Thread: Hello! New to Socionics help me help you type me!

Creepy-Snaps

Talking Hello! New to Socionics... help me help you type me!

Hello... um lol, if the title were a bit confusing, before I go about describing myself and asking everyone to type me, I was wondering if there's a best way to write about myself? After all, what kind of write-up I do and how I describe myself will certainly bias people toward a certain type! And I want to do this as neutrally and objectively as possible, so I can figure out what my true type is.

There weren't any "how to" threads stickied in here, which by the way I find kind of strange for a "Type Me" forum. It'd be easier if you guys included a model. So I'll try to ask my questions here briefly... because I tend to be long-winded, but anyway. How much detail should I include about myself? What exactly should I write about? My preferences for certain things? What I like to do for fun? What do I do when I'm angry? What do I like to do with friends? What kind of music do I listen to? Etc...

Should I try to do the write-up when I'm in a neutral mood? Or is that being too nitpicky, and it probably won't matter... but do you find it easier to type people when they are happy/angry/sad/XXX/whatever? Should I include examples of me in the writeup where I acted based on different emotions, including what I did, how I acted toward other people, what I thought and felt, etc.

Should I describe my physical self? I looked at the socionics type portraits, and they include physical descriptions. Would describing myself physically bias people's answers? Should I stick mainly with personality type traits?

Also, should I include pictures of myself? I read somewhere that some photos are useless for VI, if the person is making a funny face. Can I include pictures of me smiling? Or do I have to not be smiling so you can see my features better. If I do include pictures, should I include some of me from the side? With friends? Is half-smiling ok?

Whew! Hopefully that's long enough lol. Whatever type I am, I like to have an idea ahead of time of what I'm doing! I like to have things planned out. I definitely like to think before I act. I'm not one to rush into things or take risks... then again, if I have something thoroughly planned out, I feel perfectly comfortable with it, even if it is different from the norm. I tend to be a completionist, leaving no stone unturned...

Hopefully this gives enough clues of my type and thinking style that I won't have to write a long description of myself. Although I'm more than willing to if you need more information! But I do tend to think things through very thoroughly, and if you think you can type me based on what I wrote, go ahead. Much appreciation in advance for either answering my questions or guessing my type.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your name is Mountain Dew, that's awesome. Sorry, just had to respond and say we'll probably get along well.

You might want to provide pictures for VI as people will ask, but mostly just describe anything about yourself, talk about your life, interests, thoughts. Usually anything works. People relate to being human here too. Though, I think one word of advice is be careful what kind of information you give out, what kind of mood you're in. Usually I don't care, but I can see how some people might use it against you later on or something.

Creepy-Snaps

Yup I love Mountain Dew haha. Thanks for responding!

Yeah guess I will include pictures then and just write about what I think is important. Not sure I understand your last sentence, you mean don't give out too much information about when I'm in certain moods? Or just be careful in general about giving out too much information? This is the internet of course.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

I'll give it a wild guess: ENFp
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mountain Dew is the right color.
    For VI, post a picture of yourself that you didn't know was being taken when it was being taken. It'll get the most natural pose. (I finally have access to one like that. I don't look much different, just weirder clothes combinations.)

Are you loud?
    Why aren't you loud?
    Are your friends loud?
    Are complete strangers loud?
    Do you like pickles?
    Why don't you like pickles?
    What does your mom think of you?
    What do you want your mom to think of you?
    What would you do if a kid broke your window?
    What would a kid do if you broke their window?
    What's the largest number you've ever counted to by 1s?
    Do you like answering questions?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mountain dew!!!

I think you should stick some 'natural' looking photos up of yourself, it may help with typing. I think the fact you consistantley asks questions indicates Ne.

