EIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    For me Si PoLR is like this:

I either don't work or go all in deeply focused
    I either don't eat healthy or if I do I will count all the macros and eat only healthy (keto diet for example)
    I either don't work out or if I do I must be the most hardcore at the gym
    I either love something/someone or not care at all
    I either binge eat or don't eat much at all (similar to diet)
    I either don't try to understand a concept or if I decide I want to understand I dive in every resource I find
    And it takes energy and effort to actually try to be less black and white in everything
    Start small
    Eat moderately healthy
    Do a little of it
    Don't wear yourself out
    Those aren't my style
    There is no harmony
    Very relatable!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    my SLI dad cleaned the kitchen floor by sweeping all the crumbs under the fridge (efficient!) and having my sister and I do the rest. lol
    hahaha
    Thank you for this..! I needed a good laugh right now..

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    My friend's dad is a professor of mathematics. LIE (C). He had his room insulated so that he wouldn't be disturbed by noise while thinking. He also put lots of emphasis on sleeping enough, naps in the afternoon etc. He liked classical music and bought the best and most expensive sound system you could get.
    Sounds very familiar! I proposed to my wife insulating several rooms in our apartment in central Copenhagen but it was easier to move into a forest in the countryside..
    Last edited by Whitespike; 08-10-2021 at 05:22 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an LIE but I have PoLr Si and a lot of this sounds very familiar. So I'll add my experience.

My wisdom teeth grew crooked in my mouth and I didn't go to the dentist to get them pulled for like 2 years. I just ignored it lol.

When I feel like I need to lose weight I just fast every other day and workout twice a day every day. The weight comes off fast.

I can eat the same thing over and over and over and not get tired of it. Though I think I'm more adventurous than other weak Si types.

I can live out of boxes and have and slept on a mattress on the floor, it wasn't that bad. I ignore the environment around me.

I need white noise and a blindfold to fall asleep.

Now a story from my life. I went with my fiancee's family to go tubing (taking an inflatable raft down a river).

Everyone had to tell me to "just relax" and to "let the river take you". I literally couldn't help myself from moving around paddling with my hands.

This random guy even told me to chill. I ignored him but internally I'm like "who TF are you?" he was nice so there was no point in being confrontational.

My fiancee (LSI) was like "everyone relaxes differently" when I talked about it later. She wasn't that bothered by it. She just thought it was funny.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I saw a female LIE wearing a trench coat and it looked like someone took a black trash bag and wrapped it around her shoulders and taped it together crookedly in front.
    It was dull black, didn't fit, didn't hang right, wasn't stylish in any way, seemed to have buttons which were 3" in diameter (although that might just be the impression it gave), and she seemed completely oblivious to the way it looked.

Seeing other LIE's dress themselves is exactly the reason why I don't pick out my own clothes any more.

My god. I was just thinking about the outfit I was wearing and I'm now wondering how bad that looked.

I don't miss my SLI ex in any way other than the fact that I miss her excellent Si.
    I always though that i had a really good taste in clothes... After getting married i have given up.
    Apparently i dress like a Military General / LoTR king with white sneakers for extra comfort.

SLI ex? Sounds dry

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitespike View Post
    Very relatable!
    I now suspect I might actually have had Asperger's tho!

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo
    My friend's dad is a professor of mathematics. LIE (C). He had his room insulated so that he wouldn't be disturbed by noise while thinking. He also put lots of emphasis on sleeping enough, naps in the afternoon etc. He liked classical music and bought the best and most expensive sound system you could get.
    Sounds very familiar! I proposed to my wife insulating several rooms in our apartment in central Copenhagen but it was easier to move into a forest in the countryside..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I now suspect I might actually have had Asperger's tho!
    This is the place where LIE's sperg out?

Question for all of you:
    Is this sexy?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post

Question for all of you:
    Is this sexy?

