PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith

Jockl
07-11-2005, 02:37 AM
What's his type?

I would say ENFp or ESFp. ENFp because of his seemingly boundless energy making fun, always exaggerating good mood and happy face. Seems someone puts just the "make fun" trigger on him and then he couldn't be turned of for 3 days.

http://i.imgur.com/0a0ZTpf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MYcTVYE.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXQzVoPE-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPicgVPaibc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nVqeVhgQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXNm28b_2I4

SportsFan
07-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I think he's an ESTP. Believe it or not, some ESTPs are fun loving people. He just doesn't seem like a genuine feeler, but more of a cool, thinking type. I think that a lot of ExTPs are the comedian/actor/clown types.

07-12-2005, 03:35 AM
I know ESTP (both subtypes) and Will is definitely not one.

SportsFan
07-12-2005, 02:49 PM
I want to say ENFp...but socionics ENFp's are subdued and intellectual...

I want to say ESFp...but socionics ESFp's are willfull and driven by deep strong emotions that aren't expressed directly...

Yeah, which is why I don't think it's that hard to believe that he's an ESTP.

So, I guess ESFj...

That's not actually a bad guess. But do you really think he's judging? He's seems heavy on the :Se: to me.

SportsFan
07-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. My mom is an ENFJ and my sister is an ESFJ. I actually thought my sister was ESFP at first, but then I realized the diffrences between the types and now it's obvious she is ESFJ. As for Will Smith, I can see how he CAN be an ESFJ, but in my opinion he still comes off as a smooth ESTP.

07-13-2005, 01:47 AM
An example of a smooth ESTP (sensory subtype) would be David Beckham not Will Smith. When determing type (and subtype) it's important to examine the eyes, facial expressions, mannerisms and body language /movement...

Drew P
07-13-2005, 01:56 AM
Looks like an ENTP-some give off :Se:

Cone
07-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Well, "seemingly boundless energy" is usually associated with strong :Fe:.

Jockl
07-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Well, "seemingly boundless energy" is usually associated with strong :Fe:.
Hm, I also associate this with :Ne: , the ENFPs und ENTPs i know are usally very energetic. :Ne: shows Energy towards Ideas, :Fe: Energy towards people. I think an Actor or Comedian can use both of these to create Enthusiasm.

Scarecrow
07-14-2005, 01:55 AM
100% ESFP

Rocky
07-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Looks like an ENTP-some give off :Se:

Actually, according to this (http://braintypes.com/newsworthy/newsworthy13.htm) he is an ENTP. I was was going through that archieve and there are some intersting names there.

dreamer
06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
ENFP

vroooooom
06-19-2006, 07:32 PM
ENFP

(idiot)

Rocky
06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
ENFP

(idiot)

Idiot with an MIT scholarship.

ENTP btw.

FDG
06-19-2006, 07:47 PM
In the "Fresh Prince", he was the best depiction of an ESFp male I've ever seen. However, I don't know whether his acting persona in the sit-com reflected his real-life inclinations.

Raver
06-19-2006, 08:04 PM
In the "Fresh Prince", he was the best depiction of an ESFp male I've ever seen. However, I don't know whether his acting persona in the sit-com reflected his real-life inclinations.

I thought the fresh prince behaved more like an ENFp and it is described that way according to typelogic. Well, he could be ESFp as well, but I watched almost every show and the majority of the time he looked ENFp to me. There were times where he did appear as an ESFp though.

FDG
06-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Well, you have to keep in mind that I watched the italian version. I might also have a strage image of ENFps. I've always thought about them being more reserved than Will Smith in the Fresh Prince but hey, if you, being an ENFp, say that he behaved like an ENFp, my opinion doesn't count much :)

pokeball
06-19-2006, 10:27 PM
I think it's funny that he has similar roles to Keanu Reeves-- usually the role of the hero. He probably had less freedom with Fresh Prince. He was young and new. Plus he was African American in a then cracker-drenched media. I also note than many of Keanu's early roles were similar and not a hero but rather a charming dumbass.

