PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider yourself to be more physically attractive than the average person?

strrrng
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Yes, I do. I've had this reaffirmed throughout my life by attractive females (the compliments of "handsomeness" from older women were odd at times). Thus I have always had standards which I arrogantly maintained. I think the way one carries one's self is a result of knowing (not thinking) they are attractive. And this certainty of their attractiveness is not merely a concept, but a consistent reflection of themselves in the eyes of others -- specifically the opposite sex. Fuck the people who say beauty is relative, or insist on their attractiveness in the face of external dissonance, based solely on the fact that "they know." While we all find different things attractive to some degree, I believe there is some general, inherent method by which we immediately gauge someone's attractiveness (all that intrinsic harmony of proportions stuff). The way I carry myself is something that matters very much to me, and I do work to improve it, generally. The world is a playground, and you better come prepared. Gain more experience and confidence, so that you can hone your self-image and presentation to the highest degree. I think one should put effort into their appearance, but not force anything; if you're attractive, you just are. But taking care of one's self is part of the overall package. And yes, appearances do matter; I don't care what anyone says. It's the first thing we notice about someone and plays a very large part in our initial assessment of them -- on a more reactive level. Put simply, if most of the people you have hooked up with/been in relationships with are 8-8.5s and up (on a legit scale), chances are you're attractive.

Khola
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I....don't know? I'm no supermodel, but I have a nice physique, I think I'm fairly well maintained? I don't like talking myself up physically. Silly flirty suggestion yes. Actual "I look fit" type comments? Uncomfortable.

Lotus
11-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Be objective about this; do you think you are more attractive than most people in your general age range?
I suppose. Sometimes it feels that way and at other times it doesn't. So much for objective?

Does the way you carry yourself matter to you? Is it something you work on, or seek to improve?
I think eye contact and self-confidence is more attractive.

Do you think looks matter when presenting yourself to the world?
Yes, to an extent—but personality matters so much more. I'm often completely disgusted by so-called "objectively attractive" people, so one really cannot rely on looks alone.

crazedrat
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I think people see themselves as physically attractive relative to an ideal version of themselves they have in their minds; and not so much as relative to other people. I mean, there is a tendency to think 'well yes of course i am better looking than most people', but this knowledge seems to have very little value. Otherwise this would leave me wondering how hideously ugly people could contain their anxiety; if i was as ugly as they were i couldn't stand it. But then I do look at other people and think 'do their looks match the level of my ideal self image?'. And it is true the better looking people seem to be the ones who care about looks the most.

Wynch
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
lol, I'm so surprised I'm the only one who hit average on this one.

I think I'm average. I'm by no means stunning, and I would say that I would perhaps be a little more than average, but being realistic I say average.

Joy
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Most of the posters here are better looking than the average person their age. At least the ones I've seen photos/web cams of. And there are also a bunch that are average. I don't think I've seen photos/web cams of anyone that falls into the "uglier than average" category.

Joy
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
lol, I'm so surprised I'm the only one who hit average on this one.

I think I'm average. I'm by no means stunning, and I would say that I would perhaps be a little more than average, but being realistic I say average.

Based on what little I've seen of you, I'd say you're more attractive than the average young adult.

crazedrat
11-24-2008, 12:40 PM
That's right little doggy!

bg
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Vero is teh sex ;)

Subteigh
11-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Most of the posters here are better looking than the average person their age. At least the ones I've seen photos/web cams of. And there are also a bunch that are average. I don't think I've seen photos/web cams of anyone that falls into the "uglier than average" category.

Perhaps those whom you would consider ugly to average in appearance don't show their appearance online for whatever reason?

jessica129
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I mean, there is a tendency to think 'well yes of course i am better looking than most people', but this knowledge seems to have very little value. Otherwise this would leave me wondering how hideously ugly people could contain their anxiety; if i was as ugly as they were i couldn't stand it.
lol

I think I'm about average. I've been feeling kinda ugly lately though.

Wynch
11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Jessica, when I first came on here I was looking through pictures on the picture thread and you were someone who struck me as totally beautiful and I was jealous. So there.

Diana
11-24-2008, 01:34 PM

tereg
11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
I've always considered myself hovering around average. It is something that I do think about as far as how I present myself to others.

I think honestly the way I've historically assessed myself as being "average" had a negative connotation to it. I've always had that sort of "middle of the pack" feel about myself in several areas of my life, and it's a feeling of mediocrity. It is overall good/decent, but it's still a feeling like I'm somehow unable to really distinguish myself in any sort of way.

The_Outsider
11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
I personally think I am an average looking guy, but I am told by others quite often that I am a good looking guy and that conflicts with my perception. In my opinion, charisma is much more useful than good looks when it comes to being liked by others.

crazedrat
11-24-2008, 02:56 PM
As long as I get to fuck everyone who I want to then I am happy! I hope you all get to fuck everyone you want to too! Let's all fuck eachother

xyz
11-24-2008, 03:23 PM
It's not like girls look for pretty guys or anything, so what does it matter?

redbaron
11-24-2008, 03:53 PM
I think people see themselves as physically attractive relative to an ideal version of themselves they have in their minds; and not so much as relative to other people.

I think this is true. I feel much much better about myself when I'm the best I can be and I know I'm trying than when I let myself go, even though I might not be ugly compared to the rest of the population even when I'm fatter and doing nothing to help my appearance or posture, etc.

One thing: I have a really hard time accepting compliments when I know I'm not the best I can be. About five years ago I weighed almost 20 pounds more than I do now (not sure why really, I think I was unhappy and it was emotional eating). If I had received a compliment back then about anything--hair, clothes, "you look nice", I would have wrote it off in my mind as being untrue or as meaning very little. Now, however, I welcome compliments because I agree with them, relative to my own personal potential.

Slacker
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I used to be, but now I'm probably more average. Although I still have men (my own age) come onto me, even knowing I'm married, and even though I'm pregnant, so maybe I'm above average for a 40-year-old. I'd say if I am, I'm not that much above average though. And I'm pregnant so who knows if I'll take off the pregnancy weight - things might be worse from now on.

Ah, aging. It happens to everyone eventually. One good thing about being happily married is knowing you can age and your looks can fade and that you'll be loved forever regardless.

Slacker
11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh, and bee and jessica are most certainly above average. Silly girls.

xyz
11-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Compliments are nice but I prefer cake.

redbaron
11-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Compliments are nice but I prefer cake.

pie.

Slacker
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Ice cream. Mmmm. Even in the winter.

xyz
11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
pie.

Only if it's Blueberry. Or triple berry.

Regardless, looks are fine and dandy and all concerning first impressions but there's still lots that can be said for charm and wit.

redbaron
11-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Only if it's Blueberry. Or triple berry.

Regardless, looks are fine and dandy and all concerning first impressions but there's still lots that can be said for charm and wit.

absolutely.

cracka
11-24-2008, 04:05 PM

I think much the same thing... but only because I think I'm average, I have to have something going for me...haha. :o

Khamelion
11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Someone out there likes my physique, someone out there appreciates my brand of "pretty"...and some out there appreciate even more than that.

This is a hard question for me, seeing as attractiveness is highly based on intelligence levels and other personality factors for me. Someone could be really physically attractive yet not attractive in MY perspective because they are an idiot of some sort.

Given the results from others, I'd say Im fairly attractive, maybe more than some others....

I work in a grocery store and it seems my brand of beauty (that is strange to type) is popular among older women and men...(despite the fact I worked in FL :P ) Even here in DE its like that. If younger people find me attractive they don't say anything, especially not to me while I'm working. The older people just like to tell me how beautiful my skin is and how my hair compliments the tone, and then the eyes....oh geez the eyes -_-.....and the height......a lot of men like my height for some reason >_>

Its like if you're a tall woman, you are automatically kinky.

