View Poll Results: what is Barack Obama's type?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 4.88%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 2.44%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 4.88%
  • LII (INTj)

2 4.88%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

4 9.76%
  • EIE (ENFj)

7 17.07%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.44%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 4.88%
  • ESI (ISFj)

9 21.95%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 4.88%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 9.76%
  • EII (INFj)

6 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazybones View Post
    Barack Obama is most likely an Intuitive type, and IEI seems the most likely, although I can see why people might entertain IEE [Delta NF] or even LII [Alpha NT]. I think Michelle Obama is most likely a Sensing type, and she might be an SLE if Beta. I'm not sure about Bill Clinton, yet I'd consider him being a Sensing type, possibly SLE as well. And if that's not it, then I'd still say that Bill Clinton is in the same dual pair or quadra as Barack Obama.
    Why does Obama have to be an N type?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Candidate Obama was Beta NF. President Obama is Fi-leading (I'm starting to consider ESI, even though I don't like it.) Which one is the real Obama? Nobody knows. We should use socionics as evidence that an evil spirit possessed him when he was elected (he pledged his soul to the devil to get elected.) Alternatively, he might have been beamed up like that last great black person, Michael Jackson, and replaced with a weird alien like the one that masqueraded under the title of Michael Jackson from 1994 onwards (note that they did let the real michael jackson out--heavily disguised of course--to shoot a few music videos such as You Are Not Alone).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Candidate Obama was Beta NF. President Obama is Fi-leading (I'm starting to consider ESI, even though I don't like it.) Which one is the real Obama? Nobody knows. We should use socionics as evidence that an evil spirit possessed him when he was elected (he pledged his soul to the devil to get elected.) Alternatively, he might have been beamed up like that last great black person, Michael Jackson, and replaced with a weird alien like the one that masqueraded under the title of Michael Jackson from 1994 onwards (note that they did let the real michael jackson out--heavily disguised of course--to shoot a few music videos such as You Are Not Alone).
    Fi role. Read the Role thread and see what our new LSI member squack posted and you can compare and eliminate the contridictions with your Ti.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking there is an overall SLI tint to his administration. He may just be SLI.

It would make sense in as far as he reasons against Fe. (getting angry, for example) How many SLIs do you know that show emotion? All these reasons he "shouldn't" show Fe seem to point towards SLI to me.

Another issue: health care. It was his signature issue. Additionally, he seems to take a great deal of interest in the staffing of the government. The more I look at it, the more everything is delta Si from his point of view, and our country seems to be on an increasingly delta Si trajectory.

Here's the question: what is his phobia function? There seems to be a delta Ne phobia running throughout the administration. People afraid of the ability of crazies like Glenn Beck, as we saw in the debacle over the termination of that federal employee a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obama may be way too polished and politicized to type. i have thought IEI for awhile. but lately i've been seeing some IEE's in action and have noted that they ascend at a younger age than most. the ones i see are almost constantly working a relational angle...they see ethical dilemmas everywhere and seek to resolve them. at least at work, that is. i am not opposed to obama as an IEE.

very early in the election process, before the nominations were even made, my brother, IEE, send me a 4 page article stating why obama was a dark horse likely to take the entire election over. the article was persuasive....and ultimately correct.

obama's personage resolved the culture wars, made vietnam issues moot, and synthesized racial values, thereby reducing lingering racial tensions and making them irrelevant. these are all ethical dilemmas....through his politics and personage, he articulated an ethically driven values regime. the culture wars of the consciousness revolution have been laid to rest and we have an emergent point of view which is underlying the politics of the moment. this process actually seems more IEE to me than IEI. whether that means obama is an IEE i am not sure of.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's either IEI or EIE.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi ego, not SEE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Fi ego, not SEE.
    His Fi feels like context-dependent emotional manipulation, nothing more.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, idk. He reminds me so damn much of my dad. Same emotional restraint, same faux-seeming contemplative composure, same rigidity and impression of tendency to "hold forth." Obama seems more outwardly confident, a bit more grandiose, and more capable of being "casual," but also more physically and internally strained.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    His Fi feels like context-dependent emotional manipulation, nothing more.
    Well I'm talking about my more holistic impression of him as a person, as compared to other people I type as Fi ego, rather than instances of behavior.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received this message in my mailbox today....

Anthony --

Eighteen years ago, shortly after graduating from law school, I helped lead a voter registration campaign in Chicago that generated record turnout on Election Day.

That experience taught me one of the most important lessons I ever learned as a community organizer: When people promise that they'll do something -- like voting -- they are far more likely to do it.

That's why one key part of our Vote 2010 plan this year is to get folks like you from across the country to commit to vote, to make sure we get as many people as we can to cast their ballots this fall.

But getting the commitments we need starts with your own promise to make it to the polls and cast your ballot.

Will you please commit to vote in the 2010 elections?

Over the next 82 days, volunteers across the country will spend countless hours calling voters and knocking on their doors, asking them the same question.

And you can bet that I am counting on you to join them in talking to voters in your community.

This election offers a stark choice. We Democrats are hard at work trying to move America forward, repairing a decade of damage and growing an economy based on the Main Street values of hard work and responsibility.

We've fought for and won historic reforms to our health care system, a victory 100 years in the making, and to Wall Street, the most sweeping overhaul of the financial system since the Great Depression.

But after years of policies that landed us in the worst recession since the 1930's, the Republicans who got us there have not come up with anything different from the policies of George W. Bush.

We simply cannot afford to go backwards or let them repeal our reforms. And making sure we can continue moving forward starts with your own promise to cast your ballot in these elections.

Please commit to vote this fall:

BarackObama.com | VOTE 2010 | Democrats.org

Thank you,

President Barack Obama
    What would you think the type of the person who wrote this?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think Obama wrote that, you should be committed.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think Obama wrote that, you should be committed.
    srsly

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do you think, in view of his determined and rather difficult stand for the welfare of the unemployed, of a SLI typing for Obama?

Given how readily he throws beta NF concerns to the wind, it seems the only feasible typing.

I think his EIE-like crowd sourcing can be attributed to his being a skilled actor who puts on a very deliberate show, all in the name of getting support for his government-expanding ambitions. After all, expanding/reinforcing organizations is what SLIs do best.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread sort of makes me want to "edit for gayness" vast parts of people's minds and how they operate.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    this thread sort of makes me want to "edit for gayness" vast parts of people's minds and how they operate.

Man is it just my interpretation, or does delta ST have a serious ethics issue?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, I was looking at the thread itself, and not just what Tcau wrote.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Do people think that all Betas are some sort of pissed-off, super-animated and hyper-emotional ****** types that are always inciting anger and violence or something? These are rather silly and ridiculous stereotypes. Normal, healthy Betas are not some hardcore, hard-ass types that are always getting angry and pissed off and being emotional 24/7. These are rather silly stereotypes that only exist in a fantasy world of heavy metal and punk rock music, not usually in real life. These Beta types are only sensationalists like Marilyn Manson. Actually, even we know that he is rather calm and rational in real life. He has the ability to be rational, control his emotions and listen to everybody's opinions just like any normal person. He only does his "thing" for show. Betas, if they're healthy, contrary to popular belief, have the capacity to listen to others, care for their opinions, be genuinely concerned about others' well-being, listen to every sides without taking sides, be calm and rational, detest anger and other negative emotions, concerned about promoting peace, and so forth, things that are usually attributed to the Delta quadra for some unknown reason other than the fact that it is a commonly-held stereotype on this forum.

I'm actually rather concerned or curious about this... because people who type themselves or others as Betas have a notion of what Betas are "supposed to be" like. And people who don't fit into this stereotype simply type themselves or type others as Delta. They probably think to themselves, "Huh! What a terrible quadra, that Beta is! There is no way that I am Beta." So the false duality is created... Beta - mean, Delta - nice. Beta - inhumane, Delta - humanitarian. Beta - hardcore, Delta - softcore. Beta - immoral, Delta - moral. Beta - aggressive, Delta - passive.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta has the heavy (static) Pragmatists and Delta has the heavy Humanitarians, if that means anything.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Obama's weak Fe is pissing me off.

Seriously.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Missing Fe (aka DS)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Are you describing how he is always so calm/collected/mature/articulate when he talks and delivers speeches almost to the point of seeming android like?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Are you describing how he is always so calm/collected/mature/articulate when he talks and delivers speeches almost to the point of seeming android like?
    It's called being EII/Delta.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Seriously.

I mean... of all things to hate the guy for, weak Fe? I have a whole laundry list of other things. Is it cool if this thread goes off-topic, unrelated to socionics, and we turn this into a general bash Obama-thread? Is that cool with everyone?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

how does he have weak Fe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Is it cool if this thread goes off-topic, unrelated to socionics, and we turn this into a general bash Obama-thread? Is that cool with everyone?
    no.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it cool if this thread goes off-topic, unrelated to socionics, and we turn this into a general bash Obama-thread? Is that cool with everyone?

16Types Vote on Passage of the Bill: M.D. 592 (Generalized Obama-Bashage)

YEAs: 1
    NAYs: 1
    Not Voting: 0

Creepy-male

god damn you CILi, that girl on your avatar is so cute, its annoying. Change your avatar please, I'm getting a fake dopamine rush everytime I see it.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find it extremely appealing.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    god damn you CILi, that girl on your avatar is so cute, its annoying. Change your avatar please, I'm getting a fake dopamine rush everytime I see it.
    Wowza, somebody needa get laaaaiiid

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we officially at the point yet where obama has been typed absolutely EVERTHING throughout this forum's history?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid
    Dopamine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You dissin' me or the HLD?

Creepy-male

unfortunately, but lets not talk about it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean... of all things to hate the guy for, weak Fe? I have a whole laundry list of other things. Is it cool if this thread goes off-topic, unrelated to socionics, and we turn this into a general bash Obama-thread? Is that cool with everyone?
    go ahead. Im interested to hear it.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's SLI. Badly, SLI.

He never loses his composure. Ever. Si is 100% in control of the man.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    He's SLI. Badly, SLI.

He never loses his composure. Ever. Si is 100% in control of the man.
    Yeah, I remember you had this thread where you typed him SLI. It's a super interesting typing, so thanks! I think you could be right.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFJ

TIM