In interveiws Ive noted that they both have a similar tie, too. They both are very into children. Will seems to be a very protective and nurturing father. Keanu, who lost his child, still weeps for his.

Joy
06-20-2006, 02:26 AM
will smith taught the dog whisperer how to speak english

pokeball
06-20-2006, 06:19 AM
You officially know more random and useless info than I do, Joy :p

Joy
06-20-2006, 06:20 AM
lol peter told me that. wikipedia is one of his favorite sites. :D

diamond
06-20-2006, 01:19 PM
enfp. you can't help but love this guy!

Joy
06-20-2006, 02:56 PM
you'd think that, being an ISTj, I would like him less :lol:

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 03:31 PM
you'd think that, being an ISTj, I would like him less :lol:

There isn't one ounce of ISTj in you. :wink:
I you want to be ISxx, then you know what I'll suggest. :lol:

Joy
06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
I you want? That's okay, I'll pass. You're Fe enough for both of us.

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 10:45 PM

I'm radiating with Fe! :D

Footnote: spent the evening with relatives. I was in a good mood and I really liked the company, but I said so little, I was internally laughing about the possibility of being ENFj. I was acting like an INFj, listening, smiling, understanding others, while I had no opinion myself.

Joy
06-20-2006, 10:56 PM
sounds more like IxFp behavior imo :wink:

(I was kidding about the Fe btw... )

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
sounds more like IxFp behavior imo :wink:

(I was kidding about the Fe btw... )

Haha, I know. :) No one would seriously say that I have a lot of Fe. I don't even like Fe much. People with overflowing emotions seem fake. On the other hand, I don't like expressionless dead-looking people (evil vampire with hidden emotions is cool, but zombie with no visible emotions is not).

Will Smith - I don't know his type, but I would like to hang out with him. He seems nice. Delta seems pretty accurate.

FDG
06-20-2006, 11:18 PM

Footnote: spent the evening with relatives. I was in a good mood and I really liked the company, but I said so little, I was internally laughing about the possibility of being ENFj. I was acting like an INFj, listening, smiling, understanding others, while I had no opinion myself.

Well I don't know if the last line is appropriate for INFjs at all

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 11:22 PM

*Diana marches to Estonia to share HER OPINION on this matter with Kristiina. . . halfway there she stops to think, "Wait, maybe she didn't mean that quite how I took it, hmmm. Probably no reason to get upset" Turns around and walks back.*

:D Well... I can see how you think I might have meant it. You were right to turn back and not come to Estonia because of this.
As I have said on numerous occasions, I love INFjs. They are lovely and cute. I wouldn't say that they are outspoken or opinionated. I usually am. Tonight I just seemed shy and non-outspoken (not being opinionated). I was attentively listening to people, trying to give them the impression that I do understand them (because I did, but I had nothing to say about it). It was the :Fi: kind of "smile and nod".

Joy
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
someone open a window! it reeks of MBTI in here!

Joy
06-20-2006, 11:25 PM
As I have said on numerous occasions, I love INFjs. They are lovely and cute. I wouldn't say that they are outspoken or opinionated. I usually am. Tonight I just seemed shy and non-outspoken (not being opinionated). I was attentively listening to people, trying to give them the impression that I do understand them (because I did, but I had nothing to say about it). It was the :Fi: kind of "smile and nod".

again, sounds more IxFp

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 11:27 PM
someone open a window! it reeks of MBTI in here!

*Kristiina opened the window just in case and is trying her best to find the evil MBTI. It's nowhere to be seen. "Oh well," she thinks, "I think the ISFp was wrong."

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 11:28 PM

again, sounds more IxFp

How many INFps and INFjs do you know?
How Fe is the thing I described?
How many xanax have you taken today? :wink:

Joy
06-20-2006, 11:34 PM
*rubs temples*

nevermind. go read the type descriptions. better yet, read the description of Fe... it's a warm kinda thing like you're describing (not that it isn't anything else)

Joy
06-20-2006, 11:36 PM
now if you'll excuse me...