Slacker
11-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Its like if you're a tall woman, you are automatically kinky.

Maybe that's why I still get attention, despite my graying hair and wrinkling skin. And heavily pregnant belly. Why do men come onto pregnant women? A friend told me that some guys are "into" pregnancy. Isn't that weird? To find a woman who is pregnant with someone else's baby sexy because she's pregnant? And for god's sake I'm old AND pregnant. Should be two great big strikes against me.

My husband says I look "very approachable" and he thinks that's why.

xyz
11-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Maybe that's why I still get attention, despite my graying hair and wrinkling skin. And heavily pregnant belly. Why do men come onto pregnant women? A friend told me that some guys are "into" pregnancy. Isn't that weird? To find a woman who is pregnant with someone else's baby sexy because she's pregnant? And for god's sake I'm old AND pregnant. Should be two great big strikes against me.

My husband says I look "very approachable" and he thinks that's why.

It's your charm.

Elro
11-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe that's why I still get attention, despite my graying hair and wrinkling skin.
http://spiritics.org/images/old-woman.jpg
?

Slacker
11-24-2008, 05:22 PM
ROFL! Not quite there yet. :D

crazedrat
11-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Actually that kind of makes sense for the tallness, in a weird way .... duno why though.

jessica129
11-24-2008, 06:19 PM
...that it makes women more attractive? I put heels on and I get numbers, that's all I know.

Subteigh
11-24-2008, 06:28 PM
When I put the heels on, I get looks, but not numbers. I guess it probably depends on the person.

crazedrat
11-24-2008, 06:33 PM
ive come up with an explanation, and that is that it creates a need to conquer the girl, cuz she's taller than you. but im just imagining this, because i've only met a few girls taller than me ever

Slacker
11-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I think guys just like long legs.

Diana
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM

calenwen
11-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Hm, how tall is tall?

I get a lot of compliments on my looks by older people (and by older, I guess I only mean one generation or so and up), and every guy I've ever "liked" has "liked" me back, but I honestly don't consider myself to be above average.

redbaron
11-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Hm, how tall is tall?

I get a lot of compliments on my looks by older people (and by older, I guess I only mean one generation or so and up), and every guy I've ever "liked" has "liked" me back, but I honestly don't consider myself to be above average.

Oh I think you are! I remember the pics of you in the other thread:)

Tall is probably 5'9 and up or something. I'm 5'10" and I consider myself tall but I know it's not THAT tall. I have a female cousin who's 6'2".

discojoe
11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I objectively am more attractive than the average person.

calenwen
11-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Oh I think you are! I remember the pics of you in the other thread:)

Tall is probably 5'9 and up or something. I'm 5'10" and I consider myself tall but I know it's not THAT tall. I have a female cousin who's 6'2".

Haha, thanks. I think I read somewhere that the average height of American women was around 5'4,'' and that always made me feel taller (I'm 5'8'').

I objectively am more attractive than the average person.

Proof required. Post pictures. I want to see what you look like.

redbaron
11-24-2008, 07:14 PM
this board must be Lake Wobegon or something... where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average. :)

jessica129
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
I have a pair of heels that puts me at about 6'1..ha..that's a little too much for me though. I don't like when I'm taller than my bf or when i feel like i'm towering over someone.

redbaron
11-24-2008, 07:23 PM
I have a pair of heels that puts me at about 6'1..ha..that's a little too much for me though. I don't like when I'm taller than my bf or when i feel like i'm towering over someone.
But I do kind of like it when I'm wearing heels at a party and talking to the very tallest people there, eye to eye.

Minde
11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I consider myself average, maybe a little bit below.

I'm not sure I'm good at objectively judging these things, though. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "handsome is as handsome does" etc.

Lotus
11-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Hm, how tall is tall?
I really, really wish I was taller. I'm only 5'3" or 5'4" (I haven't checked in like a year or so) and I hate it. Taller seems more graceful and attractive to me. Even though I'm short, I always date guys way taller than me. Haha :(

Yeah, I find that I get more compliments from people older than me as well, but that may be because everyone always thinks I'm older—despite my height. I'm seventeen but I get treated like I'm in my twenties. Heh. One of my father's coworkers told me, "You've really grown up, but you look older than you should."

Egh. I wish I looked my age.

I'm not sure I'm good at objectively judging these things, though. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "handsome is as handsome does" etc.
I've only seen one picture of you, but I'd definitely say you're above average. Not that that really means everything—complimenting based on the average, that is. I just mean that you are very good-looking, as far as I remember.

redbaron
11-24-2008, 07:43 PM

are you SURE you're not my mother? Because everything you say sounds exactly like her. (I love her, you know--she's great, so that's not a put-down in any way whatsoever)

When I was like 7 years old I had one of those autograph books and I would go around trying to get friends and family to write in it. So my mom wrote a page of course, and what did she write? "Remember, pretty is as pretty does."

redbaron
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
the more compliments from older people thing? I think that's because older people give more compliments. They admire the beauty of youth and are confident enough to hand them out without making themselves feel lesser.

jessica129
11-24-2008, 07:47 PM
We need to sticky the picture thread and put everyone's picture on the front page because i really can't remember what most people look like.

macysmama
11-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Acually, I think most of this forum is above average. It surprised me, to tell you the truth! ;) This is the only forum that I am involved with online, so I had no idea what all of you would end up looking like. Then I started seeing pics of different members and thought "wow, they are all so attractive!" heehee

ENFp as of today...

Lotus
11-24-2008, 07:49 PM
We need to sticky the picture thread and put everyone's picture on the front page because i really can't remember what most people look like.
Yeah, I wish we had something like that. I forget what most people look like.

macysmama
11-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Whatever type I am, I thought it was important that this forum know what I look like, so I have a picture of myself on my avatar all the time. I was confused why more members didn't do this at first, but then I realized just how differently others types function. :)

jessica129
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM
So...who want's to start the official OFFICIAL picture thread?

Am I dreaming this or did we have an official one that was stickied at one time?

redbaron
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM
well you're very pretty, macysmama!

dbmmama
11-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I wish we had something like that. I forget what most people look like.

i can easily picture everyone in my head, from seeing their picture one time.

Diana
11-24-2008, 07:59 PM

jessica129
11-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Not me. I forget what people look like if i haven't seen them in a few weeks....well, i can remember but it's very hard and i have to strain.... a lot.

strrrng
11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
lol

I think I'm about average. I've been feeling kinda ugly lately though.

lol, no jessica, you're hot :D

Seems like we have a somewhat similar mindset.

cool :D

It's not like girls look for pretty guys or anything, so what does it matter?

Spoken like a true loser!

I think this is true. I feel much much better about myself when I'm the best I can be and I know I'm trying than when I let myself go, even though I might not be ugly compared to the rest of the population even when I'm fatter and doing nothing to help my appearance or posture, etc.

+100

Putting in work builds much more self-esteem than just basking in natural traits.

...that it makes women more attractive? I put heels on and I get numbers, that's all I know.

You can have mine :D

this board must be Lake Wobegon or something... where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average.

LOL!!! You should have seen the old thread on this. Christ, everyone was a fucking supermodel.

From the one pic I saw of you, I disagree, objectively speaking :D

Steve
11-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I do, and have generally carried myself with that in mind, particularly when wearing nice clothes and suits and stuff.

Yes, I do. I've had this reaffirmed throughout my life by attractive females (the compliments of "handsomeness" from older women were odd at times). Thus I have always had standards which I arrogantly maintained.

Same with the handsomeness compliments. I also developed high standards but in perhaps a different way than you. I tried to maintain more of that sleek, sharp, polished look as opposed to intense weight training as you've done. I work out some, but usually just for some tone. My ideal self image of attractiveness has been more of a look of sharpness, keenness, that I think mirrors the way I see myself ideally psychology.