How about telling us a story, how you reacted, feelings, thoughts and behaviour of you throughout the story? May be a fun and interesting indicator?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I read your first post in this thread, I'd say you're a XXXj type. What would you say, does that sound right? Here is a description: Link (XXXj is 'rational' and XXXp is 'irrational')
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Hello...
    Hi!

um lol, if the title were a bit confusing, before I go about describing myself and asking everyone to type me, I was wondering if there's a best way to write about myself? After all, what kind of write-up I do and how I describe myself will certainly bias people toward a certain type! And I want to do this as neutrally and objectively as possible, so I can figure out what my true type is.
    The best way would be to talk about yourself; not necessarily the things you do, but what you believe in (as well as why you believe in it), ways in which you catch your brain working (both at rest and in motion), ways in which you perceive the world that you take for granted, etc etc.

There weren't any "how to" threads stickied in here, which by the way I find kind of strange for a "Type Me" forum. It'd be easier if you guys included a model. So I'll try to ask my questions here briefly... because I tend to be long-winded, but anyway. How much detail should I include about myself? What exactly should I write about? My preferences for certain things? What I like to do for fun? What do I do when I'm angry? What do I like to do with friends? What kind of music do I listen to? Etc...
    This actually sounds like a great idea in theory, but the problem is that everybody on here has their own varied methodologies and practices by which they type somebody. What seems relevant to some people isn't for others, and it's a shame because very little real information or knowledge gets proliferated because of it.

As for what you should write about, look back at my last paragraph to get some ideas. Things like music and friends can be good indicators too, but they're less important than how your brain functions at its basest level.

Should I try to do the write-up when I'm in a neutral mood? Or is that being too nitpicky, and it probably won't matter... but do you find it easier to type people when they are happy/angry/sad/XXX/whatever? Should I include examples of me in the writeup where I acted based on different emotions, including what I did, how I acted toward other people, what I thought and felt, etc.
    I say you should write in a way that feels comfortable for you.

Should I describe my physical self? I looked at the socionics type portraits, and they include physical descriptions. Would describing myself physically bias people's answers? Should I stick mainly with personality type traits?
    Don't bother, those descriptions are bogus. If you do have photos of yourself though, good photos where we can clearly see your face in various (preferably candid) expressions, then it would help a lot.

Also, should I include pictures of myself? I read somewhere that some photos are useless for VI, if the person is making a funny face. Can I include pictures of me smiling? Or do I have to not be smiling so you can see my features better. If I do include pictures, should I include some of me from the side? With friends? Is half-smiling ok?
    See above

Whew! Hopefully that's long enough lol. Whatever type I am, I like to have an idea ahead of time of what I'm doing! I like to have things planned out. I definitely like to think before I act. I'm not one to rush into things or take risks... then again, if I have something thoroughly planned out, I feel perfectly comfortable with it, even if it is different from the norm. I tend to be a completionist, leaving no stone unturned...
    Introvert perhaps

Hopefully this gives enough clues of my type and thinking style that I won't have to write a long description of myself. Although I'm more than willing to if you need more information! But I do tend to think things through very thoroughly, and if you think you can type me based on what I wrote, go ahead. Much appreciation in advance for either answering my questions or guessing my type.
    No problem. Enjoy your stay!

Here are a couple questions if you're interested. If you do answer them, be as specific and descriptive as you can:

1. What do you feel you can contribute to best in a relationship? Conversely, what do you want your partner to bring to a relationship that you don't feel you can adequately provide for?

2. What are some of your favorite philosophies/quotes? If you have any, can you explain why you like them?

3. Describe your brain at rest, if you can. What do you find yourself thinking about when you're barely thinking at all?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Do you like pickles?
    Why don't you like pickles?
    Answering your own questions?

EDIT: Imo he's a Holographic type (That means INTj, ESTp, ENFp or ISFj). Of those, I consider ISFj most likely, but not by a very wide margin.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    EDIT: Imo he's a Holographic type (That means INTj, ESTp, ENFp or ISFj).
    What does this mean?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    What does this mean?
    Holographic thinking style, from Gulenko's "forms of thinking." I've noticed a lot of discussion about it on the forum lately.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would like to point out that Mountain Dew has yet to respond to anyone.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Snaps

Haven't had time to write up a good reply yet but I haven't forgotten about this thread! Thanks to everyone who replied so far.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    lol