*goes to take a xanax* :lol:

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
I need alternative opinions! :) I don't want to be all nasty to Joy and be wrong. I think I'm right, but if others (besides Joy) think I'm wrong, tell me and explain.

Did I describe Fe or Fi? INFp or INFj. (shy friendly kind of smile and nod).

Kristiina
06-20-2006, 11:57 PM
I need alternative opinions! :) I don't want to be all nasty to Joy and be wrong. I think I'm right, but if others (besides Joy) think I'm wrong, tell me and explain.

This is the part that got me all riled up "while I had no opinion myself." Well Kristiina, thinking back over our interactions, does this seem like an accurate portrayal to you?

Not really. :) But the INFjs I know in real life do behave like this. They can argue very well and I think they are very smart, but they still seem like this in company.
INFp is just talking to everyone (1-2 people at a time), getting them to open up one by one. Warm and open.

Joy
06-21-2006, 12:08 AM

This is the part that got me all riled up "while I had no opinion myself." Well Kristiina, thinking back over our interactions, does this seem like an accurate portrayal to you?

Not really. :) But the INFjs I know in real life do behave like this. They can argue very well and I think they are very smart, but they still seem like this in company.
INFp is just talking to everyone (1-2 people at a time), getting them to open up one by one. Warm and open.

yes, this sounds more like typical INFj and INFp behavior. your original description didn't, at least to me

Slacker
03-18-2009, 05:47 PM
JuJu- you think Will Smith is SEE > IEE ? I think IEE.

I Supervise Ashton
03-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I've always thought of Will Smith as an Se ego. And I definitely think he VI's more similarly to SEEs than IEEs I've known and typed. I also agree with JuJu that IEEs presence/behavior is typically more subdued and understated in comparison to SEEs.

All in all, I think SEE>IEE for Smith's type.

Park
03-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I've always thought of Will Smith as an Se ego. And I definitely think he VI's more similarly to SEEs than IEEs.

All in all, I agree that SEE>IEE for Smith's type.
Ya, me too. Perhaps even ESE > IEE?

Slacker
03-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Did you see the movie he personally made with his son? That seemed like a bit of an Fi thing. And I don't really see the Se, unless it's in a character he played, like in Men in Black or Independence Day or something. Though I'll admit to not being an expert on Will Smith. I did watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire once upon a time. LOL.

I Supervise Ashton
03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Don't really watch his movies. My opinion of his type is based solely on video interviews and photos.

meatburger
03-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Did you see the movie he personally made with his son? That seemed like a bit of an Fi thing. And I don't really see the Se, unless it's in a character he played, like in Men in Black or Independence Day or something. Though I'll admit to not being an expert on Will Smith. I did watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire once upon a time. LOL.

I also think hes IEE. I have never had an actor mirror my values so much as he seems to in his movies. When he was with his son in the subway and he pretended dinosaurs were there, and when he told him that he could be anything i think that was IEE > SEE. His movies are incredibly Fi laden i think. With that being said he is following a script, but yeah i can definately see IEE for him. Any apparent Se that he has i think can be acted i think. Theres a difference between acting tough in movies and being tough in real life.

I Supervise Ashton
04-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Here I will quote Smith directly to finally prove that he is most definitely not an IEE.

"I consider myself to be of basically average talent, right? What I have that other people do not have is a sick, obsessive, raw animal drive."

Clear :Se: ego.

"People are responsible for their own actions. There was a case [in Texas] where the kid was trying to say a Tupac record made him shoot a police officer. That is the most ridiculous assertion I've ever heard in my life. A record can't make you do anything. I can relate to the emotion. I remember being young and coming out of a Bruce Lee movie and being hyped. We're jumping around and kicking each other, but a Bruce Lee movie can't make me get into a fight. We, as individuals, have to take responsibilities for our actions."