I think the way one carries one's self is a result of knowing (not thinking) they are attractive. And this certainty of their attractiveness is not merely a concept, but a consistent reflection of themselves in the eyes of others -- specifically the opposite sex.

I think this also has something to do with what kind of women (or opposite sex) a person thinks they can get, which reflects how you see yourself.

It's interesting though, in times where I was lacking self confidence in other areas, when I'd look in the mirror I'd seem less attractive than usual, and even end up wearing clothes that didn't bring out the ideal vibe as much. Also I've seen plenty of women who are facially symmetrical, have well proportioned bodies, but lacking in personality and intelligence that I haven't been attracted to at all.

Lotus
11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
So...who want's to start the official OFFICIAL picture thread?
Like posting the pictures at the front so its not 200+ pages long again?

i can easily picture everyone in my head, from seeing their picture one time.
I haven't seen most people's pictures. I just remember the people who were on camera in Stickam, or various people's from the Post Your Pics '08 Thread.

Most people know what I look like from my web cam, since I rarely post photos.

jessica129
11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks strrrng :)

Like posting the pictures at the front so its not 200+ pages long again?

yeah, and just keep updating the first page because really, that thread is just too painful to sift thru just to see a picture of someone.

Steve
11-24-2008, 08:22 PM
I have rough memories of people's pics but I do think that this forum is above average on average heh.

Lotus
11-24-2008, 08:32 PM
yeah, and just keep updating the first page because really, that thread is just too painful to sift thru just to see a picture of someone.

http://the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22647

calenwen
11-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I really, really wish I was taller. I'm only 5'3" or 5'4" (I haven't checked in like a year or so) and I hate it. Taller seems more graceful and attractive to me. Even though I'm short, I always date guys way taller than me. Haha :(

Yeah, I find that I get more compliments from people older than me as well, but that may be because everyone always thinks I'm older—despite my height. I'm seventeen but I get treated like I'm in my twenties. Heh. One of my father's coworkers told me, "You've really grown up, but you look older than you should."

Egh. I wish I looked my age.

I don't think that tallness = grace/attractiveness. There are lots of celebrities that I think are extremely attractive that are relatively short (e.g. Rachel Bilson).

Everyone thinks I'm older as well because I, too, look older than my age. I kind of like appearing older though, haha. Also, I spend my days with people in their 30-50s, so...

I only remember what a handful of people look like... people who post pictures often like bee or luis or jessica129.

strrrng
11-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Same with the handsomeness compliments. I also developed high standards but in perhaps a different way than you. I tried to maintain more of that sleek, sharp, polished look as opposed to intense weight training as you've done. I work out some, but usually just for some tone. My ideal self image of attractiveness has been more of a look of sharpness, keenness, that I think mirrors the way I see myself ideally psychology.

I don't know about all the "sleek, polished" stuff. I wasn't trying to look like a body builder. I don't really put on mass, just get more lean. The "image" thing was more about perfection.

It's interesting though, in times where I was lacking self confidence in other areas, when I'd look in the mirror I'd seem less attractive than usual, and even end up wearing clothes that didn't bring out the ideal vibe as much. Also I've seen plenty of women who are facially symmetrical, have well proportioned bodies, but lacking in personality and intelligence that I haven't been attracted to at all.

Yeah, I know what kind of girls you're talking about. They made up 90% of the popular crowd at my school lol.

heath
11-24-2008, 08:49 PM
no. I sometimes think i look more interesting than most of the people around me but that is because i go to university with a lot of farm boys who grew up on ranches and all of them kind of look the same, no offense to them. this is despite the fact that i am in no way an exotic looking person.

iAnnAu
11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I am content in the non-hideousness of my appearance. I dislike feeling like people are attracted to me merely due to my appearance, even though I don't want to be unapproachable.
Once I'm infatuated on a person, I want *that* person to find me attractive, but otherwise my attitude is that I ain't tryin' to fuck everyone in the room, so why worry about looks?

heath
11-24-2008, 08:54 PM
I am content in the non-hideousness of my appearance. I dislike feeling like people are attracted to me merely due to my appearance, even though I don't want to be unapproachable.
Once I'm infatuated on a person, I want *that* person to find me attractive, but otherwise my attitude is that I ain't tryin' to fuck everyone in the room, so why worry about looks?

give your seed a chance.

macysmama
11-24-2008, 09:08 PM
If we did the photos again, I would only use it IF it was just photos and your name and your type. No comments, no 100's of pages of sifting just to find one added photo, etc. I would actually use it all the time and love it!

ENFp as of today...

Lotus
11-24-2008, 09:09 PM
If we did the photos again, I would only use it IF it was just photos and your name and your type. No comments, no 100's of pages of sifting just to find one added photo, etc. I would actually use it all the time and love it!

ENFp as of today...

I made a thread. I'll edit the photos, type, name, etc. into the first post and the rest of the thread can be just be comments or whatever.

http://the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22647

UDP
11-24-2008, 09:39 PM
When I put the heels on, I get looks, but not numbers. I guess it probably depends on the person.
When I put on heels, I get looks and numbers. It also depends on the person.

tereg
11-24-2008, 09:45 PM
When I put on heels, I get looks and numbers. It also depends on the person.

http://www.austinexperience.com/scenes/leslie/leslie1.jpg

Note: Leslie has run for mayor of Austin on multiple occasions.

xyz
11-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Spoken like a true loser!

I think you are projecting here.

Minde
11-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I've only seen one picture of you, but I'd definitely say you're above average. Not that that really means everything—complimenting based on the average, that is. I just mean that you are very good-looking, as far as I remember.

From the one pic I saw of you, I disagree, objectively speaking :D
Thanks, that's kind of you two to say.

are you SURE you're not my mother? Because everything you say sounds exactly like her. (I love her, you know--she's great, so that's not a put-down in any way whatsoever)

When I was like 7 years old I had one of those autograph books and I would go around trying to get friends and family to write in it. So my mom wrote a page of course, and what did she write? "Remember, pretty is as pretty does."
From what you've described of her, she seems like an overall nice person. So I don't mind the comparison. :)

11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Most days, I think I'm about average or maybe a little above. At the moment I am feeling a bit drab, though... winter blues, I guess. I care about my appearance and try to take care of myself, but I definitely think there are many more-important things to worry about.

strrrng
11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
I think you are projecting here.

Facile accusations of projection is the best you can do, lol?

I said what I said because I thought it was funny how you were downplaying looks in the name of "charm and wit." Seemed like a copout.

11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Facile accusations of projection is the best you can do, lol?

I said what I said because I thought it was funny how you were downplaying looks in the name of "charm and wit." Seemed like a copout.

Nah, LV doesn't need a copout ;)

strrrng
11-24-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm ok as far as looks go. I'm not always confident, and I can have low self self image, but sometimes I can be overly narcissistic, which isn't really good either...

pffft... you are very pretty.

crazedrat
11-25-2008, 12:30 AM
This thread is some kind of masturbation

Khola
11-25-2008, 01:51 AM
I know, it's errr......great?

Khamelion
11-25-2008, 02:59 AM
This thread is some kind of masturbation

Masturbation is so annoying.

Khola
11-25-2008, 03:41 AM
I can think of better pastimes, but I suppose it can suffice. W/E.

Warlord
11-25-2008, 03:42 AM
I'd give that my number.

Aye, I'm him/her/that :)

tereg
11-25-2008, 03:48 AM
I should also mention that Leslie garnered almost 8% of the 2000 mayoral election vote.

Warlord
11-25-2008, 03:53 AM
I should also mention that Leslie garnered almost 8% of the 2000 mayoral election vote.