Nah, PseudoRandomBSGenerator, it's not sexy. The 8085 has a defective architecture. The only reason you'd choose it for your device is to be different from the companies choosing the much superior Motorola micros.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I always though that i had a really good taste in clothes... After getting married i have given up.
    Apparently i dress like a Military General / LoTR king with white sneakers for extra comfort.

SLI ex? Sounds dry

Whitespike, I recruited a sartorial arbiter rather than a life partner.

A word to the wise.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitespike, I recruited a sartorial arbiter rather than a life partner.

A word to the wise.
    That makes sense! My SLI father in law and I really have no common ground. Being EIE-Ni (not LIE after all) and having Si-PoLR does not exactly pair with his leading Si. He wrote my wife out of his will because i converted her to a cult he is not a fan of.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post

Question for all of you:
    Is this sexy?
    Apparently also EIE's! Cant believe i mistook my role function for leading function.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I twisted my left knee when I slipped and fell while running. It's been three weeks now and the tendon is still fucked up. I can walk in a straight line without too much pain, but my leg doesn't do turns well.

I was getting out of my car the other day at the specialty foods store. This involves opening the door, swinging a leg out, then carefully putting weight on it as I stand up. I looked up to see a woman watching me. Just watching me.

I hate being physically broken, even just a little bit. I hate it.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of all polr, Si polr seem like the best polr you could have. I think it's not gonna bring you that much trouble as other polr. People would not hate you much for the lack of Si. or LIE could buy it with their money.

LIE is a good all-round type.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnished View Post
    Of all polr, Si polr seem like the best polr you could have. I think it's not gonna bring you that much trouble as other polr. People would not hate you much for the lack of Si. or LIE could buy it with their money.

LIE is a good all-round type.
    Yeah. FE polr 75% trouble bringer. Hiding out all alone is our best option. There is great meaning in being ILI and wanting to be alone.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was running and slipped and fell and screwed up my knee pretty badly, but I got up, tested it for function, and ran a few hundred yards home. It didn’t seem that bad.

Two weeks later I was running again and wow, it was that bad. I changed from running to walking, and by the end of the day, my knee was complaining a lot.

I spent the next few days moving heavy objects around and the pain was making my eyes water and my stomach nauseous. The ESI that I was working with told me to go see a doctor, so I reluctantly did so. Usually, I never go see doctors.

The doctor told me that I tore the meniscus in my knee and I needed to stop continuing to damage it or I wouldn’t be able to walk at all, and would need surgery just to get back up to “cripple” status. The doctor recommended physical therapy.

So now I was in the hands of the Health System, which is Terra Incognito to me.

While waiting a week for the first physical therapy session, I mostly stayed off my knee. It didn’t get worse, but it didn’t get better. Pain all the time, and about ten steps before it got serious.

The physical therapist had me do some simple, low stress exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee. The exercises are quick and easy and they seem to be working.

I can’t believe this is working.

And that’s Si-PoLR, folks. 100%.

It’s like, you don’t want to look at that area, you don’t want to participate in that area, and you can’t believe anything in that area works at all.

I dated an IEI once, and that’s exactly how her Te-PoLR looked to me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dated an IEI once, and that’s exactly how her Te-PoLR looked to me.

My daughter IEI can be SOOOO FrustratING to me. She bangs her head at me since I can't use an encyclopedia in my head to prove what I say to her. Such disbelief and ... not fun for an NiTe mother.

She goes around in her little cloud of happy/miserable beta whatever cloud and I should just leave her out of my informative discussions.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    My daughter IEI can be SOOOO FrustratING to me. She bangs her head at me since I can't use an encyclopedia in my head to prove what I say to her. Such disbelief and ... not fun for an NiTe mother.

She goes around in her little cloud of happy/miserable beta whatever cloud and I should just leave her out of my informative discussions.
    @crazymaisy, I have an IEI cousin whom I love dearly, but I can't spent much time with her because my Te actually hurts her. I can turn my Te off to a degree and try to act like an Se-dom SLE, but I'm not great at it and things quickly become problematic for both of us.