I'll give it a wild guess: ENFp
    Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    • Are you loud? I would say so! When I do talk I can get very energetic and enthusiastic with my speech. Sometimes I lose track of how loud I'm getting and people have to tell me to calm down lol.
    • Why aren't you loud? Sometimes I can be rather quiet when I'm thinking about something in-depth. Usually trying to understand how something works or making a connection between people and events, or figuring out the truth of something.
    • Are your friends loud? Some are, some aren't! I get along with pretty much everyone, I have a lot of friends with different personality types themselves!
    • Are complete strangers loud? Lol. I would not classify a complete stranger as 'loud' or 'quiet', but average!
    • Do you like pickles? Sure, I love pickles! I get pickles all the time when I go to Subway, or I like them on cheese-steaks, and of course they go great with burgers too! Haha. At my first job, a pizza shop, sometimes I would eat a couple pickles from the container in the back when nobody was looking!
    • Why don't you like pickles? I do love them!
    • What does your mom think of you? My mom has described me before as responsible, trustworthy, personable, charming, gregarious, etc. etc. I guess you could say she likes me lol.
    • What do you want your mom to think of you? I guess what she thinks of me now is good. If she disapproved of me, it would upset me only a little bit. I mean if she likes me that's good, if not, then that's her problem. To be honest I never really thought much before about what I want my mom to think of me. In general I don't care much at all what others think of me. I usually live by what I think is just and fair and right. I'll still ask people for advice sometimes, but I'm not one to NOT do something because it'll offend someone else.
    • What would you do if a kid broke your window? I'd be like WTF lol. And run him down and kick his ass!! Lol. That'd be my gut reaction, but I'd probably have to just run him down, tackle them, and then try to reason with them to repay me somehow.
    • What would a kid do if you broke their window? I dunno, scream to their mommy and daddy? Haha. And it'd be unlikely that I'd break someone's window, I'm very cautious when it comes to possibly damaging/ruining stuff. Like, if I'm playing baseball with friends, I'll make sure we're not hitting towards a house. I'll move stuff on the field that might cause someone to slip. When I play football with friends I'll throw any rocks I see away from the area where we're playing, so someone is less likely to get hurt if they get tackled there. Safety first!
    • What's the largest number you've ever counted to by 1s? Haha. Umm... In preschool once I remember counting up to 120, cause I was bored once and wanted to see how far I could go. I think in elementary school once I counted up several hundred, dunno if I reached 1000 before. Not sure what this question is looking for, but I do get bored easily sometimes. At parties I can get bored just talking with people, so I usually play beer pong or do something exciting. In school I never got nearly as bored as other kids. I would just focus on listening to the teacher and thinking and learning, not even look at the clock some class periods, and before I know it, the class would be over. When I ponder/think, the time flies away. I do daydream a lot. Or focus on what I'm doing. One time in elementary school, the class stopped for a break, and everyone got up out of their seats and were talking, but I was so focused on reading my book that I hadn't noticed. Sorry for this long answer!
    • Do you like answering questions? Yup, I don't mind at all! I like thinking and answering a question very thoroughly. But it does take time... One reason I took a while to respond was because I wanted to make sure I had time to sit and down and answer every question as best I could!

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Hi mountain dew!!!

I think you should stick some 'natural' looking photos up of yourself, it may help with typing. I think the fact you consistantley asks questions indicates Ne.

How about telling us a story, how you reacted, feelings, thoughts and behaviour of you throughout the story? May be a fun and interesting indicator?

Great suggestion, Twitch! I'm running out of time now again, but I'll have to think of something!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    If I read your first post in this thread, I'd say you're a XXXj type. What would you say, does that sound right? Here is a description: Link (XXXj is 'rational' and XXXp is 'irrational')
    Hmm. It says: "Rationality in socionics is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on actions and emotions. In contrast, Irrationality means a focus on states of mind and body." Let me ask you lol, cause I'm still learning, how do I know if I'm more focused on actions/emotions or mind/body? Any questions you can think of asking me that would help me distinguish?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You come across as unbelievably nice and likeable and, heck, you do it while talking about pickles.

That said (and not necessarily b/c of it), I really like PP's "ESE > LSE > Anything Else" typing above.