I'll win the next time :)

The Greeter
11-25-2008, 05:49 AM
I would say I'm somewhere around average. I really don't care for compliments on my looks though. What does it say about me? You've got pretty eyes. Oh shucks. I don't have to be ashamed of my eyes. That's nice. But seriously - what purpose do compliments on your looks serve? I am who I am. This is me. You mean you'd think less of me if I happened to have uglier parents? I'd much rather compliments on the way I dress or something, because at least that's saying something about a thing I've had some say in. My looks are ... well, you might as well compliment that tree over there so we can at least admire it together - because I had about as much say in its looks as I did mine. Anyway, I've never equated a guy's looks or strength with how attractive I find him in any real way. And guys that obviously give a lot of attention to their looks really turn me off.

I understand how you feel, Jem. I always found it strange and uncomfortable (though flatterring) when people compliment my looks on days where I put no effort into it, which is essentially everyday; the only thing I do on a regular basis related to grooming is maybe combing my hair. Although, when I do put effort, that is dress a little nicer than I usually do for some outting and get compliments I am much more comfortable and receptive.

Anyway, my perception of good looks is heavily dependent on personality.

Gilly
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I am probably somewhere around the 96th percentile of guys my age in terms of attractiveness. Maybe higher if I didn't insist on looking like a cave man.

JuJu
11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
This thread should be re-titled: "are you more delusional than the average person?"

Gilly
11-25-2008, 09:07 PM
But that doesn't make sense because my answer would change :(

JuJu
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
it would? lol

j/k g, i'm not directing the comment at you... at the general tenor.

Gilly
11-25-2008, 09:48 PM
YEAH RIGHT

*runs away, hands crammed in his face, tears flying behind him*

Jimbean
11-26-2008, 02:40 AM
I would say that I am below average as in my physique, but I think I make up for it in how I carry myself (i.e. confidence), or at least I try.

Gilly
11-26-2008, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't say BELOW average for you Jim, at least not facially. However you very well may be a Stringjimbean, but despite the apparent negative implications, this also means that you have the potential to be nicely cut with minimal effort. Like me :)

Khola
11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
This thread should be re-titled: "are you more delusional than the average person?"

LMAO

Hitta
11-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Most girls consider me attractive.

discojoe
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Most girls consider me attractive.

This topic is meant for people, not bears.

Lotus
11-26-2008, 12:02 PM
lol

Hitta
11-26-2008, 12:10 PM

This thread is also wasn't intended for people with a Trisomy of the 21st chromosome.

discojoe
11-26-2008, 12:11 PM
This thread is also wasn't intended for people with a Trisomy of the 21st chromosome.

LOL

crazedrat
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Masturbation is so annoying.

So is the thread

Khamelion
11-26-2008, 06:47 PM
So is the thread

lols

strrrng
11-26-2008, 08:47 PM
big lol @ this page. dj's timing is impeccable at times.

dbmmama
11-26-2008, 08:56 PM
big lol @ this page. dj's timing is impeccable at times.

+1

xyz
11-26-2008, 09:01 PM
i guess it's hard being really really,ridiculously good looking.

strrrng
11-26-2008, 09:05 PM
i guess it's hard being really really,ridiculously good looking.

It's a gift and a curse.

Khola
11-26-2008, 09:24 PM

I'm at work right now and not keen on googling for a paste, but I swear if someone doesn't post a pedobear reference in response to this, I'll cut one of you.

Ritella
11-26-2008, 09:44 PM

One thing: I have a really hard time accepting compliments when I know I'm not the best I can be. About five years ago I weighed almost 20 pounds more than I do now (not sure why really, I think I was unhappy and it was emotional eating). If I had received a compliment back then about anything--hair, clothes, "you look nice", I would have wrote it off in my mind as being untrue or as meaning very little. Now, however, I welcome compliments because I agree with them, relative to my own personal potential.

Oh my god. I totally relate to this. My job last year was so stressful. I binged ate my way +20 pounds. I've always been like model skinny so I'm actually still really thin, but to me I look sort of fat and not good. And whenever people say I look good I just get all sad and think they're lying, which makes them think I have an eating disorder or something.I dunno.
Also, the difference between how I look when I'm "okay" vs. "ideal" is probably minimal to an outside observer, but it's huge to me. And it majorly affects my self-confidence, which - in turn- affects my attractiveness. I mean, I could try to fake confidence, when I'm not looking my best, but I find it impossible.

Jimbean
11-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Personally, I figured it does not matter. If I achieve my goals and become a powerful and rough, but unattractive young man, women would be all over me anyway :)

Actually, when I say I am unattractive, this does not mean that I carry myself unattractively, what I mean is I do not fit what people say is attractive, or at least that is what people think of the standards. People around me act as if I am somewhat attractive.

Lotus
11-27-2008, 12:55 AM
I do not fit what people say is attractive, or at least that is what people think of the standards.
Not true. :p

Jimbean
11-27-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm physically grotesque b/c of a huge scar on my right eye. I was also born very very ugly. Funny story, I scared the neighbours kids when they were out trick or treating.

Actually, I have always wanted a scar on my face. I think that would fit my personality :P

Jimbean
11-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Not true. :p

awwww, thanks :o

Minde
11-27-2008, 01:10 AM
I know a guy with a scar on his face. He's cute. A bit scattered, but cute. And nice.

/random input

Rubicon
11-27-2008, 02:30 AM
I'm physically grotesque b/c of a huge scar on my right eye. I was also born very very ugly. Funny story, I scared the neighbours kids when they were out trick or treating. My personality isn't much better. I still manage to get chicks by treating them like shit.

Please add this to the official members' pics thread.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/fads123/scar.jpg

Don't worry. Your nose is quite nice.

strrrng
11-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Oh my god. I totally relate to this. My job last year was so stressful. I binged ate my way +20 pounds. I've always been like model skinny so I'm actually still really thin, but to me I look sort of fat and not good. And whenever people say I look good I just get all sad and think they're lying, which makes them think I have an eating disorder or something.I dunno.
Also, the difference between how I look when I'm "okay" vs. "ideal" is probably minimal to an outside observer, but it's huge to me. And it majorly affects my self-confidence, which - in turn- affects my attractiveness. I mean, I could try to fake confidence, when I'm not looking my best, but I find it impossible.

Don't worry, you're a hottie :D

Ritella
11-27-2008, 03:14 AM
:) thank you

Ms. Kensington
11-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Don't worry. Your nose is quite nice.

aww, :)

yeah i dunno.. i tend to get obsessed with little things, individual things about someone's appearance. like noses, something will physically upset me or make me feel good or whatever.

this kind of question used to be easier to answer.. if we're talking about a symmetric scale? my face is not symmetric.. i think i can be feminine.. carriage varies on the confidence scale -- i mean i think its harder to look sexy looking for car keys than i dunno.. walking confidently down the street? haha. its hard to not laugh at this. i dunno. Let's say under average or a little above average but thats ok i have a better personality then. I also tend to think with grooming and good eating habits and youth make people look handsome. A lot of people. I would say that average is handsome.

LlywelynapGruffydd
11-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I get complimented a lot, like what happened in the other thread. In a vulgar manner, even when I'm just trying to sip Perrier and act classy. But in all honestly, I have a serious inferiority complex and believe myself to be an ugly duckling.

Hitta
11-27-2008, 09:37 AM
The ocean floor is hidden from your viewing lens
A depth perception languished in the night
All my life,I’ve been sewing the wounds
But the seeds sprout a lachrymal cloud

MysticSonic
11-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I like the way I look, usually, and I guess that's what matters the most., although I go through fits of incredibly low self-esteem.

redbaron
11-27-2008, 04:48 PM
would say that average is handsome.

