and watch it for the first time, they have to know what will happen, sometimes they try to predict it. And it can be annoying. They are total control freaks when it comes to temporal dynamics.
    Oh God, Slava. I can't stand when someone won't tell me what happens. "Wait and see." Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahah, yeah us N people need all of our movies presented like this... http://www.angryalien.com/0604/titanicbunnies.html
    -Slava

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slava, you have a good point with the movies and things, but that still doesn't mean the S type enjoy DIGGING DITCHES. That's a completely diffrent thing. Every person wants to do something that they feel has meaning to them or feel like they are accomplishing something. I don't know if there are any people in this world who enjoy doing grudge work.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love guessing the ends of movies. But I hate *knowing* the ends of movies.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdf
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    would be good for repetitive work (if it was something pleasurable. "good" repetitive work.)
    implied, you're actually right (it's been awhile :wink: ).

Si gets lost in carving out models for hours. Si goes to the betting cage and enjoys swinging away over and over again to get a "feel" for his swing. Actually, that seems to be what most Si athletes enjoy while practicing. Si finds hobbies in things like that, and enjoys perfecting and getting lost in it. ALthough I still don't like the word "work".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always just *know* what will happen next in a movie. And I'm always right. I see a new character, and, provided I have watched the movie up untill that point, can tell you exactly what their role will be.

So, yeah, I guess the S vs. N thing is true.
    The S's in my family always tell me "You analyze things too much". Well, I don't; it comes by itself.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    The S's in my family always tell me "You analyze things too much". Well, I don't; it comes by itself.
    Indeed!
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord

I always just *know* what will happen next in a movie. And I'm always right. I see a new character, and, provided I have watched the movie up untill that point, can tell you exactly what their role will be.

So, yeah, I guess the S vs. N thing is true.
    I know exactly what you mean. I know who done it sometimes the first time they come on the screen even when there are multiple suspects.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.