"It's difficult to be successful without structure and discipline. ... You have to put that concept into anything you do, any type of relationship you want to be successful in."

"Jada and I have problems; everybody has problems. People ask, "What happens if you made a mistake?" Well, you should be a little more careful before you stand up in front of God and your family and friends and say, "Till death do us part."

"Raw animal drive" combined with consistent emphasis on self discipline and holding oneself to high internal moral standards. :Se: + :Fi:.

"My father always said, "No plan B. It distracts from plan A." Life is lived on the edge. You definitely gotta have the balls for it. We were raised with the concept of trying to save money, and I'm telling you, no, spend every dime on whatever your dream is. Don't have a dime in the bank. Whatever your dream is, every extra penny you have needs to be going to that."

:Ne: devaluing and :Se: valuing.

"...I truly, honestly believe that if I chose to be the President of the United States, I could. You know, there's this wonderful delusional quality that I have that, I think, most successful people have to have. You have to believe in the impossible."

Consistent mentality of prioritizing achievement, accomplishment, and goal setting for the sake of it is inconsistent with :Ne:/:Si: quadra values, ruling out Delta or Alpha. Ambitiously and constantly driving toward a new goal and direction is not :Ne:. :Ne: is about grasping the essence of something tangible, and discovering hidden potential. :Ne: is not about consistently achieving tangible results because it's not the point of :Ne:. :Ne: cannot lead to long lasting results or feelings of accomplishment without being grounded by :Si:. If anything, Smith would only feel stiffled by :Si:.

"I don't even know what it is, but I just know that there is influence that I can have, and I want to find a direction."

:Ni:-seeking.

I focus on my relationship with Jada like a soldier. You've got to work at it. When we're together, I'm her mate, I'm her security guard, I'm her cook. I'm everything. I get turned on by working 16 hours, then completely drained coming in the house and taking the baby for an hour from her; that makes me feel strong. You have to focus on everything in your life with that type of military intensity."

There is absolutely no evidence what-so-ever that Will Smith is :Si: valuing/seeking and nor is his wife, Jada, :Si:-leading. Jazzy Jeff is probably INTp.

Observe Smith here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hEoc7Cr-is On the surface, it may appear that Smith is refering to :Ne:, but that's only because it's :Ti: devaluing combined with :Se:. Mere mention of words like "idea, possibility," or "dream" are not intrinsically related to Ne either.

No IEE I've ever known carries themselves in the cocky, forceful manner that Smith does or speaks the way Will Smith does naturally. Also, I can't imagine Smith's demeanor not eventually tiring out an SLI. I can easily see why many Se super-id's would feel somewhat activated by Smith's very presence. In conclusion, Will Smith is blatantly SEE, probably an Fi subtype, which might explain why so many self typed IEEs feel they identify with him.

I know my dual and Smith isn't it. Last I remember, Winterpark, a blatant SLI-Si, agrees with me.

munenori2
04-17-2009, 06:59 AM
I completely concur on SEE. He's my friend's identical. Still, I can't help but lollingly remember the Fresh Prince theme song. :)

1981slater
04-17-2009, 10:43 AM
SEE :Fi:

I Supervise Ashton
04-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Jada Pinkett Smith (Will Smith's wife) is irrational, introverted, and non-:Si:-leading. She's INTp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11mvu5D-ro

Compare her facial structure to this INTp.
http://thejapanblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/koizumi.jpg

DJ Jazzy Jeff, also INTp.
http://ultimatehiphopcrew.com/hhd/images/artist/DJ%20Jazzy%20Jeff.jpg

Slacker
04-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I can handle SEE. Just so long as no one tries to claim he isn't an Fi type. And those quotes do seem Se so I will concede that he is probably SEE rather than IEE.

inumbra
04-17-2009, 01:52 PM
This typing (SEE) matches my own unthoughtout, subconsciously assumed impression, only with much more thinking!

inumbra
04-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Compare her facial structure to this INTp. ...