I agree with this! And I think sometimes it's just chemistry or something that stands out about someone, even if you can't quite put your finger on it.

jason_m
11-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm probably below average. The fact is, I just don't put too much emphasis on my appearance. If I actually took care of myself beyond basic hygiene, then I don't know how I'd look. To me, looking good simply isn't important; the life of the mind has far more value to me than the aspects of the physical world. Looking good would probably be helpful for getting a girlfriend (as would be the social skills that I'm missing), but I have mixed feelings about the whole notion of relationships. On the one hand, I think it would be nice to be in a relationship. On the other hand, it seems to me that relationships are based on aesthetics - how much the other person appeals to you. In that sense, does it really make sense to judge a person the same way you would judge a movie or a painting? Isn't a person's value much greater than that? However, no relationship could ever be based purely on function or merit. I think it would be ideal if relationships were actually based on merit, but that simply isn't the way it is.

I don't know. Perhaps I'm just rationalizing...

heath
11-27-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm probably below average. The fact is, I just don't put too much emphasis on my appearance. If I actually took care of myself beyond basic hygiene, then I don't know how I'd look. To me, looking good simply isn't important; the life of the mind has far more value to me than the aspects of the physical world. Looking good would probably be helpful for getting a girlfriend (as would be the social skills that I'm missing), but I have mixed feelings about the whole notion of relationships. On the one hand, I think it would be nice to be in a relationship. On the other hand, it seems to me that relationships are based on aesthetics - how much the other person appeals to you. In that sense, does it really make sense to judge a person the same way you would judge a movie or a painting? Isn't a person's value much greater than that? However, no relationship could ever be based purely on function or merit. I think it would be ideal if relationships were actually based on merit, but that simply isn't the way it is.

I don't know. Perhaps I'm just rationalizing...

you are misinformed by lack of experience. you seem to fear the initialization of relationship which can largely be based on aestetics, but a lot of relationships are beyond this. What does it matter if relationships are based on what appeals to you? Isn't that what you want? Don't you learn things that appeal to you?. And your disdain of aesteics is also a misunderstanding. there is nothing wrong with looking nice, style, or any of this-- You can be brilliant and be well-dressed, well-groomed, etc. to think these two are antithetical is wrong. The life of the mind should include pleasure and beauty.

jason_m
11-27-2008, 09:34 PM
you are misinformed by lack of experience. you seem to fear the initialization of relationship which can largely be based on aestetics, but a lot of relationships are beyond this.

No relationship could be formed without considering the other person's looks or whether the style of their behaviour appeals to you. Do you think that that is fair? Is it fair that people who are innately unattractive have little chance of enjoying a relationship?

What does it matter if relationships are based on what appeals to you? Isn't that what you want? Don't you learn things that appeal to you?.

I'm going to have to agree with that. I might be mistaken on this point.

And your disdain of aesteics is also a misunderstanding. there is nothing wrong with looking nice, style, or any of this-- You can be brilliant and be well-dressed, well-groomed, etc. to think these two are antithetical is wrong. The life of the mind should include pleasure and beauty.

Those are just my values. It's up to me to decide what I value.

heath
11-27-2008, 09:48 PM
No relationship could be formed without considering the other person's looks or whether the style of their behaviour appeals to you. Do you think that that is fair? Is it fair that people who are innately unattractive have little chance of enjoying a relationship?

I don't think it's unfair at all. It's impossible to immediately know someone's personality, but not impossible to immediately know their looks and what you think about them. Also, there is a wide range of attractiveness and someting for nearly everyone. the fact that unnattractive people exist is evidence that people can find something attractive outside of looks, or have attractions to different looks. i think your bitterness is premature- trust me there are many other things to dislike about the opposite sex besides the initialization. tons, mountains, loads!

redbaron
11-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Is it fair that people who are innately unattractive have little chance of enjoying a relationship?

this isn't true at all. it's been proven that people with similar levels of attractiveness are attracted to each other. so while someone who's not that physically attractive probably won't end up with a supermodel, it hardly follows that the person has little chance of enjoying a relationship.

jason_m
11-27-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't think it's unfair at all. It's impossible to immediately know someone's personality, but not impossible to immediately know their looks and what you think about them. Also, there is a wide range of attractiveness and someting for nearly everyone. the fact that unnattractive people exist is evidence that people can find something attractive outside of looks, or have attractions to different looks. i think your bitterness is premature- trust me there are many other things to dislike about the opposite sex besides the initialization. tons, mountains, loads!

Fair enough.

Jason

jason_m
11-27-2008, 10:04 PM
this isn't true at all. it's been proven that people with similar levels of attractiveness are attracted to each other. so while someone who's not that physically attractive probably won't end up with a supermodel, it hardly follows that the person has little chance of enjoying a relationship.

I haven't heard of that, but it's contrary to my notion of attractiveness. For example, it seems hard for me to see how Angelina Jolie can be considered one of the most attractive women, yet people who are average/below-average are not attracted to her. Doesn't being a very attractive woman mean that most are attracted you? Of course, what you might be saying is that unattractive people are more likely to be attracted to other unattractive people and are still attracted to attractive people. However, even in that case, physical attractiveness can serve as a barrier for finding an ideal personality matchup, because people have fewer options.

(BTW, I don't want to leave the impression that I have something against attractive people. So long as the other person treats me with respect, I don't judge them. What I am trying to say is that how relationships are formed is not fair/ideal.)

Jason

Satan
11-27-2008, 10:26 PM
i've never considered myself to be attractive.

at the same time, i find the more girls pay me attention, the more likely other girls are to pay me attention. and then i can start feeling more attractive because i attract attention.

Mediator Kam
11-27-2008, 10:40 PM
I consider myself average. Some days I think I look great, and some days are like "wow wtf I was looking real fly yesterday". But does it really matter? I'm more into what I can provide in the ways of support and general likibility rather than any sort of "eye candy" or w/e.

redbaron
11-27-2008, 10:46 PM
what you might be saying is that unattractive people are more likely to be attracted to other unattractive people and are still attracted to attractive people. However, even in that case, physical attractiveness can serve as a barrier for finding an ideal personality matchup, because people have fewer options.

yes, that was what I was saying. people seem to know intuitively how attractive they are and tend to be drawn toward people with that same level of attractiveness. I disagree that unattractive people have fewer options. Because those who are really attractive probably won't go for those who are really unattractive, so what I'm saying is that roughly everyone has the same options, in terms of attractiveness. Of course there are notable exceptions such as Paulina Porizkova and Rick Ocasek, but in his case he had fame and talent going for him. (that pairing always mystified me.)

redbaron
11-27-2008, 11:26 PM
I generally agree with this as far as initial attraction goes, but I believe there are lots of exceptions (things such as intelligence, wealth, interests, social hierarchy). I've known plenty of odd couplings in terms of attractiveness (5's with 9's, ect). I certainly believe it's possible to fall for someone below your ideal.
yeah I s'pose that's true. age, maturity, proximity, etc. there are many factors.

strrrng
11-28-2008, 12:13 AM
people seem to know intuitively how attractive they are and tend to be drawn toward people with that same level of attractiveness.

Bingo :D

BandD
11-28-2008, 02:45 AM
I find people attractive in real life based on more subtle things. Obviously, I'm more drawn to the porn star bod but in reality I'm quicker to be more sensitive to 'oh typical frat boy prick.' That is, if you are physically attractive, but I don't want to go to the hassle of actually trying to sleep with you, I'd most likely simply masturbate over you instead. It's easier that way, plus I'm lazy.

redbaron
11-28-2008, 02:48 AM
I find people attractive in real life based on more subtle things. Obviously, I'm more drawn to the porn star bod but in reality I'm quicker to be more sensitive to 'oh typical frat boy prick.' That is, if you are physically attractive, but I don't want to go to the hassle of actually trying to sleep with you, I'd most likely simply masturbate over you instead. It's easier that way, plus I'm lazy.
that is the laziest thing I've heard in a long time. lol

Khola
11-28-2008, 04:19 AM
It's been proven that people with similar levels of attractiveness are attracted to each other.
I've often wondered about this....do you have a link?