If I'm going to spend some time with her, I try to involve a third party. Preferably a Beta.

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@crazymaisy, I have an IEI cousin whom I love dearly, but I can't spent much time with her because my Te actually hurts her. I can turn my Te off to a degree and try to act like an Se-dom SLE, but I'm not great at it and things quickly become problematic for both of us.

If I'm going to spend some time with her, I try to involve a third party. Preferably a Beta.
    I have this weird beta-gamma-alpha family

Youngest is alpha, without him our dynamic was pretty good, curve balls now from the "baby" but I digress

My IEI has that lovely SLE for a brother and when they are together, it's great, and yes, everything is peachy with us.

Without alpha in the mix we are all dual and semi-duals and Kindred to each other with just two of us ILI same.

SEE - ILI
    SLE - IEI

ILE

But all of us have Creative for each other's PoLR

Good and bad, but more good than bad.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one person that insists I need to work on my outbursts is my IEI. She doesn't "understand" why I won't. LOL
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The one person that insists I need to work on my outbursts is my IEI. She doesn't "understand" why I won't. LOL
    Probably a result of the - axis conflicting with their - axis. In the mind of the IEI things would work out better for you if you didn't get so passionate, stubborn, and/or implacable all of a sudden for, in their mind, no really good reason. In your (and my own) mind they're failing to understand how, when, and why ya just gotta stand up for your principles regardless of the consequences.

This is likely why kindred relationships are quite positive and yet also still somewhat frustrating. See, the leading functions match up so that's awesome, but the creative functions are the other's PoLR and the judgement axis' are mirrored thereby. wants to construct a universal and internally consistent system and relates the workings of it to others in such a way that they may best implement them. knows best how to relate systems and logic to others and get them to set upon the realization of their system.

For us it is reversed. tells us what we plain and simply must do no matter what others say and is what/how we relate to others (and ourselves) how that may best be brought about. You want X? Well for reasons you're damn right you do and here's the way of making it happen!

It creates and endlessly intriguing and enjoyable dynamic for both ends, but there is still that lingering frustration. The kindred is so, so very close to actually "getting it" as it were so far as both sides are concerned. And yet, they never actually will. And maybe we both rather like that seemingly negative fact. After all, a world of identical types would be so very boring, vapid, and empty. It is our conflicts, both minor and major and the contexts therein that make life interesting and stories compelling

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LIE supervises IEI. I guess this is why I can get along with them better as their kindred. I can actually "Turn Off" my pretty damned easy whereas you cannot. Servants can be ordered back to their quarters within good reason, but commanders must always assume the mantle of command. A person's "leading" function is the supreme commander of their psyche, where "the buck stops" as it were. To turn it off would be akin to turning off gravity. You simply cannot no matter how much you may desire to.

Their creative function is likewise their most loyal, competent, and actually willing servant/apostle. Let's use an example. Why does serve my ? Because, if I must anthropomorphize this, he/she/it knows/believes with all their heart and soul that if, in my case, they can but feed me the best objective facts I will see the best way forward. No matter what else it believes in my /their master and commander and works its ass off in order to get my to where it needs to be. It serves because it is only right it serves. I need data to function. Data it dutifully gathers and provides whenever I request it of them.

