Thread: You know what I really love about Ti?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You know what I really love about Ti?

If you think too fast you make logical errors!! WEEE!!

I always have to stop and slowly analyze new information before being confident that I have grasped it. Once I have fully comprehended something, it is then that I become cerebrally quick, and able to dish out the mad witticisms. But man, I can say some stupid shit if I've yet to sit down and have a good think about something. Math especially is something that I can make huge errors with without realizing it, because I haven't sufficiently transfered the into .

I HAVE MATH ANXIETY.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    remember that post wady (i think) made about their intj workmate and the sponge in the bucket?
    Haha. Yeah, and that's a perfect example. I don't think I would have made that particular error, however. For some reason I am able to reason spacially rather well, but when it comes to hard numbers, that's when I can embarass myself.

I was trying to calculate in my head what 20% of 2 minutes was, and for some reason when I pictured "2 minutes" in my head, I saw 200. 20% of 200 is 40, so in my head the solution was 40. I thought this for almost a whole day when suddenly, I guess my or kicked in and I realized that 2 minutes is 120 seconds, and that 20% of that is 24.

I felt sooooooo stupid. lol.

Creepy-Waddlez Wurthz

alot of it has to do with how logical Ti is. I mean, why is a minute broken down into 60 seconds? why not a hundred faster seconds, or just a hundred seconds? doesn't seem rational to me. should be all tens, you know? (I hate math as well, just because it seems so cluttered to me and so useless at this point in my life)I suppose one of the jobs of the ENTp is to take a bunch of fragmented olden fashioned grandma ideas and go "okay, look, this is retarded because it doesn't make sense." its always all one thing. like why learn the american system of measurements? why did they even program us with that in kindergarten. now all i am is confused because I have so much more work to do simplifying my world. should have just taught us the metric system. No wonder america is behind.

there's my rant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te is the logic most talked about, I think. Like in debates, and such. Because its what's pointed outward.

Si -- traditional sensing. The awareness of forms, etc.
    Ni -- traditional intuition. Like ESP, can almost foresee perfectly what's coming.
    Fi -- traditional feeling.
    Ti -- traditional thinking.

The extraverted versions of those functions are whats forced upon us, or are what's experienced often times, just because of where they pull their sustinence. eh?
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: You know what I really love about Ti?

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I HAVE MATH ANXIETY.
    I get brain freeze when it comes to math. My mind goes blank and I can't think to do even the simpliest problems. I always was like that. Thank God for calculators.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, ask me to balance any equation, even the simplest ones. I do it three times, I end up with three completely different answers.
    23+4*x=45+x
    x=-23
    x=98
    x=42
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlez Wurthz
    alot of it has to do with how logical Ti is. I mean, why is a minute broken down into 60 seconds? why not a hundred faster seconds, or just a hundred seconds? doesn't seem rational to me. should be all tens, you know? (I hate math as well, just because it seems so cluttered to me and so useless at this point in my life)I suppose one of the jobs of the ENTp is to take a bunch of fragmented olden fashioned grandma ideas and go "okay, look, this is retarded because it doesn't make sense." its always all one thing. like why learn the american system of measurements? why did they even program us with that in kindergarten. now all i am is confused because I have so much more work to do simplifying my world. should have just taught us the metric system. No wonder america is behind.

there's my rant.
    Ok, you've finally convinced me that you're an ILE.

And after hearing what you guys have to say, I'm more grateful that I don't have these "mathematical problems". I always thought is was simple... whatever...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddlez Wurthz

there's my rant.
    Ok, you've finally convinced me that you're an ILE.

And after hearing what you guys have to say, I'm more grateful that I don't have these "mathematical problems". I always thought is was simple... whatever...

You gain aptitude in math at the expense of the ENTp's extreme sexual charisma. :wink:

But seriously, I believe a strong is still very powerful; learning math simply becomes a matter of skill instead of talent, just as an INTp may teach himself to see the "underlying principle."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe a lot of my problem may be due to me being satisfied finding *any* logical solution, and not just *the* solution. If it makes sense it my head I will settle for it. This becomes problematic when the habit causes me to find difficulty being objective. I can only really be objective when I am truly motivated, and so I focus most of my energy on things of a subjective quality (philosophy, religion, fantasy).

The plus side of this is that I am good at understanding people and talking to them, because I am so open minded. The downside is the lack of objectivity that can sometimes piss people off and get me in trouble.

Also, I am less about "making a living," and more about "doing what I am meant to do." I am a very "spiritual" person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gain aptitude in math at the expense of the ENTp's extreme sexual charisma. :wink:
    Sold your soul to the devil for a bit of calculating power, eh, discojoe :wink: ?
    I personally took the deal of selling emotional stability and fitting into society for a love of reading and computers. Nice trade it was, too ...

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right... ILE? SSEEEEXXYYY....

Elton John- ILE

We SLIs can't compete with that...

Lee Mazzilli- SLI

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    Well, ask me to balance any equation, even the simplest ones. I do it three times, I end up with three completely different answers.
    23+4*x=45+x
    x=-23
    x=98
    x=42
    Wow, it's like a super power!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You're right... ILE? SSEEEEXXYYY....
    [img]Elton John- ILE

We SLIs can't compete with that...
    [img]Lee Mazzilli- SLI

Though aside from that example(Elton John is NOT sexy), I really can't decide.

Totally off topic: ever notice that sometimes the animated Emoticons on the left of the reply box get stuck? This used to be Mr. Rolling-eyes Guy, now he's Mr. Cross-eyed Guy.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Creepy-

Elton John? he can't be ENTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Totally off topic: ever notice that sometimes the animated Emoticons on the left of the reply box get stuck? This used to be Mr. Rolling-eyes Guy, now he's Mr. Cross-eyed Guy.
    I love you, Xcaliburgirl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles W
    I love you, Xcaliburgirl.
    Ok, now I have to be honest:

ENTps are sexier. :wink:
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what I love about Ti? That people think it's the function of understanding.

/sarcasm
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23+4*x=45+x
    x=-23
    x=98
    x=42
    Wow, it's like a super power!

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    You know what I love about Ti? That people think it's the function of understanding.

/sarcasm
    How was that sarcasm?

23+4*x=45+x
    x=-23
    x=98
    x=42
    Maybe my hidden agenda "to understand" is showing along with my INFP mastery of logic, but I don't believe that equation can be balanced. Wouldn't solving that equation be like trying to find x in an equation such as 2x+1=2x? I'll freely admit math was never my best subject. I isolated for x and got x=22+x/4. Am I not understanding something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're supposed to put all x's on one side of the = and all other numbers on the other side.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer is x=22/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone

/sarcasm
    How was that sarcasm?
    The point that I "love" it.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23+4*x=45+x

4x=22+x
    3x=22
    x=22/3
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody (Two somebodies (Or perhaps rather someminds...)!) actually bothered to solve a random problem I just threw out there as an arbitrary example! This must mean something...
    *Tottles off to meditate on the meaning of x, and to get in mental touch with the Great Something of the World*

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is pretty funny, come to think of it.