Khola
11-28-2008, 04:21 AM

Lol!

jessica129
11-28-2008, 04:22 AM
All my bfs have been pretty hot if i do say so myself. Win for me.

xyz
11-28-2008, 04:54 AM
All my bfs have been pretty hot if i do say so myself. Win for me.

Well I do try to keep a little modesty but hehe why thank you.

Lotus
11-28-2008, 05:07 AM
All my bfs have been pretty hot if i do say so myself. Win for me.http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/alexandrashutup/invisible.gif
my bf

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5404/12ge8.jpg

redbaron
11-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I've often wondered about this....do you have a link?

http://faculty.babson.edu/krollag/org_site/soc_psych/berscheid_attract.html

iAnnAu
12-01-2008, 03:38 PM
http://faculty.babson.edu/krollag/org_site/soc_psych/berscheid_attract.html

Hmm. This study doesn't cite the conditions under which it came to its conclusions, or any supporting references. While its premises are interesting, I would hesitate to draw any conclusions from it.

For myself, I've dated all types. Aesthetically pleasing, unaesthetic, athletic, overweight, tall, short, even significantly (24 years) older and (7 years) younger (and etc. etc, but I mentioned these because they're physical). The only time physical traits affected the relationship was when the other person allowed it to affect his/her self-esteem.

Like when I dated a guy who was shorter than me, and he constantly brought it up. It didn't matter to me - hell, if anything, it was easier to kiss him because he was 5'6" and I'm 5'7". But it obviously mattered to him, and I'm no good at propping up fragile egos over stuff like this.

Or times when I've dated guys who would not be considered handsome by cultural standards - I've been told "I don't deserve you," in the context of comparing our aesthetic appeals, and it pisses me off. I'm the one who decided to date you, dummy: what are you trying to do, insult my taste?

When I was with the 55 YO (I was 31), I got the feeling that he liked to "show me off" - that was creepy. He actually tried to get me to promise I would only buy new clothes for going out to parties with him - as if the people we're going to socialize with would know that I bought them secondhand! It didn't bother me that he was older - I could be attracted to him despite that. But jeez, so much for assuming he'd be more mature mentally and emotionally!

suedehead
04-27-2017, 11:07 PM
solidly below-average. If you're a guy and not sure whether or not you're good looking, you aren't - women are very direct when they find someone sexually attractive.

mclane
04-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Honestly, I've no idea. I am able to gauge other people's physical atractiveness (although I am very subjetive about this, someone might be considered objetively attractive and I might find them not to be and viceversa). Even when I'm told, or I've been liked by girls in the past, I just don't believe it. I lack "something".

ashlesha
04-28-2017, 03:38 PM
My self evaluation depends on how I feel and who I'm comparing myself to but it never strays very far from average.

Chae
04-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Not more, not less. U know what I realized... the process of comparison irks me in the first place :mad: :justwait:Yeah I'm being anti :Ti::Se:, pitting people against one another in scales is dangerous. Cause it throws some under the bus while giving privilege to others by creating a false value concept - that's injustice, especially since you can profit from people wanting to change their already determined status quo. Often with harmful measures, even worse. Sure that is an integral societal component that can hardly be changed - or maybe it can... what a world would that be - but that doesn't mean we shouldn't address it right there to make ourselves aware. What I'm saying is: if you distance yourself... the contemporary construct of "attractiveness" is some major marketing-savvy bs. Something's not right about that. I personally won't think of myself in terms of more attractive, less attractive. Equally attractive is the word. Let's go one step further - who said one has to compulsively 'attract' in the first place :thumbsdown: Evolution reproduction hormones sexuality yada yada all that talk and no sense for letting humans just be. I don't want your categories. Those create the root of the problem. Food for thought, I'm out of here.

Pole
04-29-2017, 07:37 PM
I have always thought I was hideous. Unless I am thin, wearing make-up and ready to work the pole I do not consider myself attractive.
EDIT: before anyone says it's a self esteem thing, I have more confidence than most and it comes from other good traits that I have. I am more secure than most.

The Exception
04-30-2017, 02:55 AM
Probably average or slightly below. I have the potential to be more attractive, I'm just lazy and don't like to spend alot of time in this area, when I have more interesting things to think about. I do spend enough time though, to have good hygiene, to look at least presentable.

jessica129
04-30-2017, 04:07 AM
Do you ever just see a picture of yourself and feel genuine concern that that is what you actually look like to others?

Adam Strange
04-30-2017, 04:38 AM
I think I look OK, but not great.

I once compared myself to an online attractiveness scale and got five or six or something. My ex says I'm normally a 4/10 but when I smile, I go to 6/10. Most people evidently think they are sevens, like the kids in Lake Wobegon. Fortunately, women are not primarily oriented toward looks. ....I think. ....I hope.... :)

Adam Strange
04-30-2017, 04:39 AM
Do you ever just see a picture of yourself and feel genuine concern that that is what you actually look like to others?

Every day. That's what you get when you have to shave.

ashlesha
04-30-2017, 02:34 PM
willowglass I really like the poetry comparison!

idontgiveaf
05-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Average

Olimpia
05-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Naturally and at my best, I'm above average. But not to the extent I would feel proud about it. As a woman, especially a Type 4 one, you always compare yourself to the best. In comparison, I'm doing well to most, but I am nowhere near people like Amber Heard or Scarlett Johansson. I am mostly fine with that, though I remember when I was mentally unhealthier I'd mentally beat myself up over not being closer to what I'd deem "my perfect/ideal self". Which is a common Type 4 problem, I believe. I also had that thought once that if I wasn't above average, I might have killed myself during very depressed moments. :p Being a Social Type 4, the shame about yourself can be unbearable at unhealthy Levels, even if you aren't ugly, you'll feel like you are. It seems like most Social 4s are average or above average, actually. Being a Social 4 and ugly is like a recipe for disaster.

At my worst, when I let myself go, I look around average, give or take.

Self-maintenance can play quite a role.
Almost everyone looks sh*tty if they let themselves go. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDyN1aHPrQU#t=3m24s)

P.S: I didn't vote in the poll because I consider myself only a "tad higher", but at the same time I am above average, so dunno.

Herzy
05-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Fortunately, women are not primarily oriented toward looks.

people who say women don't care about looks are wrong

Olimpia
05-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Men care way more about looks than women, I think that's safe to say.
At least when it comes to selecting a long-term partner.

maniac
05-01-2017, 12:34 PM
I think they care equally in a general perspective

And then there are individual differences

For me, I take the whole person into account, not one specific thing makes me like them.
A guy who takes care of himself is an attractive personality trait because he has self control, not just because it makes him attractive physically.
If I had a partner who suddenly "let themselves go" I would wonder what is up with them because when that happens there is usually something thats not right.

Olimpia
05-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Everyone likes their partner to be physically attractive (enough (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtTWXccCjPs)).

However, women are more likely going to be with a guy who is not as physically attractive as she'd like if he's got other traits that make up for it.
Whereas men who aren't attracted to a woman's looks won't date her; nothing can make them change their mind about her attractiveness. For men, there is a big difference between physical and mental attractiveness. If a woman lacks too much in the physical department in his eyes, she can be as smart and funny as she wants, it won't make her more attractive to him (on a sexual level). For women, a guy who is not as attractive in her eyes can get her if his personality is cool enough and he meets most or all of her vital requirements; their perception of a guy's attractiveness is much more holistic.