To put it bluntly, the creative function has a religious faith in the leading and will never truly fight against it thereby. Like I keep saying, we all have a god. Now I bet many others may be coming to a better understanding of their relationships if you think of these concepts that way. I can expand upon them, but that'd take way more work. Might do it anyway if enough people are interested

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was running and slipped and fell and screwed up my knee pretty badly
    hm, to me it's good to hear that the *original* injury came about from a simple mistake and not something like improper form / insufficient conditioning (e.g., working the glutes, the core, stretching the fascia through foam rolling...), the latter of which hampered my now-retired running career. I didn't and don't have the Te and Ni to formulate and stick to a comprehensive fitness plan that would support running at the distances I was trying (especially at the encouragement of others) to run. So to me if you were running without issues until this incident, i'm impressed

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwoman View Post
    hm, to me it's good to hear that the *original* injury came about from a simple mistake and not something like improper form / insufficient conditioning (e.g., working the glutes, the core, stretching the fascia through foam rolling...), the latter of which hampered my now-retired running career. I didn't and don't have the Te and Ni to formulate and stick to a comprehensive fitness plan that would support running at the distances I was trying (especially at the encouragement of others) to run. So to me if you were running without issues until this incident, i'm impressed
    It would be nice to be able to say that I was running without issues before this, but that’s not true. I started cutting back on my running a few years ago when the pain in my knees and ankles got to be too bad. Since then, I only go out intermittently. I had been walking and riding a bike regularly and I thought I was back up to being 18 again or some such stupidity. So I pushed myself to run like I had before, and that, of course, was a big mistake.

I sometimes think that I’m in the greatest danger when I try to do something that I USED TO BE good at but which I haven’t done for a while. I remember the exhilaration but forget the caution that protected me.

So, yeah. I was ignoring my body and I screwed it up.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice to be able to say that I was running without issues before this, but that’s not true. I started cutting back on my running a few years ago when the pain in my knees and ankles got to be too bad. Since then, I only go out intermittently. I had been walking and riding a bike regularly and I thought I was back up to being 18 again or some such stupidity. So I pushed myself to run like I had before, and that, of course, was a big mistake.

I sometimes think that I’m in the greatest danger when I try to do something that I USED TO BE good at but which I haven’t done for a while. I remember the exhilaration but forget the caution that protected me.

So, yeah. I was ignoring my body and I screwed it up.
    I can relate, especially with my Se wanting to feel those good vibes quickly. Glad that the PT is helping. And thanks for elaborating - I enjoy hearing more of the backstory.

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    To put it bluntly, the creative function has a religious faith in the leading and will never truly fight against it thereby. Like I keep saying, we all have a god. Now I bet many others may be coming to a better understanding of their relationships if you think of these concepts that way. I can expand upon them, but that'd take way more work. Might do it anyway if enough people are interested
    Seems to me you want to, so DO IT!
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Seems to me you want to, so DO IT!
    There is a philosophical/artistic bent some would say about us/our type after all. Alright. I can do that. Give me a day or two. Though I must ask, should I start a new thread or just lay it all out in this one?

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    There is a philosophical/artistic bent some would say about us/our type after all. Alright. I can do that. Give me a day or two. Though I must ask, should I start a new thread or just lay it all out in this one?
    If you start a new thread, link the good stuff from this thread to that thread, the way forward is clear!
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I see si-polr as rudeness or not being appropriately caring towards an individual. Even though EIEs and LIEs can be quite the opposite of this. When it’s bad it’s bad though.

I once took a family member to a party and they took drugs and overdosed and I had to call an ambulance and spend the night with them in hospital. I feel bad that I hadn’t kept more or an eye on my own family member. However..later on I heard that the host of the party (my childhood EIE best friend) had been in a strop because after the ambulance came the vibe of the party was ruined and we had ruined her birthday party. She said my family member would have been fine if we’d just let things pass…uh no. I watched my family member fitting in a bathroom, body in contortions and her lips blew up like she’d had surgery on them from how much she bit them.

Also: I actually feel in a very si-polr mood myself the last few days as I’m feeling exhausted from xmas and new year’s busyness. I feel a little on edge, grumpy and like I want to see people but also don’t at the same time.

Edit: SORRY I MISREAD the title of the thread, def in a si-polr mood..bad moody/impulsive/ bit worn out
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 01-06-2022 at 01:21 PM.

