PDA

View Full Version : Article: Activity Relations ENFp and ESTj by Stratiyevskaya

jewels
06-25-2013, 11:19 AM
You can view the page at http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/337-Activity-Relations-ENFp-and-ESTj-by-Stratiyevskaya

Beautiful sky
06-25-2013, 01:29 PM
This is what's meant by "autonomy"? I guess when you have someone, like an IEE, being a social butterfly, not caring much about you and your kids, you figure it's a good thing to have your own space and call it "autonomy". IEE is looking for someone else already...lol.

"Observant, pedantic, very straightforward and somewhat harsh in communication Shtirlits begins to scare Huxley away. The later starts to experience the ever-increasing discomfort in LSE's presence - IEE becomes more and more tired of the stress and of the tightening control of his "activator" and begins to feel burdened by the presence of his LSE partner. Here, IEE will want to "slip" out of this situation and to "dilute" the distance. He already will want there to be someone else in place of his spouse. (Subconsciously, he is already looking for other options.)"

Suz
07-20-2013, 04:39 AM
not all IEEs are like that....

Raver
07-20-2013, 05:08 AM
Lol, so the moral of the story is the IEE will eventually cheat on the LSE out of boredom. Odd description, good for a laugh though.

Suz
07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
I highly doubt that. If anything, LSEs are a little bit overwhelming for me.

Suz
07-20-2013, 03:21 PM
p.s. The Sound of Music was about an IEE-LSE couple. That wasn't so bad now was it?

applejacks
07-20-2013, 03:43 PM
I can see the initial attraction between these two types, especially if they're engaging in activities they both enjoy (travel, sports, biking, parties, etc)

From my personal experience however, it feels as if what I try to tell the LSE is never fully absorbed, and vice versa. In fact, the last conversation I had with an LSE literally ended with her saying "I don't understand what you mean. Hold on, let me get the door." Then guests flooded the house. NobleFool - sound familiar? :)

Raver - I don't think this necessarily implies "cheating", but I think as an IEE, we'll seek some sort of connection elsewhere. It's almost as if we need attentive, understanding ears in order to talk through and realize our own thoughts and conclusions.

Suz
07-20-2013, 03:48 PM
That's true, it could all just reflect that extravert-extravert dynamic, where both extraverts want to extravert. That's definitely happened to me with LSEs also. But eventually once we hear each other out, we understand each other. It's part of the "exhausting" dynamic. I still love them though.

InvisibleJim
07-20-2013, 03:51 PM
No-one is more special than an IEE and no-one is more important than an LSE.

applejacks
07-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Lmao.

This is ironic:

I'm at work right now (getting some overtime in on a Saturday), so I skimmed what you said, and didn't understand at first.

So then I re-read it, and understood it was about an LSE not understanding because they have work to do.

But doesn't an LSE always feel as if they have work to do? If so, that would make sense. I never really connect on a deeper level with LSE as a result.

applejacks
07-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Later this afternoon, I'm going to a party to celebrate my stepbrother's birthday. :D I'm getting my work done early today so I don't have to worry about it later and can enjoy more important things like family.

But won't you find work to do at the party? Like acting as a supportive host, etc?

I didn't mean that to sound accusing, I'm just trying to get inside your brain and understand (to improve my relationship with an LSE)

Also, props to you for working on a Saturday! That's discipline.

applejacks
07-20-2013, 04:37 PM
No, my mom likes to host everything and make sure everyone is taken care of. I'll offer to help to be nice, but she'll refuse, saying I'm a guest. This is getting more ironic, because she's an IEE. :P

This made me laugh.

Some people seem to have the philosophy that if you're happy, you're productive; I, however, believe that if you're productive, you're happy.

This speaks to me as the perfect example for the difference between IEE and LSE. I have to agree that your approach (productivity first, happiness follows) is much more admirable. Unfortunately I find that I'm built in the opposite direction!

Waster
07-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Lol, so the moral of the story is the IEE will eventually cheat on the LSE out of boredom. Odd description, good for a laugh though.

Moral of the story: Don't let IEE invite people over. :P

Raver
07-21-2013, 05:35 AM
I can see the initial attraction between these two types, especially if they're engaging in activities they both enjoy (travel, sports, biking, parties, etc)
This rings true from my own interactions with those I suspected as LSE.

I don't think this necessarily implies "cheating", but I think as an IEE, we'll seek some sort of connection elsewhere. It's almost as if we need attentive, understanding ears in order to talk through and realize our own thoughts and conclusions.

Yes, we need SLIs. :p

InvisibleJim
07-21-2013, 05:47 AM

Moral of the story, don't date IEEs :D

Beautiful sky
07-21-2013, 07:41 AM

LOL. I want to put that in my signature :)

Iris
07-24-2013, 10:08 PM
This story is SO DRAMATIC. (Not very delta.)

mu4
07-25-2013, 12:01 AM
It's not that dramatic, it doesn't seem like there's a ton of fighting...