For a man, a woman's looks gets her foot in the door. Everything else makes him either open the door or close it.
For a woman, a man's confidence or perceived value (this can be very subjective, based on what the woman finds important) gets his foot in the door. Everything else makes her either open the door or close it.

Of course there are women and men who care more or less about a guy's looks, but I am not talking about the exceptions here.
Most of those women who care more about a guy's level of attractiveness are: either more attractive themselves (that surely does not apply to all attractive women though (http://www.novosti.rs/upload/images/2015//11/02/adrijana%20lima%20marko%20jaric.jpg)), or older women looking for a younger "boy toy" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWaZPYvyOk).
Most of those men who care less about a woman's level of attractiveness are: young and financially non-established and/or lower in status than her.

maniac
05-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Everyone likes their partner to be physically attractive (enough).

However, women are more likely going to be with a guy who is not as physically attractive as she'd like if he's got other traits that make up for it.
Whereas men who aren't attracted to a woman's looks won't date her; nothing can make them change their mind about her attractiveness. For men, there is a big difference between physical and mental attractiveness. If a woman lacks too much in the physical department in his eyes, she can be as smart and funny as she wants, it won't make her more attractive to him (on a sexual level). For women, a guy who is not as attractive in her eyes can get her if his personality is cool enough and he meets most or all of her vital requirements; their perception of a guy's attractiveness is much more holistic.

For a man, a woman's looks gets her foot in the door. Everything else makes him either open the door or close it.
For a woman, a man's confidence or perceived value (this can be very subjective, based on what the woman finds important) gets his foot in the door. Everything else makes her either open the door or close it.

Of course there are women who care more or less about a guy's looks, but I am not talking about the exceptions here.
Most of those women who care more about a guy's level of attractiveness are: either more attractive themselves (that surely does not apply to all attractive women though (http://www.novosti.rs/upload/images/2015//11/02/adrijana%20lima%20marko%20jaric.jpg)), or older women looking for a younger "boy toy" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWaZPYvyOk).

A guy can have high confidence and status (i dont care about status, if someone has high status its more likely ill be offput by it. I like guys who are less conformist and dont care about being an outsider) but be super obese, and because of that I cant respect that quality and naturally its not attractive, it looks unhealthy. What makes me look at a guy in a attractive light in the first place is looks and their style (because it gives me clues to what kind of person they are), then if I dont like their personality when talking to them my attraction obviously goes away.

Olimpia
05-01-2017, 01:16 PM
A guy can have high confidence and status (i dont care about status, if someone has high status its more likely ill be offput by it. I like guys who are less conformist and dont care about being an outsider) but be super obese, and because of that I cant respect that quality and naturally its not attractive, it looks unhealthy. What makes me look at a guy in a attractive light in the first place is looks and their style (because it gives me clues to what kind of person they are), then if I dont like their personality when talking to them my attraction obviously goes away.

You are also young, above average in attractiveness, SO blindspot, and not looking to get married any time soon.

All those factors influence your preferences in that respect.

suedehead
05-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Everyone likes their partner to be physically attractive (enough (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtTWXccCjPs)).

Of course there are women and men who care more or less about a guy's looks, but I am not talking about the exceptions here.
Most of those men who care less about a woman's level of attractiveness are: young and financially non-established and/or lower in status than her.

Most guys that "win girls over" with their personality (usually guys that they deem "acceptable" in terms of looks but certainly wouldn't bone within 10 seconds of meeting them) are getting cucked by chad on a regular-basis and are pretty much at the woman's beck and call. She's likely to consider sex with his potatofaced, skinny-fat self a grueling chore and internally cringe at his delusional displays of masculine pride.

Herzy
05-01-2017, 02:55 PM
You are also young, above average in attractiveness, SO blindspot, and not looking to get married any time soon.

All those factors influence your preferences in that respect.

i agree with her on those things...i couldn't give a fuck about a guy's "status" if i found him unattractive in terms of looks.

Olimpia
05-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Most guys that "win girls over" with their personality (usually guys that they deem "acceptable" in terms of looks but certainly wouldn't bone within 10 seconds of meeting them) are getting cucked by chad on a regular-basis and are pretty much at the woman's beck and call. She's likely to consider sex with his potatofaced, skinny-fat self a grueling chore and internally cringe at his delusional displays of masculine pride.

http://i.imgur.com/kabzFHF.jpg

suedehead
05-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Doesn't contradict anything I said. She isn't attracted to him in a meaningful way and likely gets her needs met outside of her wholly pragmatic relationship

Raver
05-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Generally speaking, I think I am average looking. I can look above or below average depending on how well I take care of myself and a woman's personal taste.

dot
05-01-2017, 04:54 PM
@Cassandra (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=6415) I know what you mean when you say these things and I think in some specific cases I would agree with you, but these are heavy stereotypes and most people in reality just don't work the cliché way. If a guy is fugly for me, I would never consider dating him.
Like I definitely could see myself dating someone whom I wasn't suuuper attracted to in the beginning but with whom I had a good chemistry and everything else being pretty much good. But there are still many cases where I would never date someone, because they turn me off by their way of being or their looks. No matter if they are rich or not.

Attis
05-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Nope.

Delilah
05-01-2017, 08:10 PM
The disadvantage of having lived in many different countries is that now i'm aware of attractiveness standards in all of these countries so i have to get an amalgamate so it would appear overall it takes a hit on my self-confidence on the other hand i can pick the ones that also reward my personality so the two can go together; all in all pretty darn average.

Pallas
05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Have you seen the various "Average Faces" compilations? Physical attractiveness seems to mean being as close to average as possible, and in that case absolutely no one can be more physically attractive than hypothetical Mr. and Miss Average, only equal at best.

Pallas
05-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Most of us think that we are better than we actually are — not just physically, but in every way.

That's because you kind of have to start out by believing that you're better in order to actually become better. That, or you have to be oblivious to where you are now, but that's nearly impossible in this day and age. It's fake-it-til-you-make-it really. Like if someone is an awful singer, and everyone tells them that they're awful, but they think they're good and they go take lessons from a professional instructor because that's what you ought to do if you're good, they could go on to be a Broadway singer or an opera singer or something. Or not, but if they never deluded themself at all, they'd have no chance of becoming any good.

GuavaDrunk
05-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Strictly speaking, you can both accept that you're not currently good at something AND believe that you can improve at that thing. That seems best to me.

ApeironStella
05-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Nah. And honestly, I am a lot more comfortable that way- I don't want to be seen as attractive since that would make it all the more likely to have all the "crush" and "dating" mess (even the idea of someone finding me sexually attractive makes my stomach churn) and also, country I live in really isn't safe for attractive women by now.

flames
05-02-2017, 09:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kabzFHF.jpg

LIE-ESI :) (I know you think she is SEE tho ;) )

falk
05-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Jay-Z isn't ugly... he ain't pretty but he isn't ugly.

As for me, I've been called "pretty" "cute" and "ugly" so average?

Olimpia
05-04-2017, 10:18 AM

I used the example of Jay-Z and Beyoncé because she is clearly much more physically attractive than he is, but she's still very much into him.

Pallas
05-04-2017, 08:13 PM

As for me, I've been called "pretty" "cute" and "ugly" so average?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm also pretty sure people largely define beauty based on themselves and that explains the poll results. I mean people tend to prefer their own race, cultural group, etc. barring other factors (such as being a weeaboo. Weeaboos are as old as time). So most people are probably above average by their own standards, but not when you combine the whole world's standards together.