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From your first post I'd type you as asking, dynamic, merry, farsighted. I've never seen so many question marks in one post (-> asking), the post is very long and tells us almost nothing about you (-> dynamic), you say "lol" quite often and use many smilies(-> merry), you say you think before you act and don't like risks (-> farsighted).

The only asking*dynamic*merry*farsighted type is INFp.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    From your first post I'd type you as asking, dynamic, merry, farsighted. I've never seen so many question marks in one post (-> asking), the post is very long and tells us almost nothing about you (-> dynamic), you say "lol" quite often and use many smilies(-> merry), you say you think before you act and don't like risks (-> farsighted).

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    Hi Mountain Dew I have taken a look at some photos of you through Sarah's links and think that in some photos you have a bit of the "Colin Firth" look happening.
    I look forward to hearing some info from you about yourself in this thread. A question you could perhaps answer would be how sporty and action orientated are you in life?
    Haha thanks! Very flattering to say I look like a successful actor! To answer your question, I am very sporty and athletic. I've played soccer for 10 years, done Tae Kwon Do for 5 years, basketball for 4 years, track and field for all 4 years of high school, cross country in both high school and university, pick-up football with friends, etc, the list goes on and on! I am very physically active and try to work out at least 2-3 times a week. I was lifting weights more in the spring but this summer I've been doing a lot of running to stay in shape. Distance running for cardio and building lean muscle, but I also do a fair amount of sprinting to build strength. In the past month I got back into doing push-ups a bit too. I can do 40 pushups in 60 seconds but not quite satisfied with that yet.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Not sure why you say "he" (I just checked the profile and could not find a clue), but anyway, this theory ruins my hypothesis that he might be ESE (Alpha Extrovert but finishing things out & stuff).
    I am a "he"! I'm 22 years old, just graduated from Penn State University with a BS in Finance. I'm really good with numbers and calculating things quickly in my head, always did better than other students in my Finance classes (at least compared to the amount of study time I put in, haha), and when I did decide to try hard I would get A's. I graduated with a 3.6.

But although I'm good at it, I don't know if a career in Finance is right for me. Which is one reason I'm trying to get into socionics more, to figure out and understand myself better, so I can pick a career I'll like more! I'm good with numbers and math, yeah, but in school I always did well in every subject. I'd just pay lots of attention and focus on the teacher, absorbing everything they said, and I'd be able to remember everything without having to study outside of class. Was straight A student, graduated in high school 3rd in my class. Of course in college I had to build better study habits. :wink: Kinda hard if you're not used to it!

Maybe this is another clue to my personality, but one reason I didn't like Finance is how impersonal it sometimes is! I can't see myself sitting on a computer calculating stuff on Excel all day, that'd be pretty boring in my opinion! Very tedious. I hate busy work, paperwork, etc. I like making plannings, strategizing, accounting for every detail, deciding the best possible course of action! (The decision part of Finance I like, not the tedious busywork and calculating) I tend to come up with many thorough, well-thought out plans, but then don't necessarily spend the time following through with them.

Mountain Dew, I still think you're ESE. What's more clear to me is Ej, but I have reasons to think both Fe and Si. That "safety first" is one of the most interesting things that make me think about Si-Creative, then Fe > Te, IMO, for example you said that you use to spend time to understand how something works, unlike LSEs who learn how something can be used. I actually recall a dialogue with an ESE friend last days (female!), she previously used to care for oldies and now she maintains some government servers - don't ask me how she did that, lol - and at one point she said "I can do SQL stuff, but I'm curious how that works, actually". Then I explained to her the principles, it's basically a program which interprets a script and modifies or queries a file based on that.
    The idea is that I see a huge contrast between Fe-Base and Te-Base in this respect, especially ESE vs LSE, because the LSEs are always impatient to know how something can be set-up and made work, not what happens internally, *what makes that possible*.

So yes, at this point I think for you that ESE > LSE > anything else. Btw, I didn't get that "holographic thinking" seriously because IMO it doesn't apply that way to types - too long and irrelevant story to tell, none of those types IMO can be you, based on what you just said .
    I decided to respond to this quote in the same post, because I think it's on topic about how I think/schooling/intelligence. ESE is ESFj, correct? Is it possible for ESE's to be good at strategy games? I always beat people in checkers, chess, etc. My senior year of college, I played a business strategy game, in a class of 1,000 people. There were 200 teams of 5. I stepped up as the CEO, or leader of my team (which I generally do in teams in school, to give you another clue to my type. I just feel like I can control morale and planning and focus better if I'm in charge of a group, which is why I like stepping up to be leader.), and my team got 1st place out of all 200 teams! The professor, who had been teaching the class for like 20 years and the strategy game for like 10, said we had scored higher than his personal best.

What I was really good at what understanding how different variables in the strategy game affected each other. Spend more $ in automation early to lower your cost of goods sold and save in the long-run on labor. Balance your borrowing evenly between taking out loans and issuing stock in order to keep your leverage between 1.8 and 2.5. Develop new products and revise existing products to adjust to consumers' changing needs and preferences. I understood everything really well along with this other kid in our group, and we explained a lot to our 3 other members. We had a good group, one guy would also give a lot of suggestions which we had to think about, another guy and girl didn't like the strategy very much, so we had them do this 'competition watch' thing to keep track on our competitors, and the girl was a good writer too, so we had her do a lot of our reports, since she didn't help as much with the game. But I understood the strategy, found a role for everyone in our group, and effectively delegated tasks to people based on their strengths, and found a purpose for everyone in the group. I like leading by being a good listener/communicator and understanding people's strong-points, figuring out who should be working on what.

Whatever personality type I am, I know I'm pretty smart! Not to brag, but I'm curious if it's possible for SF's to be especially good at strategy? I always beat people in checkers, chess, business strategy games like above ^^ that I get carried away in describing lol, etc. I can see how one thing leads to another, and I can pick what needs to be done NOW to lead to a more favorable outcome LATER.

My understanding was that strategy was mostly an NT thing? But I learned from someone very smart :wink: that ST types were actually better at strategy. That strategy can be a sensing thing, seeing how one thing leads to another, very directly. Not so much using Intuition or making connections, but seeing each thing separately. So Pied Piper, if I'm ESE, or ESFj, that's one thing I'm not sure if it fits me. How can SF's be good at strategy? I am definitely good at joking around and getting under other people's skin . Maybe I'm just a really smart ESFj, and it's possible for sensing types to be good at strategy too? Or is what I described in this rather long post about my academics and intelligence more typical of a different type?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    You come across as unbelievably nice and likeable and, heck, you do it while talking about pickles.

That said (and not necessarily b/c of it), I really like PP's "ESE > LSE > Anything Else" typing above.
    Haha thanks! I've been told I can be quite charming. :wink:

Very interesting! More descriptive than focusing on functions, which is what Pied Piper talked about more. Can't other types, to some degree, be asking, dynamic, merry, farsighted? ENTj, ISFp, ENFp? If I'm INFp, what functions do you see me using? How can INFp's be the traits you described?

Although I do love getting complements. If there are any other positive traits you see, keep them coming!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Pied Piper, please don't forget that LSE have the capability of Fe as a role function, lol. ESE don't like strategy games.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Not INFj

LSE would be a good guess...

ESE's don't really care for a major in Finance...but, wait, I'm trivializing..lol

You like strategy games...that sounds like the following

ESTp
    ISTp
    ESTj
    ISTj
    Thanks for responding! Could you explain why you think I'm not an INFj? I appreciate the help in my typing, but I'm also trying to learn as well! I don't necessarily think I am an INFj (maybe, I'm trying to be open still), I'm just curious to know WHY people come to their conclusions.

Haha and you'd be surprised the many different types of Finance majors there are! Stereotype would be of course logical, competitive, etc. but there are plenty Finance majors who don't necessarily like it, including me. I know this one girl who looked like she could be a fashion design major, really cute, girly, friendly, but she could do her finance calculations! Definitely not the stereotypical Finance major. So don't judge my type just based on that.

... And from those 4 type suggestions, I take it you agree that ST types are generally best at strategy. But could it be possible I'm a different type who's smart? I don't necessarily agree with some of the ST descriptions... all the ST's, to some degree, are described as cold, logical, reserved, calm! Which is definitely not me. I'm very outgoing, energetic, expressive... my boss at work once described me as high-strung. But other type descriptions don't mention being good at strategy lol. I guess I'm being nitpicky, but I can find reasons why each type doesn't fit me! I know nothing is perfect, but... I can see faults in everything.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for responding! Could you explain why you think I'm not an INFj? I appreciate the help in my typing, but I'm also trying to learn as well! I don't necessarily think I am an INFj (maybe, I'm trying to be open still), I'm just curious to know WHY people come to their conclusions.

Haha and you'd be surprised the many different types of Finance majors there are! Stereotype would be of course logical, competitive, etc. but there are plenty Finance majors who don't necessarily like it, including me. I know this one girl who looked like she could be a fashion design major, really cute, girly, friendly, but she could do her finance calculations! Definitely not the stereotypical Finance major. So don't judge my type just based on that.

... And from those 4 type suggestions, I take it you agree that ST types are generally best at strategy. But could it be possible I'm a different type who's smart? I don't necessarily agree with some of the ST descriptions... all the ST's, to some degree, are described as cold, logical, reserved, calm! Which is definitely not me. I'm very outgoing, energetic, expressive... my boss at work once described me as high-strung. But other type descriptions don't mention being good at strategy lol. I guess I'm being nitpicky, but I can find reasons why each type doesn't fit me! I know nothing is perfect, but... I can see faults in everything.
    I though it out there to see how you would react...just testing you, sorry

Anyway, nothing you said would help us type you.

Be honest in answering my following questions...

1. Are you rigid?
    2. Do you prefer order and routine? Or, are you orderly and routine like?
    3. Do you often tell people how to do something?
    4. How do you respond when they don't do as you tell them?
    5. Do you like your room/kitchen, belonging placed a certain way ONLY and kept that way?
    6. How do you take suggestions from others in how to do things? Do you consider the possibilities offered with ease?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-Snaps

IEIs don't even usually ask questions. If you want to know what he should have meant, read about the "Reinin dichotomies", they're some theoretical dichotomies to justify the combinations of four letters, I/E-S/N-T/F-j/p. Many of these dichotomies are contested as fictional, often contradicting type descriptions. So yes, what they say are more palpable, but not necessarily true. And btw, Socionics typing is done using descriptions and the full picture, consider the functions/dichotomies I talk about as short names - eg. it's easier to say "Si Creative" that "ESE and LSE", nothing different, I don't use functions in typing. For example, your last information made me think towards both LXE and LSE, leadership, long-term planning, etc, these are things which they have in common, regardless of functions, although there are advanced explanations for them, too, they are simply useless into typing.

(note that Wikisocion is user-edited, what you read there is not necessarily true, or even accepted consensus; take it as an introduction)

Dynamic/Static and Merry/Serious are correctly revealing things, in the end Dynamic are all Ej and Ip functions, and Merry is Ti and Fe - basically what they have in common, nothing more, nothing less. Asking and Farsighted are based on nothing related to the Model A and there's neither evidence to sustain them. In the same category are Process/Result, and Negativist/Positivist, for example.
    Very interesting! I was looking for someone to hopefully explain this, as I'm new and trying to learn. Just like I asked Maritsa to explain why she thinks I'm not INFj, I was going to ask you to explain why you think I'm Ej. I'm definitely going to have to re-read what you wrote tomorrow when I'm not so tired, so I can understand it better.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You have a strong and very well developed Se; you answer questions thoroughly and are particular to the details, much more so then I can see and INFj being so, but then if you've pushed yourself to take the time to answer the questions and are extra conscientious about your spell check and reread and reread several times for errors, then you could be INFj with a very well developed Se. I type by the realms of functions...

Within Te is the person who cares about efficiency and the performance of others in the task they seek to accomplish; they are also the people who will evaluate how others view the person performing the task and offer many solutions on how the person performing a task can change or improve their task to improve their efficiency...

Te/Ne combo with Si etc, don't really care about particulars in things that don't matter like perfect spelling...details suck...there just details, but it's better to be accurate then detailed.

ETC.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Be honest in answering my following questions...

1. Are you rigid?
    2. Do you prefer order and routine? Or, are you orderly and routine like?
    3. Do you often tell people how to do something?
    4. How do you respond when they don't do as you tell them?
    5. Do you like your room/kitchen, belonging placed a certain way ONLY and kept that way?
    6. How do you take suggestions from others in how to do things? Do you consider the possibilities offered with ease?
    1) Unfortunately I would say yes, I can be rigid. I don't like it when my schedule changes or someone changes plans last second. I like knowing and expecting what's going to happen. But... if it's someone I like, or a family member, I'd be more than willing to drop what I'm doing and help them.

2) Yes, my answer to #1 also answered this a bit. I have lots of patience with doing things over and over, compared to others. I can be very persistent. And in general I like things to be ordered and structured. I don't like wasting other people's time either! And I hope they respect my time as well. I hate it when other people are late... but often I find myself running a few minutes late lol. A bit hypocritical I guess. Dunno if this is helping, I'm trying to include as much info about myself as possible.

3) Not really, I am very polite. I don't like it when people are super bossy, giving orders all the time, but I get along with everyone.

4) Usually with an 'oh well'. Can't say I didn't try to help them!

5) I HATE IT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE MOVE MY THINGS.. lol. Yes, I'm very picky about my environment! In high school, my Mom went in my room once and moved one of my homework folders like 2 feet to the side, under some of my other stuff, and I couldn't find it! I freaked out, couldn't find it, and got in trouble that day at school for not having my homework! She would move stuff in my room all the time, and that just pisses me off! No respect for my space or things, I've argued with her many times about this.

Another time in college, I used to do peer tutoring, and it was getting close to Christmas time, so my boss put up Christmas lights around the room. Don't know if it was my being anal or stress from finals or both, but I made a big deal about it, claiming that the icicle lights were a fire hazard. lol An example of when I got out of hand. But yeah I don't like it when people move things without letting me know.

6) Lol. Quite honestly, no. In my head I like to think I'm open-minded. But in the moment when I'm being corrected for something, I usually explain why I acted my way, justifying what I did, and somehow spinning it back on the other person, focusing on what they did wrong lol. But usually I'll think about what they said then later, after they said it, and I'll actually put their suggestion to good use.

I think this'll be my last post for tonight, gotta get some sleep!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're LSE.

Good Night.

You just made a contradiction, by the way in what you said about yourself without realizing it. In number 3, you said no, but in number 6 you said you turn it around on the other person...lol you are Ti ignoring or weak and undervalued Ti.
    -

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding was that strategy was mostly an NT thing? But I learned from someone very smart :wink: that ST types were actually better at strategy.
    Yeah, that indeed is a very intelligent person. I completely agree with them! :wink:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountain Dew, you write like an ENFp.....lol......

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I ask questions to type someone, I'm more interested in getting thorough replies than asking relevent questions.

You're definitely an EF. I think you're an ESE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though all the "thinking things through thoroughly" threw me, ESE does seem the most likely typing. Your rigidity in particular reads strongly as EJ, which no Holographic type is.

About the strategy games - honestly that probably isn't type-related. When I do it it feels very INTj-related, but there are so many reports of odd types being masters of various strategy games that I have to dismiss that as me thinking about the game in the way that best suits me. For instance, one of those world champion chessmasters (I forget which) was an ESFp...

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There ya go, decided in cold stone. No turning back from it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*sigh*

You're searching around crazily, ambivalent and unsure about where and how to make a decision in life.

First, I'd start off with pinpointing what you really want and clarifying. If an insight feels hazy to you, it's probably hazy.

PS: You all suck balls and I want to die. But you're my family. You crazy bunch of neurotic weirdos who read into every little thing, and come up with the most asinine conclusions based on a reality you're not observing..... you. Are my family. =) Hugs and gay kisses.