DJ Jazzy Jeff, also INTp. ...

:confused: Humor? :confused:

I Supervise Ashton
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM

:confused: Humor? :confused:

No. I'm sending you a friend request.

Park
04-19-2009, 02:50 AM
No. I'm sending you a friend request.

LMAO. :lol:

Park
04-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Last I remember, Winterpark, a blatant SLI-Si, agrees with me.

Since when am I a blatant Si subtype??? :reallymad:

I feel heavily hurt and offended.

I will be waiting for my apology. K? Bye. And die.

Sol
04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
he is ILE

Binky
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
he is ILE

You mean Winterpark? He's certainly attracted to them.

Sol
04-24-2009, 06:13 PM
You mean Winterpark?

I meant Will Smith.

Binky
04-24-2009, 06:36 PM
lol.

Sol
04-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Other versions are funny for me too. :)

Park
05-09-2009, 01:07 AM
I have changed my mind about Smith, I think he's either an Alpha Extrovert or IEE. The first post in this thread says pretty much nothing to me as the quotes are interpreted very subjectively and the approach DeAnte's using is very narrow and absolutist, as usual.

I Supervise Ashton
05-09-2009, 02:29 AM
In other words, Winterpark just watched Smith's "Summertime" and "Just Cruisin" music videos and now refuses to believe Will Smith could be anything other than Si/Ne valuing.

Feel free to quote search yourself and interpret them as you wish. We are all on pins and needles.

Park
05-09-2009, 03:12 AM
In other words, Winterpark just watched Smith's "Summertime" and "Just Cruisin" music videos and now refuses to believe Will Smith could be anything other than Si/Ne valuing.

That's partly true, yes. Good observation. Those clips are indeed Si/Ne, as well as this one: (though not as much)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMPArYnklYo

I also read two full interviews and watched a few episodes of the Fresh Prince of Bell Air yesterday. There's also these two people he really begins to remind me more and more of, one is an ENTp friend of mine and the other is a guy who claims to be ENFp... So I was stating my overall impression atm.

Feel free to quote search yourself and interpret them as you wish. We are all on pins and needles.

Yes, of course. But while I get your point, I disagree with the "pins and needles" analogy which I find pretty much unneeded.

Park
05-09-2009, 03:16 AM
@DeAnte: I agree he looks more like Se valuating.

Se valuatening it is. I give up.

Singu
05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
I think that his quote "I want to represent an idea, I want to represent possibilities, I want to represent 'magic'..." (in that video) is more about intuition, and more importantly, Beta NF ideals. Beta Ni is about... something (exciting or foreboding) that happens in the future.

Anglas
03-17-2016, 03:30 AM
Is he e6?

darya
03-17-2016, 11:05 AM
SEE 3w2 most likely

Jack Oliver Aaron
03-17-2016, 11:52 AM
... his seemingly boundless energy making fun, always exaggerating good mood and happy face. Seems someone puts just the "make fun" trigger on him and then he couldn't be turned of for 3 days.

Just from that alone, it is enough to give him a reasonably sure typing of ESE. IEEs value Extroverted Logic, they prefer the matter-of-fact delivery of accurate information, rather than emotional exaggeration of Extroverted Ethics.

Jarno
03-17-2016, 06:53 PM
will smith taught the dog whisperer how to speak english

dog whisperer is SEE-Fi. i think Will smith too btw.

SidneyCrosby
05-22-2019, 08:13 PM
Intuitive

khcs
05-28-2019, 12:23 PM
Will Smith - INFP - Yesenin or ISFJ - Dreiser ???

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/men_in_black_nyc_017_wenn5652612.jpg

https://newimages.bwwstatic.com/upload12/1947779/xtn-500_775315127vd00081_world_prem.jpg.pagespeed.ic.B y1vZYZ3Gk.jpg

khcs
05-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Yesenin ?

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2015/11/25/25-will-smith.w529.h529.jpg

https://www.numerama.com/content/uploads/2016/03/will-smith.jpg