Fay
05-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Beauty is so subjective... I dislike and do everything that is in my power to not be a beauty stereotype and I've never felt attracted to stereotypically good looking people. I think of myself as an above avarage, but never really good enough.

flames
05-04-2017, 10:24 PM
There are things about me I would tweak, but I think I'm mostly average, possibly above average with some things but it's also dependent on someone else's (and my own) subjectivity. I think my personality is the biggest winner. ;)

suedehead
05-05-2017, 12:45 PM
I don't think behavior/demeanor/lifestyle matters much when it comes to attracting women. If you're hot, even the most pretentious Stacey will accept an invitation to watch harem anime with you in your parents' basement just for the opportunity to jump your bones.

Olimpia
05-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Guy A is above average in looks. Has no "game", is incredibly boring, shy, submissive/doormat, has nothing worthwhile to say.
Guy B is below average in looks. Is incredibly witty, driven, confident, passionate, smooth, has great "game".
Guy C is average.

Now guess which guy will do the best with straight women.

It actually depends on how hot the woman is and whether she is looking for something short term or long term.

Guy A will make the best first impression, for as long as he doesn't open his mouth and doesn't have poor body language. Girls who are "cute" will flock to him like crazy (at first). Girls who are average or below will have sex with him without a second thought, especially if they meet him in a club environment or similar. No woman will be happy with him in a serious long-term relationship (unless she's significantly below average). The only kind of woman who'd date him long-term is gonna be rather dominant, she'll "wear the pants"; often times this kind of woman wants a guy to fit her image of a good-looking, successful couple – that's the kind of couple where the female is Internet-famous and posing with her hot bf everywhere on social media, but in private resents him and is annoyed by him constantly. The woman who dates this guy long-term or marries him can be hot or actually below average (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJsWBfFwfNo); either way, she'll have sort of masculinized personality traits and be more dominant than average.

Guy B will make the worst first impression, but once he opens his mouth and engages people he will be the most attractive in interactions. Girls who are "cute" or "hot" will overlook or ignore him at first. Girls who are below average will be attracted to him, but become insecure once it becomes apparent how confident and dominant he is. Girls who are "hot" will be confused and then intrigued by the fact their beauty doesn't faze him at all. This guy is the best long-term relationship material of those three guys. This guy is the one who will be dating very attractive women, and people ask themselves "What does she see in him?". The women are usually very devoted to this guy.

http://i.imgur.com/zLVEg6g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tpLwN2Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eYW67uF.jpg

Guy C will have no set first impression; it will primarily depend on his outfit or mood that day. He'll attract below average, average, and some "cute" girls regularly; girls who are "hot" may be interested once in a while and "give him a chance", but they'll quickly discover that he's just average and not particularly interesting. He can more or less easily have sex with below average women; with average women it would maybe take a drink or two; with "cute" girls he'd have to put in some more work, like go on a date or more. Unless he works on his personality and/or status or finances, the "hot" chick will elude him.

All in all, the answer reveals that personality matters more when it comes to truly attracting and satisfying a "hot" straight woman for the long-term.

suedehead
05-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Don't care about LTRs - I'm sx-last and extremely autistic/introverted so I have no desire for companionship. Those girls are with them for their money and withhold sex from them whenever they can. guy A hands down get the best, most enthusiastic sex out of women in their prime

suedehead
05-05-2017, 06:08 PM
I agree with aspects of this. Tbh, I actually think that this kind of mindset is rather healthy if it's not overtly extreme. It's a good thing to view yourself highly (like appearance & intelligence) and helps with personal self worth and self-esteem, as opposed to being far on the opposite side of the spectrum like those who suffer from body dysmorphia.

The guy with "body dysmorphia" is more likely to get life-improving plastic surgery

Olimpia
05-05-2017, 06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXdUV17Yb0E

:shifty:

suedehead
05-05-2017, 06:21 PM
he's a philistine who didn't do enough research

http://sluthate.com/uploads/imgur/0UEBn8e.png
https://www.dryaremchuk.com/img/mandible_jaw/mandible-01.jpg?t=1427749926336&width=380
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/41/eb/85/41eb85122401575a891a1ddab01e1e2a.jpg
http://www.health2blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/large.jpg

Olimpia
05-05-2017, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KNWWUX38W0

All those guys with body dysmorphia try to look like a Ken doll...

Muddy
05-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Honestly I hope looks do matter a lot then "game" because I am pretty much unable to get personal and seal deals in most circumstances because of how weird and unnatural it feels to me for whatever reason. It least with looks I feel like I can take a more straight-forward path towards improving them then I can with game and personality, plus my 6'5 height is a huge built-in perk when it comes to looks.

xerxe
05-06-2017, 08:35 AM
eh, most people (both men and women) would look healthy and attractive enough if they just took care of themselves. You reaaally don't need to look like a plastic doll to get laid.

suedehead
05-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Kind of legit for women, who have the benefit of make-up and the whole "butterface" phenomenon, but not for men. Male physical attractiveness is mainly based on traits that you have to go under the knife to achieve if your genetics weren't kind to you. The typical cute girl is a bloated potato compared to the average good looking guy.

Olimpia
05-06-2017, 12:30 PM
eh, most people (both men and women) would look healthy and attractive enough if they just took care of themselves. You reaaally don't need to look like a plastic doll to get laid.

^ This.
Haha.

suedehead
05-06-2017, 12:51 PM
If you're average-looking/ugly, you should avoid looking like you put more than a perfunctory effort into your appearance. There's nothing more embarrassing than being dressed like a poor imitation of someone out of a GQ spread just to be upstaged by a handsome guy in a roomy patriots jersey and sweat pants

COVID 007
05-08-2017, 05:39 AM
**Pays zero attention to it**

I prefer not to be part of it. I actually did my best as teenager to be as repulsive as I could without major trouble (people 'd point it out).

BandD
05-08-2017, 05:32 PM
suedehead, wide noses actually turn me on tho. you can do piggy and animalistic things with them.

jay Z is actually pretty hot to me. he looks animalistic and intimidating and barbaric and that's gonna obviously turn a lot of women/gay guys on. pure non feeling animalism to counter balance their emotionality. i mean im not crazy about him or anything in the slightest... but it's not hard at all to see what she'd see in him.

pure modelling looks are okay but there's so much more to it. it's just more of this forward 'i'm gonna spit on this right now because it's mine' attitude.

darya
05-08-2017, 06:32 PM
suedehead, wide noses actually turn me on tho. you can do piggy and animalistic things with them.

jay Z is actually pretty hot to me. he looks animalistic and intimidating and barbaric and that's gonna obviously turn a lot of women/gay guys on. pure non feeling animalism to counter balance their emotionality. i mean im not crazy about him or anything in the slightest... but it's not hard at all to see what she'd see in him.

pure modelling looks are okay but there's so much more to it. it's just more of this forward 'i'm gonna spit on this right now because it's mine' attitude.

Yup, jay z actually is pretty hot. He shouldn't be in theory, but he is.

jessica129
05-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Jay-z looks like a claymation character.

Resonare
05-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Well, I've been told I'm average looking by my best guy friends before and my experiences seem to match up too. I think I've only gotten a "handsome" compliment twice before and both times were from male friends as well lol.

Jeremy8419
06-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Yeah. I've never had an issue with women as far as looks go, but I'm a dude so its also not considered as important.

Subteigh
06-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Most people are at least a 7 out of 10, especially myself.

Leader
06-03-2017, 01:43 AM
No

Jeremy8419
06-03-2017, 01:49 AM
Most people are at least a 7 out of 10, especially myself.

Got to the end of that last line. Wasn't what I expected.

Remiel
06-03-2017, 05:45 AM
Hum, I think my face is like a 7. I look a lot more tame / innocent than I actually am, and my voice is pretty soft. However there's a fire to my gaze. I guess my height and well defined muscle tone gives me some advantage if I am on the prowl for some tail.