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Si-polr is why I always buy my clothing at physical stores, despite so many shopping online nowadays, due to the COVID-pandemic. The last time I bought shoes I was very glad for the expertise of the shopkeeper. Despite that I recalled my usual size, they turned out to be two sizes too large. I had walked in them a bit and tested to see if they fitted, but I genuinely didn't notice. If they had been too small, I would have easily picked up on that, but I have a hard time recognizing if something's too large for me or a good fit. This is why I rather shop as seldomly as possible and buy a lot whenever I do have to go shopping, because the next time I have to figure it out all over again what fits me and what doesn't.

I am, however, able to easily judge what style of clothing I like and suits me. I think that this is because it seems to be Se-related, instead of Si.
    Last edited by Armitage; 01-06-2022 at 03:13 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I was just thinking about an LIE lady I know who is my colleague and I’d also call her a work friend. For a while she’d try to talk to me but I always thought she seemed to talk too much and didn’t know how to turn-take in a convo. This is before I know about socionics and I didn’t think much of it, I just thought oh nice lady but can’t be bothered to get into a mundane/tricky conversation in my lunch break. At some point we did start chatting though and during the pandemic I ended up joining her writing group and chatting a lot in the office. All I can really say relating to si-polr is sometimes she talks too much and I think she exhausts herself by it. She is a pretty funny lady telling off people in the customer service setting I work in..especially regarding Covid restrictions. I know she has some health problems too and I sense she probably is a little depressed being single. Or more than a little.

Another LIE female I knew briefly told me she was always known as the ‘mother’ in her friendship group, taking care of people. I didn’t know her long but she just seemed really nice. She was a very high achieving student. I remember her saying she had a very dark sense of humour.

Another female I work with..oh boy I can see us falling out already. She has a screechy voice, bad temper and says insensitive/awkward stuff or disguises rude comments in a playful way. She gets frustrated with me, as if to suggest I’m being uncaring or inconsiderate, when she is doing that same thing to me without realising the irony..There are things that are cool or nice about her but I think we def need to find a more appropriate boundary apart from each other. Also, she has mentioned having quite severe depression in the past.

Male LIEs:

One annoying young one I work with. Doesn’t understand the concept of personal space. This may just be a young male thing. Or something about my work place because it’s happened before with an SEI.

A guy I used to know: used to overdo at the gym, now he appears to be taking part in body-building competitions. Looks happy/healthy. Posts too many pics of his social life/himself on Instagram but sweet, fun guy from what I recall.

Another LIE: just a bit intense. Quite fun to party with, similar to SEE. Chats to people and acts a bit crazy.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 01-06-2022 at 08:44 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you know many LIEs, @Bethany, and here I was thinking that I was a special snowflake.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE View Post
    I wore two different shoes in public without realizing it yesterday.

You're not in trouble until you wear one on your foot and one on your hand.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    Wow, you know many LIEs, @Bethany, and here I was thinking that I was a special snowflake.
    You are one! Btw you remind me a bit of a friend I know. He’s ILE. Isn’t that weird when someone on the forum reminds you a little of someone you know? (not calling you an ILE btw haha)

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprise, it's me!
    https://tenor.com/view/surprised-its...g-gif-17570129
    Now I only have to go after my evil clone first. Or am I the evil clone?
    https://twitter.com/halpdevon/status...576128/photo/1

I have actually heard more often that some people think of me as an ILE, but that's probably due to the fact that in my casual mood I enjoy joking with Ne. Since I'm Ne-demonstrative, I'm strong in it, but don't take it too seriously, hence I find it ideal for fooling around. There's presently no serious business going on, after all.
    Last edited by Armitage; 01-09-2022 at 09:32 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear this is a joke my mate would make ha.