Suz
07-25-2013, 12:28 AM
But doesn't an LSE always feel as if they have work to do? If so, that would make sense. I never really connect on a deeper level with LSE as a result.

idk, i always feel like i have work to do...it never ends...
Maybe too many of my bosses are LSE!

lemontrees
07-25-2013, 03:11 AM
Lol at this story. Just, lol.

I've never had anything nearly this exciting happen with LII's ;___;

Suz
07-25-2013, 03:22 AM
In general i find Stratievskaya's take on deltas a little bit off... or at least not how I would see things...

Beautiful sky
12-10-2014, 07:58 PM
This story is SO DRAMATIC. (Not very delta.)

Read the EII description with dual LSE we can throw tantrums...very emotional stuff ;) Delta can be relationshipally dramatic.

Beautiful sky
05-24-2015, 09:22 PM
I love you applejacks

applejacks
05-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Maritsa - CMERE! :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze:

Suz
05-26-2015, 06:48 PM
In general i find Stratievskaya's take on deltas a little bit off... or at least not how I would see things...

i'm reevaluating my earlier position on this now... maybe i felt that way bc i was mistyping myself..

applejacks
05-26-2015, 06:51 PM
I must say, I love the effort LSEs put forth in relationships and communication. They try so very hard.

My LSE mother in law is becoming very good at summarizing what Im trying to tell her. When she gets off on a tangent, she'll dial it back in and say "so what I hear you saying is..."

That makes me happy, and that's good enough for me, that others try and put in the effort.

applejacks
05-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Although sometimes I just want to shoot tranquilizing darts at LSEs. :8*

inabox
09-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Moral of the story, don't date IEEs :D

Haha, funny, I read the article on ISFj/INTp relationships by Stratievskaya and I had the same advice regarding ILIs ^_^ .

inabox
09-05-2016, 08:08 PM
I love LSEs of either subtypes; I mean they're effing pushy which is frustrating because hi, don't interrupt my process with your forcefulness, understand that others can form their schedules and have their own goals too. We get on each other's nerves but I appreciate that some time apart can usually smooth it over :D .

But I <3 them. I very much wish that there was a full English translation of that article :( .

Beautiful sky
09-06-2016, 07:08 AM
Although sometimes I just want to shoot tranquilizing darts at LSEs. :8*

ahahahah

Beautiful sky
01-04-2017, 09:57 PM
I love LSE and IEE

wasp
10-30-2017, 11:48 PM
this is a little dramatic... but I see her point, ish. I just think it's incompatible with Delta values.

afaik IEE provides LSE with a fairly positive contextual framework for their personal problems + relationships. LSE provides IEE with solid evaluations regarding work + business related matters + something of a "home"y feeling. I think most Delta NFs would be confident dealing with LSE's potentially blunt/crass mode of communication since they're naturally prone to looking past that and seeing good intentions underlying poor delivery. As long as the relationship is kept platonic where the IEE can advise the LSE whenever they need it, and the LSE doesn't put too many restrictions on the IEE. Then it can probably be more accurately described as a long-lasting friendship where they semi-regularly reconnect to seek advice, counsel, or just a pleasant chat. And I think the probability of their relationship working out long-term would increase significantly if they shared similar life and/or career goals.

theoretically I could maybe see Strat's example play out in a long-term union, namely if it's solidified by a contract, whether business or personal, if there's little to no open communication, but I don't think absolute extreme manifestation of any intertype relation should be used as a primary example.

But Deltas are more lenient with regard to "irrationality". The freedom to move from one interest to another is an integral part of Delta, but when Deltas have finally settled down (such as in the article) and they have definitive commitments, then it might become a problem, but friendships aren't as high-stakes. So I feel like Deltas are less attached to each other than might be implied in the article. They usually give me the impression of people who want to foster long-term friendships/relationships, but I think it's more important to them that they do good by most people (namely Delta NFs) since they don't consciously split people up into "mine" and "others", which is to say that I don't think "irrational hits" will be taken as hard in the Delta quadra.

Mikael Blomkvist (IEE) and Erika Berger (LSE) are a very healthy example of IEE-LSE activity relations. Essentially they run a left-wing magazine together and they've learned to accept their slightly incompatible work ethics. Sometimes Blomkvist runs off for personal reasons. Berger might take issue with this, temporarily, but they usually settle on a compromise. She pretty much holds down the fort while he's gone. He respects her ability to do so, and she respects his ability to write quality articles. Open and honest communication is an over-arching theme in their partnership, which, although it's important in pretty much every relationship, it's especially important in the Delta quadra. They have a sexual relationship outside their business partnership, but I think they realized early on that they wouldn't suffice as long-term romantic partners. Berger is committed to an elusive character I believe to be EII (Delta, at least) and Blomkvist goes around Don Juaning every female in the series because he can. I have this inkling that Berger knows that if she ever fully committed herself to Blomkvist, that it might lessen her appeal since I think he likes the idea of cucking her husband, but I don't know...

Otherwise it's a healthy dynamic and I think it's mostly thanks to the magazine. Even if Blomkvist belongs to the irrational temperament, the magazine always comes with interesting new research and literary prospects, and their ability to work well together has created a strong relationship/partnership.