Thread: Control freaks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Control freaks...?

Which personality types lend themselves to be control freaks?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E...S...j...!!!
    Seriously, ESxjs will try to change you all the time! Sometimes, that's charming. Sometimes, it's annoying.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot about the ENxjs.

And everyone else who has realized that people are surprisingly easy to control.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp's with INTp children.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Creepy-

sdfsd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E's and j's in general.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or let's just generalize it to:

1. Anyone with ambition
    2. Unstable people
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's take it all the way to the big picture:
    Everybody.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, see, everyone's a potential control freak. Only some are kinetic control freaks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    No, see, everyone's a potential control freak. Only some are kinetic control freaks.
    Yeah, but both kinds are control freaks.
    And, of course, there are nuclear control freaks, electric control freaks, heat control freaks...

( Nice allusion, Cone. I hadn't thought of it in quite that way.)

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and mind control freaks, and game control freaks, and Ctrl freaks (those guys who love the Ctrl+x shortcuts), and ground control freaks, and control freaks who control the control freaks...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and +Alt-Del Ctrl freaks (Otherwise known as MicroSoft :wink: ) , and the remote control freaks, and the religion control freaks...

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and the post control freaks (i.e. the moderators), and the sound control freaks, and the drug control freaks...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a big control freak. I've mellowed out since I've been in treatment though. Aren't ENTjs supposed to be the most controling?

The thing is, when people have OCD or eating disorders or are control freaks, it's all the same issue... fear of loss of control over themselves and their own lives (and low seratonin or other neurotransmitter imbalances).

At this point I don't control people, I more manipulate the dynamics of a situation. It's always for the better though! Honestly!

As far as controling people... I don't control them, I condition them. I postively reward positive behaviors and ignore the person when they are dislplaying negative behaviors, or, depending on the extent, use some type of discouragement. It's just like training my puppy. When he's good, click and treat. When he's not good, ignore him or use a deterent. It's basic conditioning and we all do it whether we realize it or not!!!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    At this point I don't control people, I more manipulate the dynamics of a situation. It's always for the better though! Honestly!
    That's what they all say. :wink:

Creepy-wadz wurthin'

yes, manipulating the "dynamics of a situation". good choice of words!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beside everyone can be a control freak at something I say my ISTP brother is a control freak to me.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly couldn't see an ENFP being a control freak... but I'm biased, what does everyone else think?
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.