have actually heard more often that some people think of me as an ILE, but that's probably due to the fact that in my casual mood I enjoy joking with Ne. Since I'm Ne-demonstrative, I'm strong in it, but don't take it too seriously, hence I find it ideal for fooling around. There's presently no serious business going on, after all.
    well you are silly hahaha maybe you have a good handle on some si stuff too? Sometimes I think I have a weird relationship with si, stemming from both my parents being si types (sli, ese). I was also the first born child so it was just me and si types for a couple of years. My really good SEE friend is very SEI like in my eyes, and her mum is an SEI. It took me a while to decide SEE for her. She is intensely E6 and is incredibly warm, although it can be alarming when she gets randomly angry.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Surprise, it's me!
    https://tenor.com/view/surprised-its...g-gif-17570129

I have actually heard more often that some people think of me as an ILE, but that's probably due to the fact that in my casual mood I enjoy joking with Ne. Since I'm Ne-demonstrative, I'm strong in it, but don't take it too seriously, hence I find it ideal for fooling around. There's presently no serious business going on, after all.
    I've never been mistaken for an LII but now that I think about it I think I get why "Quasi-Identical" relationships kinda sorta work out. I myself am intimately aware of and how it goes about things. To use an example I came up with...

Say I was presented with the mythical "Gordian knot". Now, from a theoretical standpoint it is impossible to create an "impossibly" tangled knot unless you cheated and welded sections of the knot to others somehow. Like, say, the knot was constructed of nylon and you gave it a quick pass or two over a fierce and open flame. So long as that didn't happen I am well and perfectly able to untangle it without recourse to the sword and just cutting it... but I'd rather just slash it along its obvious weakpoint and be done with it! If I was given a choice in a void of course .

The LII on the other hand would rather just untie it peaceably... but if pressed for time would know how and where to slash if it came down to it. He'd be a bit disappointed at how he was denied the chance to actually demonstrate the subtle beauty of the knot as they untied it so meticulously and carefully but all types are still human. The LII may be most everything I am not and operate on literally opposed decision axis on all fronts but we share a common humanity. Put em' in the right place at the wrong time and you'll see em' channel that shadow rather effectively!

Case in point? Imagine if an LII saw and heard the dude who presented him with the knot swore to the highest divinities they both acknowledged that they didn't cheat and pass that nylon knot over an open flame when he wasn't looking. Once it became obvious that someone had maliciously fucked with the LII's base assumptions oh boy. If people think us gamma's know how to hurt people...

People often make the mistake of thinking "theories" or "conjecture" can explain everything. This is the fundamental error of . likewise makes a similar and likewise major error, that everything is fundamentally "logical" on some level. A thing can be perfectly and completely logically illogical. How the fuck else would one explain "mental illness" and attachment issues after all?
    Last edited by End; 01-11-2022 at 04:48 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As my life goes, I untie every knot that comes my way. No f'd up knots so far. It doesn't make me "feel" anything other than peaceful, another successful unknotting.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Another female I work with..oh boy I can see us falling out already. She has a screechy voice, bad temper and says insensitive/awkward stuff or disguises rude comments in a playful way. She gets frustrated with me, as if to suggest I’m being uncaring or inconsiderate, when she is doing that same thing to me without realising the irony..There are things that are cool or nice about her but I think we def need to find a more appropriate boundary apart from each other. Also, she has mentioned having quite severe depression in the past.
    it turns out this person is really quite nice. Supervision can be v cool. All ITR are precious really

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    it turns out this person is really quite nice. Supervision can be v cool. All ITR are precious really

Bethany, I've dated a few IEIs and I think THEY are very cool, and two of them were talking LTR with a potential contract.

BUT, I married my Supervisor and after a few years, found that there were some significant problems. I also have a beloved IEI cousin whom I grew up with. I love her dearly, but I can't hang out with her for very long because my Te hurts her.

Long term, Supervision turns into one-sided Conflict. Apartness is the medicine.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently also EIE's! Cant believe i mistook my role function for leading function.
    Don't feel bad, I once mistook my PoLR function for my Ego function. Lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast